PF2E

What would Pathfinder Second Edition be like?

What SHOULD it be like?

HARDMODE: No "13th age" answers.

it'd be exactly like it was when wizard tried to do it.

you'd all fucking hate it and you'd go back to what your playing now.

btw I'm basing this off of 5th edition, not 4th. if you haven't magically jumped ship already, there's no reason for Paizo to shoot themselves in the foot now. They made their money.

Why would we use 13th age? People want a game they can actually play.

It should look like FantasyCraft.

THACO
H
A
C
O
!

Like a tabletop version of Darkest Dungeon

Feats condensed down into something useful.
Casters brought down a tad.
Martials get more non-combat stuff baked into their class set.

I feel Casters should get powers for constant DPS, Martials should get powers for burst DPS, both should innately have functional non-combat kits.

Personally I would just want Paizo to admit the existence of tiers and rerelease accordingly.
Meaning that, if tiers exist and the their definition is correct in the "tier 1 characters mostly outshine tier 3 and lower characters"-sense, the could just rebundle the stuff they already have.

Tier 3&4 are the new core rulebook. Just heroic high fantasy, maybe a bit age of the sail/gothic horror setting (think Alchemist, Paladin, Inquisitor and occult classes).

Release tier 5&6 classes as a MUH GRITTY REALISM splat book, warning players not to mix them with nuCore classes. Rules for piece meal armor, stamina/vigour, wounds, slow healing and mass combat. Present martials in literature as inspiration (Robin Hood, Zorro, three musketeers, etc).

Ultimate Caster Cock bundles up tier 1 and 2 into some kind of super heroes in medieval !Europe. Reality bending, time travel, demiplanes and tarrasques abound. Again, place "this uses the same rules as nuCore, but don't class mix" somewhere in the introduction.

>Ultimate Caster Cock bundles up tier 1 and 2 into some kind of super heroes in medieval !Europe. Reality bending, time travel, demiplanes and tarrasques abound. Again, place "this uses the same rules as nuCore, but don't class mix" somewhere in the introduction.
So kind of like Chronicles of Darkness?

I can dig it. I can dig it indeed.

Doesn't a second edition of pathfinder sort of defeat the point?

>Doesn't a second edition of pathfinder sort of defeat the point?
How?

Paizo built their empire by catering to players that never ever want to stop buying the same system they already know. Them releasing a new system defeats the point. Maybe Dreamscarred Press or some other 3rd-party splat publisher would then pick up the reins and continue releasing 3.5 under a different name.

How the fuck would Pathfinder ever look like Darkest Dungeon?

Hell, how would any RPG that wasn't about roleplaying the leaders of the town and not the heroes?

Every class gets "spell slots" that are used for either martial or magical abilities. The modularity means constant support (the #1 reason 3.pf is caster edition supreme), and it gives you ToB out of the gate without needing to make a special system for it. It also cleans up multiclassing and prestige classes - your spell slots always advance on character level, but you use up spell slots with class abilities. Like multiclassing spellcasters in 5e.

The next thing would be slathering classes with flavorful utility features, and not just combat stuff. Now your ranger can easily get a group of people across wilderness easily and not just rolling survival to do it, or your wizard knows how to read all magical writing from his studies.

Push more into skills, and make skills a bigger part of the game. Make skills more accessible and not scale like ass where a high level character doesn't need to roll for anything and a 1st level character can't break a shitty door. The best way is to break apart standard skills (saves, most commonly rolled skills) and class specific skills (the ones your class gives access to to give a niche) so that you can only invest in the class specific skills while taking levels of that class.

Remove traits in favor of something like 5e backgrounds, remove scaling cohorts/animal companions/familiars that act on their own initiative, simplify and buff feats, remove crafting and metamagic feats (crafting magic items would be crafting skills and special items not just casting spells on an item), remove the big 6 from the bestiary assumptions, and remove BAB in favor of using one of the many better combat systems out there.

Also, printed books cost money but the core rule book psf is free and entirely (new) OGL maintaining Pathfinder's advantage of being a free system.

It should not be made by Paizo. At least, not by anyone currently working at Paizo.

5th edition is far more based off of 4e and ADND then it is off of 3.5.

Why not? You don't want more gender-transformed lesbians falling in love in your fantasy?

Neither do I

>Why not? You don't want more gender-transformed lesbians falling in love in your fantasy?
That module was so fucking bad.

I was doing that long before PF came out.

>What would Pathfinder Second Edition be like?
Shit.
>What SHOULD it be like?
Legend RPG.