/swg/ - Raider Edition

Post about X-Wing, Armada, FFG's Star Wars RPGs, d6, d20 (Saga), movies, shows, books, comics, vidya, lego, lore and everything else Star Wars related.

Previous Thread: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZkpXpbJ1

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=siwpn14IE7E
geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel Alliance&d=v4!s!141:120,1,126,-1,-1,-1,-1:-1:25:;141:120,1,126,-1,-1,-1,-1:-1:25:;142:120,-1,126,-1,40,138,-1:-1:16:&sn=Unnamed Squadron
geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum and Villainy&d=v4!s!107::17:-1:U.144;107::17:-1:U.144;138:-1,112:-1:-1:;138:-1,112:-1:-1:;138:-1,112:-1:-1:&sn=Feedback Vortex
geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel Alliance&d=v4!s!7:120,126,1,6:-1:25:;9:120,126,1,2:-1:25:&sn=Unnamed Squadron
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/KR-TB_"Doomtreader"
geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel Alliance&d=v4!s!41:9,-1,-1,-1,-1:-1:-1:;74:49,-1,-1,2:-1:-1:;82:140,-1,-1:-1:-1:&sn=Crit City
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars_(LINE_Webtoon)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Anyone have fun(c) niche lists for x-wing? Lists that have something unusual in them, lists that only work when flown right, lists has surprised. We all know those what everyone uses to win (HSF, tie swarm, palpaces etc.)

Way back in the day, I used to have very good results with a Rex + Vessery list, both with HLC, Engine Upgrade. Rex had Lone Wolf, Vessery had Vet Instincts. Always won the initiative bid, and when Vessery's antics got him killed (Usually taking the majority of the enemy list with him), I had Rex running with a reroll for every single dice roll he had to make.

Can't wait to see what I can do with the Defender when it gets its titles.

I get why FFG is enforcing/setting release dates now, but knowing my order with Savage Spirits is just sitting around for the next ~2 weeks sucks.

>there are people in this thread who don't think A-Wing is Best Wing

Behold the new England tournament winning list.

Should be noted : only 1 Rebel list in the top 16...
We really need a -3 point T-70 title...

You seem to have misspelled B-Wing there friendo. I mean, the hint's in the name.

B-wing a best wing

>implying that Best Fighter isn't Headhunter
A-wing is nice, your best gal, even, and I respect that, as I respect every man's choice of such, sure.
But best fighter is Z-95, every day of the week and twice on sundays and that's a clean fact

I think I may have to convert some swing wing Z-95s for X-Wing.

>A-Wings
>B-Wings

Dear god, it's like you want to spend half of your time catering to the inane demands of psychos.

Don't make the mistake of going for a hangar queen. You'll be too strung out of shape to fly.

My best girl is lean, fit and asks nothing of me other than to take her out and crush Rebels - and she's very, very good at it.

I gotta respect you guys though. Z-95 ain't as young as she used to be, but she's much more reliable and loyal than these new hangar queens.

>best raider

I missed the announcement, can we talk about Armada wave 4? The Interdictor looks amazing and is making me regret going Rebels.

God i still remember playing the old dos games, xwing and tie fighter both (though i think the z-95 was only in one). Even then i knew the headhunter was the best.

>Headhunters
The Rebellion-era variants are too goddamn cute.

>cute.
No
Damn it if you're going to die in some fiery, screaming nightmare of twisted metal it may as well be F14 levels of cool.
youtube.com/watch?v=siwpn14IE7E

I was playing around the other night, trying to find some unusual synergies, and I came up with this.

You're basically required to defer your first two turns as you Evade token-up the two X-Wing's, and it has an obvious weak spot way bigger than 2m across, but I think it's so odd that it might actually do well. People are used to playing the regular lists, when they're confronted with something like this some of them break down.

It'll either be glorious or an unmitigated disaster.

