Post characters that'd look like they'd be in the overwatch universe

Post characters that'd look like they'd be in the overwatch universe

Bump

That dude's design on the right looks really familiar for some reason.

That shooter has a setting?

That's because it's Excalibur, Mag and Volt from Warframe as humans.

A fairly in-depth one, actually. Look up the history and Bliz's animated shorts, it's all about as well done as you'd hope.

Needs more flying robot dinosaur

>THE FUTURE BUT ROBOT CIVIL RIGHTS
>In depth

Nice meme

Oh, I was thinking it looked a little like Vash.

Bump

HOW is this fucking Veeky Forums related?

I can never quite warm up to this cyberpop stuff.

It's a setting, presumably OP wants to run a game in it.
I know you want this stuff explicitly spelled out for you, but it's really not difficult to infer.

How would you run a game in a pulpy future science world like this then? Think Mutants and Masterminds would work properly for this, or maybe Savage World.

>all things are Veeky Forums related because the op may theoretically want to run a game relating to it :^)

Gas yourself

>Something from outside media can't be Veeky Forums related
I'm not going to stoop all the way to your level and use a smiley though.

Literally Reaper with a sword.

plz

Honestly, I'm annoyed there isn't a Single Player (Or Co-op multiplayer) campaign for it.

I'd rather play a game in the setting than a PvP shooter.

I'm a tad embarrassed to realize my current Malifaux character has ended up as Reaper.

Ghost Eater/Gunslinger. Ghost Eaters get Chi when stuff dies around them and use it to fuel special abilities like turning incorporeal.

One of them is Hunpo Assault. You teleport somewhere and make an attack against everyone on melee range of you. Gunslingers can use pistols and shotguns in melee.

So I've got a spooky shooting woman who turns into a ghost and has a Death Blossom big trick.

At least she's less edgy than him.

And of course, the main character, so dedicated to smoking that he can somehow do it through his helmet, the one and only skittle-lover, Paladin

...Anything vaguely cartoonish? Good game or not, the Overwatch design is horribly generic.

Guess which one came first.

these three for sure(and quite a few of the other characters in this franchise honestly)

Literally anything, because that game has no focus or coherency at all. I don't know why they even bothered to write up some kind of shit story.

>here's a cowboy!
>here's a dude from mad max!
>here's a korean pro gamer with a mech!

it's fun, but what the fuck.

In some ways that's more realistic than some universes
>Here's a whole cast of cowboys because this is cowboy universe where everyone on the planet is cowboys
>Here's a whole cast of mad max since nobody on the planet made it out with more tech and sanity than the aussies.

It's a global setting, so it makes sense that the cast are pulled from lots of different backgrounds and personalities.

They aren't very anachronistic at least. Even the weird chi dragon spirit guys use tech.

YES

This one's probably cheating

How is this Veeky Forums again? Did you miss your LZ?

I guess its just overwatch pr.
They try to flood all with overwatch stuff.

Sweet Jordans!

remember when Battleborn was supposed to be a threat to OW? lmao

Eh, honestly, I'm okay with this.
As long as they supply good art and not shitpost the board into oblivion, I can tolerate this.

Pretty much all Marvel heroes would fit right in.

>Enviroment containing huge razor blades and sugar canes.

Wut?

I really hate how the Los Muertos are 100% ripped from Netrunner.

Slaanesh.

Also the environment is a Plane of Elemental Cocaine.
Because Slaanesh.

>Things from outside media should be considered Veeky Forums related even if absolutely no effort has been put into making them Veeky Forums related.
With the slow migration of quest threads, guess we gotta shit up the board somehow.

I'm sorry that you completely lack the ability to use deductive reasoning but it would be extremely tedious for everyone on the board to exhaustively list all the Veeky Forums things they might be planning on doing with images that could fit into a specific setting that can easily be adapted into any number of Veeky Forums related systems.

>Playing traditional games is shitting up the traditional games board

Uh-huh.

It's literally just a character art thread bro.

If this one isn't Veeky Forums then none of them are.

>implying traditional games aren't shit

this is actually a trash can wood burning kiln which is pretty cool please dont use it to shit post

>it would be extremely tedious
"Hey guys, I want to run a tabletop RPG based on the setting and mechanics of the popular video game Overwatch. Can you post character images that might be appropriate for that?"
Wow, that was extremely tedious to write! Good thing I don't have a hobby that involves writing!

It was also entirely pointless because "I want to use this in a Veeky Forums related fashion" is implied by the fact that it's posted on Veeky Forums. It's pointlessly redundant to state it twice, since the OP isn't asking for mechanics.

>is implied by the fact that it's posted on Veeky Forums
Then literally anything posted on Veeky Forums is on topic by definition, and nothing is off topic, which makes it impossible to be banned for posting off topic.
Since I can personally attest to having been banned for posting off topic, this is not the case. There is a limit.
You have already typed more words arguing with me than it would take to clarify how this thread is on topic.

Looking for pictures that fit into a vaguely sci-fi setting is definitely well within that limit. Hell, this isn't even a good example of a thread that might not be on topic because the OP specifically asked for characters that look like they fit in the setting, and not anything about the related vidya game, its mechanics, or any news related to it.
Now, keep in mind that we're looking for characters that fit in the setting. Not the vidya game, the setting. This is evident when you look at the OP and at what is being posted (Aside from this meta). There is no mention of crunch because that's not what we're looking for, presumably because they've already worked that out or are planning to once they've got some characters in mind. There is no rule on Veeky Forums that says all threads have to be crunch related, and posting things that fit a theme or setting is a common, daily occurrence. There is also no rule that prohibits people from using settings from media beyond Veeky Forums or using official products only.

Aside from all that, you are not the arbiter of what is and isn't Veeky Forums related and nobody is beholden to your opinions.

and just to fuck with you all...

there is no universe theme.. literally anything fits in.

lel yeah.. fucking blizzard shill.

... And it's solely Torbjörns fault.

Is it because he's a manlet

These are not sugar canes.

You think a superhero game could work? Because I'm almost sure I'm gonna get players asking for a game set in a similar setting in a few months.

Considering how many of them seem to have some kind of powerset that is either part of themselves or cybernetic enhancement, I think it could work rather well. Besides which, where else do you see such an eclectic mix of styles than a super hero comic?

implying

Git gud fggt

>posting my edit
I know where you've been user.