/ccg/ Cape Creation General

A thread for creating stuff for Cape Games be it characters, teams, powers, universes, or plots.

All ideas are welcomed and encouraged. None are too grim. None are too wacky. The goal is to create things that GM and players can take and put in their own games, modifying elements to suit their own tastes.

>System repository
pastebin.com/bU7vZFAN

Cape World stuff:

>Australia
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/47227809/
>The Generals
pastebin.com/4ZEeWk7F
>Statesmen
pastebin.com/qCgQBDgr
>Hollywood
pastebin.com/2Bp49SEa
>Las Vegas
pastebin.com/ysD4JsRR
>Japan
pastebin.com/wz33giaC
>Germany
pastebin.com/pVweBM4F
>Generals' Villains
pastebin.com/gms0S8Vb

TOPIC STARTER: How do you like your cape combat? Fun brawls? Life or death struggles? Puzzles to be solved with creative use of powers?

Previous Thread:

So has anyone ever flirted with falling into a magical realm (or taking others into your own) in a cape game?

Anyone ever have a Tigra in their games or tried to play a Tigra?

7. This Man, this Monster: The Character is an outcast, either because of their monstrous appearance or because of dangerous, uncontrollable powers. (Doom Patrol. The Hulk, X-Men)

8. Jack Kirby Monster (I couldn't resist): The character is a monster! They come from outer space, the depths of the sea, or from a mad scientists lab. They have great strength, great mental powers, or great technology.

Any ideas for 9 and 10 for the Silver Age Archtypes list?

If we get Bronze we'll have Gold, Silver, Bronze, and Dark Age.

Would it be possible to do archetypes for the modern age? The modern age seems to be about re-examining the previous ages more than doing new things. The only archtype I can readily thing of would be something like Kamala Khan. A light-hearted "fun" teenage girl character.

Brawls. Always Brawls

I like all of the above, but if I had to choose preference, I'd say Jojo's-style puzzles of quick thinking and creativity. Failing that, epic life or death struggles are awesome as long as everyone knows what's on the table. Fun brawls are best for early parts of the campaign.

Yeah, quick thinking on how to use powers creatively is the best. Especially if you manage to do something with anseemingly useless or lower level power.

So about the DEF and the Young Generals, where do you see their stories going and developing?

Also who fights who when they fight?

Pelican vs Hebi

Strike vs Prince Blitz (magic lightning vs real lightning)

Scribe vs Joe: Both have hidden reserves of great power, and Joe recognizes that Scribe is in the earliest stages of an addiction to Chase's Compendium

DEF Chief vs Tesla: Dundo wants the suit back...and to bring Tesla in alive to see what she knows. He's convinced she had to have help stealing the suit, probably form his nemesis The Brown Recluse. So he's assigned the Chief to take her in. He feels sorry for Tesla in spit of himself, seeing her as a person way in over her head and more than a little like his own daughter.

Roller vs Aria and Trinity: He's fast enough to handle both of them at once. Roller is actually a big fanboy of the Generals and hates fighting Trinity because of i.

Ms Future Vs Makara: They both find the sources of their respective powers fascinating, science and philosophy. They might develop a relationship.

This good?

The Compendium is just knowledge, not power. I guess addiction is possible, but it's just a mysterious book, one of the only ones not in The Library. Granted, if you focus only on the spells bit of it you can get very powerful over time.

So for Cape World teams we have:

The Generals: All-purpose super team

The Young Generals: All-purpose teenage super team

The Outliers: Teen Doom Patrol

DEF: A "super team" in Martin Dundo's back pocket.

The Statesmen: PR stunt and mixer for elected representatives from all states that still takes on missions due to its power and resources.

The United Front: The UN version of the Statesmen. Its "story" focuses on simply getting the team to work together and less on it doing things.

Tokyo Guardians: Highly competitive guardians of Tokyo.

Rainbow Legion: Australia's super team dedicated to tearing apart the Atlantean Wall while keeping the public informed and knowledgeable of their actions.

The Team: UN's shit kickers.

Blockbusters: Hollywood's super team. They used to be a fake team with fake battles until Barnstormer and friends reformed the system.

