Warmahordes General

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader com / 5wm4h
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime
List building at
forwardkommander.com
schlaf.github.io/whac_online/whac.html
Latest Errata
privateerpress.com/files/WM MKII Rules Errata Jan 2016.pdf
Steamroller Rules
privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments
The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums
Table of contents for all NQ issues
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues
Abridged Lore
gargantuans abridged:pastebin.com/XPKMKYUc
Exigence abridged: pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv
devastation abridged: pastebin.com/KxkzfnXj
Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
What factions do you play, not just own but actually play?
strawpoll.me/10138678

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/PAsSN
imgur.com/a/OLjZO
imgur.com/a/0MFRI
imgur.com/a/R3TbB
imgur.com/a/esFZS
imgur.com/a/DFJ8v
imgur.com/a/UHS7q
imgur.com/a/7MNrx
imgur.com/a/0LEvy
imgur.com/a/Z29ZJ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Me and some friends are starting up some "home made" Journeyman game when mk3 hits the shelves.
Mostly for shits and giggles, we all start with one of the new boxes and work ourselves from that point, escalating the games every week. Painting benefits from bonus points and so forth.

Question, how would you go about it. Take a box from a team you already own (as I own a lot.... ) and ad shit you have owned already when escalating. Or just fucking go for it, take something you think looks cool, and roll with it?

Anyone got a link to the spoiler dump?

do you want to play a new faction?
pick one. if not;
then get the box you already own a bunch of, i guess picking the one you like most if you have lots of armies.

but that's kinda stank.
if you have a fully painted army, and want bonus points for painting you can dedicate more time to the model or three and therefore get a better paint job than some player who is trying to paint thirty models in the same time.

but its a game. pick whatever you want.

Are the starter boxes actually worth it? 5 units seems like you can hardly play, though it's not bad for $30

Wait for the new ones. And yes they are worth their price.

Rulebook and Markers included i would say yes. Also the new casters are dope

>Want a new faction?
Well, thats not really fair to ask one addicted to wargaming is it? Its like turning up at your local junkie, offering him some new, heavier drugs he normally doesn't use.
So yea, I want to start a new army, but thats just my boy´ish nature of things, the kidult in me shouting how cool it would be to own a Khador army, or start painting some Skorne or some shit like that!

>Bonus points for already painted models

This is my second point, for a starter, its not really fun to ad stuff you already own! Second, it would be kind of cheating wouldn't it.

I would go retribution or CoC if I should pick a team I already got, Benefit of Rets is that they seem to fucking rock in this edition, benefit of CoC is that I own the things you need for the made up starter privateer press has released.

If I where to go a new team I got two slots opened in mind
Khador - They simply seems like one of those teams that will end up on the winning end in this edition. Bonus point for also being able to play Khador with jacks now, something I have always wanted to do. And to be frank, their starter seems solid as fuck!

Downside is I already have like 4 factions to Warmachine, and my friend has a big Khador army he never fielded in mk2, because in his opinion they lacked power. I have a feeling this will change now.

Skorne is my second pick, and judging from the public verdict, they seem to get, in contrast of Khador, the loosing end of the bargain. Practically the few things usable was nerfed, with slight buffs to a few ranged units. I'm not one of the naysayer, but in truth, it does look a bit grim for this team.
The plus side though is that they have some of the coolest esthetics of all teams, and I would just love to paint some of this up!
And though nerfs and shit-talk, I do see hope for this faction, I can just imagine advancing from the starter box with a unit of Cataphract Cetrati with a Agonizer behind.

>the new casters are dope
I like how Maddox is basically a good Sturgis.

seconding this, I wanna know how squishy stormblades are.

12/15 sqishy. Which is weird as Storm Lances are 13/17 now.

