Shinobi Quest #5

Shinobi Quest #5

This quest takes place within the lands of the Five Great Shinobi Nations (aka Narutoverse) starting roughly around the beginning of the original series. The world of this quest remains similar to the original, with slight but notable differences in certain areas, based upon the passage of time from a single slightly altered event.

(It’s a goddamn Naruto Quest, you bastards. Have fun, participate, and write in when you feel inclined. Most of the outcomes of this quest will be determined by you, the players. Critiques and questions are always welcome, as my knowledge of the weeby shit is not all encompassing.)

pastebin.com/WiPdCqLH

Previous Threads: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Shinobi Quest

Last thread, Tsuki Norihime took the time to have breakfast and conversation with the head maid, Maru, and learned a little bit more about her father. From she met up with her cheery butler and bodyguard, Danzo, who took her down into what ended up being the abandoned ROOT facility, underneath the manor complex. Certain things were revealed, and Tsuki decided to begin training, beginning with a technique of his choice: the Shadow Clone Jutsu.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nhm9BH3Kd9A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=nhm9BH3Kd9A

Inhale…..

Exhale…..

Center yourself. Mold the chakra within yourself. The image of a second self, perfect in in representation of yourself.

Another you.

You make the handsigns, and concentrate….

…..and open your eyes.

Staring back at you, for the third time today, is your mirror image. The mirror Tsuki nods to you, then presents herself for inspection. You look her over- no blemishes, no imperfections.

You turn to Danzo for his seal of approval.

“Very good, Tsuki-dono. Release the Jutsu.” he says, nodding.

You break concentration, and the mirror Tsuki evaporates. You feel the chakra returning to your body- although it is noticeably less than before.
“This costs of this technique are multiplicative, you understand. The more clones you create, or the longer you hold them, or the farther away they travel from the original- the more of you chakra they will sap. A truly exhaustive technique. This is why it was sealed away- it’s misuse could kill lesser shinobi. Luckily, you are both naturally gifted, and have me here to guide you.”

Danzo smiles.

This is how the training has been, so far. Now that you have excuted the technique, he seems to be training your endurance.

You…

1. Inquire about your performance
2. Ask about applications of the technique
3. Ask/Do something else. (What?)

>1. Inquire about your performance

Ah yeah, it's ohohoho time again

>2. Ask about applications of the technique
We will learn the art of grinding

>1. Inquire about your performance

Mix of 1 & 2

Writing.

how was Pizza?

“Danzo. You keep having me repeat this exercise. Have I not proven I can use the technique?” you ask, with only the slightest bit of impatience.

“You’ve exceeded my expectations, as always, Tsuki-dono.” he responds. “However, the Shadow Clone is a technique with many intricacies. Starting now, I’ll have you hold the clone longer. We’ve established that you can make the clone. Keeping it active for longer periods of time, though, may prove difficult for you at first.”

“It does seem like it has many uses, especially if most jounin use the technique.” you muse.

“Like many of the Lord Second’s techniques, it’s effectiveness is based entirely upon the user.” he instructs. “The memories of the clone merge seamlessly within your own upon it’s return, and as the clones feel no pain themselves, they make wonderful tools for scouting or spying. Some enterprising jounin use this capacity to train many facets of themselves at once, although this too has it’s limitations. It’s also one of the only clone jutsu that can fool those pesky dojutsu eyes that crop up now and again. Even your friend Hinata wouldn’t be able to tell the two of you apart.”

Very useful indeed. You feel that he’s just giving you a basic overview of the technique’s uses, though. You’ll probably need to ask more specific questions to him to cover more advanced applications.

You…
1. Continue to inquire about Shadow Clones.
2. Say nothing, and continue with the exercise.

Was good. Would've liked to eat it much earlier than I did, but life doesn't always cater to us

>2. Say nothing, and continue with the exercise.

>1. Continue to inquire about Shadow Clones.

Tsuki is a good student, and does not push too far too quickly.

Writing.

“Now, reform the clone, Tsuki-dono.” Danzo says after a few moments of silence.

Once again, you go through the exercise, and shortly afterward, the amber eyes of your clone meet your own.

“I’d like you to hold it for as long as you can. Don’t overexert your though- wouldn’t want you to collapse.”

You sit, and take a meditative stance. Almost immediately, your clone does the same. It does amaze you how they seem to intuitively know what to do, though Danzo says this is because the chakra inside of them contains a sort of “still image” of your consciousness.

You begin to meditate, whilst concentrating on keeping the clone active.

(Roll for endurance! 1d100, first three.)

Rolled 4 (1d100)

Let's do this

Rolled 16 (1d100)

Rolled 11 (1d100)

Rolled 73 (1d100)

>endurance
Fuck

god dammit rush anons

Rolled 12 (1d100)

Rolling

Let's not do this

Wow...

