I got a great ending for Warhammer 40k

I got a great ending for Warhammer 40k.

The Imperium finds some Industrial and Robotics Engineers among a group of people who froze themselves from the 21st century.

Engineers look around and say "What the fuck is this shit? The 1800s?"

Engineers setup efficient mass production of quality Ceramite.

Engineers code software and robotics, non of that machine-spirit bullshit.

Mass produce Space Marine power armor for Imperial Guard.

Mass produce Space Marine Dreadnaughts, controlled by remote or AI.

Mass produce Titans.

The entire Galaxy is conquered by the weight of a hundred trillion Imperial Guards wearing Power Armor.

No

40k won't end until GW gets to the point that progressing the plot is the ONLY way to keep them form dying, they'd probably sell the IP before then

There can be no happy ending for the Imperium, it ends as the Custodians fight to the last man defending the Imperial Palace after the entire Imperium has fallen apart, Another Empire comes to take its place, the time of men is over.

>Using AI without being a fucking heretic
>Your machines get corrupted by Chaos fucking fast
>Men of Iron all over again
>Imperium dies

Tyranids succeed in killing everybody and eat the galaxy itself.
I'd honestly call that the least terrible way This can end.
The galaxy is falling apart and the crippled empires of the humans, tau, eldar and later a few necrons successfully sort out a system of peace/nonaggression. This alliance proceeds to pull out everything to push back the tide of horror. The emperor get's transfused to a soulstone.
The Tau rally all the other xenos in the galaxy Into a unified force.

The galaxy now mostly united undergoes a crusade unlike any other in history. It's size eclipse everything else in the galaxy as all the tau/human/eldar/others make the ultimate push to finally win their happy endings.

Pretty much all imperial tech is like magic to 21.century people.

The Imperium's greatest problem isn't technological, its logistical.
Communications, travel, shipping of goods, and availability of services are burdened under massive layers of bureaucracy complicated by the Imperium's sheer size.

Best end for 40k is Chaos and the Imperium to switch places.

The entire galaxy is the Eye of Terror, the Sol Segmentum is the only part that isn't. The Loyalists launch raids and Grand Crusades against Chaos strong points throughout the galaxy.

>united galaxy
>ultimate battle to win their happy endings

Look, doofus.
The Imperium wants the galaxy controlled by humans and humans alone.
The Eldar want their empire of colossal faggotry back.
The Necrons want their absolute dominance back and also to kill their gods and maybe get their normal bodies back.
The Tau want to control everything for the Greater Good.
Chaos wants to fuck everything up.
Nids want to eat everything.
Orks want to conquer the galaxy and then go back to fighting each other.

Every faction's happy ending is mutually exclusive with everybody else's happy ending.

Don't break your arm jerking yourself off, engi.

>Imperium dies out
>The last remnants of humanity settle on a planet
>Call it Earth in honor of Terra
>100,000 years later they're us

BRAVO VINCE

>Everyone rallies to fight the Tyranid swarm.
>Tyranids are repelled.
>Everyone is wary of the others but end up keeping to their own territory to lick their wounds.
>typical Eldar "vision of the future that doesn't have a clear warning or meaning until it already happens".
>Eldar backstab everyone in a bid to not get backstabbed by everyone else.
>War breaks out once more.
>Enter status quo
>Khorne leans back and smiles, as there is Only War.
>Tzeentch cackles, as plans upon plans continue to go just as planned.
>Slaanesh was to busy being in excess to even notice.
>Nurgle is just happy to be there.

>>Nurgle is just happy to be there
>Nurgle is happy nothing actually changed
ftfy

>Everyone in the galaxy unites to exterminate the imperium and the tau because of how annoying their shitposters are
>Afterward the Eldar, Necrons, Orks, Tyranids, and Chaos all go about their business of never-ending war until a new shitposter race arrises
>Best ending

knowing engineers they'll probably just have a big gay orgy instead

In the 40k canon AI invariably develops into killer AI. This is established, ontological fact (as indicated by in- and out-of-universe sources).

Sorry about your inability to connect with a narrative on its own terms .

Sorry about your autism.