The UA does grant them Iron Zeal (now only +3ARM) though.

stormblade infantry
leader
5 6 7 5 12 15 8
rng 6 rof 1 pow 14
rng 2 pow 9 p+s 15

grunt
5 6 7 5 12 15 8
rng 4 rof 1 pow 12
rng 1 pow 7 p+s 15

leader
electrical arc: While within 5˝ of this model, other models in
this unit gain +2 RNG to ranged attacks and +2 to melee and ranged attack damage rolls.

leader+5grunts
pc 10

Effective ps 17 in cc for a infantry is pretty brutal!
Hell, even the old bane thralls had an effective ps of this including dark shroud and the bonus die.

Also just have a look at the ranged weapon of the stormblade infantry leader. I mean the french version. It sounds like joke french.

>Effective ps 17
No.

>ps 15 +2 on melee and ranged attack damage roll when within 5" of leader in a 6 man small based unit (which will be, you guessed it, always!) = ps 17

Someone needs to learn how to count.

Did you even read the card? If yes, read it again.

Oh. This guy made a typo. Only the leader has P+S15, the grunts still have 13. It's basically just as in MK2, just with slightly different wording.

No, I red what I posted on,

What made you think differently?
If you post 2+2, Ill answer 4, this guy posted an infantry model with p+s 15, with the rule Electrical arc, so this is what I answered to since nobody has corrected him.

Now which is it, did he post the wrong rules, in which case I'm not to blame. Or did he post the right rules, which makes you a cunt.

Ah, then its not so bad I guess. They would hit like a truck otherwise. Still, not to shabby, but nothing to brag about. Clocking in at an average of 26 on the charge is at least something though, might even scare some heavy away!

yeah obviously i typo.

if you look through rest you will see what the pow is and what the str is.
so just p+s is wrong.

my bad. change your sanitary product.

Well they are the exact same as before. Only changes are on the UA. It's 5 points instead of 6(=2*3). It has Iron Zeal. The Flag doesn't give them AoEs anymore but counts as a Stormcaller.

Other than that, tier cost just doubled and their CMD might be lower.

Oh no. I'm full of shit. The Leader now has 2" melee and the rest has 1".

Also, the ranged weapon of the leader is called "ÉCLAIR DE BAGUETTE-TEMPÊTE" in french. Hilarious if you ask me.

>storm lances are 13/17

This is silly. Why does getting a horse give you extra defense? Is it because you're quicker?

Stormlances are going to be as awesome as ever. Maddox seems like a brutally solid caster. +3 STR for EVERYTHING in control, beat back and +3ARM and tough for stormblades/lances will make melee attacks pow18 on stormblades with beat back and arm 21 and tough with no knockdowns for a single turn.

Of course they probably die in droves unless they pop iron zeal, and even then they still probably die. 5+ tough either works too well or does nothing.

>stormblades with beat back
Is some really dumb shit.

>charge a jack with 2 stormblades
>blade1 hits, beatbacks
>blade2 is out of range to attack
>blade1: "oops"

Point is, most of the time you'll be better off forgetting about the Beat Back part of the otherwise completely fine feat.

I think beat back is optional.

Reading the card, it says "immediately after an attack made by a weapon with beat back is resolved, the enemy model hit CAN be pushed back 1 bla bla bla". So beat back is optional, and mostly only relevant to get Maddox into position or use your jacks to whip theirs around.

Mercs imgur.com/a/PAsSN
Khador imgur.com/a/OLjZO
Cryx imgur.com/a/0MFRI
Trolls imgur.com/a/R3TbB

Menoth: imgur.com/a/esFZS
Skorne: imgur.com/a/DFJ8v

Yeah. What I'm saying is you'll hardly ever find a good reason to use it.

anybody have imgur link for Minions, Retribution, Cygnar, and Circle?

they were uploaded by imgur user ldukes

Oh of course, it's fucking awful to use on anything except jacks, maddox herself and maybe the stormlances, but when it works it will work wonders.

The +3 POW to melee weapons is what makes her though. That's a huge swing in terms of damage.

