What's the easiest way to turn a creature into an equipment or aura...

What's the easiest way to turn a creature into an equipment or aura? I need to know for a particular combo I'm working on.

Taxidermy

In which game?

MTG presumably

MtG, sorry.

Mycosynth Lattice and Bludgeon Brawl?

Bludgeon Brawl doesn't work on creatures, so I'd need to make it non-creature first.

Whatever you're trying to do is stupid and contrived. Make your win condition require less steps.

The whole point for the combo is to be stupid and contrived. It's not about winning the game, it's about sending a message.

The closest things I can think of are Bestow creatures or Living Weapon neither of which is what you are looking for. Sorry.

>not "pika chuu.gif"

Tyler?

send this message.

Who?

>It's not about winning the game, it's about sending a message.

And that's the best alternative win condition of them all, in my opinion.

I'm not quite that mean. My plan was to use indirect phasing to permanently get rid of someone's commander. But it look like I can't do it in less than 6 cards, which is a shame.

Use mindslaver and have them choose to keep it in exile instead of the command zone when you exile it with something.

There's an enchantment that gives a creature phasing

God damn it. I thought I was being all clever, but then you just have an infinitely simpler way to do almost the same thing.

It doesn't have to have phasing itself, it needs to be attached to a token who does. When a permanent phases out, all permanents attached to it phase out as well, remaining this way until the original permanent phases back in. If you phase a token out with their commander attached to it, the token ceases to exist, causing the commander to never phase back in. The owner can't send it to the command zone because phasing explicitly doesn't trigger zone-changing effects.

meant to quote (on the first one)

The ruling would probably be that once it can't phase back in, it goes to the exile so whatever would normally happen when its first put into exile would happen. Also, shuffling their commander into their deck accomplishes almost the same thing and could most certainly be done with a single card

Shuffling in is a zone change and can thus be put into the command zone as a replacement effect, whereas phasing has a couple important rules that keep the card from going elsewhere.

702.25d The phasing event doesn’t actually cause a permanent to change zones or control, even though it’s treated as though it’s not on the battlefield and not under its controller’s control while it’s phased out. Zone-change triggers don’t trigger when a permanent phases in or out. Counters remain on a permanent while it’s phased out. Effects that check a phased-in permanent’s history won’t treat the phasing event as having caused the permanent to leave or enter the battlefield or its controller’s control.

702.25f When a permanent phases out, any Auras, Equipment, or Fortifications attached to that permanent phase out at the same time. This alternate way of phasing out is known as phasing out “indirectly.” An Aura, Equipment, or Fortification that phased out indirectly won’t phase in by itself, but instead phases in along with the permanent it’s attached to.

702.25k Phased-out tokens cease to exist as a state-based action. See rule 704.5d.

What this means is that a permanent attached to a token that gets phased out is rendered permanently inaccessible, because the token disappears and the attached permanent can't phase back in.

I laughed more than I should.

Well, if you hit a creature with this, then follow up with Mycosynth Lattice and Bludgeon Brawl, you can get an Artifact Land -Forest Equipment that isn't a creature, and then equip it to something. But from the rest of the thread, it seems you also need to be able to steal their commander first

Alternately, you can use anything that turns shit into a copy of something else - like Cytoshape or something similar - and turn the Commander into a licid, and then activate the licid's ability and attach it to the token.

You could also Mindslaver them, find a way to give them infinite mana and a sac outlet, and rack up their commander tax in the millions.

Maybe it's Oloro or Derevi?

Muto Animal with a Vim requisite.

It's not simple, defo over 6 cards, but there's already a combo to perma remove a commander.

> Have a token with phasing (either any token enchanted with Vanishing, or a any "put a token that's a copy of target creature" card, such as cackling counterpart)
> Gain control of oponent's commander
> Make it a non-creature (song of the driads)
> Make it an artifact (Liquimetal coating)
> Make it an equipment (Bludgeon Brawl)
> Equip it to phasing token
> Token phases out. Due to rules, tokens can't phase back in. Therefore, anything phased out with it (equipment and auras) are now perma-phased and can't return

It's not quite THAT complicated.
1. Any token producer, whether yours or your opponents.
2. Song of the Dryads on the commander
3. Mycosynth Lattice
4. Bludgeon Brawl
5. Magnetic Theft to equip it to the token
6. Reality Ripple on the token to phase it out.

It's pretty easy to homebrew magic items in 4e.

Not the person you're asking, but yes I am here and interested.