Warhammer Fantasy General

Warhammer Fantasy/The 9th Age General: "Total War: Warhammer IS HERE" edition

Previous thread: >Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy
mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook (Hardback).pdf (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)

>1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy (All pages marked WF on the Veeky Forums wiki)

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page (Warhammer Fantasy wiki)
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (Warhammer Fantasy wiki)
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki (Warhammer Online wiki - game is not dead: see returnofreckoning.com/ for details.)

>Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
pastebin.com/0e6RuQux

>Endhammer
1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
the-ninth-age.com
1d4chan.org/wiki/The_9th_Age

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

>Third Party Miniature manufactures
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/992645470/beasts-of-the-mesozoic-raptor-series-action-figure/description
youtu.be/IbHKLFMrz8c?t=23s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Question: do we know WHY several Bretonnian dukes sided with Mallobaude early in the civil war? Did he bribe them? Convince them? Spoop them?

Technically he had a legit claim to the throne, but mostly no. All of Bretonnia was destroyed offscreen, the only time the Brets got attention was when they were in the Empire and it was just them suffering.

GW hates the Fleur de Lis and all it stands for.

Fourth for Lamia is best Bloodline, Strigoi runner up. Necrarch a shit.

Sheeeeeit.

Guess I'll have to make some reasons up.

don't you mean Necrarch is best? the order goes like this

1.Necrarch
2.Lamia
3.Strigoi
4.Blood Dragons
5.Von carstein(Vlad is cool though)

>mfw I suck at Total War

The key is to look at the whole battlefield and realize you are going to take massive losses in every battle. You want the Unit as a whole to survive, but it can lose a lot of men and be fine in one turn.

Use psychology by flanking and usibg missiles to demoralize. Tie up something strong with something so you can wipe out their weaker Units quickly.

Don't overreach, but don't be afraid to be aggressive.

Who know some information about Magnus the Pious (and his wars) after Great War with Chaos?

Lahmia does have bitch queen Neferata and borderline queen Ulrika to shit up the entire bloodline. Only Genevieve makes it not totally shit.

So are humans just get smaller as time passed or what? All of the depictions of Sigmar's armies are of these large hulking men while the average human soldier in the Empire is a dwarf in comparison.

Artists will be artists. It's not a hero of legend if its not obviously superhuman. There are plenty of pictures where they're just normal (if beefy) humans though.

kickstarter.com/projects/992645470/beasts-of-the-mesozoic-raptor-series-action-figure/description

Would these be useful as Lizardmen proxy models? I'm interested in getting into Lizardmen, and was wondering if these are the right scale.

How detailed are minor factions in vidya?

>Fantasy Toys selling out after release of Total Wahammer
>People intrested in the lore and the tabletop game

They don't know that GW abandoned it. Will GW revive it?

How do i deal with players who want to rape pillage and murder away?

Should i just let them? I mean i am going to set them up with a haunted house to fuck with them a bit. But other than that they desecrated a few corpses up to now, and are up to no good from what i heard.

Probably for typical human reasons

Let them. Sizeable bounty on their head which gets bigger as they proceed. Bounty hunters need to eat.

>strigoi
>literal animals
>runner up

just no

CA just reuploaded their promotional video and deleted the older one with the Mantic skeletons, my sides are in orbit.
youtu.be/IbHKLFMrz8c?t=23s

Five years from now if so, when the last DLC is released.

They squatted far too much for an immediate return. They went all in with Age, and it turns out their hand was shit.

Vlad's plan was just Ushoran's, but with all the complicated intrigue replaced with "Make more vampires, then WAAAGH".

kinda wanna get into this game but there's no local scene compared to 40k

sucks because dudes with swords > dudes with guns

Proof?

Doesn't hurt to play nice

>sucks because dudes with swords > dudes with guns
But these dudes have swords AND guns.

i mean yeah but LOOK at those guns what the fuck are those are you joking i bet those TICKLE hold on the fucking ROMANS called they want their firearms back

So they still sell them or they were squated?

Say that to my face, bretonnian swinehound.

squatted

everything squatted

>i bet those TICKLE
You best be going back to buggering your cattle, peasant.

Fuck, those dudes were good value for fantasy warbands.

I don't think there is any. At least the Army or WFRP books don't mention much. He started the colleges of magic and made a dude into the Prince of Reikland.

Some old novels might have more of his later exploits, but i doubt it.

Stay your tongue cur, er thine cannon is plug with mine lance!

is there any good vampire count novels?

