SS13: d20 station

Welcome to the thread for d20 station, a rules light Space Station 13 server.

>What the fuck is Space Station 13
A top down atmospherics simulator with a "whodunit" on top. Survive in the station and do your department's job, while fixing the problems that the antagonists cause.

>How do I get this game?
BYOND Download link: byond.com/download/

To connect: Open BYOND, click the gear in the upper right. Click "Open Location" and paste in the IP below. Click "Ok", or place the ip into your browser.
byond://76.16.8.127:28014
alt: byond://d20station.ddns.net:28014

>I don't want to play as a hobo and my game keeps crashing
BYOND account registration link: secure.byond.com/Join
Without an account you can still join but you will only be able to join as either a hobo or a tourist. People without an account reported difficulty joining the server and maintaining connection, get an account.

>How the fuck do I play this game? I keep hitting myself with things.
Use OOC and ask someone for help on how to play. People will almost always help you get a grip of the game if you're polite about it, just don't reveal too much in-round information in OOC.

Other information can be found on the wiki. robustvinyl.com/ss13/wiki/
Check out the server pop graph to see when people are playing: ss13.se/servers/2284/

Other urls found in this thread:

ss13.se/servers/2284/
reddit.com/r/SS13/comments/4l7xtk/story_of_a_social_experiment/
strawpoll.me/10331540
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bump
+a really good engine setup

what are the settings on that mixer?
how much power does the TEG output?

Idk i just found it setup last night and it was still going strong this morning

4 people playing right now

Haven't played SS13 in ages, why doesn't the general show the Veeky Forums servers anymore? What's this d20 station stuff?

Veeky Forumsstation has nothing to do with Veeky Forums anymore

Might you elaborate?

I think it had something to do with the admin team of tg being slowly replaced by people who don't browse Veeky Forums.
d20 is a branch off an old NT build has always been tied to this board
don't quote me on this

Client keeps fucking crashing help

this isn't ss13 general, it's the discussion thread for d20

essentially there began a Veeky Forums-centric server called Veeky Forums station on this board but slowly after the years the original player base was phased out either getting bored, sick of ss13, or found something new to play, and was mostly entirely replaced with players who don't care for anything Veeky Forums related.

Brb restarting computer

>4 people on
>new round in 2 minutes

20 seconds!

so how's d20 been

summer soon lads

Hey Mezzo, do you have any screenshots from that round where I robusted a borg and a scientist with nothing but a wizard hat?

you posted this just to trigger me didin't you
how the fuck hard is it to kill rouge ai
make some fucking thermite
open a toolbox

Drag your character onto your victim to access the special forbidden fruits unique to D20! Now with children!

remember to re-elect robert paulson for 2016 friends

The server is empty
The server's players seemed to have given up.
Even the memes have died
all around me I see nobodies,shitters and hull breaches that have yet to be fixed.
Our threads grow less frequent with each passing week.
The admins and oldfags have abandoned you not because they lost hope in you,but because YOU lost hope in you.
Come back to this server and this game
create your own fun
fuck the meta
teach the mechanics
run your own goddamn theme rounds
Make your own rules
reincarnate into something better
we can make D20 great again.
jokes aside lets rehash the server make it medium rp ill bite my tongue and put up with a new community with new shit and ill teach newfags. I would rather we live and be different then we die.

maybe if we got rid of the mongols raiding us we could stabilize our government and trade with england for spices

If it wasn't dead, it wouldn't be dead. That's the rub.

We just have to try it sucks now but with effort and time It could work.
Rehash the server as medium RP and collect a small base of people who actually play the game (whether we make it private later down the road i dunno) The new blood should bring back oldfags and if everyone cooperates the community might actually not be cancer. Just gotta commit to it.

We can add.. alien races. People love alien races! We can have a catperson race, and a weird robot race, and a reptilian race!

nah thats lame
people hate all those things

we already have all of those because you can put peoples brains into cats, cyborgs, and space lizards

reminder corgis shouldn't exist as a job

>assistants get the shitty gun
>they try to kill people with it
>empty cell before hitting anyone
>they try to claim it was just a prank
every time

How's player count been looking last few weeks? Haven't had PC internet access for a fortnight and before that never caught a lot of people for a while.

>Check out the server pop graph to see when people are playing: ss13.se/servers/2284/
the graph pretty much tells the story: dead with a chance of game

I'll try to be online tonight at around the same time as that peak yesterday started.

bump

Is that fucking chaplain still around starting random murder cults every round?

nope

What about the doctor that'd incessantly just grow drugs and not heal anyone? I'll never join this server again because of that degenerate piece of shit.

literally who

Bump

ded

megaded

Any spacemen up for a game today?

How's the spacetorio stuff?

>Sad Space Man is dying
>Always to tired after work to Space Man

These are dark times.

