Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Failed Inflitration Edition
Chainsax: The hills are alive with the sound of murder Sub-Edition
In the previous bread the discussion on clips and magazines from the thread before the last continued on, we talked about the new boxes coming out soon, we made a RG forge lord, an user asked what he was in store for when he told us he got a few HH novels, the Iron Warriors's spirit animal was confirmed to be the Honey Badger, an user wanted to know the effects of Volkite while another shared with us his dudes, and much more in the old bread Red Book Links:
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg
HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html
HHG FAQ - pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List: mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): kat.cr/usearch/"Forge World" heresy user:epistolary/
30k Black Library: mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Jz8c17upEwM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I just got a Deredeo. It is nice, just an fyi,

What legion?

Iron Warriors, waiting for the etched brass.

Do anyone know how to paint the SoH in a more metallic sea green? Like these Word Bearers but green duh!
every SoH I've seen is either too green or some kind of dull greyish green. Want a SoH army and the lack of solid paint option is stopping me.
Sidenote, is the SoH new RoW good/fun to play with?

Before anyone asks, the word bearers are painted like this:

Grey undercoat
2x coats of Signal red (vallejo air)
Dry brush mithril silver
Baal red wash
Serephim sepia
Nuln oil
Then scratches with mithril

Mix Tamiya Clear Blue & Green until it looks like what you're after, take notes on the ratios. Spray over a medium to dark metallic undercoat, boltgun or its equivalents should be fine.

Who makes those colours? And I guess that metallics are best painted by spraying?

Are you asking about which exact paint to use? You already know the procedure.

It’s tricky because SoH use a green that’s slightly grayish, so you need to mix in some other colors to dull it down. Maybe a little bit of black and tan wash, because I don’t know of any medium gray or white washes. They won’t look right if you use a bright green (with a bit of blue).

Just green and blue will just make them into Alphas, and that is not my intention.

Tamiya is the company. Clear Acrylics is the line. X-## type designations.

If you want a smooth coat, yes, you'll probably want an airbrush. You can make due without one, but it is suboptimal. Several thin coats until you get whatever effect you're after.

I have all the tools for it but ended up doing the one metallic legion that doesn't require all the fancy pants colours.

It's basically the same colors as Alpha Legion but without the layering and a darker basecoat of gunmetal instead of silver.

I will try to use MKII Dread Heads for mine, dislikethat all non legion specific contemptors seem to have MKVII heass.

On that note, I believe the DG contemptor is the best to rework if you want a MKII contemptor base to work on for your legion.

Not much Legion iconography.

Thanks, Mortarion.

>also Dusk Raiders rule.

PS:
Also applies to Leviathans and Deredeos.

Seriously, the MKVII Leviathan heads make me mad.

I think that has more to do with the Contemptors and Leviathans being more advanced than shitty MKII power armour... though the filter still makes no sense on a dread of any kind.

I'm tempted to magnetize the fuck out of mine so the head and torso can swivel, maybe swap the head out with a custom one later but it seems hard to get under the cowl. Not sure where to begin with modding the existing one, but I think I'd actually like a proto-beakie head to go with the advanced anti-air and interceptor stuff, improved sensors and all that.

Raven-dread deserves more bird action too.

I just prefer the more brutal look of MKII on a terran siege engine build witj proscribed tech zo wield horrifying weapons.

The AL guy from the last thread here. I was making an actual loyalist AL company. The fluff for them at the moment is that they were out away from the main legion and knew nothing of Geneviève's plot with Horus. They assumed that nothing galaxy burning was happening at the moment when they rung up Geneviève for sending backup, or that they and the detachment of SA who hung around them would be used in a experiment involving traitor IA and SA with a metric ton of sorcery.

Poor guys.

What the ALs and SA assumed was going to be a pleasant evening but the help sent gave signs(edge originating from previously mentioned metric ton of sorcery) that things were going to end badly.

Here goes baby's first time using resin AND magnetizing.

Wish I'd used stronger magnets, but I'm still pretty happy. The left arm can be swapped to the right and accommodate new weapons.

Is dual kheres at least any good for Zone Mortalis?

Because of the close range and that "+1 to Rend" cold void disaster table, yeah I'd say so.