Not-super team super teams:

Super Builders: Supers that use their powers to build infrastructure world wide and beyond. Think the Peace Core with Super Powers.

Deustsh Liga: Germany's emergency and rescue team. Only member so far is the massive Toybox, a walking robot colony.

Phoenix: Massive and global emergency and rescue service.

ARGO: NYC based Multiverse exploration group, evolved from an earlier ARGO that explored the mystic archipelago.

Finders: Group that finds stable, productive work for super humans.

Monster People: Group led by Palmetto Bug that finds stable and productive work for "problem" supers that Finders can't help. Monsterous and Proud. Sometimes they find themselves doing super hero business.

Anyone want to roll some characters to flesh out any of these teams?

>Pelican vs Hebi
I'd want Pelican to stomp Viper in this fight. I feel like Hebi's arc when she was a villain she could more than handle Chase and Psinobi in a fight. It usually required to take a team effort to stop her because she made to fight and she was damn good at it. With her change of her she's filled guilt fighting Pelican because murdering her parents and on top of that Pelican developed her fighting style to beat Viper and Serpent.
>Strike vs Prince Blitz
I feel Blitz pulls through because of his superior eugenics.
>Scribe vs Joe
I feel like this go to either one since their both relatively inexperienced yet powerful
>Roller vs Aria and Trinity
I'm not sure. Trinity has experience and Aria I'm sure's competent but Roller has speedforce bullshit so I'm leaning more towrads him.
>Ms Future Vs Makara
I need to read up on Ms.Future to decide

The written word can be highly addictive. Look at comic book fans and people that post on Veeky Forums.

Sure. How would we do that, pick a team and then roll for members or just roll someone and stick them where they would best fit?

Well you're not wrong...

Probably just roll someone and see where they fit.

Personally I want to add some guys to the United Front. Because UN is a bigggg place.

What should we use? I'm sort of leaning toward MM because it seems the most stable and useful of the randomizers we've used. But Marvel has the cuh-razy factor going for it.

MM it's the standard for the universe.

>>Pelican vs Hebi
>I'd want Pelican to stomp Viper in this fight. I feel like Hebi's arc when she was a villain she could more than handle Chase and Psinobi in a fight. It usually required to take a team effort to stop her because she made to fight and she was damn good at it. With her change of her she's filled guilt fighting Pelican because murdering her parents and on top of that Pelican developed her fighting style to beat Viper and Serpent.
Why do you want to have Hebi suffer user?

We can just mix them up like we've been doing.

I feel like a lot of the really cuh-razy ones could find themselves in ARGO. A power that is useless in all but an extremely specific situation could make for a very useful explorer for particular universes. If you need to constantly absorb a rare gas to "recharge" your power, an alternate universe where that gas makes up a large portion of the Earth's atmosphere would be perfect for you.

Guys we have so far for UNITED FRONT:

France: Dame Ankou. Immortal WW2 Spy master.

America: Dr Dinosaur. Man that can turn into any dinosaur.

Russia: Ice Breaker. Russian political agitator put on the time as a show of good faith.

Canada: Young aerial engineer who controls technology whose name I can't remember.

Germany: Drussenmann, the iron man with a hear of gold himself.

England: Johnny-A-Lantern. Ex punk rocker and fire starter, sent to the team as a joke because of the UN's friction with King Arthur and his Knights.

Japan: Meowing Midori. Joined up to keep the team in tip top shape and train up the no hopers after losing her seat on the Tokyo Guardians to her rival, friend, and protege.

Ireland: Tam-Lin, a fairy knight from Spirit Earth assisted by his squire a lover Janet, a human woman.

China: The Yellow Emperor. Possibly the Yellow Emperor himself, but maybe a metahuman designed to be China's answer to King Arthur.

Taiwan: The Yellow Emperor. Who is the real Yellow Emperor? Both? Neither?

Mixing them up sounds good.

We'll do a little MM to start.

WHEN YOU'RE READY ROLL 1D20 FOR ARCHETYPE

Rolled 11 (1d20)

We need a team of engineers and diplomats that try to develop the Earth and the entire multiverse into a stronger, more developed whole.

ARGO is more Fantastic Four. These guys would be the ones stopping wars between universes and regulating travel between the worlds to keep things from exploding, but they're pro-mingling and pro-development and pro-sharing ideas.

