MTG generic lore thread 2

It worked out great last time. Let's do it again.

This one is all about being mono-white and dead.

Enjoy.

Other urls found in this thread:

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/checking-planeswalkers-2015-2015-08-19
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Altima, Elspeth, avacyn. But I have no idea who the top right is?

Akroma. Fuckin autocorrect

>Altima
You mean Akroma?

And that top-right one is Serra, the original mono-white planeswalker and paragon of white mana.

Mono-W always gets nice things, it's just never allowed to keep them for long.

Speaking of nice things and W, is Reya Dawnbringer alive? I don't actually remember if she was mentioned to have died.

The W ladies always die, but this chuckle fuck is still going strong. Is there no justice left in the world?

Don't forget the chucklefuck to end all chucklefucks.

Fuck Heliod.

The Order of Heliud was also an asshole. But then again, I like to pretend that that book never happened, so... yeah.

What i'm getting from this is that mono white people from Theros suck.

Isn't there a theory that Heliod is Gideon's father? Or am I totally insane?

That's a theory that exists. But the issue is that other mana constructs don't have children so it's unlikely that the Therosian gods would be different.

Where did the theory even start? Was there a hint anywhere?

It's the whole Heliod is like Zeus thing. So obviously he's going to fuck some one and have a demigod child.

Ah. I get it. It also doesn't help that Gideon looks like Heliod.

Chandra could do worse than bang a demigod and dem joragas.

Isn't Elspeth still in Theros' underworld? She could come back as a BW gold-masked walker

She won't, even her keeping up with the planeswalkers said as much. Dacks going to "rescue" her and then we move on.

When did they say this?

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/checking-planeswalkers-2015-2015-08-19
Elspeth's not going to put on the mask and Dack entered the underworld.

So I just caught up with the lore and let me get this straight, they basically killed two multiversal planes devourers with fire?

I don't care how strong that fire was, even the excuse of using zendikar's mana is retarded, the titans literally feed on entire planes worth of mana everyday, that shouldn't have done shit to them.

What a fucking terrible writing, like it was literally "And I would've gotten away with it too if it wasn't for you meddling planeswalkers" tier, MTG: Friendship is Magic.

How the fuck are these hack writers not fired yet, holy shit, even a 12 years old could write better.

They wrote themselves into a corner. They'd established the Eldrazi are xbawkstronk, that Nahri can't seal them again and that Ugin isn't going to help because fuck humans amirite?
The only things they had left are "Well shit we can't let the HEROES die! That'd be bad... and we can't let Zendikar fall either, that'd make the new players upset".
So they basically decided Chandra has strnk fire, she can take care of it. Lazy writing, should have done a New Phyrexia kinda ending

It worked because they used the ley line and glyph system Ugin invented but told Sorin and Nahiri wouldn't work (he was talking shit so they wouldn't try it, NEVER CUT A DEAL WITH A DRAGON). That plus lots of super-rich Zendikar mana did the trick.

Ugin was mad as fucking hell afterwards. One hopes nobody tells Sorin and Nahiri that he was lying through his teeth back then.

>these creatures feed on entire planes worth of mana
>use lots of mana to kill them
>logical

Eh

Only while they're bound to a physical form and fully in the plane.

>creatures drink water
>use water to kill them
>logical
Eh

>Drinking Water is comparable to absorbing Energy

MTG shitty writers shills, everyone.

But user, water can kill you. Drowning, tsunamis, even drinking too much water can kill you.

Hand over your flesh and a new world awaits you. We demand it.

Least pure W.

It was a change of theme over the course of five years.

They decided that they wanted to get away from establishing all of these terrifying villains and they wanted to develop a team of superheroes to deal with them - and they needed a threat to take down that shows that these superheroes mean business.

Nicol Bolas? No, he's got too much personality, save him for later as the overarching nemesis.
New Phyrexia? No, too much nostalgia besides, they've been touting them forever as the true 'final boss' of the MtG setting.
So that really just leaves the Eldrazi as these boring, mindless things lacking any trace of personality but they still pose a big threat. Why not them?

So they proceed to throw together a plot and allow four new-walkers to kill two entities that three old-walkers struggled to imprison.

>That art of Garruk
>Those tendril-like growths
Wait a minute.
WAIT A FUCKING MINUTE.

.....what? Are you seeing something?

I don't know, he's kind of ___cute___

I'm not saying I wouldn't let him ram me, but I am saying I want my W women back.

That was his point