>eVayl went from being the strongest Legion caster to being in competition with Rhyas for potentially the weakest

Any tips from Gator players? I like all the warlocks, I like the look of all the beasts but have no time for the light croc and I will own one of every Gator man unit except the zombie bog trogs. What do I need to pick up to make this playable?

I own
>Bog trogs (10)
>Gator posse x2
>Croaks (10)
>Swamp gobbers
>Elf bitch and big snake
>Totem hunter
>Anti-legion elf bitch

>mfw vayl can't triple 'blit my caster to death any more
>mfw legion in general feels a whole lot more balanced
>mfw thinking of all the salty Lylyth2 and Vayl2 players that will be flooding forums

Legion: imgur.com/a/UHS7q
Circle: imgur.com/a/7MNrx
Cygnar: imgur.com/a/0LEvy

>mfw I can now build the small Lylyth2 army I always wanted without being shouted at by people at my club

Retribution: imgur.com/a/Z29ZJ

Might have something to do by being tall in the saddle. You know, medieval infantry had to have hook like weapons to dry and drag the well armored knight down from the horse. So while not being the best of things to describe with a +1 def, it might simply suggest that these guys are harder to hit, because theres a horse in the way.

But when on the subject of silly, why on menoths sandy ass, why oh why did the army receive the flame bringer cavalry? Seriously, ok, this is supposed to be fantasy with a steam punk edge, but who puts girls with knives on horses and imagine this would be a good idea?
In a time when the community where screaming for zealots on horseback, with saddle pack filled to the brim with bombs (a brilliant idea and concept to be honest!), privateer press went with a retarded idea mounted on land-seals.

>salty Lylyth2 players
Everyone who played Lylyth2 knew that she was long overdue for a nerf. She's still going to see time on the field since Archers and Raptors are going to be absolutely ridiculous with her.

Now if someone wants to assassinate you on the top of 2, they're just going to play Lylyth3.

On a scale of

"its fucked" to "yeah we good"

How did Skorne do in mk3? Especially Molik Karn.

I didn't even look at the minion one. So I don't know where to find that one.

Right now Skorne is at the "oh god, everything we know is wrong" phase.

It feels like PP nerfed a bunch of the shit we used to play (I.E. most of our beasts) but tried to buff some of the infantry and switched how some of the casters play.

Right now it's a lot of doom and gloom though. Overall, Skorne are probably in the same exact position they were in before.

Bombs and horses is worse than horses and knives. Try throwing explosives around animals and they will run the fuck away. It takes months of training for police horses not to buck the rider and run during riots.

Based on an earlier thread it sounds like these arent even the final cards. Hopefully they changed some stuff for the final round.

It's 85% fucked.

>Based on an earlier thread it sounds like these arent even the final cards.
That is wishful thinking and nothing more. But that level of desparation just shows exactly how terrible our stuff got.

Yeah realistically I don't see us changing as far as ranking in the power curve given how things look currently. There are some people saying they are "pumped" about Skorne in MK3 because of an interaction here or there and cherry picking some of the very few nice changes we received and ignoring things like the fact that Skorne not only has the most Fury 3 heavies in Hordes but are also the only Hordes faction without access to any sort of free charging with beats.

Yes, thing like eHexy Razorworm being a 28" arc node are nice. The changes to Vorkesh are nice, granted, the Cetrati+ Vorkesh combo is 1 point more expensive than Full Man-o-War shocktroops+UA+ Man-o-War Kovnik package...

The people who are going against the general consensus on Skorne right now because they need to feel special or different really aren't looking at things as a whole, or even better are using the "We don't know everything!" Argument...which counteracts their own reasons for being "pumped"

For MK...Only gets side step with Makedas, Side step no longer ignored Free Strikes, otherwise the same.

Eh, I wouldn't have that much hope.

from everything we've heard from people who actually know, the cards seem to be legit.