N'Dru Suhlak
* Cluster Missile
* Chips
* Lone Wolf
* Glitterstim

Cartel Marauder

Cartel Marauder

Trandoshan Slaver
* Zuckuss
* 4-Lom
* Dengar
(*Dampeners or 1p bid)

Watch those puny aces cry as they either take 4 red dice clusters to the face or token deny + rerolls on both defense and offence from the slaver.

Looks cool!
I'm pretty stoked to try this one!
hough I lack R5-P9, 1 Integrated Astromech, both Comm Relays and the Dorsal to play it in a tourney.

>N'Dru Suhlak
>* Cluster Missile
>* Chips
>* Lone Wolf
>* Glitterstim

Totally stealing that build. Will try it tonight at the store!

Try pairing him up with a support Manaroo.

For 25 points, its a BEAST. I have smoked both Poe and Soontir in a single barrage.

I kinda like that he the list isnt built around him, because he usually gets focused down real fast but it lets the rest of the list set up the rest of the game pretty good.
Lots of people are really willing to break their formation just to get at him before he gets to shoot.
I have never had him surviva more than 1 round after the first shooting

I've posted this list before to mixed response, it works well for me, especially against imperial ace lists.

Nice, nice, the only weakness I see is that it might have trouble handing big health low agil ships (which make up oh so much of the meta these days).

The Bespin Gambit should be at my LGS this Thursday, and FFG hasn't even finished previewing the stuff in this wave.

I'm also starting the Return to Hoth campaign as the Imperial player on Sunday. I'm waiting to see what the Imperial class option is that comes in Bespin. Of the existing Imperial classes, what ones are the most fun? I've already run a campaign with the Military Might class, which is pretty straightforward, and I've played in a campaign against Subversive Tactics, which is about as anti-fun as it gets.

geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel Alliance&d=v4!s!141:120,1,126,-1,-1,-1,-1:-1:25:;141:120,1,126,-1,-1,-1,-1:-1:25:;142:120,-1,126,-1,40,138,-1:-1:16:&sn=Unnamed Squadron

geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum and Villainy&d=v4!s!107::17:-1:U.144;107::17:-1:U.144;138:-1,112:-1:-1:;138:-1,112:-1:-1:;138:-1,112:-1:-1:&sn=Feedback Vortex

The only problem are the scyks, but it's hilarious when you get it to work.

In honor of the Raider, let's see some Raider builds and epic squads.

wish I had one, but as I keep trying to play Armada, My imperial lists generally use the raider as a place-holder to bulk-up my list to 400, with the ISD & VSD doing the heavy lifting.

Raider-Class Corvette: Raider-Class Corvette (Fore) (50)
Cluster Bombs (4)
Quad Laser Cannons (2 Energy) (6)
Raider-Class Corvette: Raider-Class Corvette (Aft) (50)
Automated Protocols (5)
Shield Technician (1)
Construction Droid (3)
· Instigator (4)
Engineering Team (4)
Gunnery Team (4)
Engine Booster (3)

146 points of rush

hi guys
i'm getting started on ffg's x-wing, and i finally have money to spend on the basic box (im still in college, mind you)
i have some doubts about the game itself though
i've lurking some of these threads, and i've noticed people talking about upgrade cards and such
they are randomly found inside each pack right?
is there no other way (besides craiglist-such ripoffs) of obtaining cards?
also, was is this PLT thing i keep reading about?
havent been able to guess it from the context
i don't really care too much about how OP one build or another is, i will just play it casually with my friends
however, if you want to give me advice to avoid some ship or another (at least until i get experience), please do

>
They're not random. Each pack has different cards, but which cards come in which pack is standardized. PTL is Push the Limit, an Elite Pilot Talent (EPT) that lets your ship take two actions in a turn in exchange for a stress token. It's one of the best upgrades in the game. Comes with the A-Wing and Imperial Aces.