Neferata.
Ulrika The Vampire, avoid everything else with her in it though.
Genevieve.
Ancient Blood.
Master of Death.
The Red Duke short story.

Arguably the Von Carstein trilogy Vampire Wars, but most people consider it shrugworthy.

thanks

In any other battle in the field, Remember, The name of the game is the survival and use of your cavalry. It's the best shock troops in any army and the longer it survives and the better you use it, the outcome will become better and better. .

1. Lamia
2. Strigoi
3. Von Carstein
4. Blood Dragon
5. Necrarch

Don't post elf opinions without spankable elf asses.

Send a Questing Knight after them.

Well, at least the Frostgrave soldier kit is a decent alternative despite being of a slightly smaller scale.

Going by the 5'th to 6'th edition fluff standards before Black Library wrote those retarded novels that gave all vampires autism.
1. Carstein
2. Necrarch
3. Strigoi
4. Blood Dragon
5. Lahmia

It really is a good kit, the only problem is it doesn't mix well with GW stuff because of slight size/proportion differences.

The Ulrika books are Bloodborn, Bloodsworn, and Bloodforged.

Bloodborn is the only good one.

You are mistaken, as Lahmia was best in 6e. Von Carstein on the other hand were useless faggots pretending to be a real Bloodline.

I was gonna make an Empire army using historical minis anyway. So the scale will be fine to me.

Meant to respond to Also, I don't remember Lahmia actually doing anything noteworthy outside being the vampire Illuminati, Neferata basically going "first!" and then being salty for thousands of years that no one gave a shit about her because she had no noteworthy talents outside of being pretty to look at.

>strigoi
>over anything

They havn't done anything since Ushoran's ambitions and then basically became Lovecraftian NEET's.

Being Illuminati and the first is really important. As is being more refined like Blood Dragons and not using monsters and zombies when skeletons and ghosts are better.

Von Carsteins were not actually a real Bloodline in 6e, they were bullshitting their claims. It wasn't until End Times that they became legit instead of foppish mutts.

They became Vampire Doomguys.

>Von Carsteins were not actually a real Bloodline in 6e, they were bullshitting their claims.

That's a load of horseshit. The von Carstein was always a bloodline in 6'th edition. They had their own bloodline powers that set them appart from the other bloodlines in both fluff and rules. It was however only left ambiguous who was actually their real progenitor and if it was Vlad or not. They were however named after Vlad who most likely just took the von Carstein as his own and every confirmed von Carstein was sired by him.

Lahmia also had few interesting characters and GW didn't make enough effort to present anyone outside of Neferata as anyone of importance. The von Carstein on the other hand had an entire dynasty of characters and distinct rulers. Even Genevieve was made into a Lahmia as an afterthought and she is not part of the Lahmia Illuminati.

Lahmia only has a vague web of spies and the only reason Neferata even became a vampire was that she had no idea what she was doing when replicating Nagash's research. Then after being a psychopathic entitled cunt for several years she gets all butthurt when everyone is sick of her shit. Then after her boyfriend breaks up with her for being a terrible person even by vampire standards, she just goes off to sulk for thousands of years in a dwarven mountain and let everyone else do everything for her like a spoiled child. Neferata was just shitty character and she became an underdeveloped character in 6'th edition as well, after no one liked her ugly ass model.

So if non-GW companies just accept the retconned Storm of Chaos timeline as canon, they can continue to create content set in the Old World. There's already four novels which feature SoC, 6th and 7th ed feature SoC rules and WFRP 2nd ed has whole quest modules set in the post-SoC world.

Didn't she get dumped so hard she became a lesbo?

[oldhammer intensifies]

They had bloodline powers but were not a REAL bloodline. They had no original vampire as their progenitor. The first mention of Vashanesh being part of their bloodline was a 7e Black Library book, and it was left vague even there.

They were plebians.

Meanwhile you have the leader of the entire world, first vampire.

Von Carstein=Ultramarines.
She's always been bi. The first book that gave her character development had her kissing girls and boys.

Storm and End only matter for games progressing the timeline. Mordheim and Man O have no reason to do that. Vermintide is End Times, Total Warhammer is a third timeline.

How have I never seen this picture before?

>tfw stopped the End Times at Praag in TW:W
Fuck Archaon and Heil Sigmar desu lads

>get the fuck away from the cannon Rupert, you are drunk
>don't step on it
>they can't hear you Rupert

You're not hanging out on Veeky Forums all the time. Shame on you for having better things to do.

>Total Warhammer is a third timeline

It is?