Not bad looking there, just remember to drill the plastic barrels

Airbrushed metallics will usually look smoother. It’s not critical, though.

Tamiya paints, including the clears, need to be airbrushed. They’re acrylics, but they feel pretty different (for one thing, they have to be thinned with rubbing alcohol, not water). If you don’t have an airbrush, you’re better off playing around with other brand paints.

Obviously they need more green and less blue than Alpha Legion, and as has been said you’d want to use a darker metallic base. But I’m not sure it’ll work well because SoH green has a fair amount of gray in it. That will be hard to get.

>those halo skulls

Oh good catch, those and the smoke pipes.

I'm going to use this egg for an airbrushing class tomorrow, so tonight's my last chance to clean it up.

Lads, I've used a white Tamiya spray paint to basecoat some models and the Citadel paints I'm trying to paint over the top aren't going on very well at all.

I used the TS range, not the enamel aircraft one. The Tamiya website says the TS range allows for acrylics to be painted over the top, so what's going on? Would spraying dullcote over the top of the basecoated models help with applying paint with a brush, or further compound my issues?

Just realised I should post this in /WIP/, but seeing as Tamiya paints have already come up in this thread I'm posting anyway.

They probably mean Tamiya acrylics can be sprayed over it... not quite the same thing. I agree with the dullcoat idea.

I'd probably try soapy water first, but that's irrational - I can't think of why that would work.

My eyes why? Fulgrim, stop taking pictures of yourself.

Guess what I found, fampai? Doesn't quite answers whether it was settled or not (like Murder), but it had been discovered no doubt

>Only thing I am doubtfull about is the High champion thing. It is similar to Marneus Calgar being the Spiritual Liege of all SM, since it raises your guy up by making others smaller.
The main reason I made him the High Champion is in order to justify having Palatine Blades out the ass, plus his rules certainly fit one of or perhaps the best swordsman in the legion (WS 7, +1 WS for unit on the charge, as well as LA rules giving +1 I on charges and +1 I in assaults, as well as a sonic shrieker) being WS 8, I 7 on the charge in a challenge while dragging praetors down to WS 5 (not that that matters) and more importantly regular marines down to WS 3 meaning that they only hit him on a 5+.

My main thoughts on him was that he really was one if not the best warrior in the entire legion, a skilled swordsman, unarmed fighter, and marksman but as I stated a garbage commander. There are certainly members of the legion who could match him in a duel and perhaps even beat him depending on who is luckier but many of them might not be members of the Palatine Blades or due to legion traditions might hold mutually exclusive titles (eg. perhaps in order to avoid one guy being champion of everything, Legion Champion, Champion of the First Millennial, Champion of the First Company, High Champion of the Phoenix Guard, and High Champion of the Palatine Blades are all filled by different individuals). Plus there is the possibility that legion rank would inhibit rank in the order (since Palatines sometimes fight as a single unit a Lord Commander can't lead the Palatine Blades as he has a millennial to lead).

As for being the spiritual liege, it isn't my intention, he is a great fighter but a garbage commander so while the rank and file might look up to him the senior officers probably regard him as a dangerous retard.

I have a feeling that the Catachans were already there. Whether or not the Emperor proved he could survive in the jungles, or changed the place like Talos did for the Red Legions is the question.

>like Talos did for the Red Legions
this and CHIM getting random mentions in these threads makes me think someone just discovered there were other Elder Scrolls games than Skyrim.

>Champion of the Order of Champions
>WS8 I7
>His WS5 Phoenix bodyguards fight as good as Praetors
Space marines can bench press a car and dismember people as if they were made of playdough. This character does make sense.

Posting contemptors. I'll eventually have one for each of the 18 legions (just assume the White Scars guy is a Terran).

>mfw
Too small and cute for me.

>His WS5 Phoenix bodyguards fight as good as Praetors
>Have him and his palatine blades followed by two champions with Phoenix Spears everyone gets shriekers
7 WS 8, Str 5, AP 2 attacks (I 6 or 7)
8 WS 7, Str 5, AP 2 attacks (I 6)
30 WS 6, Str 5, AP 2 attacls (I 5)
Opponents have -1 WS (if they aren't fearless)
Everyone short of a primarch, Sigismund, and a few others are getting hit on a 3+, both the champions and the praetor get hit by marines on a 5+.

where did you get those?

