Eternal Masters Spoilers

Everything that isn't 75 cents is EDH fodder edition

Gamble's a nice reprint, though if you're trying to build Lands you've got bigger problems than a playset of Gambles. A lot of cool commander 1-ofs that should be in fucking precons, but I'll admit I'm a little turned on at the thought of a foil Worldly Tutor

Hooray for better Daze art

Other urls found in this thread:

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/card-preview/developing-eternal-masters-2016-05-24
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Old thread here, I'm a faggot and can't OP for shit

>he fell for the Eternal meme

>Someone out there
>An actual mtg fan
>Used up his money
>His non-disposable money
>To go up to the internet
>and preorder Eternal Masters
>But not 1 booster box
>Not even 2 booster boxes
>A whole set of 6 booster boxes
>Which is called a Booster Case
>Of Eternal Drafters
>At $1350
>Without shipping
>or taxes

lul

I'm glad I only registered for a sealed event. I might enter a draft or two if Wizards actually manages to create a good limited environment by I doubt it.

>preordering products blindly
Why would someone do that? Preorders only make sense when there is a limited supply and you desperately want what it has. But with EM, until yesterday the tards preordering didn't even know what they were buying except that an uncommon staple was now mythic, which was a pretty bad sign. I'm not sure if Wizards even gave my LGS concrete numbers on supply until the past week or so (don't normally follow the process).

The thrill of gambling.

It's not stupid as long as you can cancel. Knowing Wizards they'll make sure the set has just enough value to stop people from cancelling their pre-orders.

I'm not a legacy player, but is this another card that will make the preorder guys wanna kill themselves?

>Mods deleting MTG threads left and right

put MTG in the thread title, it's common courtesy

Didn't this get printed in Origins

no that was mine, I deleted my own as this was up first

seeing as this OP is shit though Ill post the new cards

glad to see this art on Balance again but damn that divining top art is shitty and overdesigned

That art is just very... bleh.

It was yeah, i guess we're getting more elves this set.
Joy

but user, the old top was so simple and kind of cute even, this one is GOLD and SHINY and MAGICAL and NOT FUNCTIONAL

yup

>"Sure Sensei, I'll believe thats your "Top"."
>"How often do you Divine on it?"

You know i tried one of these once and wasn't impressed. Sure it's got a flavor but if I'm gonna be pumping shit into my lungs I'd rather just get high.

>So how do you like your mythics senpai?

I want to say muh sealed

but I also REALLY want to cast a balance in sealed

I can't read simplified Chinese, is that Vampiric Tutor?

Yes

Mishra's Factory

These digital arts suck major ass tbqh familia

11 Mythics spoiled so far, not half bad either.

Decent uncommon, these are where it's at.

Man, my pre-order is looking better and better

THE GREAT DRAFTING ENVIRONMENT.

Remember to pay 50$ for a draft goy.

I actually prefer this new art

If only this would have been a Rare.

The butthurt would have been so massive, the preorders dropping in the entire world would slowdown the earths rotating by 0.2 seconds a day.

>there's already been about 5 new ema spoiler threads made today
>none of these idiots know how to search a catalog

Why don't mods just sticky one thread during spoiler season?

Maybe if someone chose a decent OP.

A group of six booster boxes will now be referred to as a "folly" of booster boxes.

That criticism is fine and well but we can't just keep making new threads or mods are gonna nuke us out of sheer annoyance

I made one of those and I searched the catalog first but the op image is terrible and there's no EMA in the subject to search for.

>Daze to uncommon for ₪₪₪₪₪₪
>Fow mythic for ₪₪₪₪
>Top to rare for ₪₪₪₪ and modern nu-males tears

Oy vey! De goyim must die!

this is why you put MTG in the thread title and use a relevant image instead of some meme shit

Hooray for Top !

This sorta suck. I wanted Dack back for Conspiracy 2.

To be fair, this shit thread has a non EMA related OP and typing in MTG doesn't find this thread like it does the other magic stuff on Veeky Forums.

Basically: Shitty OPs lead to threads getting spammed and made over and over again, git gud.

>git gud
But im not the OP

To be honest Top is ridiculously powerful to be an uncommon for drafting purposes.

Also muh 2nd hand market. Its enough that collectors are bitching about these reprints but imagine the day when the reserve list is removed.

git gud was a general message to anyone making these threads and making them with meme images like the OP and not making them easier to find in the catalog.

You call people idiots for not using the catalog, when this thread is pretty easy to miss in the catalog.

I've never actually heard of any collector's complaining about reprints. Is some sort of non-existent threat Wizards is worried about.

>Top is ridiculously powerful to be an uncommon

Not in the slightest. Without ways to shuffle, top is an expensive and shitty filtering. Even in Champions, an extremely low-powered set, it wasn't even good.

>that fucking art

IMO most people who actually own expensive cards play with them and have no intentions of selling or trading them, so cards losing value doesn't matter much. I'm sure it does affect them a bit but they're probably the minority.

The only people who bitch are people who don't actually play with the cards IE speccers or "collectors" and they can suck a dick since they're the ones that caused this stupid inflation in the first place.

more like CG Masters

did they commission any actual art for this set?

Damn. Dack got reprinted. Should've sold the fucker when I got the chance.

