Accidental Magical Girl CYOA: Cute Fish Edition

Welcome to the Accidental Magical Girl thread!

Various worlds and multiverses have become connected together via the mysterious Overcity, a sprawling landscape inhabited by monsters and magical beings. Girls and boys endowed with their new supernatural powers can work together solving conflicts that arise!

>This is NOT a greentext adventure style CYOA with one GM and thread posting to dictate the adventure, but rather a hub thread for multiple storycrafters to use. A majority of activity (including campaigns) instead happens in the IRC, which is open for newbies to join.
Characters can be rolled with either the CYOA's purple PDF which is intended as a writing prompt and is in the process of developing an independent auxiliary combat system, or AMGC's blue pdf which contains combat rules for PNP campaigns along with the rolls. The IRC mostly uses AMGC.

Post builds, roleplay, write stuff.

CYOA Stuff:
Writefag Archive: pastebin.com/rSvTGQzP
Magical Girl Images (updated 02/26/16): mega.nz/#F!xINWxCqY!HsVA2LnU9RDMMmZieoqv9w

Character Archive:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_ugcJa0fs2KkZ-oXy7kexzqAySUzsbUJ42GydS_kV_w/
Add your character here!

RPNP Stuff:
IRC Linkboard:
titanpad.com/RWlqAHmERq
Spec Trees (spells for all 19 normal Specializations, updated often):
titanpad.com/FUjuIO6cfH

IRC on Rizon:
OOC Chat: #MGCYOA
In Character RP Pub: #TheWand&Circlet or #TheRedLine
IC Campaigns: #MGChronicle or #MGPnP
IC Shenanigans: #Overcity
IC Cafe: #MGCafe
IC School: #MGSchool or #MGClass
rizon.net/chat

Early 2015 Old Thread OP Text: pastebin.com/usMM2EC7

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

orteil.dashnet.org/randomgen/?gen=xvJyAbps
mega.nz/#F!b58XRCQL!z50OFF70hX_OsfPpBMgCJQ
dropbox.com/sh/hzcmi8mwy455ydm/AACCowTNhIZ_Nni1zXpQgpBma?dl=0
mega.nz/#F!7lhCDTKS!IYUthet1jHr1pVeEkQPSpQ
dropbox.com/sh/cfn5ax432n87ma2/AACxHDp-JVsc_ipTTXa6YAqka?dl=0
titanpad.com/Bpkgnrtm9T
sleeplessdomain.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The CYOA's Patron Module, which determines just who bestows your character's magical abilities. But be wary, for not all of these patrons are after your best interests...

This PDF is for AMGC 1.12, used for PNP in the IRC.
>Features 10 additional powers and 20 extra perks, as well as combat actions, point buy, and more.

>Character generator for AMGC, made by Doxy using RandomGen by Orteil.
Just one click and your mahou will be finished!
orteil.dashnet.org/randomgen/?gen=xvJyAbps

!! IMPORTANT !!
>Add-Ons to AMGC Core including the Corruption, Fusion, and Puchuu docs, now in one convenient spot!
mega.nz/#F!b58XRCQL!z50OFF70hX_OsfPpBMgCJQ
dropbox.com/sh/hzcmi8mwy455ydm/AACCowTNhIZ_Nni1zXpQgpBma?dl=0

Introducing the MGCYOA Supplementary Combat System v1.2!

Created at roughly the same time as AMGC, the SCS allows players to easily take characters made in the CYOA v1.4 and use them in Quests and long-running campaigns alike.

This PDF covers the basics of magical girls and sets the groundwork for future updates (which will include Patrons, DMGs, and Monster Girls). Additionally, plans have already been made to update alongside the CYOA v1.5 update which will be coming soon.

!! IMPORTANT !!
>Add-Ons to SCS now in one convenient spot, even if there's only one so far!
mega.nz/#F!7lhCDTKS!IYUthet1jHr1pVeEkQPSpQ
dropbox.com/sh/cfn5ax432n87ma2/AACxHDp-JVsc_ipTTXa6YAqka?dl=0

Celebrating 50 years of magical girling, I give you this guide to the magical girl genre!

Reminder that the Doubles Tournament is still accepting applicants!

titanpad.com/Bpkgnrtm9T

That is the rules and sign-up sheet!

Currently the exact start date is up in the air as we need more participants.