Games with random card packs are the bane of tabletop gaming imo

>they are randomly found inside each pack right?
All packs have specific cards. You buy one T-70 X-Wing expansion, you get the same stuff if you buy a second one. So that means you can look online and know exactly what you'll get in a specific expansion, but also means you may be buying ships you might not want just for certain upgrades.
>is there no other way (besides craiglist-such ripoffs) of obtaining cards?
eBay sells specific cards. I'd only worry about buying specific cards after you get the hang of it and know what you're looking for. Casual play, with friends or people at a local shop who aren't jerks, won't care much if you proxy things in.
>also, was is this PLT thing i keep reading about?
Push the Limit. Basically an upgrade that lets you perform two actions in a turn and is generally one of the go-to cards.

Specific cards come with specific ships. Meaning either you buy a boatload of ships you dont want or look on ebay and buy piecemeal

oh great
i saw some anons complaining about having to buy expansion packs just for the cards and i thought they were random
but i guess that after finding out about PTL and how there's only two sets that include it, it makes sense

>eBay sells specific cards. I'd only worry about buying specific cards after you get the hang of it and know what you're looking for. Casual play, with friends or people at a local shop who aren't jerks, won't care much if you proxy things in.
that was most because i thought the cards in each pack were random and i didnt want to be stuck with some shit cards
i understand about waiting to get the hang of it

thank you kind anons

Piecing together a bit of a dungeon for my Force and Destiny game, hoping for some input.

So the jedi's PCs go to the supposed jedi temple ruins. Should there be a trick to getting the door open or just some big ominous doors?
Inside is a great hall, a ruined statue standing in the middle, molded tapistries on the walls. At the far end they see two figures clouded in blood red smoke. They can't make out features but one is pacing back and force impatiently while the other sits in see pose of meditation. When the pc's are noticed by the phantoms they manifest red glowing blades and attack. The impatient one rushing and the patient holding back. They don't have actual sabers but they hurt still. They both fight until the pc's notice and manage to destroy the sith holocron sitting in front of where the patient master was waiting. This will obviously indicate some sith intrusion here at some point.

Then they explore. What eccentricities should they find? More sith watchers? Force visions that are corrupted? Their personal goal is to find information about growing synth crystals which is hidden in the sealed museum-like basement. How do they find it? Also their R3 droid will be freaking out, trying to get somewhere in the temple. He's carrying some sort of jedi knowledge that he can decrypt here. What sort of information?

Do they find the museum before or after the semi-BBEG bounty hunter and her actual-BBEG Master attack? The master's motivation here is to restore some twisted sense of balance in the force, he doesn't really want to see the PC's dead but his apprentice does.

Disagree on PtL being one of the best upgrades in the game. It is certainly good, but it's only good for very specific ships. Preferably ones that bleed off stress easily, with a nice compliment of green maneuvers (or who have Kannan on board). It is NOT good on ships like the Y-Wings, T-65 X-Wings, Tie Defenders, Tie Advanced, Starvipers, or a host of other ships. There are certain pilots it is uncharacteristically good for, in certain ships. Or rather, it could be made to work well for certain pilots, like Keyan Farlander, Poe, Dash Rendar, or the Decimator (specifically Chirpy with Yssanne).

It's one OF the best EPT's in the game though. The others being VI and Predator. Maybe Crackshot now as well due to what it brings to swarm lists.

Essentially I don't think there's anybody with an EPT slot who wouldn't benefit from one of those upgrades.

Also, PtL WOULD be good on a Starviper if they had one with a naturally high PS. Something with a Boost, Barrel Roll, PTL and access to Advanced Sensors on a small base is frankly terrifying.
But instead we'll have to make do with Guri + Lone Wolf + AT + Sensor Jammer + Cloaking Device.

No, PtL isn't good at all on Starvipers. Even when you're the top PS.

The problem is it lacks the green maneuvers. A Starviper has the same greens as a T-70 X-Wing, but even less reason to be restricting itself to them (no astro slot for shield regen). That's 1 thru 3 straights, and 1-banks, for your greens. That's not scary at all with PtL, even with Focus, TL, Barrel Roll, and Boost. You will always get more mileage with things like VI on Xizor, Predator, Crackshot, Outmaneuver interestingly enough, or even Wired for the turns where you S-Loop or get caught by a stresshog. Wired in particular should get a special mention, because it frees up Guri's need to get rid of stress right away. Starvipers also excel in Atanni Mindlink squads...