Here's a spaceman trying to join a spacestation. Little did he know the spacestation was already dead (I can't even join, what is up with that?)

Should be up, do you have an account?

The server is shitting itself right now.
I got in but I'm frozen on this screen.

server's back up

A return has been made.

*angry barking*

So is this server good now that that fucking chaplain is gone? Is the fucking "LE R&D IS TOO LE OP ;____________;" idiot gone yet?

As far as I know Veeky Forumsstation isn't even up anymore. D20 station seems to have far cleaner code, to boot.

>D20 station seems to have far cleaner code
How would you know?

Have you seen the station?
It's squeaky clean apart from like every department .

It's empty, not clean.

there's code to have mobs make dirt on the floor

Anyone got any good stories from recently?

I got one:

>Be me
>Be engineer
>Be traitor
>Oshit.webm
>My objective is to simply kill someone and get out alive and not in cuffs when the shuttles docks with cent comm
>Lets do this
>Captain announces that he wants to start a social experiment on the asteroid, to see if a smaller society can thrive there, asking for volunteers
>He needs an engineer
>Drop all of my plans to simply kill my target
>Murderbone: Activaed
>Go to brig where he asked for volunteers to meet, grouped with 7 other people
>Some traitor had already been killed and they gave us his items, consisting of two edaggers and two chemical implants, take one of each
>Captain tells us to establish a new society there and sends us off to the roid
>We take a cow with us as a pet. We name it "The Sacred Cow" (This becomes key later)
>Arrive and we start mining for resources
>The clown came along, starts attacking the clown
>Me and my colleagues become aggravated, seeing as how the Cow is obviously Sacred
>We start beating his shit in
>Yells at us to stop, but I keep going, others join in
>Clown dies
>One down, six to go
>We loot the poor clown and continue about our mining
>I decide to buy the dickhead combination of ebow and in conjunction with my edagger
>One guy returns the resources to the roid base while the others continue to mine
>Murder him in cold blood
>Shuttle at roid base docks
>OHSHIT
>Run away and blend in with my colleagues on the roid.
>They won't know its me

>nonchalantly mining with roidbros and wait for the impending security assrape to make its way to us
>Several minutes pass and nothing
>Go back to roid base, body still there, no security, shuttle gone
>Alright, whatever
>Hide the body and head back to the mining
>Decide its time to strike once again
>The miners have started mining in a claustrophobic area, having dug out a narrow passage in the roid's depths
>This is it
>Buy syndicate minibomb and chuck it at them
>There is no escape
>It explodes and I kill 3 of them
>2 others run away, as they were mining off in the distance
>Ebow one of them and finish him with edagger
>Chase the other one down to roid base and murder him in the same fashion
>I have effectively killed this society
>Before I know it, the Captain and Security arrives to check on how we are doing
>Pure. Fucking. Destruction.
>I run out back into the roid before they see me
>I lay down among the dead bodies
>People screaming over radio: "OH GOD THEYRE ALL DEAD"
>My work is being acknowledged
>They make their way down the roid and eventually find the spot where I bombed fuckers, where I'm currently laying dormant, ready to strike
>Theres fucking 5 of them
>Underestimated just how many of them there would be
>Start to panic
>What the fuck do I do
>They start dragging the dead bodies to the roid base
>One of them approaches me
>"HEY"
>This is the end.
>"This one is still alive"
>This is it, then

>Stand up and dart away, trying to make an escape
>Stun bolts smacking into the roid walls behind me
>Theres nothing I can do but run
>Get back to the roid base which is empty
>Hide in a locker
>Wait for a few moments, seeing if they're going to come running back or play time
>No one is coming
>Run to shuttle and try to send it back to the station
>noaccess.png
>Realize just how fucked I am
>Didn't have the brilliant idea to go mine a narrow path to escape on the roid at the time
>One lone sec officer returns to the roid base
>Try to murder him with ebow/edagger combo
>I fail and he stuns me
>Cuffs me
>"Got him." he says over radio
>FUCK
>They hang a noose and ask for my final words
>"I regret nothing."
>They hang me and beat me to death and then cut off all of my appendages
>tfw I literally killed a small society and ruined the Captain's social experiment

Felt good.

WAIT WHAT YOU WERE PART OF THAT TOO

reddit.com/r/SS13/comments/4l7xtk/story_of_a_social_experiment/

HAHAHAHA

Wait shit, he did it another round, it was on hippie right?

It most certainly was. My story was the other experiment, though its funny that the other had pretty much the same outcome

it is ss13 afterall

disposal tech > engineer

[necromancy]

now is time to play, we have a whooping 2 people ready.

tg is overpuplated, d20 is dead... I miss skeleton crews with 5-10 men.