Rolled 4, 3, 4, 7, 1, 7, 7, 8, 2, 8, 9, 6 = 66 (12d10)

Rolled 5, 6, 14, 7, 9, 10, 20, 12, 12, 20, 16, 14 = 145 (12d20)

Heartful Punch dgaf, she just needs to be swole.
sleeplessdomain.com/

HP is such a cute dork.

HP confirmed min-maxer.

zyzz-chan is that you

I plan to run this system for a group of friends. In the beginning it's going to be very episodic, but the end of it is going to be taken from the plot of Snake Eater. What are some things I would have to change/take into consideration?

MAKE SURE THERE'S A REALLY LONG LADDER AT SOME POINT.

Sounds like you're running Guns and Grim then for AMGC.

Permawounds could use some houseruling depending on your tastes- penalties to some actions and die until healed or dealth with?

Add 2 dice to EVERYONE's rolls, friends and foe, and the system runs much better.

AYSU A CUTE

CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE

Rolled 10, 18, 5, 1, 5, 14, 13, 9, 13, 12, 6, 18 = 124 (12d20)

Eh, let's see what I get.

STR: 4+1+1+1+1+2(Gold)+2(Silver)+2(Silver)+1(Bronze)+1(Bronze)=16
AGI: 4+1=5
VIT: 4+1+1+1+1=8
MAG: 4+1+1+1(Bronze)+1(Bronze)=8
LCK: 4+1+1+1+1+2(Gold)+2(Silver)=12

HP:16
MP:8
SK:5
FP:12

Overdeveloped (+1 STR)

Reinforcement (+1 STR, AGI, VIT, and LCK)

Melee (+1 STR and VIT)
Aerodynamic

Flowing (+1 STR)
Quick Dash

Healing Artifact (+1 VIT)

Blood Magic (+1 MAG)

Masculinity (+1 LCK)

Natural Aging (+1 VIT)

Fortunate (+1 LCK)

Astral Projection (+1 LCK)

Personally, I don't really care for this line up. I could have some fun with it. But probably will never see the light of day beyond the thread. I'll still save it in Notepad though. Though, this marks the first character that I've rolled that didn't come up Mystic/Fist. If I have someone with another weapon... they're a Point-Buy.

Fun Challenge: Roll for everything. If something gives you say, STR or MAG, flip a coin/roll 1d2. Same goes for picking your Weapon and Outfit enhancements.

I approve, my hobby is basically rolling random mahous and trying to make a backstory out of them. It's a great creative stretching excercise.

It's what I do too. But, while it could be fun, I have enough characters right now that haven't gotten to see the light of day. So... to the bottom of the line with him.

Rolled 9, 4, 17, 4, 18, 17, 15, 1, 7, 18, 10 = 120 (11d20)

what's guns and grim?

Being called cute is embarrassing. At this rate, you're going to make her blush!

Will she cook herself by then?

Guns and Grim is the shorthand for the darker mode of play. Combat is treated as properly dangerous and characters tend to die when their health is depleted. Or rather, generally they'll want to roll permanent wounds (and stay out of the remainder of the current fight) rather than actually dying.
The lighter mode is called Cakes and Candy. In this mode, death mostly tends to happen narratively and fighting rarely (at least immediately) results in a worse than a knockout for a defeated PC.

You can use both G&G and C&C at different points in the same campaign, mind you. It's mostly a matter of making it clear when the stakes rise and the gloves come off.

Damn, that actually is cute.

>Jaune a shit.
Also lets see if we can make it to 100 posts before we fall off.

Let's make the roll-the-random-mahou thing a thing. Open up the generator and roll a random mahou. Flip a coin for anything that gives you a choice e.g. STR vs. MAG. Make up a backstory for her. We can put the results in a community pile that newbies can pick from if they don't want to generate their own character.

Here be the Corruption module for all ya monster girls.

>CRAWLING IN MY SKIN

Malcolm "Fedora Lord" Donovan
Body: Overdeveloped
Specialization: Darkness
Power: Avatar
Melee: Katana (High Ward/Duelist)
Enhanced Transformation
Enhanced Outfit
Training (Information Technology)
Masculinity
Transfiguration (Turns into the worlds toughest cockroach)
Skeleton Key
Enhanced Weapon
Blood Magic

STR:10
AGI:8
VIT:10
MAG:8
LCK:7

Rolled 8, 14, 11, 13, 4, 4, 18, 2, 19, 16, 9, 5 = 123 (12d20)

rawl

Rolled 20, 8, 8, 2, 15, 2, 8, 4, 8, 1, 8, 2 = 86 (12d20)

Cute.