Rolled 30 (1d100)

Rolled 7 (1d100)

bad

Heh, almost makes sense for the ojou to collapse that way

See, this is the sort of shit I really hate.

Come to think of it this, at least it isn't a critl fail

After about 30 minutes of this, you start to feel it- you’re running low. You hold off for a bit longer, but sure enough nary a few more minutes pass and you release the jutsu. As the clone vanishes, you feel the chakra return, though again it is significantly less than you used to execute the technique.

You feel ashamed. You were sure you go could longer than that!

“32 Minutes, Tsuki-dono. Neither you or your clone were moving, and it was very close by.”

Although you know he isn’t scolding you, you do feel like he might be a bit disappointed.

“Now do you see how taxing this jutsu can be? Imagine keeping it active in a fight, whilst dodging your opponent and forming other jutsu. Don’t expect to master this overnight.”

You…

1. Accept this. He’s right, and you’ll just need to practice more.
2. Refuse. You know you can do better than that! (Will trigger another roll with a set DC)

>1. Accept this. He’s right, and you’ll just need to practice more.

>2. Refuse. You know you can do better than that! (Will trigger another roll with a set DC)

Princess will never accept that failure

It really is a problem, as it seems people have largely forgotten what used to be widely known: Veeky Forums's dice use an RNG seed based on server time. It wasn't designed to have three rolls within five seconds, and accordingly you get clustered low or high rolls over that short a time frame.

Rushing a vote THAT hard leads to the sort of results we've just seen, because they're not truly random.

>2. Refuse. You know you can do better than that! (Will trigger another roll with a set DC)
one more try.

As much as i don't want to except it i think doing it now, while we're low on steam is a bad idea sooo...
doing it anyway, cause fuck reason

3. Accept it, but don't give up! Try again.

We got dicked over by RNG. Assuming it is safe to do so, give it another try and get a fair estimate of what we can do when the RNG doesn't hate us.

also as a protagonist in animeland it is our saced duty to bang our haed against the first obstacle untill it breaks

You are resolute! You aren’t going to let Danzo down now.

As you begin to focus to reform the clone, you hear Danzo laugh.

“Very like you, Tsuki-dono. Just don’t overdo it.”

[EXHAUSTION CHECK! 1d100, first 5.]
(If you pass, endurance roll will come after.)Don’t choke!

Rolled 92 (1d100)

Rolling

Rolled 86 (1d100)

Rolled 36 (1d100)

Rolled 87 (1d100)

I AM THE JUTSU MAN!

Rolled 19 (1d100)

Well then,

Rolled 82 (1d100)

OVERDOING IT!

The fuck are you doing, user

FUCK YES!

DC:80

Pass!

Maybe you weren't as tired as you thought. Again, you take a meditative state with your clone nearby.

You focus....

(1d100, first three. Space it out a little, guys?)

Rolled 13 (1d100)

Rolled 86 (1d100)

Rolled 37 (1d100)

Rolled 8 (1d100)

Thank you good sir/madam.

Rolled 57 (1d100)

>Space it out a little, guys?
Never going to happen, chief.

Forgot my tripcode was off. Ole Cunningman here to save the day

btw... random thought, but the fact that we've got a plasma(or whatever) release made me think... what if we went into puppetry, specifically ride-able puppets... Plasma cannon mechs anyone?

That sounds too advanced and sci-fi-y

Even better.

Plasma Clones.

That sounds dumb.

That's better.

Well I know ride-able puppets were a thing, but yeah, thinking on it more, it doesn't really fit Tsuki's aesthetic.

I'm fine to try puppets, let's see where that leads us.

This is... oooh, I pity the bastard that decides to punch one of those.

Self destructing plasma clones when?

Ok, who is in favour of keeping our Plasma release a secret for now?

I'm up for it.

When we master fire first. Plasma is way too hard.

Plasma in general sounds bad to me. First of all plasma isn't necessarily “hot” (nonthermal plasmas can exist at room temperature), and second both Fire and Lightning are already forms of plasma. So taking the term “Plasma” doesn't really distinguish our release in any meaningful way. It also feels painfully clinical: Fire and Lightning are types of plasma that you see in nature, and can be understood to be two different things by ordinary members of the population. “Plasma” is more like something you define and observe in a laboratory, a technical category into which you fit more familiar phenomena.

If I had to suggest a name this early on, when we've only seen a glimpse of it, I'd call our release “Aurora”. Pretty to look at but impossible to touch, with a long history of mythological significance.

Despite having less chakra available then before, you feel like you can better control the flow of the chakra, and eventually pull upon reserves you wouldn’t have dipped into before.

Time passes…

Eventually, you feel Danzo’s hand on your shoulder.

“Tsuki-dono. It’s been over three hours. You’ve done well.”

(After a risky maneuver, you pushed yourself harder than before! STAM +.05, new total: 2.5)

You let the clone fade. As the chakra returns, you feel only slightly better. That was definitely pushing harder than you probably should have- but it turned out fine in the end!

