/ccg/ Cape Creation General

A thread for creating stuff for Cape Games be it characters, teams, powers, universes, or plots.

All ideas are welcomed and encouraged. None are too grim. None are too wacky. The goal is to create things that GM and players can take and put in their own games, modifying elements to suit their own tastes.

>System repository
pastebin.com/bU7vZFAN

Cape World stuff:

>Australia suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/47227809/
>The Generals
pastebin.com/4ZEeWk7F
>Statesmen
pastebin.com/qCgQBDgr
>Hollywood
pastebin.com/2Bp49SEa
>Las Vegas
pastebin.com/ysD4JsRR
>Japan
pastebin.com/wz33giaC
>Germany
pastebin.com/pVweBM4F
>Generals' Villains
pastebin.com/gms0S8Vb

Topic Starter: Creation myths and origin stories for your universe. How did the universe begin? When did heroes first appear? Was there a god-wave like in DC or was there a previous universe that died to create Galactus like in Marvel?

Previous Thread:

Our first roll for the new Outlier is 29. I'll go get the book...

Got it.

Induced Mutant: The hero started life
as a Normal Human, "then something
happened." As a result of a freak
happenstance, the hero has been
physically and genetically altered. The
Fantastic Four are examples of this type.

NEED 1D100

2nd for best team

Rolled 24 (1d100)

Self-Achievement: The hero actively sought out a means of giving himself
Power. He developed the methods, procedures, equipment, or whatever
permits him to possess Power. This could be through scientific endeavors
(Henry Pym/ Ant Man), arcane study (Dr. Strange), or physical training (iron Fist).
Anyone can gain Powers similar to the hero's by following this special training.

Next, the weakness. Roll 3d100.

Rolled 51, 14, 73 = 138 (3d100)

So this kid's a bit of a try hard.

So he put himself into cosmic fantastic four rays?

Kid already sounds like he drips with issues.

Energy Depletion: The hero has a finite energy supply that permits him to manifest Power. This energy must be periodically renewed by means of rest, food, Energy Absorption, Energy Vampirism, or simply making contact with a source of that energy. If the hero's energy level drops too low, dire Effects result.

Power Negation: The hero's Powers cease to function

Limited Duration After Contact: The Effect is continuous with Contact and also lasts for a limited time after the hero is no longer exposed to the Stimulus.

POWERS next.

Roll 1d100 for number of them.

Rolled 54 (1d100)

Four powers, not bad.

4 Powers, 2 Talents, 2 Contacts.

2d100 for first power.

Rolled 55, 45 = 100 (2d100)

Cosmic origins hug?

How about super people being like anti bodies for a multiverse? They seem to save reality an awful lot. Has that ever been done before?

Missile Creation: The hero can
spontaneously create and launch
projectiles.

Matter Creation as a subset. Since I like going fast, roll 6d100 please.

Rolled 63, 20, 24, 43, 3, 51 = 204 (6d100)

I'm not sure if I like the name "Joe". But I do like where you're getting at.

I feel like it could be used for decent story stuff for games.

DCUO had Luthor gave the players super powers because he didn't want the Earth to be digitized by Brainiac but that's the only thing I can think of .

Captain FPS, leet gamer with the power of being doom guy?

Thanks, that's the goal of these threads after all.

The cosmic rays was really just Hell empowering him.

DANGER SENSE
KINETIC BOLT
The last one is Force Field vs. Vampirism, which I think we should reroll. Yes or no?

Also, should we reroll Kinetic Bolt? It's just Missile Creation.

He wants to get into VS''s snakeskin panties because he's a man and a half and she's a girl and a half, causing friction between their teams because prince blitz loves her and she hates being fought over by macho meatheads?

Maybe that's how the misunderstanding between the Junior Generals and Outliers start.
>both teams hear about a teenager with ghost powers and want to help him out
>Junior Generals have no idea who the the Outliers are
>Viperstrike and Trinity try to be genre savy and assume that the Outliers are a villainous group wanting to manipulate abuse Joe
>the Outliers have no idea why the qt3.14 ninja is beating their ass

It could tie into his weakness If conserving energy is a big deal for him, a shield against draining would be useful.