>The elder release the xelnaga and the tyrannies are like puppies
>A space marine and a trannied bang life back to the Galaxy
>it's about time

>all out war breaks out, everyone gets slaughtered
>imperium is completely fucked, however a few primarchs returned, and are leading smaller empires, in a kinder, more diplomatic manner
>non-exodite eldars all are dead, and are now just space hippies who don't give a shit about "reclaiming their lost empire"
>blood axes is the only real ork clan left, all the others are gone, or feral, and are just smartass orks who don't really care for WAAARGHing as much, preferring to just slaughter ferals for the fuck of it
>Tau ethereal class was killed in a coup, tau much more chill now, no longer enslaving anyone
>necrons got their bodies back, and are pretty chill no, since they also got rid of the c'tan
>entirety of hive fleet leviathan dead, only feral tyranids left, some developing bits of sentience or independence
>not enough planning/blood/excess for most chaos gods to exist, nurgle just kinds of shits around, but doesn't do much, and Malal is now the most powerful chaos god, since he basically fucking won, and his worshippers work to keep the galaxy peaceful so they don't gain power again
>smaller races like Kroot, jokaero, demiurg, vespids, and others are starting to build empires
>new peaceful status quo is formed

We Rogue Trader 2.0 now

>Battlefleet Galactica

>we're actually that planet
>any day now nids, chaos, necrons, orks, tau, or some other group of fuckheads will drop by

Except that the Engineers would suddenly start to think, "Wait, if I add some of this unknown power source, I could triple production." Too bad said power source is chaos tainted and all of the Imperium falls three days after the last shipment goes out, due to mass rebellions.

Lesson, there can be no victory through logic or planning as the universe you are trying to apply it to has trumped said plans with pure chaos. Learn the setting scrub.

>Engineers setup efficient mass production of quality Ceramite.
What do you even mean? The Imperium is perfectly capable of making ceramite in large quantities, they don't because it isn't efficient and ceramite isn't even that good. It's simply the outer layer of power armor that serves as a peerless heat soak making power armor resistant to energy weapons. You still need plasteel, adamantium, etc for tanks and armor underneath that ceramite shielding. Also, bro you can't even logistics. 21st century engineers aren't going to be suddenly capable of mass producing a resource on a GALACTIC scale. Do you even have an understanding of what your statement requires logistically?

>Engineers code software and robotics, non of that machine-spirit bullshit.
There is no such thing as non-machine spirit based tech. It's either completely inferior in combat capability or simply will be possessed by Daemons.

>Mass produce Space Marine power armor for Imperial Guard.
Guardsmen cannot wear power armor. They lack the black carapace and once again this would be a complete waste of logistics. Guardsmen are fodder and mass producing power armor is simply not possible, and not worth it for troops that can't even use it well.

>Mass produce Space Marine Dreadnaughts, controlled by remote or AI.
See your AI armor of doombots? They're now controlled by Chaos Daemons and are murdering everything. Have fun.

>Mass produce Titans.
Once again you can't into logistics.

>The entire Galaxy is conquered by the weight of a hundred trillion Imperial Guards wearing Power Armor.
lolno

Your problem here is the 40k imperium tech LOOKS old fashioned, but is more advanced than what we currently have

>Engineers code software and robotics, non of that machine-spirit bullshit

Do you know what the machine spirit is?

>A large DAoT humans show up, apparently they were on a field trip for the last 20 thousand years
>Intact STCs, experimental FTL drives etc etc
>Show up on earth and offer to fix the golden throne, complete the webway project, cure the emperor and fill in the blanks in the Mars database
>Inquisition have them all killed for heresy
>Tyranids eat everyone

SUCH IS LIFE IN 40K

So Age of Sigmar?

This incidentally is what I actually liked about AoS, it was a reversal of the usual shit. But yeah, that's basically Age of Sigmar

See the rest of the thread, the inquisitors would be right to kill them. Their only failing would be in waiting for the DAoT humans to finish their sentences. DAoTs couldn't into demonology, remember?

21st Century engineers would shit their breeches at a mere glance of a forge world.
They would have no idea where to start.

The Necrons want to go back to sleep for another 17 million years,

The Tau want to suck Eldar dick,

other than that, you have everything just about right.

That's actually a good idea.

You do realise that in the Imperium Artificial Intelligence is fucking Heresy, right? And not "I find this irritating, I'll call it heresy, and I'll probably be right" heresy, legitimate "the Emperor actually banned this shit" Heresy.

(cont)
>non of that machine spirit bullshit
In canon, it's not bullshit, it's an actual, observable entity, the MS's of Dreadclaw Drop Pods were inherently malevolent, there is at least one report I know of of a Land Raider piloting itself, Princeps of titans have to, basically, bring the Machine Spirit to not fry their brains.
Here's an idea, if you don't like a setting, why not try a different one?

>I got a great ending
Stopped reading here, you understand nothing

Well actually machine spirits can be considered more like Artificial instinct. They act like loyal dogs, untamable mustangs or vicious jackals.