Super-problem solvers is what I'm getting at.

Planetary would probably be their closest analog. How can we protect the universe and make it better at the same time?

I see them working with Phoenix a lot. So maybe another kind of bird?

What do you think thread? Is this an idea worth developing?

What's a really weird bird?

Powerhouse

YES YES YES! I was wondering when we'll finally get one.

ROLL FOR ABILITIES

Rolled 5 (1d20)

Hebi is a clone that was made only to kill. She deserves to suffer
Hopefully she's a little different than Blue Cobalt

Hi anons. Sorry I've been quiet for a while. Its been a busy couple days.
Plus I start a new job tomorrow. So personal attendence in these threads will be spotty.

Posting the remainder of this user's ranger requests.

Otherwise what's happened while i was out?

So it goes without saying that the actual explorers of ARGO are called Argonauts right?

Do we have someone named Jason written up?

I still have very fond memories of that Ray Harryhausen flick.

Palefag here, finished the first File. You can see it here

ALTERNATE FORM: Body made of rocks or metal.

...Could this be a Kirby Monster for Palmetto Bug's team? A QT with metal bod? A big rock guy?

ROLL FOR ADVANTAGES

We made a Teenage Doom Patrol called the Outliers and an evil Teen Titans called DEF to oppose Junior Generals. Pale Rider got a dropbox.

There was also an user last thread who seemed like his players might have a Magical Realm issue.

Rolled 19 (1d20)

Definitely going to be a Jason.

Argo, Phoenix, and now these other guys...going to have to be something mythical sounding.

>Quick: You're faster than you look

Interesting...probably not a Kirby Monster then.

ROLL 2D20 FOR SKILLS

Rolled 10 (1d20)

New to /ccg/ how do we go about rolling up new characters? I'm interested in making a character for the United Front to represent Australia, potentially.

We use a couple of randoizers, usually Mutants and Mastermind's GM Kit. It can be found through the game sources link in the OP.

We're also in the process of making randomizers based on the different ages of comic book story telling.

Rolled 13 (1d20)

We just do what we're doing now, someone with a book or pdf for a generator asks for rolls, different people roll for different traits without any kind of order, and we all make a character together.

Feel free to jump in anytime.

EX MILITARY
ROUGH UPBRINGING

ROLL 1D20 FOR FIRST POWER

We've also been creating our own character generators. See

Rolled 18 (1d20)

Heh, I just realized the opening of Captain America 2 was a reference to this.

Oh, okay cool. I don't have the kit and can't profess to know MM too well, since I'm only learning the system now in advance of an upcoming MM session. My previous cape experiences were using BESM and another uncommon system I've forgotten the name of.

I have about 15 or so Australian heroes from the game sessions we played of that old campaign, when we were all members of the ASHES, a national government-backed supersquad fighting kaiju that escaped into the Pacific and other weird stuff. I figured one of those guys might work for United Front.

They could. Just write them up for us. Cape World has some Australian Lore you might want to look over (link in OP) but Cape World isn't meant to bind people to canon.

If you have a cool idea just put it out. The thread's for more cape creation than just Cape World after all.

Russos know their comics.

SUPER STRENGTH

Roll For Offensive Power II!

Rolled 18 (1d20)

Thunderclap!

So a super strong, surprisingly fast metal/rock character with a thunderclap...

Super Strength gives the character Super Stamina, and we need to

ROLL 2D10 FOR DEFENSIVE POWERS

Rolled 8, 8 = 16 (2d10)

Can he switch the rock/metal on and off or is it permanent?

Thanks user. I'll try and do a pale pic once i give it a read through.

Its up to us. So they could be a switcher like Colossus.

Anyone remember "Thing Ring do your Thing"? They could be like that.

LIFE SUPPORT. So while armored up they don't need air, food, water, or anything like that.

Reroll the eight!

Rolled 9 (1d10)

Roll again!

Rolled 1 (1d10)

i'm confused but i'll do what you say

Thank you, mostly just glad people like it. I'm not very experienced at this whole writing thing, so it's a bit odd when my only experience is being a shitty Questmaster on hiatus due to low playercount.