>skeleton crew with 10 men
so used to dead that 10 feels like a real crew

bamp

I got a 1 month ban from Veeky Forums station for accidentally bumping into someone while I was in a wheelchair,

does Veeky Forums server do stupid bans like this? I thought Veeky Forums was the only station that DIDN'T do retarded bans, but they proved me wrong.

they'll ban you for blowing up a welding fuel tank for a few days regardless of context

Even as antag?

like, if I turn it into a bomb, with proxy sensor, and leave it where I'm pretty sure my target will walk past,

I'd still get a few day ban?

I think it's even shaky doing it as antag but i'm not sure

I just know some guy blew one up with proper IC escalation at security and then got hit with a three day ban no questions

if they dont want people blowing them up they should just make them not blow-upable

I can't start engine power as captain what is this?

I mean, I can start the engine but APCs and SMESs only say loading and that's it. Same shit with the cryo cell.

If everybody coulda just stayed at medium roleplay high skill like a year ago instead of all the newer shitters who all held hands to make everybody else quit over the course of said year everything coulda been peachy.

Too bad the mods all decided that the Freeman way of "shit on somebody else for no reason then greentext myself looking moral and just and super funny even if I lie about it".

But hey it was just out invested time ya'know.

That wasn't a very well put together post because I've been drinking but I probably got my feelings across fine.

its okay cause that's not really what happened

same

Forgetting about the who's and whys the server died for this point, what does everyone think about doing some kind of reboot or something to try and get a community back again?

Obviously at this point Veeky Forums alone doesn't have too much of an interest in it as it is.

I'd love a reboot but with the same people involved everybody is gonna have the same problems.

The people who had always been at the core of the problems will always say

>Dindu nuffin
>core "ideals" of le serber
>at least my echo chamber loves me

If those 4-5 people can't keep it going among themselves then there's no hope.

Those 4-5 people aren't playing friendo.

there's three ways it can go
it can stay dead like it is now, though I don't know what coders will stick around to fiddle with the code if there's nobody to use it and eventually astv would likely pull the server down to use the resources elsewhere.

We could get good players, though they'd be small in number and return the server to skeleton crew status. These players aren't prone to shittery but there's not enough of them for the higher speed shenanigans that ss13 is known for and it would likely get stale within a bit.

Or we could just get a lot of "players". The high number of players would mean a wide difference in playstyles and what they find fun, which may reach the tipping point of majority of players being greytide/or just into the game for lmao griff. Usually these players are either banned or more often leave of their own accord when they figure out that d20 is comparatively a bit harder to shit around on than bay or Veeky Forums. On the upside of having shitters we would have a high player count which would in turn attract more players, we'd just have to carefully stem and balance the tide of shit players which would end up being a full time job.
whatever happened a year and a half ago or whatever isn't really relevant and has been discussed to death
the core "ideals" of the server differ even from coder to coder but they usually rest somewhere along the lines of players should be able to be self-sufficient with hardly any admin intervention.
>echo chamber
inb4 starchamber shenanigans

as it stands right now nobody is playing because there's no players and nobody wants to sit by themselves for two hours doing nothing to reach a peak of five players. Literally the only thing that we can bank on is summer since majority of people will be away from school

byond bug it happens sometimes

I wouldn't be against coming online and spending time to repopulate the server and try to glue everything back together again socially.

I'm just understandably(hopefully) afraid everything would fall back into the 'tried and true' non-interactive what color of griffhobo do you want today-sir.

>whatever happened a year and a half ago or whatever isn't really relevant and has been discussed to death

I don't disagree, I just am not gonna sit through the slow bleed that started long ago.

tl;dr : I'll show up on the server later today and I'll join in. See you all then I hope.

I don't think just us joining the server occasionally will revive it, I think really only the third way Freeman said would work, atleast to start the community again.

I got work for another 3 hours, I'll join you when I get home

Why don't we set a time that most people can play at, I think most of us are on the East Coast yes? Then I'd say 7 PM EST would be a good time to get on, unless others have something to say to that.

Well apparently we have 30~ IPs in the thread so deciding a night and time to play seems like a good idea.

Having the occasional good game is better than endless ded.

I'm in GMT the now but any time is fine for spessmens.

What's that one website that makes surveys, like on a stickynote background?

strawpoll I think is what you're looking for.

strawpoll.me/10331540
strawpoll.me/10331540
strawpoll.me/10331540
strawpoll.me/10331540
strawpoll.me/10331540

>strawpoll.me/10331540
Literally all votes are 7 pm

3 on 7, 1 on 4, 1 on 5.

Only 5 votes, ideally to get a good number we should wait for 15-20?

So are the people who voted 7pm gonna be on for a round tonight?

Remove the 2 player limit

Sure thing babe ;)

Probably not, unless my internet situation gets un-fucked in time.

I will definitely try.

>that one NEET who says that HIGH NOON is best for him