Can you recommend me some fantasy literature about Paladins or Paladin-like themes?

Can you recommend me some fantasy literature about Paladins or Paladin-like themes?
Also post Paladins.

Other urls found in this thread:

d.lib.rochester.edu/teams/text/laskaya-and-salisbury-middle-english-breton-lays-sir-launfal
rpo.library.utoronto.ca/poems/sir-gawain-and-green-knight
archive.org/details/huondebordeauxch00gues
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

d.lib.rochester.edu/teams/text/laskaya-and-salisbury-middle-english-breton-lays-sir-launfal

rpo.library.utoronto.ca/poems/sir-gawain-and-green-knight

archive.org/details/huondebordeauxch00gues

For all the shitty bastards in A Song of Ice and Fire, those books have one of the best paladin characters I've ever seen. Ser Barristan Selmy is an old man but still a skilled warrior, who just wants to do his duty in protecting the king, but instead he is doomed to suffering and exile. Even there, he has yet to sacrifice honor or justice.

While it's not about them predominantly, the Traitor Son series features Paladins and magic Knights.
The main cast also gets more noble as the series goes on and the main character develops into a muscle wizard

The Ingenious Gentleman Don Quixote of La Mancha
The Life and Opinions of Tristram Shandy, Gentleman
Candide: or, Optimism

Three Hearts and Three Lions.

>Candide: or, Optimism
Are you serious nigga?

>not using Brienne as paladin example

"The Paladin" by CJ Cherryh is probably the first one that comes to mind.

I need more pics like OP.

Paladin of the Elf variety.

The Deed of Paksenarrion by Elizabeth Moon

Well, if you want to read about Paladins, you should read the literature where the name was actually coined.

Namely the legends of Charlemagne. Try the version in Bulfinch's Mythology.

thats not a paladin you stupid treenigger

>Not posting Sir Jamie Lanniser as the a-typical Knight or Paladin really would be like.
>Not posting Sir Barristan Selmy of the romantic version of what a Paladin is
>Not posting Madam Brienne as what the progressive movement want a heroic knight to be.
>Not posting Lord Snow as what a Paladin really is like.

All good characters though, at least in the books.

>Not Lord Snow, Eddard Stark.

Is that series any good?
I've seen it hanging around and I wondered if it's worth a quick look

Eddard is such a great example of a character whose obsession with honour is more of a flaw than a strength; especially when it concerns realpolitik.

That is most Paladins in a nutshell.

This is one of my favorite pieces of fantasy art. I don't know why. You can't tell if the people in the rear are cheering or booing, that the Princess knows a dark secret as to why they are doing so, the closeness to her faithful knight she has, the raised hand to his arm and the knights cloak and arm around her to shield her further.

Can I get source?

Happy people generally do not render veggies and fruit airborne. Also, the bottom corner of the shield has splatter coming off it, implying the projectile fruit is being thrown at her, or maybe knight dude.