Warmahordes General

Rhyas Is Still Shit (Mohsar as well) Edition

DECK PDFS

dropbox.com/s/bvsntp25lz1jmh2/stuff.zip?dl=0

SOME FAGGOT POSTED IT ON REDDIT AND NOW ITS DOWN DUE TO HIGH TRAFFIC, MIRROR IF YOU FEEL LIKE IT

CYGNAR IS STILL MISSING

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader com / 5wm4h
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime
List building at
forwardkommander.com
schlaf.github.io/whac_online/whac.html
Latest Errata
privateerpress.com/files/WM MKII Rules Errata Jan 2016.pdf
Steamroller Rules
privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments
The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums
Table of contents for all NQ issues
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues
Abridged Lore
gargantuans abridged:pastebin.com/XPKMKYUc
Exigence abridged: pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv
devastation abridged: pastebin.com/KxkzfnXj
Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
What factions do you play, not just own but actually play?
strawpoll.me/10138678

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Warmachine/comments/4kqqr0/massive_mk3_faction_deck_spoiler_dump_read_at
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What does ryhas' feat even do? I know these aren't final cards but I could barely understand the wording on it...

blood witches lost incorporeal

I feel like there is a lot to complain about for legion yes. But look on the bright side, both the abbys look a lot better, blight wasps got buffed, eLilith and evayl are still decent castors, lily3 has potential to be good, and kallus and bethane got outright better.

Everything gets an extra melee attack.

The first time something you have damages something with a melee attack you can place it anywhere B2B with the model it damaged.

your dudes can hurt an enemy and then be placed anywhere b2b with that enemy - in the backarc of course.

>everyone ready?
>feat
>charge, first initial etc
>placed in back arc
>slip it in from the rear

maybe more than once. could be double penetration in the backdoor. feat gives an additional attack.

But they don't get the back strike bonus on the second attack? So what's the point of it, just a janky engage mechanic?

Ok, lets look at tournament statistics from the start of 2015 onwards.

Cryx took 1st in 16 of 62 events. Runner up is Circle with 9 wins, Cygnar at 8, Legion and CoC at 5, and everyone else in the dustbin below that.

But I'm sure that's just because Cryx players are cooler, sexier, and more skilled than everyone else, and has nothing to do with the faction.

They do in MK3.

That reason is part of the reason Rhyas wasn't played much in MK2. But you could use it to leapfrog their frontline to hit something in back.

and when you compare the number of players you find that it's actually below average for the turnout slightly

Again, take your bullshit statistics elsewhere

But that actually seems like a good ability? So why is everyone saying she is still shit teir?

casters are not just their feat.

and salt.

5 Fury

>everyone else in Cryx is salty over the death of infantrymachine
>I'm just loving that our warjacks are now even better and might be seen on the table

"Why would you ever own three Slayers?" they said.

This is why faggots. I knew in my glowing Cryx bones that this day would come.

holy shit did Withershadow Combine get shit on

Why the fuck would you take them now?

It's designed pretty much specifically for swordsmen with the UA.

Charge, initial, place in B2B, Overtake, feat attack, Overtake, Cleave

what is better about the jacks? Most were nerfed as well

Abby1 feat looks absolutely retarded, and with affinity for forsaken I'm already trying to make a list.

It's the same as her old feat, except she doesn't have to take damage to heal them.

>what is better about the jacks? Most were nerfed as well
You are talking about jacks, not beasts, right?

DAILY REMINDER THAT AVERAGE SKILL LEVEL OF REDDITARDS IS GARBAGE

reddit.com/r/Warmachine/comments/4kqqr0/massive_mk3_faction_deck_spoiler_dump_read_at

Every single warjack in the game gets a free focus now.

Do you know how easy that makes it to just dogpile shit with our much cheaper 'jacks?

yes, Cryx jacks were mostly nerfed

>Run an angel/bb. With heavies
>turn 2
>Opponent comes 5 boxes close to killing collosal.
>All other heavies have taken damage.
>Pop feat.
>Heal 60+ boxes fo freeeeeeeeeeee.

I wanna play her just for that euphoric yet cancerous moment.

Cryx didn't have a problem with giving focus out on our jack casters

again, cryx jacks mostly have been nerfed, point out how they are "better"

I like that warjacks will play a much bigger role in Cryx. I also like that infantryspam isn't the most viable option anymore.