Rolled 10, 7, 6, 6, 6, 1, 9, 3, 8, 5, 9, 7 = 77 (12d10)

Rolled 8, 4, 17, 1, 10, 18, 15, 11, 10, 7, 10 = 111 (11d20)

rolling for not a terrible build

Rolled 14, 5, 20, 11, 4, 17, 10, 6, 4, 7, 11, 18 = 127 (12d20)

What sort of personality fits a lightning using valkyrie themed magical girl?

I'm a little bit interested now what is this

Aren't you the user who posted the drawthread request a while back? Didn't you have one?

Guilty as charged, just reworking the character a bit and always up for other ideas.

I mean, yes, I have a concept, but I'm in that stage of character creation where pretty much everything but that concept is in flux.

Why don't you tell us a bit more about her backstory and concepts? That could help you get somewhere. Plus I have something of a personal interest.

Ah, what the hell.

Okay, so it's a Madoka setting OC Donut Steel. I'm in the interesting position of having a (somewhat decided) personality and theme, but drawing a bit of a blank on the wish, the mindset that led her to wish, and by extension any idea of what powerset goes with it.

She's possibly going to be awkward, skittish, or just...kind of prone to acting impulsively. Excitable, maybe? Costume-wise, vague valkyrie overtones. (In CYOA terms, it'd be flowing.) Power...Lightning. She's somewhat evasive too, hence the spear and her combat strategy focusing a lot on dodging.

Just trying to figure out what she might wish for. As my original idea of "finding her friend" isn't really workable, current ideas that might work include wishing to be noticed, wishing to fight by her friend's side, wanting to be able to protect someone close to her...

But basically I'm trying to brainstorm a wish that fits her mindset, the intended theme of her powers, and generally is interesting personally. Open to suggestions or random ideas.

Well, it's been a good run folks. But, I think I'm done here. It's fun, but I just don't feel it anymore. It wasn't how I expected it to be, and isn't what I want in an RP.

So, it's been fun and I hope it goes well for the rest of you.

I'll be honest with my reasons for leaving, and maybe one day I'll come back if they're addressed. But the community doesn't want to change, and I honestly don't see it lasting past the end of the year.

>I cause conflict
This is self-explanatory. I just cause issues when I'm there.

>There are no rules
It's literally "anything goes" in there. Both in character and out of character. We have rules in the sense of Mechanics, but it still gets twisted and misused.

>The lore is next to non-existant
I keep bringing this up and keep getting shot down. It's bare-bones right now. That's fine for an actual campaign or written story. But in an RP we need to have things ironed out so that we don't have a hundred different and sometimes conflicting lore. Variety is the spice of life. But it also leads to chaos and arguments.

>And the mods don't do shit.
They're mods. They should, you know, moderate. If arguments and fights break out in the Out of Character Channels, they should put a stop to it. If someone is blatantly trolling, they need to tell them to stop/make them stop. Their job is to keep the peace and keep things friendly. But they fail to do that.

So, this'll sound like a lot of bitching and people will just ignore it. But, hey, that's fine. People move on, and maybe things will change. But, at this rate, I highly doubt that the community will last at this point.

>A-in
>Tian
>Sahara
>Lynnia
>Molniya
>TDoors (Probably? I know he mentioned that he wouldn't be around much longer. Don't know if he's left already.)

There's probably a couple more that I don't remember off-hand. Still, that's a lot of well-liked people who were either chased off or lost interest (Or both in some cases). We're bleeding members.

Bye, Bar. Don't agree with your reasoning or most of those points, but sorry to see you go.

Good luck with future RP, hope to see you drop back in sometime to see how things are doing.

>There are no rules
Which rules have you suggested?
>The lore is next to non-existant. I keep bringing this up and keep getting shot down.
There was general agreement that an IRC setting document would be good. It's true that there hasn't been any progress towards making the thing, but you haven't written anything either as far as I'm aware.

Seems like a Madokaverse character would be heavily influenced by having to kill monsters to cleanse her soul gem. Also, would she retain this need in other universes?

Also, Post- or pre- Madoka? Does she know that Mahous do or used to turn into witches? Is a Witch like a Monster Girl equivalent?

