Warhammer 40k General

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Whine and cheese edition

First for why the fuck are genesteler cults now allies of convenience with nids.

note to self check out local comic book stores for old warhammer comics/magazines

Well in the lore, I believe it's said Gene Stealers often flee ahead of the Tyranid Swarms as being re-absorbed or being around when the Swarms arrive runs counter to their designated purpose.

What's a good color scheme for Tzeentch marines that isn't just Blue armor with yellow details?

Too keep them from.... sharing psychic powers?

That's fucking dumb.

I wanted to try out a Swarmlord deathstar, but now my hopes and dreams are crushed.

This loadout is highly disappointing unless that isn't a twin linked assault cannon

Because they are deluded fanatic that kak their keks when the devourer lands and begin souping them as well as their oppressors.

Why not two regular ones?

There. Ion Shield vs Wall of Mirrors is clear.

Is there any way for this thing to be useful? It's such a gorgeous model.

Ginyu Force Warband.

Twin linked gattling gun of some kind, a missile launcher, a twin-linked flamer, and a power claw.

I mean, 6 S5 shots is really pathetic for a bomber.

Well, you could actually give it Agility and Pursuit stats so it can be used in games instead of going in the bin like ALL OF IA: AERONAUTICA.

I'm still mad about the Vendetta.

And 6 s6 shots and 2 s8 shots.

Poor Culln.

It wasn't that good. Played against one few weeks back.

I guess that makes me feel slightly better, but it still really sucks not being able to ally in anything.

AOC is a big step up from CTA, though. AOC just means that while they don't actively benefit from each other's bonuses, they don't actively hinder each other, either. They may not synergize, but you can field them as allies without worrying about being paralyzed because you're too close.

hey guys, the start collecting sets are a good investment yeah? or no
or does it depend on which army it is

cant really pick an army might just make a strawpoll or sth

One of the best portrayals of Eldar, IMHO.
I love how everything they say to the Imperials is this long-winded, flowery bullshit, and that bittersweet ending of their alliance with both sides acknowledging that even though they fought well together against a great threat, they'll likely be trying to kill each other next time they meet.

While that's true, it also removes the only way for nids to have any kind of access to psychic powers outside of the Powers of the Hive Mind. I'd rather they be Battle Brothers, but with certain limitations, such as not being able to gain benefits from Tyranid special rules, instead of just flat out being AoC.

Yeah, they should've been best buddies. That was my first time facing tyranids too. I like the models a lot. At least you got that going for you.

They're all a good deal, but some are better than others.

Marines, for example, are the worst deal, since you basically just get a free captain.

Tau are the best, as for the price of a crisis team you get a free Ethereal and squad.

You shouldn't worry so much about price though. No point if you don't actually like the army

The models are pretty much the only reason I chose Tyranids in the first place. I still really enjoy the army, even if it's not the best. Luckily I can hold my own against everything that isnt a Tier 1 list in my meta.

i mean yeah but how much of the "free shit" is good/worth running

Too bad my meta plays Tier 1-2 lists almost exclusively. I wouldn't stand a chance.

Maybe some day.

For Skitarii, you're going to use everything in a combined mechanicus army. All Tau stuff is usable too.

Space Odin! I need your ork codex!

you think the cron set is aight? i'm eyeballing them
zombie space robots are pretty cool

That pic is awesome. What's it from? I've wanted more Eldar comics since Single Combat.

Yes, it's quite good.
And the formation included means that, as long as your overlord is still alive, the warriors are basically immortal.

Yeah that's great one too.

In first edition Dark Heresy, about what experience level should the player characters be to face a daemon host?

I'm not an expert on all the factions, generally though the IG, Nurgle, Necrons, Skitarri and Tau have the best units, note Nugle has no formation for 40k.

Any experts are welcome to correct me on my green through to red rating of units.

>40k Roleplay general

Bitly/Orks7ePDF

THEN YOU SHALL HAVE IT

Scarabs are actually pretty great. Fearless little buggers doing mischief. Especially in maeltstrom missions. They can also chew transports dead quite consistently.

i have no clue what the green and yellow mean

Maybe i should do a 4 tone system?
Blue-Epic
Green-Solid
Yellow-Mediocre
Red-Bad

Dude the Space Marines are fine. You need tacticals for everything and you can slap grav or melta on them. Captain is the only really shit part.

All right, Veeky Forums, what was your first army, and why did you pick it? Did you stick with it? Why/why not? If you swapped, which army did you start and why?

That would be great. I'm off to work so can't help with that right now.

And even then captain is required in demi company and pinion demi company. That or chaplain. I'd rate captain as solid.

Thousand sons.
They looked baller as fuck and ghost mariens with psychic lascannon sergeants?

Then they lost favoured number and I lost interest.

Then I got... Tau, played it a while
Got an offer to trade for a larger IG army, played that a while.
Sold it and bought a SoB army with the money, played it once
Stripped and sold it for a hefty profit, got 3k of Orks and that's where I'm at now
Also got a small Aspectdar force for when I don't feel like being reliant on 5+ for everything.

that would work

3.5 chaos marines then chaos daemons when they broke up. i have some dark vengenance dark angels and some assassins so i could do a 1k list at some point if i wanted to build and play them.

