The Official-ish Snowstorm Thread 5(?)

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Last thread: There was a fair amount of writefagging, but I'm not linking it because that's a lot of work.

Last time in these threads: Pokemyr!
People started making more Planeswalker cards for the snowflakes.
Cats ruined everything, or maybe just Chillbrass' day.

REMINDER:

If you want ANYTHING to go in the repo, just summon me. Otherwise I will only put writefagging and sheets in the repo.

Also, I added the blank template to the ALL FLAKESHEETS folder.

To summon me simply say
>OP OP, I SUMMON THEE. PLACE THIS FILE IN THE REPOSITORY.
And I will come.

>Current Repository

drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/JJwuHnQi
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

posting this guy again, before I make the changes suggested in the last thread

Chillbrass is a meme at this point, cat bro just didn't read the books

I would make it so the player loses life equal to the spirits

Could one of the dragons from Kamigawa end up becoming a walker?

>Implying that those things wouldn't have become Planeswalkers by now if they had Sparks

Please, no.

unless I'm reading your point wrong, that's exactly what it does.

I'm going to assume you meant to quote the card one.
Life loss is much harder to prevent than damage.

Hey guys.

Here's a character I made for some stories I've been writing for my friends, unfortunately thanks to SOI it's been pretty angsty so I'd really like to get around to writing something a bit more light-hearted/fun for her.

Fucking hell what is with all these walkers who are things that can't have sparks? I mean I know they're getting made up reasoning and stuff but still.

She wasn't originally supposed to be a planeswalker, that was the best I could come up with for reasoning.

That's because there are a lot of reasons why a planeswalker would give up their spark to something that doesn't have one.

that's something I've never actually understood, is some of the bullshit reasons people give up sparks.
"they were going to die there!" yeah, well now you're going to die here. BECAUSE YOU'RE STUCK.

"I loved them and couldn't bear to see them die!" well now 1) you'll never see them again, and 2) they could very well die as soon as they planeswalk for the first time.

If the planeswalker is going to die anyways, like right then and there, then why not give up your spark?

If a golem is the only thing that can help save the universe and needs to be powered by a planeswalker spark, then why not give up your spark?

Your asshole itches and it just won't stop ever, then why not give up your spark?

Yeah, there's a reason it's only happened in the canon once.

> once
> not a shit ton of times
How's the line go? Read the books.

the only time that I can see giving up your spark being useful is if you're on the verge of death and there's no way to save yourself - there's nothing that a stupid golem could do that a sentient person couldn't probably do better.
fuck you Karn

Not him, but I'm curious the exact number of named characters this has happened to. I'm in support of people doing it for snowflakes, but but could you list names or wiki pages for me to read up on? I have no intention of going through several stories for something so small.

>time travel
>not die from being stabbed
>having a perfect ass
>bonding with elementals on a physical and emotional level
the list goes on

How many people have given their sparks up?

Urza
Glacian
Venser
Teferi
Jhoira
Jeska
Radha
Glissa
Slobad

Is there anyone I'm missing?

Also, I should note that giving up your spark doesn't kill you. If you are in a state of mortally wounded were your spark would keep you alive, yet you give up your spark, then yes you'll die. But, numerous Planeswalkers have given up their spark and lived.

except venser, for dumb plot reasons

I miss Venser, he was a cool dude.

Well, I think he actually needed it to live though.

In any case, if you'd like to add that to the repository that'd be grand, I'm probably going to be heading to bed now but I'd like to try my hand at writing some stuff for you guys if possible, give me a nice break from all the feels I've been writing lately plus I think she deserves to do something fun for a change.

you gotta do the chant bro.

Could I get the Rinteller Story added to the Repository?

pastebin.com/JJwuHnQi

I thought that was a joke but okay.

OP OP, I SUMMON THEE. PLACE THIS FILE IN THE REPOSITORY.

Glacian's spark never ignited, nor was willingly given up.
Jhoira never had a spark.
Teferi and Jeska's sparks were used to seal time rifts, and Radha's nonignited spark was burnt out before it could ignite because Jeska was using it to keep herself from dying from timerift sealing.
Glissa's spark wasn't willingly given up either, but was taken via a machine that was basically the entire purpose of the entire plane (and Slobad got it by accident).
Said spark was then given up to ressurect everyone.
Even Urza's spark wasn't intended to make Karn a planeswalker, it just ended up having that effect by accident due to Karn ending up with ALL parts of the Legacy Weapon as part of him - and Gerard and Urza being two of those parts.
So yes, while people have given up their sparks before, someone giving up their spark to intentionally make another person a walker has only happened once in canon, and that was with Venser giving it to Karn, who had already been a walker previously.