However, I don't like how they've nerfed everything else along with the infantry, so that infantryspam still feels like our main option but just less good.

Nigga every single one of our warcasters can be a 'jack caster now.

And they'll all be beaten by everything else. YAY

and being forced to take 30 points of shitty jacks is good?

You are avoiding telling me how our jacks are "better" than before

tell me how Terminus is a jack caster

forced?

cause you will actually use them now

Psevy just fucking has EoM now, no upkeep no casting. Lmfao.

warjack points now stop stalling or admit you are wrong

Spend those points on a charter jack.

A character jack?

Those all received nerfs

You are incorrect in saying Cryx jacks got better

The entire army was nerfed

Is was coc/merc deck in the pastebin?

Can some one explain how PP expects me to shove my 10 units of doom reavers into a 75pt list? 75 is the new 50 right?

At max i can have 5 units on the table at 75.

You don't seem to understand how tournaments work, but that's ok, I forgive you. Singles tournaments aren't faction team events, there being more Cryx players just means there's a higher likelihood of Cryx mirror matches eliminating Cryx players, and makes it easier for non-Cryx to safely bring specific tech to beat the disproportionately represented Cryx (which, if Cryx were balanced, would bone them completely).

If you look at tournaments that reported 2nd/3rd/4th place Cryx suddenly normalizes down to about 15%. Which is still more than anyone else but down from their 1st place dominance. This is because top-level players are much more evenly distributed between the factions than the general field (who bandwagon on Cryx), but the top-level Cryx players still float to 1st almost as often as the next two runners-up combined, despite actually being under-represented at the top tables relative to the massive number of Cryx players in the general tournament population.

I am not based user saying they got better.
Your Jacks got nerfed? Yes.
Are they more inline with the abilitis of other factions? Yes.

so what you are saying is what i was saying which is that cryx wins an appropriate amount for the number of players, thank you

I like how you contradict yourself

Please enlighten me how they are more inline? I don't see it.

Speed 7 heavy Def 13 arm 17 has reach can threat 12 inches without moment buffs. Your Jacks are going to alpha, always.

>Cryx jacks were mostly nerfed
What? Are we seeing the same cards?

no, not against beasts and not when they are shot dead and not "always" if the opponent isn't stupid

yes, go compare them, they were mostly nerfed that is correct

Which ones? I mean non-character.

I'm looking at the Slayer, Reaper or Seether for example. Those are fucking baller and very competitively costed. If you don't want them I'd gladly take them.

They either did not change or were nerfed. Go look at them all and compare them to mark 2

I didn't contradict myself at all, you're just bad at thinking. The general population of a tournament and the players at the top tables are two entirely different things.

Cryx has a massively disproportionate number of 1st place finishes relative to their representation at top tables. If you can't process what that means, then I apologize for picking on the mentally handicapped.

This is applicable to all Jacks.

Your jacks have solid baselines.

no they don't, I've look at their numbers. We've had this conversation.

you can't just decide what "top table players" are and pick a number that supports your views at cryx being over powered.

The numbers say cryx loses more than it should for the number of players, you lose this argument good day

no, YOUR jacks have solid baselines.

Cryx are cheap and underpreform

So because you made up your own logic without proof that others can't follow they must be retarded right?

Best Menoth Jack
Speed 5 mat 6 rat 4 Def 10 Arm 19 32 boxes. Ps:17 reach ps:14 shot range (17 effective; 12 base) 16 points.

Tell me the stats of your closest pc jack, (15,16,17)

>no they don't, I've look at their numbers.
Oh really, do you have a more comprehensive source than the tournaments reported on Discountgames? I'd love to see it.

>you can't just decide what "top table players" are
1st/2nd/3rd/4th as reported on Discountgames. If we can't use the public record of finalists across dozens of tournaments as a metric for which players and factions are placing highly, then what can we use?

Warwitch Siren loses a point of Def, loses a point of Magic Ability and shadowbind can be shaken

Like I said. if you don't want those 10p heavies with 3 initials at mat7 and SPD6, I'll gladly take them.

and power 16 and 12. and at a statline that gets them dead before they earn even that 10 points back

You can absolutely follow it, look at Discountgamesinc and their listing of top-placing tournament players.

It's not my fault you're too lazy to do research and are arguing based on your feelings rather than facts.

The problem is most Legion heavies aren't exactly resilient. Most of the time they'll get one-rounded.