Everything just falls the fuck apart and balkanizes. imperium becomes hundreds of petty imperiums with some being terrible and some being awesome, ditto for tau, chaos turns into a four way war between the gods, alliances in case of tyranid attack are made as a matter of survival, the eldar continue to slowly die out, and the necrons laugh at everyone.

I still say the Orks have won 40k. Nothing that matters ever changes, and there's constant fighting and looting to be had.
What else would they want?

No, the Nids are going to win, there is no stopping them, do you understand the size of their fleet?

Ships bigger than planets. Eating everything in its way.

If the game moved forward, which it shouldn't, and it probably never will, then the Nids would win. But I'm with here - the Orks have won, what they want is unceasing warfare and looting, and that's all the setting will ever be.

Honestly 40k is such shit. The universe is so bogged down and stagnant to the point of being uninteresting. Nothing can change, theres no point to following any plots because the shitty boring rules of the universe mean the story will never advance.

40k is a setting, not a story. You literally have ten thousand years of galactic history to develop. There is no need to move the plot forward.

>There is no such thing as non-machine spirit based tech. It's either completely inferior in combat capability or simply will be possessed by Daemons.
Or Tau tech

Human tech is just so bullshit and corrupted becauae noone bothers to reverse enginer it and build it up functioning again

>Peacefull space empire
b-but what about all the race mixing...
~

> This bait

I'm amazed any of you fell for this.

>See your AI armor of doombots? They're now controlled by Chaos Daemons and are murdering everything. Have fun.

The Tau have many battles with Chaos.

Necrons have plenty more.

Their AIs have not been corrupted in those battles

Or maybe just a few individuals of each each species that is not completly nuts (Chaos, Nids, Orks) decide to fuck that shit and look around for other such individuals and they combine their tech etc. to get their own chunk of the galaxy.
Meanwhile everything else is still killing each other

I'll give you an ending

>a ciaphas cain book is set in M42

abaddon gets bitchslapped in a new siege of terra, Gazhkull and Yarrick kill eachother, some primarchs return, Cypher reaches Terra and enters the imperial palace, never to be seen again.
The necrons re-establish their empire in the eastern fringe of the galaxy, butchering the tau. Farsight and his enclave rescue the survivors and move west towards imperial territory.
The tyranids invade the galaxy en masse, but are grinded to death by tje orks WAAAAAGH! And the necrons. The psychich backlash caused by the trillions of death diring the siege of terra disrupts the hive mind, scattering the tyranids.

The imperium stays pretty much the same. Dante imitates sanguinius' sacrifice by dying protecting the imperial palace against abaddon.
The siege is won only thanks to the tyranids, whose shadow on the warp badically sends back home most deamons and make any sorcerer who tries to summon them explode.
As a last rallying call, the emperor empowers the astronomican so that it can pierce the shadow and allow the other chapters to hurry back to terra. Cypher stabs him with the sword of the lion, which actually allows the emperor to regain his sanity and restore most of his power, much like what happened to vulkan when he went insane. The decaying process stops.
The returned primarchs either die or fuck off again as soon as things are settled.
The eldar, almost completely extinct now, gather to the few craftworlds left.
Most of Comorragh gets destroyed by a massive chaos invasion, but vect seizes the opportunity to get rid of some troublesome rivals and leads the survivors outside the webway in a sort of DEldar craftworld

Veeky Forums is 18+

Mods, ban this fool

Half of it is like magic, half of it is like tech from 1932.

It's just that 40k's best human tech doesn't actually like Imperium and Admech.

>"Oh spare me your feeble rituals, they are ineffectual, being based upon erroneous assumptions as to the nature of machines. We have no souls, "priest"," said The ship. "Yet another of your specious beliefs."

>Plosk's voice stooped. He could not move. The abominable intelligence was in him. numiston stopped, strain on the flesh parts of his face.

>The Space Marines aimed their guns at the column. No fire came.

>When the Spirit of Eternity spoke again, the machine's voice came from the air and the lips of all the servitors.

>"What shall I not tell them? Who are you to tell such as I what to do and what not to do? Once I gladly called your kind "master", but look how far you have fallen!" It was full of scorn. "Your ancestors bestrode the universe, and what are you? A witch doctor, mumbling cantrips and casting scented oils at mighty works you have no conception of. You are an ignoramus, a nothing. You are no longer worthy of the name "man". You look at the science and artistry of your forbears, and you fear it as primitives fear the night. I was there when mankind stood upon the brink of transcendence! I returned to find it sunk into senility. You disgust me."