Looks like old Epic dreads.

eBay. They're from the 2nd edition of Epic. Early '90s.

Man, I want to convert my contemptor to have a stubbier and beefier assault cannon. Wonder which assault cannon would fit the kheres best...

Would every Dreadnought/infantry unit have the legion-specific upgrades? If not, how would they be distributed? Just by whoever happens to receive them?

Do dreadnauts benefit from LA? I dont have a copy of the book around

Your favorite primarch enters the world of the last non-Veeky Forums thing you read/watched/played. What happens?

Fulgrim

Steven Universe

Well it isnt like it could get gayer

Alternatively, Farscape. He would probably do pretty well. But there arent a lot of situations a Primarch couldn't strive in, I think that was kind of the point when they were made.

No.

What?

>Fulgrim
>CSGO
Sounds like a neat game mode honestly. One primarch who is nearly impossible to kill and is super fast with a one hit kill knife with extended reach. Everyone else has to try and kill them.

>What?

Forgeworld sells those Legion-specific Contemptor Dreads, helmets, pauldrons, etc. In-universe, is every marine equipped with their legion-specific armor/are all Contemptors fashioned as the legion-specific dreads? Or is there some that just never got the good stuff? That mostly applies to helmets and torsos, the pauldrons are just affixed with logos.

>There will never be a game where you play as a primarch

A Dynasty Warriors knock off would be perfect.

Of course primarchs do well in most things. The question is more about what, specifically, they do.

Also
>Steven Universe
Fuck you

Magnus the Red shows up in The 4400? Hell, it'd be actually appropriate.

>Papa Sang
>last thing I played was TF2
>currently watching Fright Night
I don't know what could be worse.

>Perturabo
>Pacific Rim

youtube.com/watch?v=Jz8c17upEwM

Oh I thought you meant rules upgrades. My thoughts are that it depends. While all EC wear the aquila for example, not all of them had Mk IV which the EC special armour clearly is, so not all of them would use that exact armour. Likewise the Phonecian Pattern Helmet (EC special helmet) is mentioned in one of the books (I have no clue which one) as being given as a reward for exemplary service or something.

Likewise dreads probably don't all have extremely fancy or highly modified suits of dreadnought armour, some contemptors could have been thrown in a suit straight from Mars (the generic contemptor dreadnought).

Rog Dorn
Sim brothel
No one will enter my whore house now!

But how will you get new sluts?

Or you whorehouse is now a BDSM dungeon with well trained stoic slaves.

Dorn
EU4-Mayan empire game
Well, the europeans arrive in like ten years to find nothing but a wall, from canada to argentina, three hundred meters high.

Why not both?

You now run the most fortified BDSM dungeon in the galaxy.
At least, until the Iron Warriors show up.

>Iron Warriors

Would they be the busted whores that jew you out of your money but are willing to do anything which also makes them a bitter bunch of cunts?

They'd be regular whores, except dat pussy is actually a bomb

>Red-colored oaths of moment
mfw

Red sealing was was out.

This isn't 30k, the Ecclesiarchy isn't going to excommunicate you for doing it wrong.

What's Alpharius'?

>Mortarion in SCP
>Makes friends with SCP-076 Able, he's the only one that can keep up with him. They drink The Cups together.
>Can't be contained because he walks through walls, like a b̶e̶t̶t̶e̶r WORSE smelling Radical Larry, with even LESS sense of humour.
>Due to his bad sight, his driving skills are on par with SCP-666J 's.
>As in, he drives just as BAD.

The other thing I watched was Dredd (2011), but I don't know whether or not it would be better off with or without Perturabo.

>This isn't 30k, the Ecclesiarchy isn't going to excommunicate you for doing it wrong.
>30k
>Ecclesiarchy

Funny. The last non-Veeky Forums vidya I playes was Age of Empires.

I'd be fun having Perturabo testing the frailty of those walls.

>A billion spearmen as cannon fodder, just because they're cheap.

Yes. It's 30k and the Ecclesiarchy does not exist. What's the problem? People aren't religious nor superstitious about shit and things aren't done the same, ineffective way because that's the way it's always been done / this document says it's the right way to do it.