Lore fuck up in Total Warhammer. The CA crew seem to think Karl Franz is Karl from House Franz. In some battles his troops call out 'the Empire belongs to House Franz!'. His family name is actually Holswig Schliestein.

Who's that clan of vampire knights who's founder was cured of his vampirism by drinking the blood of a dragon he slayed so his followers only feast on worthy combatants they defeat in battle?

They said its ignoring all "end of the setting" scenarios.

The game is its own event, and the victor is whoever you play and win as.

Blood Dragons.

Technically he didn't start them. He's vampire Judge Dredd and does his own thing. Its his sires, mainly Walach, who run the group, who decided to ironically turn an order of Brets called Order Draconis and keep them fighting the best because he figured that is what Abhorash would do. They only find out you have to kill literal dragons and eat their hearts by mistake. Then the guy turned to Chaos when Abhorash got back and expected them to actually do important shit.

But that last part is End Times so it doesn't count.

Poorly made but highly detailed map posted over in /v/

It was the cover of the last Empire army book. Surprising.

The alcoholic red nose is a nice touch

Nice.

Yvresse da best.

I'm not really sure how efficent the Lahmia were at actually running the entire world. They probably would only have any real influence over the humans and that's at least makes 3 continents were they don't have much of a say.

Lahmia=Black Legion

40kfag here.

What killed Fantasy?

I never had any interest in it, and it was never that popular locally, so I never paid it any attention. Why did the player base / sales wither up? People complain about the rules, but people complain about the rules of every edition of GW games.

How does the game handle Kislev?
And Estalia/Tilea for that matter. What troops do they actually use?

muh sylvanian

>what killed Fantasy

Games Workshop, obviously.

Shifted the game in a direction where new players were less likely to buy in (number of models required to play went up dramatically) while simultaneously scaring off veterans with bad rules.

He's going to be so embarrassed when he turns around and sees the Emperor watching him.

Nobody's really mentioned that since The Enemy Within. I guess they came to regret being so liberal with the ersatzdeutsch when they started finding an international audience and somebody said "hey, this is just Schleswig-Holstein but said by a retard".

It's best to think of it as no particular timeline, but a greatest hits of Warhammer Fantasy. It features Karl Franz coming to power in a fractured empire as if it's still the time of three emperors, and well-loved historical characters like Azhag the Slaughterer and Heinrich Kemmler all turn up to start some shit at the same time as Grimgor and Archaon are kicking off.

I really feel like the combat is more prone to clusterfucks than old TW games

Also, when fighting against enemies using the same troops as you, the game DESPERATELY needs the button from Medieval 2 Total War to come back which highlights allies/enemies. I can't tell you how often I've looked at a shambling mass of zombies and gone "which side is mine/how do I flank this?"

None at all to my knowledge. Every Human factions besides Brets seems to use Empire troops.

>"hark! I will fire mine pistol at the enemy in a style reminiscent of the urban criminal elements!"

Maybe this really is an Alt--WH timeline, and Karl Franz was disowned, then siezed power, then was elected. And he uses his own name instead of his house name because of it.

>and well-loved historical characters like Azhag the Slaughterer and Heinrich Kemmler all turn up to start some shit at the same time as Grimgor and Archaon are kicking off.
See, did anyone else take one look at Heinrich Kemmler and think "that name is TOO on the nose"

Eh, it's a militia. There's a good chance he is one of those urban criminal elements.

Nice!

Speaking of which, I really think the empire Peasantry should have KriegsMessers/Grossemessers with "real" swords reserved for better units.

Yeah. They need more historically inspired swords in general. A lot of them are just kind of generic cruciform fantasy swords.
See:
Although I guess that doesn't matter any more.

>See, did anyone else take one look at Heinrich Kemmler and think "that name is TOO on the nose"

I thought it was just me.

The prices and also because they geared the game to play even larger battles which made armies even more expensive. I also remember hating finecast, so I refused to buy any more of their new blisters after the first two. The fluff writers also sucked at their job.

He's the first character in Warhammer, and began the era where ancient frog wizards are named Mylqbottl, Warriors of pure evil are named Slambo, and Inquisitors are Obiwan.

If anything, he's not going far enough.

He did antagonise fictional France.

What province?

>He's the first character in Warhammer
Wait really? The first named character ever?

sooo
Where is Cathay?

Not a fan of the maps that make grey mountains run almost completely east-west,

Look at the compass in the image.

Oooooh

Why would they even do that?

Yep. And now he doesn't even have a name any more.