Push the Limit is best on ships that have the green maneuvers to make use of it (Intrceptors, T-70s with generic R2, A-Wings, Tie Adv Prototypes), pilots that bleed stress easily (Keyan, 4-Lom), or ships that are banking on taking repetitive green maneuvers (big ship with Kanan, Dash/Falcon with Kyle, anything with R2-D2, Poe with R2-D2 or Bb-8 or R5-P9), or a gimmick setup on something like a Decimator with Ysanne, or an obscure Phantom Build planning in triggering it off of Stygium Particle Accelerator.

Anything else just doesn't have the maneuvering freedom, or the ability to get rid of the stress token. This is why you don't tend to see it on Brobots, because they lack the green hard turns.

It is good. But I don't think it's one of the best.

>Autoblaster stresshog

The absolute madman

Whoops - misread the droid. R4-D6 makes more sense.

Should be a trick, or at the very least some dicipline check to unlock or reveal the opening.

If it was an old Jedi temple, maybe they find desecrated remains of ancient tablets, or art depicting the light side and Jedi. They could see visions of the temple being attacked and have to try and save the force visions only to be rebuked as the seen plays out. As for the museum crystal thing, they could feel it in the force or stumble across it. What the droid is carrying is up to you, cant help you there. The bbegs should be placed where it would make the most sense for the story. Maybe the apprentice attacks them before they venture in with some goons, and if the party survives they face the master afterwards...make the master a badass, he is a Master after all.
Now I too have an Issue in my own game. My group will be assaulting an Inperial base and they fly through Stormies pretty easily. Should I up the difficulty by adding more to my 4 man squads? Like 6 or 8 to a minion group? They normally have a Squad leader rival nearby helping but usually that isnt enough to make the group stop long enough to have them olay a bit more warily or carefully.

>6 or 8 to a minion group?
Yes.
Also, a well-dug-in E-WEB can be stupidly dangerous if positioned right, as a few should be in important areas

Cool, should I use an eweb in the squad and have the troops around him assist, and act as guards? Or have him be a stand alonr rival?

Opening the door should be a temple of Hanoi.

>temple
Tower. Remember kids, sleep deprivation is like drinking, without any of the fun involved!

I don't think I recall seeing Autoblasters used that much, which is a shame as I think there is a niche for them.

Something like this perhaps? Or am I putting too much stock in Guidance Chips?

geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel Alliance&d=v4!s!7:120,126,1,6:-1:25:;9:120,126,1,2:-1:25:&sn=Unnamed Squadron

You've still got 40pts left for stuff, and if you really wanted to you could swap out the Protons for Plasma for a couple more points.

I did that once for my first game I ran, it was an old Sith Temple on Ziost that had lights on the separate towers and they had to work the puzzle to open the temple proper.

Once inside, they had to over come different fears, mostly surrounding their obligations and duties at the time, the droid character was immune so his checks were based on the amount of people acting strange and freaking out around him, or as he put it not operating i their normal parameters. It worked out really well, and by the end if they did well against their fears they got points reduced from their obligations due to them not worrying as much, but those who succumbed to it gained a point or two. It was a lot of fun to run.

A minion squad representing the gun crew, a rival as the gunner, then a minion squad for additional troopers

My crew is about to finish lure of the lost. They're going to be wanting to get off planet asap, they keep asking about getting a starship. They all came to the planet on public shuttle services so nobody started with one. They snubbed Heavy Gan Movers, and worked with the Rebellion in act 2, but they're less inclinced to help them as they don't want to get caught up in the growing Civil War.

A few have made mention about trying their hand as bounty hunters and I think that could be a cool idea, they just need to get somewhere that they can do that without the Empire breathing down their necks.

I was thinking of having them work with the Rebellion anyways and bringing in Hedar Brant as an antagonistic force.

So the short of it is, how should I go about setting an adventure up for them to get a ship.

