Why did wizards fuck up so bad with Oath? The eldrazi are played in literally every format...

Why did wizards fuck up so bad with Oath? The eldrazi are played in literally every format. This happened with t cruise and dtt and those got banned and restricted. But since it's creature based now, Wizards won't do shit.

>Wahhh Wizards never prints cards that are good in non-rotating formats
>Wahhh Wizards printed cards that are good in non-rotating formats

>This
The Eldrazi are fine now, I'm glad we got rid of Eye of Ugin. Treasure Cruise is pure retarded, is sightly weaker Ancestral Recall.

What? Every set has been a fuck up since Alpha.

Chronicles was purest waifu material

I wonder if it's different people making complaints. I honestly prefer how every set or 2 has a eternal playable card, sure I wish the standard power level were a little higher, but I don't want them to power creep, which is literally what oath was.

Eldrazi sell more than any other cards.

boom that's why it's cancerously popping everywhere.

Alpha did fuck up though.

The problem is wizards never prints cards that are good in non-rotating formats and not decks of their own.
We need cards that even the odds across the board, not cards that make one new OP as fuck deck every block.

I am so sick of this godforsaken deck. It's even worse in Legacy, and I don't even play some stupid "i lose to chalice on 1" deck either.

No, please.
Continue to complain ambiguously about something that absolutely none of us know about and that you fail to reference in the slightest.

I play storm and I'm honestly fine with the existence of the deck in the format; I even think it's a good thing that the deck is a thing. That said, I get my shit slapped by the deck alot, but w/e. Miracles is much more oppressive imo.

Miracles are much more harder to pilot in comparison to Eldrazis.

At this point the only easier deck to play in Legacy than Eldrazi is burn and you don't see burn as a DeckToBeat.

Before the ban eldrazi was THE deck to play. It was one of the only deck archetypes that could throw out up to 4 creatures T2.

what good matchups does it have?

delver variants?

elves?

They don't test for eternal formats.
That said, I don't understand why people hate them. Everyone is always shitting on new sets for not enough eternal cards but then some really fucking good cards come out and people still bitch. Do they want exclusively cards that will make their single T2-3 deck better?

>Oath
>Power creep
I want to see my 3cmc Rhino and my 1cmc tarmogoyf with treshold

I don't see how your comment is relevant...

I said burn isn't a DeckToBeat. Eldrazi by all means can be considered a DeckToBeat.

Decks being hard or easy to play has nothing to do with them being good or bad.

The problem is that this created a new deck, instead of adding anything to the existing ones.

I don't know about Veeky Forums, but generally people didn't bitch about Treasure Cruise and Dig Through Time or Delver or Pyromancer even half as much as they do about eldrazi.

Differently than Delver or Pyromancer, who could did make their own decks appear or even miracles, eldrazi feels like an "archetype" (See YuGiOh), instead of being both cards that are just good on their own and cards that you can build around.

They're also probably the quickest at becoming a "Deck To Beat" ever too, through multiple formats at the same time too.

It also has to do with what people like and hate.

Mental Misstep isn't a hated card in Vintage, yet everyone complained about Lodestone Golem being at 3 for years and years.

You know why? Same as Delver or Pyromancer or Goyf or Snapcaster or Bob, you can just throw Misstep into almost any shell and it'll be good - Lodestone only has 1 shell where it's good at (probably too good, was).

You can't pick a single eldrazi card that's good in eldrazi deck and throw it into "whatever 2-3 color name deck" and make it work, you have to throw colors at all the good eldrazi to make it good.

tl;dr:
People like cards that are good in more than 1 deck/good in existing decks, not cards that work in only 1 deck and/or its variants.

Why? Eldrazi are fucking retarded, who actually likes them?

The big problem with Eldrazi is that they're colorless yet they're costed as if they're not colorless.

This has been my hugest gripe with MtG for the biggest time. Colorless is supposed to be overcosted because it can be used it anything.

If Green had a land that said Tap: Add GG to your mana pool and lose 2 life, every deck would be playing 4 and then it'd probably get banned. Yet Colorless gets this and it's completely fine.

I like them. I like heir cool far realm outsider nature. Sadly that will be fucked up as the sets go on.

I like my matchup as grixis delver, and BUG delver destroys the deck. Elves, properly tuned, has a goo matchup as well.

It has good matchups against storm and miracles to some extent. It's a deck to beat because so many people are playing it, not because the deck is particularly good

>grixis delver
How/why? Chalice shuts down half your deck and you can't bolt a TKS or a Reality Smasher.

Eldrazi is very soft to wasteland and pretty soft to daze. The lists that I run have MD abrupt decay's, so a turn 1 chalice sucks but isnt the end of the world.

Most of the time I can outrace them or drop a gurmag angler and shut down everything.

The reason that the matchup used to seem lopsided is because people didn't know how to play it out. Now that I know how to board/play against it, I tend to just crush it.

I also play painter, which roflstomps eldrazi.

>Release set that's not as powerful
Ugh, ruined
>Release set that's powerful
Ugh, ruined

Alright, the decay might be just the trick. I play Dredge myself so only thing I basically need to avoid is Leyline, and if you board in 4 claims it's not too outlandish to have one plus some action, unless you get Chalice'd on the draw.

They are not really colorless in the same way that artifacts are.

If any deck could use them, yes, they would be undercosted, but they are this weird almost sixth color, and with magic having years and years of colorless utility lands usable, it just a matter of using more utility lands, and putting the eldrazi in.

So what you're saying is they're undercosted, and instead of playing basic lands you get to play utility lands? Great design!