You’re running near empty, though.

“I’d say you’re probably spent, correct?” Danzo inquires.

You just nod your head.

“Very well, it’s time we finish up for the day, anyway.”

After Danzo gathers a few things, you both walk over to the elevator. As he fires up the machine, he starts to speak.

“That exercise will help you train your endurance just as well as any physical exertion. You will also build up a larger pool of chakra over time, as well. With how well you did that last time, I’d say it’s safe to practice on your own.”

After you return to the manor, Danzo walks you to the main floor.

“I’m going to go speak with your father. It’s afternoon now- if you had something you wanted to do before the end of the day, such as go visit a friend, you very well could. I think we’ve done enough training for the day.” He bids you farewell, and then proceeds to head upstairs, towards what you would expect to be your father’s office.

You..
1. Decide to rest. You’re pooped!
2. Go see someone. (Who?)
3. Tail Danzo. You’re curious what he and father are talking about.

I'd say save it as a trump card for the chunin exams.

Until we have some applications for it, or for the chunin exam tournament, yeah. Keep it quiet.

>2. Go see Hinata

>2. Go see someone. (Who?)
hinata or maybe... just wander around for a bit and talk to who we run into (Lee).

>1. Decide to rest. You’re pooped!

>2
Let's go visit Hinata. Take her out for some girl time. Talk boys.

I figured that went without saying.

I'm down for keeping on the down low. Maybe do a surprise reveal at the chunin exam finals.

Nigga you're trying to bring logic into a setting with child soldiers, talking animals and a fucking RABBIT GODDESS trying to take all the magic juice.

Also Plasma Release sounds fucking awesome.

>2. Go see someone. (Who?)
Nori. Get an apology from her personally. While it all turned out alright in the end, she didn't have to hit you THAT hard, and it'll do nicely to settle the matter for good.

1. Decide to rest. You’re pooped!

>Ge see Hinata.
Let's talk about girl stuff. Maybe interrogate the poor girl about any boys she might like, then have the tables turned when she finds out that we like Lee.

Sounds like people want to visit Hinata-

Writing.

2. Go see someone. (Hinata)

What I'm saying is that "plasma" is a relatively modern scientific term that has no business being added to a system derived from classic elements, and that it's not especially descriptive of the difference between the release in question and its components. You may as well be trying to name something Liquid release, Solidus release, or Quark release at that point.

Why do people keep saying this, Lee isn't even good at anything yet

At least wait to get swept off our feet until he shows up at the Chunin exams after getting shredded

As much as I like the Lee joke, we have zero reason to like him. Let's wait till the chunin exams to see his badassery at the earliest.Let's take a step back on that. Also, plenty of eligible bachelors in Konoha and beyond, most of them with better eyebrows and less white knighty.

>All this husbando discussion before our first mission
>Trying to force LEE of all people
Fuck off, the lot of you.

>muh elemental realism
In a setting with ninja magic and medical science that makes eyes plug n play
>Not especially descriptive
Like Dust is?

You don't like it, we get it. Majority and qm disagree, chill yo tits nigga.

We won't have a name until long after we see the release in effect. That is a tomorrow problem. Lets worry about it when it comes.

Again, it's anime logic, calm your scientifically accuracy sperging. And Solidus Release also sounds rad.

Meh, was more of a joke then anything.

Still want to interrogate the poor lass, however.

Honestly, I haven't seen the show or manga in so long that I can't remember most characters from after the Chuunin exams.

The rest almost entirely shit tier, the only good ones in Konoha are Shiki and Lee

Shino? Neji(after he gets over his branch complex)? Naruto?

Well this naruto has been played up to be a bit of a bad ass....

Shikamaru is a top tier husbando, and I would actually enjoy a rivalry with Temari, as she's the daughter of an influential family that wields a fan just like us

Though my personal husbando is Kabuto

>Neji
I knew I was forgetting one person, Shino is eh, Naruto is well meaning but dull as the side of a barn

You find yourself leaving the manor, heading the general direction of where the Hyuuga compound is supposed to be. While you are beat, you aren’t necessarily tired. A Norihime must always make the most of her day! Besides- you figure you can grace Hinata with your presence. The two of you are heiresses, after all.

Eventually you reach the Hyuuga compound. You flag down a nearby woman- she points you towards the main building of the compound. While it doesn’t have the opulence of your own manor, there is a spartan, traditionalist style to the buildings the you can appreciate. Clearly the Hyuuga appreciate tradition.

Slowly, you walk up the steps to the main building, and give a small knock. Eventually, the door slides you one side, and a man looks back at you.

“Yes? Who are you? What business do your have in our family’s compound?

You…

1. Answer respectfully.
2. Answer haughtily.
3. Yell for Hinata!
>Write-in

Ohhh. Neji might be cool. I bet the side branch thing is less of an issue as he is side by side with the hokage's son and I think he is already a chunin.