I say re roll for kinetic bolt. But keep the anti-energy drain feature. Unless you crack his over shield first he's not going to run out of cosmic bullets.

Rolled 39 (1d100)

Okay then, roll 2d100.

Rolled 2, 70 = 72 (2d100)

RESIST: EMOTION

Oh god am I laffing.

Anyways, 2 characters generated, three to go.

So we have a guy who fundamentally changed himself after obtaining powers by his own volition. He can now throw bullets from his hands, sense danger, and is steeled against emotions. He only stops when his energy is depleted.

This guy does sound like a messed up individual and is sufficiently weird enough for The Outliers.

NEXT ONE!

ROLL 2d100 FOR ORIGIN

He's a man and a half after all.

Rolled 54, 94 = 148 (2d100)

>Hormonal teenager
>Drips with issues
>Exposed self to dangerous forces for superpowers
>Gained the power of apathy

>Modified Human-Extra Parts: This type of body is harder to disguise than the other Modifications because the body now possesses extra pieces of anatomy. These may be duplicates of normal parts (arms are probably the most common example), or parts that are not found on a Normal Human. Such new parts include wings, tails, antennae, fins, or anything else that might create Powers for the hero.

>Energy Exposure: The hero was exposed to a special form and Intensity of energy— anything out of the ordinary will do—and turned into his present self.

Okay, Outliers material.

1d100 for how many powers.

So less doom guy balls to the wall and more an apathetic guy, calling his lack of emotions adult professionalism?

Don't forget the weakness!

Was going to do it last so that it's more intuitive.

Apathetic Doom Guy is the first to get punched by Viper.

Not too sure about Joe. Makes me think of coffee.

I need to draw that ranger request from last thread while I still got the chance.

If you're still taking requests, do you think you can work on Harpy's design? Or pre-evil Harpy adventuring with Baron Bizarre and Doc Chase

Rolled 55 (1d100)

Please work this time dice!

Same as last time. Let's get this rolling fast.

Roll 8d100!

Rolled 90, 77, 1, 73, 9, 35, 32, 70 = 387 (8d100)

Oh man. I wonder what her extra part is?

Take your time. I will be asleep for the next several hours, so I won't be able to see it until then anyway.

PREHENSILE HAIR
RESIST: ENERGY
HYPER-TOUCH
PLANT GROWTH

This is... odd.

Roll 3d100 for weakness.

I can get behind either of those.

I sort of have her wings "wrap around" her to form a sort of stylish dress.

I'm very much picturing her a sort of high society type. Very Malory Archer/Lucille Bluth/Lets Face It Jessica Walter.

Noted. Hopefully it'll be up by then. I'll be sure to link your post.

When the wings unfold I can picture an outfit like pic related.

Rolled 86, 4, 91 = 181 (3d100)

...I can't wait to see how salvage this one.
I like the wing dress design but I'm not really feeling the fishnets.

I feel more traditional stockings or tights are what we should aim for. They're a little too angular.

>FINITE LIMIT
Can only use her powers so much...
>Power Negation
or she loses them...
>Permanent
FOREVER!

Well this is fine and dandy, no clue how this can be anything other than an Outlier.

Should I wait to do another until we figure out what we even made?

Go full Doom Patrol. Her hair (would that count as extra part?) is a living ecosystem. It imparts more tactile information to her than her skin and hands (Hyper touch)

Her hair is resistant to energy because it was a wave of spirit-energy that created her. She's probably from Greece. Got caught up in a war between two Dryad-woods and a blast of magic got her.

Her hair can also make plants grow, imparting its supernatural vigor and growth onto it by a touch.

So her hair can connect with and control plants.

She's extremely self conscious of the magic ecosystem living on top of her scalp. She doesn't want to be a freak. The Dryads call it a blessing, she calls it a curse.

Fellow Outlier teamate "The Pro" made her cry by calling saying her name should be Chia Head.

Anyone have a kinder name for her?

>Prehensile hair
>Plant growth
>Finite power with permanent power loss is overused

Something with plants or seeds? Prehensile plants she can control, spawning from seeds that were "planted" in her scalp? And she can somehow use up those finite supply of seeds?