The next file takes place at a New York ball during the Roaring 20's, mostly inspired by the old detective comics. There may be breaks in Case File format, but that is explained by a scribing enchanted book.

WARNING: Spoilers actually are spoilers, but not major. If you care about knowing who may appear in the next File, read with caution.

Slated Appearances:
Heart Throb
Baroness Bizarre
Ghost o'Jarone
Any other suggestions?

Also, File 1 included the backstory for Otherthing.

>steelo
>n. style.
> e.g. What you lack is steelo! Style! Class! You are dull!

Please make a fashionista gal who is like a younger Edna Mode but also an actual superhero. Deceptively strong and nimble and lithe.

For modern characters
>THE HAMFISTED MINORITY
Roll another archytype, but make them a person of colour, gay or trans. All this character's villains must be poorly-written strawmen of the writer's pet political issues.
I'm not a fan of nu-Marvel is what I'm saying.

>Heart Throb
Oh gawd, the teenager that wants to bone Trinity is like 100. I really hope she wasn't a team Edward because this relationship has potential to be horrifying

Great job with those spoilers m8.

Besides, this is the origin of him, so he's still under 100, just by a bit though. I took a page from the backstory of Dio because reasons.

The 9 landed in the same bracket for the Life Support powers.

INVULNERABILITY: The character has immunity from our choice of:

Cold, Electricity, Weather, Fire, Magic, Radiation, or Sonic.

What are they immune from? First reply gets it.

Possibly German? Not one of their robots, but she has expertise in selling fashion to them whether its a new chassis or a set of flattering clothes.

She specializes in fashion for women with odd skin tones and forms. Metal Girls, Hulk Girls, Thing Girls, etc. Also robot girls.

Steelo is a cool name. I say go with it.

Pic related is a good "start" for her appearance.

Magic plz

My logic here is how you can get metal fatigue from vibrations (eg sonic) and obviously cold fractures, heat warping and electricity basically just being conducted through you supereffectively, while cold iron was a regular thing in warding off magic in folktales.

Well, why not have her be normally a regular person, but she can grow out a very fashionable metal exoskeleton at will.

Oh, which file are these tables in?

>Oh darling, no no no, you simply cannot combine granite and silk, are you trying to make me retch?
>Dumbkopf! For such a blue skintone you absolutely must contrast it with white and silver, you want to accentuate your curves, ja?
>I shall handstitch your nanosteel plated corset myself! None of these silly little wussy fragile seamstresses have the fingerstrength to penetrate high-tensile alloy fabrics!

Magic it is!

I see Steelo being apart of a team that manages relationships between robots and humans. She's a human woman comfortable in robot culture, and robots are comfortable about her appearance.

Steelo believes in her fashion, and is more than a little arrogant about it. She believes that she can bring humans and robots together by creating fashion label that serves them both.

Everyone wants to look their best. Everyone wants to look-Steelo.

She's probably made swimsuits and outfits for Virginia Daring.

THIS

ROLL 1D20 FOR MOVEMENT POWERS

Pic is another Steelo appearance inspiration.

5th edition folder, Game Master's Kit.

How does this all tie into her military/rough background?

Rough upbringing was a military dad, she was one of those kids always moving from place to place as her dad got bounced around. A proper army brat. Presumably her dad being absent and when at home dealing with war traumas leads into some avenues for a hard childhood.

Joins the military to try to understand her father better or something, but eventually comes to understand that the PTSD has wounded him too deeply and he's basically an asshole regardless of if it's his fault. Gets discharged for reasons and then decides to take up fashion work, initially just as something completely opposite to army work, but it turns out she loves it and is really good at it.

Or something like that?

Oh snap, I forgot about that...

How about her having a hard life growing up because people teased her about being a halfie? Robots teased her for having a soft human side and humans teased her for having a hard robot side.

She defies preconceptions. She prefers her super form and doesn't change back unless its to build up muscles and tone (she finds it easier to sculpt her body in her flesh form) but she identifies as a human, not a robot.

Her story says that its okay to be proud to be in one group and not another but still be interested in and appreciative of other groups and their cultures. You don't have to BE apart of a group to understand and appreciate it.

Her military background comes She's a miliary brat, and dad wants her to be a "real" super hero and focusing on her girly fashion career.

