Mining General

Mining General

I don't think we give enough attention to mining. It only takes a couple antminers and you've got your rent paid, food paid, and some extra BTC to put in your wallet. Every day. Every month.

>$11000 to buy one BTC
>$3000 to mine one BTC

From bitcointalk:
>TL/DR Summary:
> - You CANNOT meaningfully mine bitcoin with your PC or laptop no matter how powerful it is.
> - You CANNOT meaningfully mine bitcoin with your tablet or phone no matter how powerful it is.
> - Mining apps for your phone or tablet that claim to mine bitcoin are almost certainly scams.
> - You CANNOT find software here to mine bitcoin with your PC by itself.
> - You MIGHT be able to do one of the above with altcoins

Useful links:
Mining Calculator
>cryptocompare.com/mining/calculator/
Mining Equipment
>shop.bitmain.com/main.htm?lang=en
>craigslist
>ebay

Always look for deals on craigslist, ebay, etc.

An antmimer s9 currently costs $1700 on bitmain. With it running 24/7 you'd break even in less than 4 months. Each s9 you'd buy would be generating >$10000 per year, increasing as the price of BTC grows.

Why don't you do this???

Because where I live a kWh costs 0.25€, an antminer would be a pretty bad heating system for that price

I'd rather gamble on shitoncoins on ED

>Why don't you do this???

Because a single antminer is as loud as a vacuum cleaner... let alone 3-10 of them.

That's why I'm debating on converting my tool shed. No one says you have to keep them in your house and it's not expensive to run a couple power lines. It wouldn't cost more than $7-800 to run a 100A 220 line

I'm sorry, eurocuck.

I'm using my wife's sons' warehouse, they are HVAC guys and we're going to be working together to set up a climate controlled area since I live in the SE US. I think it should be obvious that you don't want to put an asic in your house unless it's huge.

Considering this. kWh costs 0.08$
How drastic are mining hardware updates? Won't s9 become worthless piece of garbage after 6 months?

How the fuck do I mine shitcoins without killing my computer

This.

stay poor retards!

>you'd break even in less than 4 months
so, like 4 fucking years in crypto time lmao

Electricity cost in Germany is 0.285€ = 0.34$ per kWh. Impossible to make a profit.

I was gonna buy like 5 when btc was around $2k, but i waams convinces to better spend it buying shitcoins.

The problem is the shipment from china, theres risk of getting your shit impounded by customs.

Then there's the issue of installation and the extra cost of the amps for the power, i think you need one per miner.

>be South Australian
>about to order an antminer s9
>google electricity price comparisons out of curiosity

There is no god.

>my wife's sons'

cuck confirmed

Is that the price in US-cents or Aussie-cents?

Get fucked, kangaroo man.

I gpu mine alts. I.e. monero. Does it make sense for me to buy an antminer to get into btc?

Question for miners here. Have you ever had the cops come knock on your door asking about the insane power usage? I know they catch pot farmers all the time because they suck up huge amounts of electricity to run their grow lights indoors/ in greenhouses.

This is what we get for saying no to Nuclear power. Fucking hate this shithole nation.

US cents obviously.

who here GPU mines? Getting new PC with gtx 1080 that I plan to have mining alts when not in use just to see what I get in return. I'm not really expecting much but really just wanna experiment. On the off chance that this thing could pay for itself, should I double up and get two 1080's in SLI mode? I'd have to upgrade my PSU if I do it.
should cancel the order for the PSU I ordered and just get the better PSU today?

That chart isn't really that accurate. Most places in the US are .08-.12. It's just huge cities that are pulling that number up.

Search for solar panel subsidies.

Contact Elon Musk.

rent an apartment that includes utilities

If they ask about the electric bill, just tell them you have electric heaters.

I get $0.30 USD of BTC per day using nicehash+laptop.

>With it running 24/7 you'd break even in less than 4 months
I could put those $1700 into BTC and go 4x in a month, retard.

Yeah because in a month BTC will be at 44k right?

Remember this when it actually hits that price in a month.

Fucking delusional. There is more chance of BTC hitting $44 next month than 44k.

I don't understand your logic. If he's mining BTC, and BTC goes up 4x in one month, then adjusting for the increase in BTC his break even point would now be 1 month.
Seriously, how do you Veeky Forums if you can't do middle school level maths?

I mined VERT when it was super low diff. And sold for ark. Still mining, from .07ish to .01 payouts with a 1080

top kek it will never happen
screencap this, in one month we will below 10k for sure

Solar panels
Before gov rebates red
Easy money
>getting a warrant based on electricity used
Nice one pinko

in cryptocompare.com what hashing power i should pick for that s9??
and power consumption

I've paid for mine already
I remember when I'd make $8 a day..now its $3-$4

If you don't mind me asking,
what were/are you mining?

Bi-monthly reminder that the USA is the BTC of countries

Then why would you mine it?

One month to break even or 1 month to 4x your investment, I wonder what I'd pick? Since you're a retard, let me explain this to you:

>balance: +1700
Path 1:
>buy miner
>balance: -1700
>BTC goes 4x
>balance after 1 month: 0
>balance after 2 months assuming BTC stays where it is: 1700

Path 2:
>buy 1700 of BTC
>BTC goes 4x
>balance after 1 month: 6800

>BTC
You mean Digibyte.

Lol all this talk and no one mentions miners depracate before you brwak even. Have fun competing with chinese miners who have (1) ultra low cost electricity (2) dibs on the newest miner tech.

asic miners depreciate and nobody wants them
GPU miners depreciate but at least you can sell them on ebay when you're done

>No one mentions difficulty adjustments
Fucking miners are absolute retards

Path 3:
>buy $60,000 worth of gpu miners
>BTC Goes 3x
>balance $120,000
>Your balance : less than mine
>My life > your life