My first army and current army is blood angels. I picked them because their tragic past and also because my i loved the idea of raving mad men are sent to their deaths for the honor.

Do inquisition chimeras still use the rules with actual firing points?

Blue
Epic: Shit you'll go out of your way to include
Green
Solid: Not BIS but does it's job very well
Yellow
Mediocre: bring it because you got it or because it's mandatory
Red
Bad: only bring it as formation tax or because you really love the model

Tyranid when they got their 6th edition dex out of pure interest, also love the models and fluff. Sticking with it because i don't mind losing as long as my opponent doesn't table my fuckhuge swarm, also in the hopes that eventually everyone else will get nerfed so i can truly become the great devourer.

FOR WHAT CAUSE

I haven't bought anything yet but I'm probably going to get the Ork starter pack

Should i give my death company Bolters or bolt pistols along side their chainswords?

Cruddance giveth but he must taketh away.

Too late, it's gone again.

>Cruddance giveth

Only points costs

Titan II: Vivaporious. can get it hella cheap on amazon.
It's an Abnett comic about a Warlord titan, fighting eldar and tyranids.

Its in the mega at the top called Titan.

So i can choose between getting an Krios battle tank/Venator or Domitar battle-automata, what is better in 40k and what is fun too play?

How i get it the new rules for them in 40k will be released in a month or two is that correct if not could someone give me the rules?

Exactly. This is all just a big test he set up to see if Nidfags are adaptable as the Nids themselves when faced with a horrible codex.

>another wrong image op

Huh? Says they're available for me. I hadn't planned on buying them over the Internet anyway I'm going to go to this GW store near me this weekend.

How do craftworld eldar/dark eldar team-ups work? Seems like they wouldn't work together terribly well.

Eldar beat up deldars, hijack their cars and throw them in the trunk.

Domitar is trash, krios all the way.

Why is the Domitar so bad?

No D-Weapons

How will Brexit (either way) affect GW prices here in the US?

Overcosted for what it does. Other units such as the castellax can do its job almost as well while being cheaper and usable in other situations.

Also, comparing any mechanicum units to a krios isn't good. It's one of the best units in our red book.

Its a venerable dreadnaught in the SM box, not a normal one.

I disagree with firewarriors and SM tacticals as both are good for troop choices, given the right equipment.
Similar a commisar + shock troops is good for certain builds (Human wave) but unlike tau/SM the box lacks good weapon options for many things (read melta/plasma).

And the captain should be red as he is barely useable. He is too slow to reach melee and T4 means he gets instagibbed via melta etc.

Oh last but not least scarabs and necron warriors are on the same sprue, dunno if it counts for anything.

Okay consider me sold on the Krios,
The Venator seems to be just good against infantry from what i read is that true?

Krios Venator is the anti-tank option. You get 4 S9 AP1 ordnance shots for 150 points.

The normal krios gets you a large blast S7 AP3 shred and rending for 125 points.

>fire warriors
>mediocre

christ what do you think its a good troop choice, kroot that are just gretchins with upgrades or breachers which are either dead or going to die

What would ypu buy as first tank?

Mediocre is yellow.

fuck i replied to the wrong one, meant to reply to

Are you playing 30k or 40k?

If you are playing 30k, get the krios venator.

If you are playing 40k, wait until the actual rules come out in IA 14. They might change for 40k.

It is the older one when yellow was "Ok" not bad but neither fantastic.

40k but i love the Style of the mechanicum stuff and would like somethjng else than spider tank

>mechanium

i want it to not be true because idk if my wallet could handle it and i'd be tempted to buy up an army to play asap

Warzone Baal when?

Do you think in casual games anyone would care if I ran them as Battle Brothers anyway? I'm the guy from yesterday running an all-genestealer list.

Is being an Ordo Malleus fangirl still a meme? or is the cheese train ride finally over?

After Warzone Fenris pt 2 and Warzone Cadia

>tfw it took me a minnute to find the general because of the image used

>Warzone Cadia
Why would I want that? We already got Cadians and demons.

Trains been stopped for some time. Come on back.

We have daemons to stop.

More like Warhammer 40k End Times Part 1: The Cadian Gate

CSM?

Where can i find stats for Kraskin guadsmen? I don't know where to look.

Red with gold.
Purple with silver.
Literally anything. They're your dudemans. You don't need special permission to paint them the way you like them.

scion tempestus

go away claudio

Last storm troopers you can field are in Imperial Armour volume 1 v2.

Rather have CSM vs Sisters and Scions.

you beautiful asian manwhore.

I just want to smother you with bananas and doll you up with cream cheese.

I started the game with Dark Angels during 2nd Edition. I liked the tough, heavily armored nature of Space Marines, my favorite color is dark green, and I liked the robes.

I did not stick with them because fucking everybody was playing Space Marines so I shifted slightly by going with Chaos. I started Undivided with a green-armored original warband (fallen chapter) do not steal. Eventually it evolved into a Nurgle warband as I grew to enjoy the whole Grandfather Nurgle vibe and how he was often portrayed as jovial, etc etc.

These days I still play Nurgle-aligned Chaos Space Marines and Nurgle Daemons. The CSMs are fluffed as a Death Guard offshoot warband.

I also have Tau, but decided to put them into storage until I get off my ass and actually compete more of my Chaos stuff.