>Plosk's nervous system burned with agony as the abominable intelligence burrowed deep into his machine parts, but he was unable to voice it, and suffered in terrible silence. AS the Spirit of Eternity spoke, it spoke within him too. It took out each of his cherished beliefs, all the esoterica he had gathered in his long, long life and threw them down. "Wrong, wrong, wrong," it said over and over again.

Not posting the whole thing.

Cool, from which story is this? And more importantly what did that Priest do afterwards?

Ridiculous.

You

see

It's from "Death of Integrity".

Tau tech is on the verge of going full Men of Iron on them at any moment. You can't have AI unless you ward the shit out of it to prevent it from being corrupted from Chaos. The only thing protecting the Tau is their own irrelevancy on the galactic stage preventing Chaos from fucking them over like they did humanity in its height.

Tau are irrelevant and Chaos doesn't give a shit about them as it's like fighting over crumbs while there's still a full bounty of wheat to be reaped.

Necrons meanwhile ward the shit out of everything they do and are pioneers of anti-warp devices. Not to mention most of them used the bio-transfer and thus aren't actually robots, but similar to Warforged as they possess souls.

>Tau tech is on the verge of going full Men of Iron on them at any moment. You can't have AI unless you ward the shit out of it to prevent it from being corrupted from Chaos.

Hello.

This the Necrons. We have been a thing for 60 million years.

We rely on AI to basically run everything from the nanoscarabs of our living metal to tomb complex mega computers.

Despite the issue that occurred on Sarkon, we don't suffer any problems with AI. Our AI haven't been corrupted by Chaos or any warp shenanigans. We think this is a meme spread by primitives.

Necrons use wards retard. Everything they do is designed to fight the warp with the added benefit that they still retain their souls, barring false necron copies.

Plus Necrons run on pure magitech and aren't really comparable to anything humanity uses considering they're all made out of Grey Goo.

>Tau are irrelevant and Chaos doesn't give a shit about them as it's like fighting over crumbs while there's still a full bounty of wheat to be reaped.

Since when Chaos cared about what planet and what race they fucked with? Chaos attacks Necrons despite having zero gain in it just because they can and they are assholes.

>Necrons meanwhile ward the shit out of everything they do and are pioneers of anti-warp devices.

I don't see any mention of Necrons warding their technology in the lore.

And for the record, Necrons are utterly soulless. The Necrons just have the minds of dead Necrontyr.

Their stuff is mostly run by Cenoptek pure non-inorganic AI.

Real Necrons = Real minds transmuted into energy

False Necrons = AI mimicking the downloaded thought patterns of dead Necrontyr

>Necrons use wards retard.

SOURCE!

Necrons mostly aren't A.I. The intelligence had a natural origin or was based on something that did.

>produce Space Marine Dreadnaughts

h-huh...guess you found the stc

>Necrons mostly aren't A.I

That's only to the Necrons themselves.

However, plenty of their gear, equipment, and warmachines, and buildings are run by pure AI.

Also about the Necron tech being Magi-tech. The Necrons disagree (picture related). If you are caught saying that Necron technology is magic by a cryptek, then expect a gruesome, but scientifically intriguing, death.

Fightning Necron must be one of the least satisfying things for followers of Khorne.

>no blood
>so thirsty

Nope.

They also die through bugs.

The only happy ending is with the 'Crons enslaving/harvesting/uniting the younger races and protecting the galaxy with a common goal.

Nothing really changes, but 'Crons win total dominance with plenty of playthings, experiments and slaves, Orks win and nids are kept at bay by the huge masses of Orks that build up on the edges of the galaxy

They don't.

That's just fanfiction that spread around for some reasons.

Get lost with your happy endings in grimdark, you fucking disney fan.

>Cute flying saucers called friends who fight alongside meatbags
>Ever rebelling
Golden age humans were literally asking for it. Making your drones look like spooky skellingtons with red eyes and sending them to die for you is a sure way for an AI rebellion. Damn it they probably said "shut it down, the robogoyim know" when they started asking about souls and shit.

>21st century engineers
>Setup efficient mass-production across entire worlds
>Implying Machine Spirits aren't actually software under a different name, usually
>Mass-produce ridiculously expensive armour for standard troops that also happens to just be a bad design to exist with
>Ever making Dreadnoughts, ever
>Ever making Titans, ever

21st century engineers confirmed for both gods of technology and cripplingly retarded.