Behold! The mighty BugZapper list!

Captain Oicunn + intimidate +mara jade + saboteur + Rebel Captive +dauntless + ion projector

Rexler Brath + Tractor beam + VI + tie/D + engine upgrade

Some of the remaining material for The Bespin Gambit and related expansions was spoiled on Facebook today. I'd post a link, but Veeky Forums thinks it 's spam. It's on a Facebook page called The Holocron.

The big surprise for me was the elite ISB Infiltrators getting Deadly. We'd seen that mechanic previewed with the Grand Inquisitor announcement, but a generic figure getting it is really powerful.

With the first sith vision, make sure to provide enough hints towards the holocron. Otherwise they'll likely hack and slash at the ghosts until they all die. Assuming the ghosts can't be killed without destroying the holocron. Basically prepare other metrics for completion, even if it's like 40 wounds per ghost, because sometimes players get a little blinded by killing the bad guy in front of them.

Door should require some kind of force use, possibly combined. Like they all have to roll until they get all white. If a black those who had white take a strain to keep holding the door and those who had black reroll. If at least 2 dark happen they all fail and must try again.

>how should I go about setting an adventure up for them to get a ship

If the PCs are hunting bounties, maybe start them off with an on-world target who just happens to own a personal starship. The party's Johnson was kind enough to include a clause in the contract that entitled them to any of the target's possessions, including said starship.

Wow thats a good simple idea! Thank you!

>So the short of it is, how should I go about setting an adventure up for them to get a ship.
Well, you could have the party discover an old, busted-up ship somewhere, and then they have to run around trying to dig up certain hard to find bits to get it flying again

Stealing 20+ lightsaber crystals in a caper: Great heist or greatest heist in EOTE?

Where the fuck are you going to find a place to pawn that? That just reminds me of the mission in GTA 5 where you pull off a heist of a secret government weapon, only for your ally to tell you the three of you are idiots who won't be able to fence the thing without living the rest of your lives on the lam.

Have any thoughts on a relic of a ship thats good for a crew of 7 to 8?

Pawn them? We're going to build lightsabers after I bone the fuck out of an NPC on them.

I don't have any on hand at this second, but in an hour and change once I'm back at my computer after work I could do up something unique for y'all

This is why you don't do glitterstim, kids.

That would be sweet Ship! Thank you very much!

No problem buddy.
Just a couple questions to help the design process (and fluff writing)
>are any of your players interested in fighter piloting?
>would an oversized but inefficient design be good, or would a cramped but more modern one work better?
>how well-armed should it be? You could always give it out with a fairly heavy armament that's mostly inoperable
>should I include some annoying quirks or do you already have a few in mind?

Not ship but here's one

>inb4 screencqp on mobile
Yeah yeah it's late and I'm on a tablet.

Just SAY its a relic.

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/KR-TB_"Doomtreader"

Nobody is interested in fighter piloting at this time, but were only 4 sessions in.

They do like to have their space, so that oversized, inefficient starship is good.

They would spend endless amounts of time on the ship trying to make it the most badass thing ever and then try to exploit folks for it. So yeah weapons that are non functioning are good. I can make a quest out of it.

Any annoying quirks would be great!

A few ideas would be an older era starship, my main storyline is to take them to Ossus, Ilum, Tython, kinda reverse follow the steps of the jedi. So an Old republic ship would be cool. I can say its hidden in a rundown hard to get to part of the temple they're at. Unless you have your own ideas for it.

A stripped down Dreadnought wired for a skeleton crew and vague hints and rumors about there being more where that came from.

Cue wild goose chase

>Nobody is interested in fighter piloting at this time, but were only 4 sessions in.
OK. I'll give it a few fighter bays, but the players can just use them for storage for now
>A few ideas would be an older era starship, my main storyline is to take them to Ossus, Ilum, Tython, kinda reverse follow the steps of the jedi. So an Old republic ship would be cool.
Yeah, I was already thinking old. Like ToJ or earlier old
>I can say its hidden in a rundown hard to get to part of the temple they're at. Unless you have your own ideas for it.
I was kinda thinking of it was parked somewhere obscure by smugglers, who then promptly accidentally drove their ground vehicle off a cliff, and it got forgotten for a couple of centuries till the PCs stumble across it

I like that. Ancient starship, been here forever just collecting dust and rodents. Just needs a few things to get it working again.