Oh well. I guess since he isn't money any more, I can stick him into Jori En EDH.

>CG is always bad

somebody stop this meme

EM won't make cards cheaper, if anything they'll become more expensive

The only acceptable new art spoiled so far are for chrome mox and enlightened tutor

That'll be good for dealing with oppressive Commanders.

>Banned in EDH
YOU HAD ONE JOB, WIZARDS

Art is subjective, I like most of the new arts. I still think the originals are mostly better but I don't think the new ones are BAD (sensei's top aside)

>WotC isn't trying to jew every last cent out of Magic players

can we pls stop this meme

BBE, Charbelcher, Gamble, Diminishing Returns, Control Magic and Entomb all look great

I'd never claim the opposite

Entomb, Daze and Vampiric are nice

Please see

>BBE
>Charbelcher
>Good
The others are inoffensive at least

Oh that's horseshit
at least it will be good against my friend who loves running his kitchen table legend deck, put prophet of kruphix out there so I can just keep bouncing all of his shit back to his hand until he scoops.

i want people to buy legacy cards and play legacy

So all the other new Mox arts by Volkan Baga are tied to a different plane. Mox Jet is Zendikar, Mox Pearl is Ravnica, etc. Which plane do you think Chrome Mox should be from other than MIrrodin since Mox Opal is already from Mirrodin?

Has there EVER been a Limited environment that was bad because there were really good cards in it? All I ever hear is "This set was low powered and fucking boring" and "This set was over the top and amazing to draft"

From what I've heard, Jitte was busted as fuck.

Mox Sapphire is Zendikar, and frankly it's the only one that has any sort of distinct background

I'll give you Jitte, but that was also part of an extremely lackluster set and block.

Their just printing all the shit that Chinaman was counterfeiting last summer.

>their

well fuck me

I called it first

Nope, they were released once a year as a reward for some tournament. Each one was tied to the block for that year. They wwas an article about them on wizards but it 404s (great job wizards)
Mox Pearl (2006) - Ravnica
Mox Jet (2007) - Dominaria
Mox Ruby (2008) - Lorwyn
Mox Emerald (2009) - Naya/Alara
Mox Sapphire (2010) - Zendikar

Mox Opal is Mirrodin obviously.
Mox Diamond I can't remember.

Archetypes for limited:
Red-green aggro, blue-black reanimator, blue-green threshold, green-white enchantments, black-green elves

Elves is the only tribal theme in the set.

Given that, what reprints are more or less likely?

calling goblin lackey by friday

I'm betting on Glimpse given the trend of Modern banned cards.

I also wouldn't be surprised by Heritage Druid (same rarity as original, at uncommon), as it only has one printing, is fairly strong in limited and the lynchpin of a constructed archetype, and is pretty expensive at $10 per.

>Mox Diamond I can't remember.
Rath

Goblin/elves tribal would be the shit.

Here's hoping user

>The design handoff had lots of tribal strategies, but in the end, only Elves survived. The competitive success of Elves in Eternal formats helped inform our decision to keep them, as well.
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/card-preview/developing-eternal-masters-2016-05-24
No goblin archetype. But Imperial Recruiter would be sweet.
My biggest hope is fucking Cavern of Souls.

I heard some bad things about Triplicate Spirits in M15 I think.

So no Goblin Guide reprint confirmed?

That one they'll probably save for the next Modern Masters. (And yes, the same could indeed be said about Cavern of Souls)
Anyone post this yet? I was hoping for Necromancy but that'll do too I guess.

>edh supplement set
>no doubling season yet.

I find it interesting that no green mythic has been spoiled yet. What do you think it might be? Or have all the mythic slots been spoiled already?

For a card that only sees play in vintage? I doubt it.

Just because they says it is what it is doesn't change the fact that of the original 5, only Mox Sapphire has any kind of distinct background that you can tell where it's supposed to be associated with

>More Caverns
why

Cause it's expensive and I want some.

HOLY SHIT IT'S AN UNCOMMON

>Karakas is 240
>Maze of Ith is 241
>Marsh Flats should be in between the two

Does this mean that Zendikar Fetches won't get a reprint?

Most likely.
If they want to sell a set, the ZEN fetches will be enough for it. No need to jam Forces and Mana Crypts in it as well.

Eh. GG sees play in Sligh?/Burn, so if they have an aggressive red burn archetype, he might see a reprint even without tribal support.

Zendikar Fetches will never be reprinted

scratch that, i didn't actually read the conversation.

desu it looks like Theros

Also Giant Tortoise at common so hooray for to all Arabian Nights fans.

They'll be reprinted, the next time wizards is de-powering standard. After all, you need a reason to buy packs of trash.

Ruby has a Flamekin hands, which is Lorwyn.

>This with Worldgorger in-set
Seems like a bad idea, unless there's a common/uncommon way to go-off with them.
Also this being an uncommon with reanimator being one of the supported archetypes really makes me optimistic about the power level.

Anyway, the archetypes we know are: UB reanimator, UG Treshold, BG Elves, GW Enchantress and RG beatdown (the last two based on the development article, might have been just examples tho). Any ideas what else we get?

>No snapcaster reprint
Fug you Wizards