She could go all out and plug her forest-hair into a large group of plants and kill it by stretching her powers to the max...but although she hates it she doesn't think killing an entire magical ecosystem on her head is moral.

She's a very sweet, very kind girl. Wears a large sunhat with her hair coiled under it because shes embarrassed by it.

No real cape name, assigned file's codename is DEMETER?

So since we have an idea, let's move onto the fourth member.

2d100 please!

She was born with the name Akantha in a village in Greece protected by a forest of Dryads. She's something of a crybaby and coward, and the protective, warrior like Dryads believed they were doing her a favor by transforming her into a formidable forest warrior by turning her hair into a living micro-forest.

Typical divine thinking, like something out of Ovid.

Instead of being thankful she cursed the dryads she once loved and left for America where she fell in with the Outliers. "The Pro" thinks shes a complete pussy wimp, and Tape Deck fights with him because she feels sympathy with her plight. Their fighting just makes DEMETER cry more.

She names herself DEMETER as part of a gambit. She hopes to attract the goddess of the Dryad's attention either to get her to move the micro forest out of her scalp or to tell her off to her face.

We good to roll another?

Rolled 34, 49 = 83 (2d100)

>Breed Mutants: The hero's parents were Mutants, as were any number of preceding generations. Breed Mutants form tribes and have close-knit families; this is a defense mechanism born from generations spent hiding their true selves from normal society.

>Technical Mishap: The hero was caught in an experiment or procedure gone awry, with the result that the hero gained Powers that were totally unexpected. Such freak conditions cannot be completely duplicated, although they can be simulated. Simulations produce slightly different results, though.

Interesting, I have to go do something. If someone else wants to pick up the generation, the next roll is how many powers, talents, and contacts. 1d100.

I can take over. I got the book right here.

TAPE DECK
THE PRO
DEMETER
AND NOW...probably someone from Africa or Mexico. They're big on super bloodlines. And then an accident happens to them...

ROLL 1D100!

Just going through the pastebins of the characters we have stat'd out. Doc,Trinity,Blue Cobalt,Psinobi,Heartthrob,Hotshot Harpy and Viperstrike aren't 100% complete.

Harpy and Doc still have to pick Close Combat: Unarmed or Gadgets 6, Expertise: Science 10 or Ranged Combat: Gadgets 6, Technology 10, Vehicles 4
>I think Doc should get Close Combat Unarmed and Harpy gets Range Combat

Trinity
Expertise (Choose one) 7
Expertise (Choose one: Magic or Science)

Blue Cobalt
Expertise: (Choose one) 4
Resistant: Immunity 10 (choose two 5-point immunities:
Alteration effects, sensory Affliction effects, Fatigue effects, or a damage type (Bullets, Cold, Electricity,Fire, Magic, Radiation, Sonic))

Psinobi
Expertise: (Choose one) 6

Heartthrob
Favored Environment (Choose One)

Hotshot
Choose one: Deception 7 or *Intimidation 7*
Environmental Control: Environment 12 (8 miles; Choose two: Cold, Heat, Impede Movement, Light, Visibility)
>thinking heat for this one

Viperstrike
Precise attack(choose one:close or ranged; concealment)
Choose Two: Accurate Attack,All Out Attack,Defensive Attack or Power Attack

Rolled 38 (1d100)

Sorry to be new to this, but I'm a little confused over all the (Choose one) stuff.

I have the Mutants and Masterminds character generator, but could you explain what exactly this is asking for?

3 powers

Lets see what our bloodline tech accident has...

ROLL 6D100!

By the way, what other systems have a character generator? MM gave us Generals and Young Generals, TSR Marvel is giving us the Outliers, what kind of a team could other generators make?

I'd argue Viper Strike's Precise attack should be ranged Concealment.

Launching a shield throw from hiding and yanking it back on a string before starting a melee is very in flavor for some of her original Assassin programming.

An Expertise skill is basically the same as a Knowledge skill in D&D: you have to specify what exactly you're knowledgeable about. For example, Expertise: Magic is exactly the same thing as Knowledge: Arcana.