Been thinking about grabbing X-Wing for a couple weeks just to play at home with the girlfriend. What's the best way to go about getting into the game...grab the starter set and an expansion or two? OT starter or TFA starter?

Looking to get in for as cheap as possible in case she loses interest quick haha

geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel Alliance&d=v4!s!41:9,-1,-1,-1,-1:-1:-1:;74:49,-1,-1,2:-1:-1:;82:140,-1,-1:-1:-1:&sn=Crit City

Browing the Wook and found this:
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars_(LINE_Webtoon)

"Due to cultural interpretation, some of the dialogue and order of events have minor changes from the film placing the comic's canonicity in a "grey area.""

Two years and there's already "sorta-canon"

Depends on which movie you like more. The TFA ships are better at moving around, but the OT set has some nice stuff too. If you're going to be playing Rebels or Imps, a fairly common thing is to get one of each to double up on dice and give you a nice stack of TIEs to use

Get a starter set (either one works, if the GF liked the new movie grab that) Then get a couple of expansions for each side- just pick ships you think are cool. You don't even need the expansions to learn to play- the starter comes with all the rules and templates and whatnot, and if the girlfriend doesn't enjoy that then you won't have to buy more.

Anyone have the "Remove Lasat" pic?

I need it for reasons.

Mainly because they could either tell the Koreans "No, you must stick to OUR values and our values only!" or they could say "Do whatever you want, just realize that it's not canon."

Which is exactly what the "gray area" comment means, of course. Where the comic aligns with the movies, it's canon. Where it diverges, it isn't.

You'll note that this is far, far better than having literally differentiating levels of canonization for each type of media, basically predetermining how important something was to the universe as a whole solely by what media type it appeared in instead of its overall quality level.

Thanks fellas, I appreciate it.

Also, two ships whose models really stand out to me are Slave-1 and the Imperial Shuttle...would either of those be compatible with the starter sets or is Slave-1 scum and villainy only?

Also yellow Naboo Starfighter and Queen Amidala's shiny silver shuttle...when will we get those models???

The Slave 1 and imp Shuttle are both imperial-only straight out of the box. The Slave 1 gets scum and villainy pilots and stuff in the Scum and Villainy set (the one with 2 z-95s and 1 y-wing).

As for the Naboo stuff? likely never. FFG has said that they really don't want to do prequel/clone wars era stuff. People have created fan versions of it, but with all the new stuff becoming available with Rebels and the Movies, they don't have to go for the other stuff.

Prequel ships are a most likely not in the forseeable future. Earliest models we have in the timeline are Z-95s, the ships from Rebels, and Y-Wings.

Slave-1 is for both Scum and Villainy, and Empire. Although the dial and pilot cards for scum and villainy are only found in the Most Wanted pack. As far as Imperials go, Slave-1 is alright... But Scum Villainy Kath Scarlet and Boba Fett are definitely better than their Imperial counterparts. The shuttle is pure support and cheap, with no evade or dodge. But it comes with great cards and is highly useful. Between the two, I'd go Shuttle first. Although Slave-1 is fun and iconic.

I suppose, though it'll be interesting to see if they can keep it reigned in as opposed to the old sliding scale.

It'll also be interesting to see what happens when they lay a real egg and the other writers have to work around/make sense of/sweep under the rug/retcon the mess.

>You'll note that this is far, far better than having literally differentiating levels of canonization for each type of media, basically predetermining how important something was to the universe as a whole solely by what media type it appeared in instead of its overall quality level.
That will always exist, just not as explicitly spelled out as before. The reality is that the movies are vastly higher profile than any other Star Wars media. If a future movie contradicts something from a canon novel/comic/game, it will be the movie that's treated as correct going forward.