Yeah, I forgot Jhoira wasn't a walker. However, all these instances happened to be people giving up their sparks. Not all willingly. But, it can still be done. And so far, it seems that everyone who has had a spark transferred to them has become a planeswalker.

I think the point is that it's kinda weird that - for something that's intentionally happened once and accidentally twice in canon - amongst the snowstorm people are giving up their sparks (and then promptly dying because they're Not Important) left and right.
Which is especially weird when it comes to oldwalkers giving up their sparks, what with them being basically omnipotent superwizards and all

Oldwalkers seemed to only die by the hands of other Oldwalkers or forces even more powerful than themselves, Yawgmoth.

And neowalkers seem to die relatively easy in comparison. Though, still not easily done by anything not also a neowalker or multiple Gods and so forth.

Also, I might add that the entire point of flakes is to expand upon what is capable and what is innovative with Planeswalkers. Right? So, why not make more of something rare? It's a great big multiverse after all. Even rare things happen a multitude of times elsewhere.

We have two separate oldwalkers deciding to die in Serra's Realm and giving their spark to the pretty winged girls there.
Serra's Realm, which before Urza fucked everything up, was a bastion of Everything Good In The Multiverse.

Well, I'm sure the creators of those two Angel flakes had no idea that the other angel flake existed. And in hindsight, spark transfer is bound to happen twice in a realm somewhere. And the likelihood of one realm versus any other are the same percentage of it happening there or anywhere else. If that makes any sense.

Yeah but some stretch disbelief or are impossible given what we know in their Bios

Original OP here. I'm finally back. In the process of updating the repo with the last two threads worth of shit. Brb.

Poor Venser. I miss him. He has gone the way of so many other good characters before him.

And now Avacyn has joined the pile.
>sigh

Is there a difference between a creature being W/U and a creature being pure White with an ability that requires spending Blue mana?

Color identity makes them both W/U.

But there would be nothing different between the two.... I dunno from a flavor perspective or something?

THERE WE GO.

The repo should be updated.

EVERYONE CHECK AND MAKE SURE YOUR STUFF IS THERE.

IF not, let me know.

Depends on if they are legendary or not I suppose.

Every creature is legendary in lore.

The ONLY difference from a "legendary creature" and a "non-legendary creature" is that a legendary creature is a specific creature of a type while a non-legendary creature is any generic creature of that type.

Non-legendary: I summon a elf. An elf named Jim appears.

Legendary: I summon the elf named Jim. And Jim appears.

They can be the exact same creature.

Pretty much this. The only difference in summoning (piggybacking off of this example) is whether you're summoning an Elf or if you're summoning a specific Elf that you have some familiarity with.

No?
You summon an elf ranger, the platonic ideal of an elf ranger appears.
You know an elf ranger named Jim, when you summon Jim, Elf Ranger, you get a magical copy of Jim himself.
they are not the same

I think that the point being made there was that Jim, the Elf Ranger may not really be standout among Elven Rangers. Legendary Creatures aren't necessarily special, they are just more specific beings.

To the person summoning them, they're supposed to be more special.

It really IS the same thing.
However, Wizards of the Coast doesn't print Jim, the Elf Ranger, because Jim, the Elf Ranger doesn't make for a very interesting card because - as you say - he doesn't stand out among elven rangers.
However, to Bob Planeswalker, his close friend, Jim IS that special, and would count as a Legendary Creature.

You're still missing the point, I think.

And so are you from looking at it from a meta standpoint instead of from a theoretical place in the lore.

Let's say that an Elven Ranger is 1/1 with Reach.
Let's say that Jim, Elven Ranger is a 1/1 with Reach.

Even though Jim is still pretty average for an Elven Ranger, he's Legendary because he's a specific character. Your choice to make the summon emulate Jim makes it Legendary, not any particular traits that sets Jim apart from his peers that are noticably more affective on the field of battle.

That's what I said, though?

No, look to Loran's smile for why you are wrong. It is sleepy time for this bugalug

Literally what?