"top placing"

Listen, you have nothing but a biased viewpoint that totally "proves" all the top players are out to get you

By all means, refute me. I've made my point.

Cryx players do not represent 25+% of the players in the top 3/4, they're floating around 15%. And yet they take 1st place 25+% of the time.

How are these stats or the other factions?

that is not a measurement

>of the players that place 1-4th place cryx are 15% of the players and 25% of the time take 1st!

no! that's not how statistics work, you look at the total number of players and see how they do overall, not just you can just scrape off a random top percentage to try and force your bias

that is how statistics works actually.

you take the numbers you want and spin them through the math machine of your choice and
>voila
you've proved your point.

and if the statistic user is looking for happens to be "of the cryx players who place in the top x , how many get first place?"
>then guess what niqqa
sounds like he statisticed that shit right up.

It is a bullshit grouping that presents false information to the users

"does Cryx take more tournaments than they should per number of players?"

"no, but if we use this only this certain set of data and ignore the rest of the data it makes it look like they do"

yeah. statistics.

the argument shouldn't be about this shit.

it should be about how broke the game had gotten. and if PP has done what is necesssary to fix it.

i don't even know, haven't ever played a game. wanting to get into it, getting some models together, been holding off because inbound edition etc just been lurking and watching battle reports.

Oh lord, the day a crys player says that Khador Statlines are better then Cryx ones.

Was +1 Mat (To only SOME Khador jacks) all it took?

Seriously, not everybody is carrying around hidden troves of POW 14 guns, just waiting to Completely destroy a Cryx heavy.
So what about all the other levels of play. If Cryx dominates in each one something is still wrong.

You should probably drop the name.

uh, basically yes.

Worrying about hitting was the only thing holding us back, a free charge is just icing on the cake.

Khador jacks got the most improved in mark 3

>you look at the total number of players and see how they do overall
That only works if you assume every player who enters has an equal chance to win, which is roughly as true as asserting the earth is flat or that if you drop an apple it'll fly directly upwards into the sun.

Speaking of Mk III, does any awesome spoiler person happen to have info on the new Ret Solo coming in prime. It's not in the deck due to newness but hopefully should be in the playtest cards that have been leaked,

>Oh lord, the day a crys player says that Khador Statlines are better then Cryx ones.
Well he is right in that point. Khador heavies are looking incredibly good. That doesn't make Cryx heavies bad though. They're just good in different ways.

so then tell me, what is everyone's actual chance to win? What is the number there bullshiter?

Khador has the least jack support so they get better baselines than everyone else.

what is the jack support that everyone else has besides menoth?

repair? Khador has that

I see a lot better jack support on the casters now

>All the top player in the world consider Cryx the best faction.
>Now one goes to tournament with a Cryx drop.
>Cryx player start to cry for the nerf.

Look at this guy is so retarded he can't understand that his 2 point solo just got better because now can handle FOC to everything while retaining combat utility.

So, how about some list building? I'm working on a Rasheth list. So far I've got:

Rasheth (28)
Gladiator 14
Sentry 15

Reivers+UA 19
Croaks 17
PGBH 5

Witch Doc 4
Willbreaker 4

This comes down to 50p, so 25 left to spend. I'm not entirely sure on the 8 points of support solos here, as they currently only support one unit. Not 100% sure about the Croaks either, but so far I see no better alternative. What would you guys do?

Are you stupid? There is no way to determine that number based on the data available to us, but it sure as shit isn't anything close to 1/[number of players].

If it was, you'd see a relatively even distribution of Cryx in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place slots. If your logic was correct, their representation in any given placement should be real damn close to their overall representation, and based on the data available to us that is only true of the 1st place slot.

Nah.

What really buffed up our jacks was the intense re-costing and tweaks.

I mean a Maurader is a real good buy now. His special ability isn't linked to any weapon whatseover so he can just keep doing it as long as he wants. And point cost is only 10! Thats 2 points dropped, and on par with expensive light jacks.

Khador can now throw lots and lots of HP for lower costs.

you're right there isn't, which is why your bullshit "top-players" stats can't speak or prove anything

>because now can handle FOC to everything
what?

what are you talking about? How supposedly did they get improved?

>>Cryx player start to cry for the nerf.