She tried a round of military service in the German army to please the old man but just couldn't click with it, especially the discipline and uniforms.

Basically dad wanted a tomboy and got a fashionista instead.

She still knows how to fight. She's a quick, agile opponent who knows how to make sonic blasts with her super strength claps and stomps.

For added flavor have her metal body be...I dunno how to describe it, like a musical instrument? You bang on it and it makes sound, and she can use this property to make offensive sonic blasts through claps and what not.

IS THIS GOOD?

Hm. Grows up in a rough neighbourhood. Gang wars, police brutality, and violent civil disputes are pretty common. She sees people get hurt every day, but thinks that ultimately big picture protection will never trickle down far enough. No, people need physical protection from harm. She works hard in school, gets into a good university, becomes a materials engineer, and finally signs on with the military. She ends up working to try and produce next generation body armors for soldiers. Her ulterior plan is try to produce armor that's cheap, protective, and won't effect someone's everyday life so that people who live in dangerous places can always have some safety. Eventually the group creates a prototype liquid nano-armor that gets applied directly to the skin. Of course, it goes partially wrong when she tests it on herself. It doesn't come off, and it has a few surprising side effects. Super villains attack trying to steal a sample, and the lab is destroyed along with all existing material. After that, she's discharged with honors but decides to take up work as a super hero/equipping super heroes.

Fashion doesn't come up in that rundown, but I'm sure we could fit it in.

I don't know. I kind of figured her to be a fashionista from before the military. I just don't see her being apart of a nano-armor experiment. But we can use the rough neighborhood thing, it justifies why she was teased so much growing up. This okay?

Naw, disregard what I wrote, I suck cocks. I think the nano-experiment could tie into her fashion stuff. Clothes that wont' tear on super people AND clothes for people that live in dangerous environments can come from the same place.

I think this works with the other stuff.

Rolled 16 (1d20)

Steelo's team name should be called something like "Steel Hearts". Bringing peace between humans and robots and helping out if other super teams need it, especially if robotics are involved in their missions.

Steel Hearts an okay name?

SUPER MOVING: Leaps 1,000 feet, runs 60 MPH.

It fits her "speedy bruiser" build.

Does she sound like a chime when she moves? Could she be like, a walking wind chime?

ROLL 1D20 FOR UTILITY POWERS

Rolled 1 (1d20)

>Walking wind chime
Sounds good to me!

Nice bit of flavor to the character, and a bit of an additional weakness, too; can't be too stealthy.

Rolled 10 (1d20)

Enhanced Senses: Senses 5 (Extended Auditory 2,
Extended Vision 2, Low-light Vision)

If we use this for the next Archetype roll it would be the Paragon

ENHANCED SENSES: low light vision, extended auditory and visual range.

Would help with the fashion designing.

So we created metal mod and a German hero team that isn't rescue-based. Neat!

Want to roll more?

Is Nightingale an okay name? A small bird that makes a beautiful sound throughout all of creation. That's the group's goal, to fill the world with beautiful and strange sounds, ideas, and art.

WANT TO ROLL FOR MORE?

Sure senpai

These characters and organizations are starting to run into each other. Can we stop and actually get a headcount of who is in what, and who each character is?

Would Paragon be alright?

Phoenix is search and rescue. Nightingale is development and peace building.They use their own superhuman as agents but often hire superhuman teams with specialties. Phoenix will call Deutsch Liga if the disaster is particularly bad, like a cosmic thunderstorm. Nightingale will call Steel Hearts if they're negotiating with mechanical space aliens looking for their creator.
Phoenix and Nightingale could be "mission dispensers" for PC groups. They're big organizations in a superhero universe that AREN'T paramilitary based like SHIELD or CHECKMATE and some players might find that refreshing.

Should there BE a big international SHIELD like group in Cape World or would "the UN is on the hotline" cover for them?

I presume the UF is the SHIELD of the Cape World.

Rolled 5 (1d20)

Sure.

Yeah, we haven't had a lot of those, have we? Kind of odd.

No, not really. The United Front is the international version of the Statesmen; a collection of representative heroes that is more for politics than actual effectiveness, though both teams have members that are trying to make it an actual effective team. There's no real coordination or vast resources behind them with the purpose of keeping the world safe.