I personally don't think the state of Skorne is AS BAD as some people are making it out to be but I do think Skornes play style is completely shifted and people are going to have to change how/what they play.

Overall though, I don't think Skorne has changed on the "power" ranking. They are probably still in the exact same spot (lower third) in terms of faction ranking. Unless something we haven't seen comes out (Theme forces?).

Out of everything, my biggest gripes are still that the Rhinodon and Archadon somehow got worse for no reason. Also hate that the Hydra stayed the same but with some extra boxes. Otherwise, everything seems workable.

>Skornes play style is completely shifted
Well what IS the new Skorne playstyle? Having 4-5 playable warlocks?

>hey are probably still in the exact same spot (lower third) in terms of faction ranking
And who would be below that? Don't you dare say Minions.

God damn it PP, you had one job. One job! You could have at least tried to make him worth playing, guess he'll shot unpainted on my shelf forever now

Mk4, get hype

So, going over the Circle cards again.

Unhappy with the Satyrs -- never played them before, but at least the Riphorn was marginal. Now only the Shadowhorn is marginal.

Really salty that Ravagers lost Brutal Charge, as that was basically our only armor cracking option on infantry. They're now monsters at clearing infantry, but lost AD to actually threaten quickly, and then there's the whole thing that Mk3 is the battlegroup faction, so how worthwhile is infantry clear now anyway?

Reeves going to ROF 2 would have been nice in Mk2. Trash in Mk3.

Sentry Stone looks playable.

Blackclads and Druids got Prowl. eMorv still has Fog of War. Even post nerf I still think she's our best caster. Both Kromacs look really strong, and between picking up upkeep hate resistance and the Woldwrath buffs, I think pMorv is going to be up there as well.

Woldwyrd looks playable with ROF 3.

Why did Blood Pack get nerfed? I *like* them, but I've never accused them of being particularly strong, let alone overpowered.

Heart Eater allowing undead and friendly targets is going to be interesting.

On the whole I think I'm one or two nerfs past being excited for Circle as a whole -- I *really* don't like the loss of infantry armor cracking options. Given that a) everyone who isn't Khador or Ret got nerfed to some level or another, and b) we were pretty damn strong to start with, Circle may have gotten better against the field.

Now to dust off my magic monkey and get it painted.

this, actually.

Oh, and eKrueger is still great, and I will enjoy the Cygnar tears he causes.

I think Skorne is going to have to play more infantry heavy honestly.

It seems like Skorne got more stacking Def Buffs and anti-AOE tech so my guess would be we need to shift to more single wound infantry in an old school Khador style. Then just use our beasts as support, guns or reserve armor crackers instead of the core. Overall we lost a bunch of our beast stuff and gained small infantry buffs.

Skornes probably going to shift into a more combined arms force with more infantry than we used to run.

Hopefully we are going to get some UA's for some of our units though. Some more abilities on dudes like Karax would be real nice.

not the OP, but there is no way it's Minions. Minions actually look great in MK3 and I am seriously considering shelving Skorne to go to them, but we'll see

>Heart Eater allowing undead
Ew.

Can you faggots stop whining already? You have derailed the last 10 threads into your pity fest. It's like Skornes are the trannies of wargaming.

>Muh Molik
>muh gender pronouns
>Muh Bronzeback
>Muh oppression
>Muh Makeda

The main issue with that is Infantry heavy at least looking at it now is going to be more of a detriment than anything. The points work out to 1-2 units, 3 If you really push it and have a tiny BG. The other issue is despite the anti-AOE tech, there is still some nice Infantry hate, and with Jacks being prevalent a lot of our infantry just is not going to cut it.

>I think Skorne is going to have to play more infantry heavy honestly.
Yeah, but not due to having good infantry.

>Overall we lost a bunch of our beast stuff and gained small infantry buffs.
Aside from the Reivers we got jack shit. What else is there? If you say Krea aura I will find you and I will punch you.