Rolled 49, 31, 61, 71, 10, 61 = 283 (6d100)

So because we used random generator if it's a list of a stuff we have to pick on or the other.

For Trinity for example she can choose between having an Expertise in Magic or Science for one skill as 6. Then she has another expertise slot for anything she wants. Examples of Expertise are Cooking,Criminal,Curent Events,Dance,History,Law,Medice,Magic,Politics,Popular Culture,Science,Street wise

Beyond that, the quickgen system gives you a little flexibility in defining your character by picking and choosing certain skills or advantages or resistances.

As mentioned earlier, Expertise checks are basically Knowledge checks in D&D.

Oh, alright.
I've read through it again, so should we rolls for these or choose them?

We've already built a lot for these characters so for some things I'd understand why we should deliberately choose them, but for other traits we haven't really established them, or otherwise are left open.

Blue Cobalt being athletic, ex-military, having a rough upbringing or a sharp mind are all possibilities for her past. Should we roll for stuff like that?

Again, sorry if I'm just not understanding this properly.

It's more of a flying guillotine, but yea that sounds good

It's a foldout shield, really.

The age old answer to every dilemma with one of two solutions.
Why not Both?

That sounds pretty solid. Maybe for her choose two, It should be Accurtate Attack and Defensive Attack. Sensei Serpent's fighting style is seems to be defensive and disable the enemy so those two advantages reflect that.

I'm not sure how we should roll for them. Blue Cobalt's Expertise I can see it being Space or Cosmic since Earth is her adopted home.

I need some ideas for escalation after (or while) my party deals with the gangs in their city that isn't gangs+more capes. I'm using WeaverDice in the Wormverse, so all things told, fairly low-key.

I feel like she removed the guillotine feature after becoming a good guy.

Okay, here's what we got for bloodline tech accident:

> 49, 31
Matter Disintegration (!)

>61, 71
Mind Blast

>10, 61
Sonar Detection

So what we got is a character that can use sonar to detect targets and then destroy them physically or mentally.

Any ideas for a character or theme?

It would be rather awkward for her to still have it.

Try police corruption. The bad guys have the popo in their back pocket and make the PCs lives utter hell.

Echo, he uses sonic vibrations to eliminate his enemies

>Try police corruption.
Can't believe I forgot that. Especially when the WormVerse is all about one step forward, two steps back (but diagonally).

I can only imagine the adjustment period
>"Junior Generals together! I need you all to distract Heartthrob so I can get a clean shot."
>"Uh..Hebi, you still have the spikes on your shield?"
>"Come on he's a vampire he'll be able to walk it off."
>"You said the samething about using it on Blitz."
>"And Nicky ended up being just fine."
>"...It caused an international incident because you nearly killed an African prince."
>VS decks Trinity and proceeds to throw the shield at Heartthrob out of frustration

How's this for an idea? He's the youngest son of an African family that specialize in being telepathic diplomats. He was born with a very low psychic potential, so they used an experimental device to crank him up to speed with is siblings...but it worked too well. Far too well.

He doesn't read minds. When he reaches out he causes pain to the target. That's just him attempting basic telepathy. When he actually tries to put a thought in a person's mind they disintegrate because he pumps them so full of psychic power. This works on objects as well. Passively he radiates energy across the Mental and Physical Earths that works as a passive sonar.

His family is a family of non-violent telepaths. They are healers that repair broken minds and repair political relationships. He's a weapon that can only destroy people and things.

Out of fear that surrounding nation-states with their own super protector families would suspect them of turning their families into weapons they sent him to America.

His family love him, and they keep in touch, but he lives alone as a self-sufficient teenager. He's the team dad of the Outliers, and deep down he feels abandoned by his family for being different.

His name is something cool in Swahili...what's Swahili for echo?

IS THIS GOOD?

According to google translate Mwangwi

Google Translate just gives Echo for Echo...

How about Kivuli Sauti for "Shadow Sound" as in how he describes his sonar.

I think its good. His a "noble born" like Prince Blitz but he's very humble and low-key while Blitz is proud and flamboyant.