Those ToJ ships were pretty cool, I need to go back and read those comics again.

Are rebels really that overcosted? I play mainly rebels and i didn't really noticed that big of an issue. The only things i want is another PS9 small ship (and that is going to arrive with HoR) and a real fix for T-65s like something that gives them boost or barrell roll since their lack of repositioning tools is their greatest demise.

What are the least used ships in X-Wing? B-Wing? Or is it more like least used pilots?

Scyk

God those take me back to my Galaxies days. Kimogulas, dune lizards. I loved neutral piloting.

In order from completely ignored to less used but still played every now and then:

1 Shitc
2 Not-Corran E-Wings
3 X-wing
4 Slave I
5 Non-unique Phantoms
6 Not-Vader Advanceds
7 Non-unique Interceptors

B-Wings are still pretty damn good in terms of point efficency, pretty much all Rebel ships have something going for them (Even the original X-wing has some amazing pilots going for it, and the E-Wing has Motherfucking Corran Horn)

>Are rebels really that overcosted
The common complaint I hear is that the T-65 and T-70 generics are too expensive. The aces are a mixed bag. Luke, Wedge, Poe, Wes, and Biggs are generally considered to be pretty decent for their cost, though.

>tfw Hobbie is a mere PS5 with no EPT despite the art clearly showing him in his Adumar years

or accept that T-65 should be strictly inferior to T-70.. as it is in the lore.

fuck, sorry it's late. hope you get it in the morning
Zjednoczenie-Class Transport

Silhouette: 5
Speed: 2
Handling: -2
Def: 0/0/0/0
Armor: 5
HT threshold: 45
SS threshold: 21

Hull Type/Class: Assault Transport/ Zjednoczenie
Manufacturer: Gd'nsk Shipyards
Hyperdrive: Primary: Class 15 Backup: Class 40
Navicomputer:Yes
Sensor Range: Long
Ship's compliment: One Commander, One Pilot, Two Engineers, One Sensor Operator, Four Gunners
Encumbrance Capacity: 1574.5 tons
Passenger Capacity: Ten Passengers
Vehicle Capacity: Two Starfighters or Light Shuttles
Consumables: One Year
Cost/Rarity: 1,000,000 Credits [Origional Purchase Price], 45,000 [Estimated resale value]/10
Customization Hardpoints: 6
Weapons:
Three Foreward Mounted Medium Particle Cannon
[Fire Arc Foreward or Foreward and Starboard or Foreward and Port, Range [Short]; Damage 7; Critical 4; Breach 1; Slow-Firing 1]
Two Foreward Mounted Heavy Laser Cannon
(Fire Arc Foreward and Starboard or Foreward and Port; Range [Short]; Damage 6 ; Critical 3 ; Linked 1; Slow-Firing 1).
Two Side Mounted Heavy Laser Cannon
(Fire Arc Aft and Starboard or Aft and Port; Range [Short]; Damage 6 ; Critical 3; Slow-Firing 1)
One Foreward, Four Side and One Aft twin light blaster cannon
(Fire Arc Foreward or Foreward and Starboard or Foreward and Port or Aft and Starboard or Aft and Port;Damage 4; Critical 4; Range [Close]; Linked 2]

First built approximately four and a half thousand years ago by a collection of outer rim warlords and mercenaries, the Zjednoczenie was considered outdated by wider galactic standards from the first day it was built; the original model lacked a hyperdrive and artificial gravity, (which is why the ship's decks are oriented in the direction of thrust) and was designed to transport heavy armor from capital ships to planetary battlefields, and to this end, the Zjednoczenie was fitted with a large arsenal of low-tech missile, projectile cannon and primitive laser weapons. tens of thousands were produced over the course of two centuries of warfare between the feuding factions before their absorption into the Old Republic. By the time of the Great Sith War, this class was long out of service in it's origional role, though the base hull's inherit reliability and the extremely low price of these ships on the surplus market led to most of the surviving vessels being fitted with cheap hyperdrives (and typically upgraded weaponry) for use as light bulk transports, where they persisted for centuries more, being relegated to service in more and more backwater regions as the years went by. This particular example was in use by smugglers, when, approximately five hundred years ago, it's crew landed it in a remote region before disappearing, having left no crew aboard the ship.