>and I am seriously considering shelving Skorne to go to them
Are you me?

You will not be missed.

Skorne is currently dead last in power rankings. This was true even in Mk2, you should be used to this by now

>Skorne is going to have to play more infantry heavy
That's a really bad idea in this edition. Infantry spam is gone

Isn't part of Circle's persona that they struggle to really crack armour? They basically auto hit with the Argus now so they need to have a counter balance to that insanely powerful def nerf.

>Skorne is currently dead last in power rankings. This was true even in Mk2, you should be used to this by now
Skorne was slightly underpowered in MK2. It's a joke in MK3.

/pol/ pls stay

I would be missed a lot more than the same 3 guys crying like little girls, which completely fucks up trying to discuss the other factions because you have to go through 20 posts all the same every reply.

Idk if anyone is upset that lylith2 has been changed, for the better- she has options outside assasinate now. Besides, you can use lylith3 for your top of 1 shenanigans

What do you guys think will be the mainstays of cygnar? Especially jack wise. I'm new and I heard the game finally let's you play jacks without getting fucked, and I'm hype for cygnar

They've pretty much been a joke since the start of Mk2. Minions is a more competitive option than Skorne is right now

1. Centurion
2. Centurion
3. Centurion

Hard to say. In my personal opinion these are the top casters: Haley2/3, Sloan, Caine2, Maddox

The jacks seem really well balanced.

Also are sword knights still too pillow fisted to work? I like them and runewood

I think Charger is bee's knees now with two iniatial attacks and power up.

They didn't change at all. Oh wait, Defensive Line got worse.

Maybe? We've got fine options via beasts, only really losing on ability to escape after killing stuff in mk3.

We just never had good infantry options for it, and the best we had got nerfed, which limits how you can build an army list. Combined with mk3 looking to be heavy on jacks, it kinda shoehorns list making.

Higher defense is always better in this case. Extra armor dies nothing for them

I actually think they look half decent. Inaccurate sucks noodles, but 4" AoE isn't bad, and their animus is good for the War Wagon, as is this gunny bond.

Not saying they're a power heavy, but enough to get them off the shelf once in a while for some playtesting, especially with Gunny looking quite good.

>let's bunch up together, that makes it harder for them to hit us

Kaya 2 lets you do some insane shit. You can hold her back, feat, charge you're 10 or so inches and then teleport them back 15-20 inches back. You will have to be careful with frenzy but it gives you an insane alpha strike potential with no way for your opponent to punish it.

Kromak 2 is still and utter monster. Pow 17 is going to fuck people up.

Warpwolf shifting for strength + Pirmal is pow 19. That's armour cracking in my book.

Ghetroxis is again pow 19 and that's pre primal being cast on him.

Circle has a lot of options but it has to use synergy to get stuff done now. I think Kaya 2 is going to be a bitch to deal with now large bases will see more play. As long as you can control your frenzies (Buy a cheap disposable unit and stick them in base to base with your heavies), you can alpha strike, port away and then play for attrition.

>you're 10 or so inches

thx

why? is he better than the ironclad chassis/the other jacks on the centurion chassis?
>Haley2/3
any suggestions on what she'd like to run? I want to start buying a list

Heres your first shipment of Mrk3 Salt.

>medium infantry shat on
>Skorne defanged
>Cryx fags shaken to their core
>Menoth Choir has flimsy +2 damage
>Power Playing fags having cheeto scented panic attacks
>COC getting the advantage cause they have less models to obsess over

So am I crazy or can you spend 15 points to get 9 Stormsmith Stormcallers now? Vs 3 for 3 in MK2.

They look a bit more fair now. Though that is quite a lot of them.

everyone complaining about everything and im like
what do I want to do in MK3?
>start a new army of course, but what looks cool and will be fun no matter what
>LEGION OF COURSE
>everyone bitches about nerfs and im like
>oh boy amazon has raptors for 55 dollars.