The issue is more "what kind of person would make a wish if she was Madokaverse"- and pre Madoka, no, and Witches are basically when they inevitably fall victim to despair and/or run out of magic.

Isn't this like your tenth time quitting?

It's rather hard to claim there are "no rules" when they're the first thing in the topic upon joining the channel, as well as near the top of the linkbin now.

You're Bar, right? Just confirming.

I think you really need to flesh her out a bit more and decide what you want to do with her. Give more details on her backstory/lore. In my experience, the more pieces you put into the puzzle, the easier it is to place the rest of them.

Also have more on her life before becoming a magical girl. This will have a major impact on what kind of girl she becomes and why. Even small, stupid things. What kind of situation she grew up in, any noteworthy events, her favorite band even. Role models, fears, friends...that sort of thing. We tend to focus on the interesting parts of a character's life, and forget where they came from, which really has a large impact on who they are.

Good advice, thanks.

Idea I'm currently rolling with is perhaps that she wished to be with her (pretty much only) friend after she moved away.

What is mahou life without a few bygones. Everyone loses something sometimes. Even if their friends are possibly dead or lost in time and space.
Let's try to flesh things out.

Lyn if you see this or ever come here, you little fucker how dare you leave me without ya contact where am I supposed to hear a cute nerd singing I can't beat airman now??

Anyways. I can't possibly quit my favorite genre of weeaboo bullshit.

As someone once valiantly put it:

Heroes never die.

And especially not the hope and magic of the pure people that enchanted the hearts of so many.

I just can't get in the damn irc right now senpai, and if I don't just wait a few days.

Considering bar just pinged out after having marked himself as gone to work, I'm going to guess the answer is "no".

I don't really know or care who the people posting that they're leaving are, but honestly posting about it in the thread just invites pointless drama. It's cool if you want to tell people in the IRC that you're bailing. Worst that'll happen is you get banned, and you were leaving anyway so who cares?

There's just no reason to bring it up in thread. Anybody who does it is either out to cause more pointless thread drama or thinks themselves important enough that an announcement is going to make waves. If you're going, go. Cool. Sorry the community wasn't for you. It happens. We all move on.

It is in fact Bar.

I am not this person. Theoretically, it makes sense to post in the thread in order to get the message to people who are on at all different times. Also, drama is needed so that the threads don't die all the time.

Rolled 10, 16, 19, 20, 4, 16, 6, 3, 12, 2, 6, 13 = 127 (12d20)

Gotta keep up my tradition.

A few bad eggs causing others to leave =/= the community not being for them, FYI.
It's a damn shame so much talent has dropped off the roleplay.

I wish I was a Nagato.

Rolled 4, 7, 3, 4, 3, 10, 10, 8, 8, 10, 7, 9 = 83 (12d10)

As for the "No Rules" thing... I'll take that back. I was not actually aware that they were posted in the topic, because I never read the topic. So that is entirely on me.

Now, I was not actually aware that there was a "general agreement" about an IRC Setting Document. Last thing I remember being pitched to me was making an entirely new setting. And that people would have to start over again or reformat their lore to fit.

It was me, Bar_Keep. I posted here so that people who were not on at the time would know.

Well, let me put it this way. I said we should do a setting document and nobody commented. Then QB said the same thing and the several other people actively chatting at the time were like, "Yeah, that's a good idea."

The idea's come up before and people aren't entirely against it.

The issue is the idea of it being mandatory rather than optional fluff stuff for inspiration.

Well it depends on what ends up being mandated. It's all going to be hypothetical worrying one way or the other until something gets written, at which point substantive debate can be had.

Why is Kaylee so smug?

because justice is awesome

why aren't you serving justice

I -am- trying to serve Justice. I'm just not with the Beacon, although I have respect for 'em.

I can't join the beacon because I'm still not actually a part of this.

Because the idea of serving makes cute fish somewhat uncomfortable.

My two magical girls could almost make for good Beacon material, were it not for their monstergirl friends.

BEHEAD THOSE WHO SAY MONSTER GIRLS ARE VIOLENT

Hey, thanks for confirming you're violent to the entire world.

You should purify or purge your friends, for their own good.

Stay mad, beacon babies.

She did what she wanted to do, no Beacon required. Sure sucks she was deceived, but thanks for proving my point.

There was never any question that she lived how she wanted. She died sorrowfully, at the hand of her corrupted friend. Don't let your friends fall to corruption.