Eh. Cryx player here, we got off far lighter than I was expecting. Most of our units still look playable, and a few of them have me really interested. Ripjaws, with Crit. Armour Piercing and Powerful Attack, look like a great buy for only one MK3 point more than a Deathripper. The Crabjacks also look much improved now. I like the idea of fielding Slayers as "lights" and the Crabs as our actual heavies.

Power Booster isn't restricted to Warjacks without focus on them any more. A Warwitch can just hand out a free point of focus a turn.

and that affected slayers in mark 2 or inflictors only

Or, all your jack if you consider Power up new rules and the fact that you can bring 2 Siren

Is eKreoss feat still the same? anyone got cards on spell list and such?

Here's what I'm most hyped about in Skorne:
>Razor Wurm
Can actually do the job it's always been there to do now that control range is doubled on it. And that animus, that ANIMUS. I'll just park him next to some of your infantry. Try to move? Eat free strikes. Try to kill him? Eat spines nigger.
>Xekaar
Goes without saying now that the new warlock looks insane.
>Cyclops in general
They're all getting cheaper, which means they can be used as general filler or beatsticks. I mean, 2 Cyclops Savages can PROBABLY take on a 16-17 point unit, but you get a tasty animus on top of it. My main problem is the Raider which is now not only the most expensive of all cyclops, but easily the worst. No one EVER used a Raider in Mk2 because they wanted to shoot something.
>Titans
4" blasts, Snipe, and cheaper makes me really want to use my Cannoneer. The Bronzeback has lost some (admittedly usually overkill) damage and got a whole point cheaper, the Gladiator got a whole point cheaper.
>Despoiler
Void Spirit poop range just went from 2" to 5".

Everything else is what you'd expect. Kinda pissed off that the Cetrati I'm in the middle of painting have just been nerfed into the ground by losing 3 boxes and a point of armour.

How viable would a Skorne army based around single-wound infantry and the Bug beasts be? I really like the disciplined, almost Roman legion-like look of their rank and file infantry, but hate the Mammoth and Cyclops beasts. Is there a Warlock that could get buy just using the bugs, plus lizardy things like the Razor Wurm?

Xerxis1 is a fantastic warlock for spamming infantry because his feat turns everything into monsters for a turn. Praetorian Swordsmen/Karax look like they're going to be really good infantry in Mk3 too. If you're referring to the Aradus Sentinel/Soldier, they don't seem that great this edition. If you mean the Scarab Pack, then you might wanna try bringing Tyrant Zaadesh to give them Tag Team on top of their normal stuff. Just don't forget that you'll need titans if you want to crack heavy armour.

28 inch arc node motherfucking razor wurm with eHex

Plz save cygnar and upload them :D

>If you're referring to the Aradus Sentinel/Soldier, they don't seem that great this edition. If you mean the Scarab Pack

Both, really. I just like big bug monsters, and was hoping to be able to run a whole Battlegroup of them. I'll take a look into Xerxis 1, then, thanks. Right now there's only Warmachine factions in my meta, so I'm a bit lost when it comes to Hordes.

You mean pHex? He's the one with Soul Slave. But yeah that sounds fun. Sit my Razor Wurm in the middle of your infantry and drop Obliteration. The Wurm will survive; your infantry won't.

eHex has Field Marshal: Channeler. Every beast in his BG is an arc node

Uuuugh, just added the points for my Mk2 Old Witch list up and I'm fucking 24pts over the 75pts standard for Mk3.

Basically going to have to completly redo my list. I thought shit was getting cheaper this edition?

Oh wow I hadn't even noticed. My only issue is that he doesn't have any templates he can drop. I suppose Ashes to Ashes will have to do, but man that's a 5" template on pHexxy :^(

my problem with pHex is spirit leech is way worse than soulfire. at least you could machine gun people with soulfire on a good day. Spirit leech you cast twice and you're out of fury without any boosts unless your target is a warlock or warcaster and they're usually hard enough to hit that you boost for them.

unless you find something to stab for a blood boon, and that usually is a one way ticket to getting assassinated or being forced to camp enough that you dont get to cast more things anyway. ehex can sit far, FAR back and fire off A2A and the (now buffed) Hellfire and potentially spend his entire stack from turn to turn because he can be arcing spells from 14 or 28" away and never needing to come near the front lines.

Marketh can cast A2A and hellfire too which is nice. Although marketh can cast spirit leech too and is basically auto include with pHex to help his upkeep burden

I got them from the cygnar facebook page, get them from there