I don't think Cape World has any one SHIELD parallel; each country has an organization, some have several, that are similar in nature, though. Organisations like Phoenix, a "massive and global emergency and rescue service" or smaller, nation-specific variants, plus your usual military and espionage stuff.

The Team is pretty close to the Avengers, though, a collection of the hardest hitting heroes the governments of the world could find.

We haven't fleshed out the Team much, though. Honestly I kind of like it that way. The identities and existence of the absolute top highest tier heroes is such a well-kept secret that even we don't know it. And it gives GMs the freedom to fill it out for themselves.

Alright. Let's see if I got this straight.

INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATIONS (aka quest givers):

Phoenix: Search and Rescue. Helps people survive when the sky turns red and gods start fighting.

Nightingale: Peace Building and Development. "Super Problem Solvers" that find ways to apply super technology to make Earth a better place. They want a free, peaceful exchange of knowledge throughout space, the 3 Earths, and the multiverse

ARGO: Exploration, in contrast to Nightingale which works to incorporate what ARGO finds into a harmonious, peaceful world. ARGO are super astronaughts. Nightingale is super-diplomats and engineers. ARGO finds Earth-98, Nightingale sends diplomats to it. Based in NYC.

The UN (United Front and The Team. United Front being a group of representative heroes based on the Statesmen model and The Team being an elite group.)

After that you get different super groups depending on the country, some of which are more "traditional" than others. For example, the US has a bajillion traditional style teams including The Statesmen and all their associated sub-teams and The Generals.

Germany on the other hand has Deutsch Liga which specializes in disaster relief and emergency rescue even more so than Phoenix who sometimes calls on them to handle the situations they can't. Steel Hearts is a super team that works to make peace between Germany's people and robots. They fight robot bigots and human bigots alike, but they do more than just fight. They try to find ways to bring humans and robots together like Steelo and her fashion for both humans and robots.

Forgot to ask, does this clear things up for you?

It helps.

There has to be some holdover from the Cold War that survived to the modern era, the international secret peacekeeper force, where some of the best superspies in the world served to protect the peace from those who would try to take over the world. It remains a superspy resevoir and helps maintain good intelligence (as opposed to evil intelligence).

When cream-of-the-crop superspies thought this was acceptable dress.

>The Team's identity is never revealed.

...You know, I actually really like this idea. The Team is the "all star" group that the GM and players can fill with their favorites. The pdf could have some "suggested" teams but nothing "in canon".

The Team stands the best chance of saving the day because they're you're favorite team-ups. I like that, it appeals to the little kid in me.

It'll get easier when we start getting proper write ups for each country. Just remember there are two levels, national and international at work here. If you have any questions I can help, I've worked on Cape World sense the beginning.

Here's the million dollar question. SHOULD Cape World have a SHIELD/Checkmate group? I kind of like that the big powers in the world aren't paramilitary. It's a very hopeful message that the guys telling the super people what to do aren't basically CIA spooks.

That being said, am I understanding this right in thinking that the group will be pro-information instead of "Sorry Cap that's classified?"

Could we have a group that's more Science Ninja Gatchaman and less SHIELD?

So basically, should we have a SHIELD and if we do what is it like? Ninjas hanging out with Bonds?

MAN OF ACTION: You’re the height of human perfection,
whether through a lifetime of experimental training or
due to influence from some outside source.

WE DOC SAVAGE NOW BOYS.

Roll 1D20 for Advantages!

Global Intelligence Network and its counterpart the Tactical Operations, Navigation & Intelligence Command.

Rolled 18 (1d20)

Oh good Doc has a friend other than Baron now.
Yeah. Super spies have always been a thing for cape shit

At the very least, it will be international. It does its best not to be beholden to any one government, though naturally, some nations will be more prominent than others. I imagine there would be SOME information that's on a need-to-know basis with the rest of the superheroic community. It's something of a melting pot for the various intelligence organizations to dip into (CIA, MI5, the Public Security Intelligence Agency [Japan], etc). And yes, there will be ninjas, because fuck you, Japan does what it wants.
>British agent can't stop leering at the Japanese agent
>"Now there's a rising sun I'd love to see every morning."