Prince Blitz was fighting Kivuli during the Junior Generals first encounter maybe?

How about Kivuli as his name and Mwangwi as his code name?

Kivuli being what his mother named him because his psychic profile was as faint and gentle as a shadow when he was born.

>Was there a god-wave like in DC
that's a pretty good way to describe how the new wave of heroes was born in my setting.
the short version is a god of magic was going around the multiverse "colleting" various magical styles, from paladin powers to harry potter wand magic. he was doing this to become a over god, basically a god other gods worship.
he put all these styles into a ball near a seemingly ordinary earth so he could "eat" it and gain all of it's power. what he didn't figure was all those styles would conflict with each other and explode, shotguning earth with magic and awakening the magical ability of everyone on earth.
a few people got a style pre-set into them giving them a "instinct" toward their magic.
this was the birth of the new wave of superheroes and supervillains.

During the first battle:

Blitz fighting Kivuli. Blitz does Doctor Doom speechs and Kivuli just shrugs. Blitz keeps throwing storms at him and he just keeps dispersing them with disintegration.

The Pro fights Viper Strike. He keeps trying to flirt with her and she keeps trying to knock him the fuck out.

Demeter and Aria just sit down and talk. Aria tells her she thinks her hair is cool and pets it, giving Demeter head pats.

...Just forgot! We didn't roll for weaknesses for Kivuli!

ROLL 3D100!

Rolled 31, 10, 53 = 94 (3d100)

Trinity's offended no one's offensively flirting with her.

Rolled 60, 32, 70 = 162 (3d100)

So every hero is in some way magical? Could they develop their powers by studying magic?

Tape Deck switches on her color control power and uses it to troll Tesla who just wants her to play fair so she can do her first hero vs hero fight properly, Tape Deck technically wins the fight by turning her clothes and armor invisible forcing her to retreat and Tesla vows revenge and is secretly happy she now has an arch rival of her own.

Kivuli's weakness is is an energy allergy that incapacitates him only as long as he remains in contact with it.

Let's make it electricity. Help keeps things interesting between him and Prince Blitz.

Need three more Outliers for Makara, "Joe", and Tesla to fight.

ROLL 2D100 FOR ORIGIN

>Tape Deck is deaf and only hears through reading lips
>Tesla wears a helmet
>Tesla wants to have the killer bantz with her arch rival.
>Tape Deck has no idea what the hell shes saying.
>They both think the other one stays silent on purpose.

Rolled 60, 50 = 110 (2d100)

So Tape Deck can use her color changing powers to turn her clothes and armor and even herself invisible?
And she uses this power to "troll" Tesla?

Can she make Tesla's clothes and armor ridiculous shades or funny patterns?
Can she make Tesla's clothes and armor and ONLY clothes and armor invisible?

Rolled 22, 61 = 83 (2d100)

That's pretty fantastic

Yeah. The power description encourages creative thinking like that with the color power.

She can make the armor look as ridiculous as she wants.

>spoiler
That's how she forces Tesla to give up after all. Defeat through modesty.

60: Demihuman-Faun

This character is a Faun.

I just want to let that sink in a little.

A Faun.

50: They became a Faun through a technical mishap.

Well yeah, he's Outlier material alright.

ROLL 1D100 FOR POWER LEVEL

>So every hero is in some way magical?
that's the idea. sort of a inverse of marvel where most of the heroes are magic based and only a few are science based.

>Could they develop their powers by studying magic?
yep, though while they do have a instinct towards their styles a lot of it's pure guess work and they can turn their style into something radically different by simply not knowing what to do or not having the magical materials for it.
for example one guy managed to turn what was basically BDSM magic into a way of enforcing fighting game logic onto people. and one sociopath used simple beauty magic to turn himself into something out of a dead space game

>Trinity
Either Expertise 7 : Magic and Expertise:Science 6 or Expertise:Popular Culture 7 and Expertise:Magic 6

>Psinobi
Expertise:Science since she had Chase as a teacher

>Heartthrob
Favored Enviroment Urban? Is that an option

>Hotshot
Intimidation 7
Enviorement Heat and Light