I'm watching Facebook trade groups. I'm getting shit at 50%+ off posted. I'm going to have one hell of a Circle collection or a Minions depending on what offer comes up next..

Check your history, since the days of modern arms (black powder), war horses was regularly exposed to explosives, guns and loud noise that would occur on the field of battle. Trained specifically to withstand these noises and to keep discipline.
Besides, one of the two are possible
>Knife as a weapon on a horse
>thrown grenades as a weapon on a horse
Now, we know that horses can be trained to withstand the noise, Given the setting, Id even throw in a ear cover in the latest of steam punk fashion.
With the right training and equipment this wouldn't at all be such a bad idea at the time.

The other option is simply useless. Sure, you could argue that these limber women throw themselves at the side, trying to cut at the foe. But its not only unnecessary, as a charging war horse on its own is far more capable of taking care of this job on its own, it would also require the unit to fall out in strange formations, taking risks way above reason.

All I'm saying is, why didn't pp simply give them light spears, or failing that, cavalry sabers. As they stand now, Id be glad to change the rules to "When this unit has made a successful charge, replace it with a unit of daughters of the flame", only using the horse as means for transportation, jumping of at arrival. This way, they could actually use the weapons they wield.

Because it's ARM 21 and can spend a focus to not be able to be charged/slammed from the front

I'm not even mad about the nerfs. I'm just mad that Rhyas got nothing and got made weaker in return for years of meta obscurity.

... Design Space achieved at least. Legion us going to be fun to figure out again.

There is a difference of playing a great list and being a great player. Mk3 has put emphasis on the latter I think.

Not from their own side they weren't. There is a difference between firing a rifle down the line and the guy on your back throwing bombs at people.

They are stupidly good now. Imagine walking a wall of 3 of those fuckers, disrupting the enemy opportunity to gain the benefit of a charge....

Well, I'm aiming for Skorne in this ed anyway, Ill slam those fuckers (or aim at something behind, if I am not allowed to slam straight on) sky high and watch and see what 6 pow 18 + 1 pow 17 can do (average of 31 boxes mind you, The Centurion has 30 boxes unless this has changed). How much does the new centurion cost?

is the reliant any good?
I also like the rules for the stormclad, he'll probably be my main heavy with Maddox when I'm running stormguard

>How much does the new centurion cost?
17 pc

He is pretty damn good I think.

You can watch old cavalry training vids on YouTube. It shows soldiers on horseback firing guns and the like close to the horse JUST to scare it. Repeat this enough times and you get a descent war horse that wont run away at the first sound of cannons, pistols and rifles, well, the sound of war to be exact.
There will always be tricks to do use war horses, such as blinding them just before a charge by pulling the head down to stare at the ground. A horse would never run willingly in to a wall of men you see, but we have overcome this weakness by hard training and neat tricks. Same goes with loud noises.
What we cant change though is the laws of logic, and a knife blade wont be as big as you want it to bee when sitting up on a horse. Hell, even if they where wielding machete, which they ain't, it would still be a knife (though granted a big one).
So just swallow up that pride and say "ok, I agree, wielding a knife on horseback is stupid, and I was wrong about war horses and loud noises", no need to be grumpy about it.

this thread rules bros

It only works against melee.

Thats pretty descent now, especially as you get a bonus focus for free to activate that "nu hu" look when your opponent aims to charge you.

You will of course be swarmed by something fast running up instead, but it doesn't change the fact that you can really fuck your enemies battle plan with those guys!

>Descent
kek

I never said using a knife on horse back wasn't stupid, what I'm saying is a horse is you're wrong on the using explosives and firearms on a horse. It's not a good place to be shooting from.

We're also not dealing with model animal trainers here.

Ops, think I was aiming for "decent", not from an English speaking country, pardon for that.

Nice cherry picking by the way.