I think what we've been doing, forming redundant and often overlapping groups of similar natures, is the way to go.

Different countries form different organisations to fulfill the same SHIELD-esque roles, some more secretive or corrupt than others. And have there be differences throughout time, too. Organisations can dissolve or join together.

I think that if we go with this approach, there is a lot more freedom to tell what story you want, and you can have more action where these groups overlap. Hopeful message Group A may be suspicious of corrupt and secretive Group B, and Group B may see Group A as dangerous and irresponsible. Build some friction there. Things could get really interesting if you put politics into it, especially if you play with what time you're in. Group C and Group D may have the same goal and similar methods, but if it's during the Cold War and they belong to countries on opposing sides or allied with countries on opposing sides, things could get interesting.

Though I do see conflict getting less common, things getting more unified as time goes on. Moving from individual government agencies to "super spy" networks.

>Not "now there's a rising sun I'd "get up" for every morning"

Only the top-tier ninjas, though. To reiterate from the original writeup about superspies:

>Naturally, the Japanese did things their own way. When they weren't dressed trendy and following the trends of other superspies around the world, Japan's superspies were straight-up ninjas. I mean, why not leverage what you've already got? Some organizations claimed to have ninjas on their payroll, but the truly good ninjas would never submit themselves to merely be mooks. They had their own techniques, their own tools, their own ways to get to where they needed to go, and - to be expected - they were famously dangerous in close quarters combat. Some ninjas even moonlighted as demon hunters, as some of their ancestors did before them. The Japanese "superspy" really was something of a dynamo.

>>the truly good ninjas would never submit themselves to merely be mooks
>As in, the "good" ninja agents were one-man armies like any other superspy. The two-bit ninja mooks you see deployed en masse by certain villanous organizations were not of the same caliber. Sure, it would kick up a fuss back in Japan if any given ninja clan (and trust me, there were plenty of those) aligned with an evil group and offered their ninjas as footsoldiers, and that clan would be dealt with domestically while the international superspy wrecked the mooks out in the field.

But then you run into the "alphabet soup" issue, where it's difficult to keep track of every single organization, to the point where it's exceedingly difficult NOT to step on someone's toes.

>bakka jyanai no!

> Moving from individual government agencies to "super spy" networks
> I imagine there would be SOME information that's on a need-to-know basis with the rest of the superheroic community. It's something of a melting pot for the various intelligence organizations to dip into (CIA, MI5, the Public Security Intelligence Agency [Japan], etc). And yes, there will be ninjas, because fuck you, Japan does what it wants.

I think this works. Really well as a matter of fact. They're big on unity and openness more than SHIELD and Checkmate. but still have a few secrets.

Cape World has tended to be more multinational than other worlds, probably because it's more open with the super science, magic, and aliens. And its a hopeful message showing that all these secret organizations can overcome national boundaries to share secrets with each other for the common good.

Also I'd love to see a team with a ninja and Bond agent working together.

I think we're good if we don't grow our international roster anymore. The countries having similar super teams shouldn't really be a problem because the countries in Cape World have their own gimmicks and cultures. If the PCs are a Japanese super team they'll be dealing with different things than if they were a Greek super team or an Australian Super Team.

With a spy group I think we'll have all the angles covered at the International Stage.

What do we call it? Another bird name?

>Sorry honey I don't speak Japanese. So why don't we put that beautiful mouth to another, better use?

WEALTHY

We're a wealthy man of action!

ROLL 2D20 FOR SKILLS

Rolled 19 (1d20)

>I said, I'm not your partner.
>HE'S your partner.

First is SCIENCE!

Roll for the next!

Rolled 4 (1d20)

ATHLETE!

Some sort of "super-sports" character like Hoosier and Pitt Fighter that uses his winnings to finance his scientific experiments? A modern Renaissance man who perfects his mind and body through a regiment that includes science experiments and sports like Judo and fencing?

We don't roll for the first power because we're a MAN OF ACTION. instead we take FIND WEAKNESS.

Could this guy be apart of this super spy network we're talking about?

Our Defensive Powers are picked as Immunity (Life Support) and Invulnerability.

ROLL 1D20 FOR MOVEMENT POWER