Customizations:

Engines:
Woefully inefficient by modern standards, this ship's engines could produce astonishingly high amounts of thrust if a few components were replaced with more modern counterparts. unfortunately this speed would come at the price of severely degrading the ship's already poor handling
Cost: 5.000 Credits
Difficulty: Two Red
Base Modifiers:Increases speed to 4, but reduces handling to -3
Modification Options: None

Hyperdrive:
The ancient aftermarket drive that the ship comes with will be basically impossible to upgrade, should the players try. Replacing the Hyperdrive with a modern model would be much easier, though more expensive [GM, you decide price]
QUIRKS:
Christ Almighty, There's A Rattle In The Wheelwell:
Every time the ship is brought up to full thrust, the entire hull will experience minor shuddering and occasional loud thumps. aside from potentially causing unsecured objects to fall, and spilling beverages, no actual damage will occur [this is the result of a past jerry-rig which involved welding parts of the engine casing directly to the ship's main structural components]
Where Does All This Shit Come From, Anyways?
Over several thousand years of occupation, untold amounts of completely random crap has been stashed by thousands of previous inhabitants in the most baffling of places all over the ship. generally, every time the players attempt to remove or add anything to the ship, or even conduct simple repairs, they should find three or four completely random mundane items. pornographic datachips for datapads out of production for a thousand years, fossilized snack food or ancient liquor would probably be the most common things [for fun, a bottle of ancient whiskey or some other random piece of junk could turn out to be of actual interest to a collector. don't use this too often unless you want every session to devolve into a episode of Space Antiques Roadshow whenever they find a bit of random junk aboard]
The Fuck Kinda System Name Is Bone Norman?
The ship's star charts are hideously out of date, for obvious reasons, and will often include systems under older, alternate names, and will include literally thousands of systems that aren't inhabited any more, as well as not including large numbers of more newly discovered systems. the problems with wrong names and ghost systems will persist, even after the players install new software

Finally, as appearance goes, it's a spherical ship, about 70 meters, with single large drive nozzle and four retractable landing legs on one end. the bridge and pilot's space is on the top deck, with the second containing the quarters and mess ect.
the third deck has both fighter bays and a small machine shop (which the players WILL need to turn out new parts for this goddamn thing). below that, the main cargo space is basically one big open area, around the central column that holds the engine bits and hyperdrive and elevator and everything.
engineering spaces are below the cargo area, at the very bottom of the ship

also, the weapons listed are the full set. obviously you're going to want to decide how many still work to fit your campaign

Then shave off 2-3 points from them and we're set

You'd love to see how that kind of crap plays into a daily life in Korea. I'm just happy some Koreans understand what Star Wars is.... others ask me who the monkey on my Star Wars shirt is It's Chewie

Oh, retcons are gonna happen, no doubt. From soaps to newspaper comics, there's not a single long-running franchise out there that doesn't eventually get to a point where they need to sweep a turd away. I imagine the Story Group will just declare it noncanon. I wonder if they'll add it to the Legends label, or just basically excommunicate it from Star Wars. Hopefully the latter.

It will only exist on a practical level, not a predetermined one. Really really good shit from the other media can emigrate into the movies, which was basically impossible under the old levels of canon.

> If a future movie contradicts something from a canon novel/comic/game, it will be the movie that's treated as correct going forward.

While that's probably true (because it's just common sense), it's worth noting that the entire point of the Lucasfilm Story Group is precisely to keep that from happening. Unlike the days where they let novel and comic writers do whatever the fuck because "lol not canon anyways."

>Zjednoczenie

I get this reference!

>Oh, retcons are gonna happen, no doubt. From soaps to newspaper comics, there's not a single long-running franchise out there that doesn't eventually get to a point where they need to sweep a turd away

Aftermath.