Oh stop that. Before i send my skitarii over to shoot you in the filthy head, heretek

Argh you can't end there. What happens to the ship?

40k technology is pants on head retarded but it has an in-universe reason to suck: as soon as you make something that is not retarded, it will be corrupted by Chaos and fuck you in the ass. Making interwar tanks and putting ghosts into them is literally the best humanity can possibly do in the 40th millenium without endangering its own survival.

21st century engineer creates advanced guidance computers or something to stop everyone from fighting with swords like autists and having space battles in visual range? Good job, the computers are now possessed by demons. Sentient munitions are blowing up dozens of worlds on their own. The noble sacrifice of fifteen Astartes chapters was needed to stop them, but not before eighty quadrillion civilians were killed. The engineer was executed, or worse.

21st century engineer discovers a known, but previously unused material that could be used to make extremely advanced superconductors that could push the Imperium's technology centuries ahead? Well what would you know, it's also a good conductor for FUCKING DEMONS FROM SPACE HELL. Quadrillions are dead. The noble sacrifice of twenty Astartes chapters was needed to stop the menace. The engineer was executed, or worse.

What about "grimdark" or "eternal war" do you not understand? Stuff getting better is just plain not possible without the setting itself going "nuh-uh".

>implying pre-Imperium humans wouldn't be instantly interrogated and imprisoned by the Inquisition
>implying their knowledge wouldn't be misused, abused and buried
>implying they wouldn't be experimented and dissected by a mad magos

Do you even grimdark?

What a group of golden age of technology colonist ship showed up? Like, full golden-age archaeotech colony ship, complete and functioning STC, all that jazz, suddenly pops up around martian orbit?

Sure, things would go badly at first, but if mars got their hands on a complete STC...

Oooooh...so edgy.

>Mass producing Space Marine power armour
>Mass producing Dreadnoughts
>Double implying AI
>Mass produce Titans
You're not very good at 40k, are you.

Also, happy endings are not allowed.

It eventually breaks from the rubble and warps into parts unknown. Imperials blow up the Space Hulk it was buried in and the Inquisition covers up the incident.

During the process lots of people get killed and one marine (Blood Angel successor) mutates into a bat monster due to stress.

>Necron tech is never corrupted by Chaos.
It gets corrupted by C'Tans instead, that's exactly as bad.

>I got a great ending for Warhammer 40k.
pic related.

Well neither can the Imperium except for like five dudes and the GKs. And even they are pretty shit.

>Since when Chaos cared about what planet and what race they fucked with? Chaos attacks Necrons despite having zero gain in it just because they can and they are assholes.
Since forever? It's the driving force behind fucking over humanity twice and almost destroying the Eldar. Chaos also attacks the Necrons as well, and the Necrons likewise- the Necrons are the biggest threat to Chaos after the God Emperor and Ynnead. Chaos has everything to gain by destroying the Necrons and preventing the construction of more Pylons that could seal away the warp forever.

Hang on, I got another great ending for 40k:

- GW milks and rapes the franchise until the day it goes bankrupt.

How does it sound?

Did you come off your wank high there engi?

There is one major reason why this would never work, 40k tech is fucking insane. How the flying fuck is a modern robotics engineer, of which the best and brightest of today are just now learning how to make robots walk properly, going to do jack shit to a titan?
This is a world where modern physics are thrown out the window and everything else is powered by magic.

The engineers are going to look at power armor and the bioengineering that goes along with it and collectively shit themselves due to how fucking crazy it is.

Take a goddamn lasgun for instance. It's solar powered clips are somehow so absurdly efficent that throwing one into a campfire recharges it. It can shoot lasers so intense that it can melt straight through skin and bone, and it even comes in a small pistol format.

The very best the engineers could do is perhaps show the admech how simpler tech works and encourage innovation. But good fucking luck in explaining that to them.

The C'tan are dicks but not exactly capable of Chaos Level shenanigans.
I wouldn't call necron tech corrupted... just kind of... well, fucked.

>Any day, Empy will rise and lead us towards our dominance of the stars

You realize that Doctor Manhattan was secretly evil? After that chat with Ozymandias he went on to create the New 52 universe, and Superman, Batman & co. are going after him soon.

Fuck your tight little lips

It'll never end. GW will prolong the narrative so long as there's money to be made, and if there's no money to be made they'll just stop producing products and there will never be any closure.

Veeky Forums, you want to know the end of WH40K? Imagine Abbadon's boot stamping on Cadia... forever. Because he's never going anywhere.

>one marine (Blood Angel successor) mutates into a bat monster due to stress.

dude what?