>People aren't religious nor superstitious about shit and things aren't done the same, ineffective way because that's the way it's always been done / this document says it's the right way to do it.
>Suddenly, Adeptus Mechanicus

The post said this isn't 30k. That's what got my attention. An error I know but one that I pointed out.

>Lion El'Jonson
>Grimm
Eh, kills monsters and writes books about how he cuts their heads off.

Post-heresy Fulgrim in Taimanin Asagi.

And nothing was changed at all.

>Suddenly, Adeptus Mechanicus

Not 30k either.

>Lion El'Jonson
>favorite primarch
Kill yourself

>Sanguinius
>Enters the E3 footage for Mount & Blade: Bannerlord
>Game is released next Tuesday and is so good it sparks the creation of a cult that brings about world peace
>too pure

pls, a billion spearmen is nothing to a perfect 6X12/4/4 combi-blob waiting across a river on a mountain. Throw your spearmen against the wall and let the attrition kill them all

Sorry, I can't hear you over loyalty being its own reward.

Okay, in that case, prove your loyalty by killing yourself.

I want

This character is rocking close to Primarch level stats and is thus another bs spechul snowflake.

>mfw

Nigga, the Mechanicum has been around since before the Age of Strife. Even before the unification, Mars had already terraformed and nuked itself back to inhospitable desert.
They're a distraction, playing the game of "show the enemy's formations". But srsly, how are you using combi-weapons in Age of Empires?
>Howdoyouturnthison
nevermind
He's a marine that killed an unarmoured T3 human non-combatant. Hardly anything special

Nigga, Adeptus Mechanicus is not Mechanicum anymore than Space Marine legions are Space Marine chapters.

And if Mechanicum was so dogmatic, how is it that they were crazy about inventing new stuff all through Unification Wars, Great Crusade and Horus Heresy, but Admech can't do shit?

Where can I teach myself the Nostraman language

The Legiones Astartes were already divided in chapters, the Codex tweaked some formations a bit and made it illegal to have more than one chapter under the command of a single supreme commander
Unless you're the SW
Or the BT
Or secretly all your chapters high command communicate with each other and keep acting as a legion, like DA
Or you have several chapters you could call at any moment, like UM

Were the AdMech imposed such restrictions, especially since the Forgeworlds barely reported to Mars, much less to the space marines, and had several autonomous forces like the Ordo Reductor, who still are pretty much independent warbands that govern themselves.

So no, they kept on doing the same.

>And if Mechanicum was so dogmatic, how is it that they were crazy about inventing new stuff all through Unification Wars, Great Crusade and Horus Heresy, but Admech can't do shit?
>Ignores Centurion suits, AA Rhinos, new LR patterns, etc.

On the Event Horizon

30k's AdMech seldom invented new shit, they merely re-discovered them from liberated worlds.
Except Cybernetica, but that has always been considered pseudo-heresy, but it only helped that Kelbor was a heretek himself.
AdMech can't do shit because the Imperium isn't expanding anymore, only holding ground. It expanded the most from M32 to M35, but that hasn't been depicted, and I'd assume they discovered lots of stuff, but it's not mass produced because:

A) They are even more kept to themselves than before the heresy

B) Their manufacturing capabilities never recovered. On Mars alone both Volkite and Heavy 4 Predator autocannons were lost

Alright HHG, help me take out a mechanicum faggot. I play Night Lords. What units should I take to make a Ordo Cybernetica.

Make your models so edgy that it makes laugh until he nearly dies from laughter.

>makes him or her
I forgot to add.

Talking about anons "Champion of the Order of Champions EC self insert

you're forgetting exploritor fleets, and exploritors connected to rogue traders.

And the Admech is doing shit in that they're trying to keep things running, better understand what they have, and figure out how to make that shit work without some of the things that are gone, running out, breaking down etc.

And some do still occassionally invent a new thing. Or at least better versions, or new ways of making something like the better things that used to be around. At least if you follow the stuff in FFG rpgs.

Made some changes to the the Fists/Knights list, figured I should drop a Tactical Squad and add in a deep striking Cataphractii Suicide Squad instead. Going against a friend playing an Eldar list on Sunday...any tips welcome!

Imperial Fists:

HQ:
- Sigismund, no RoW, 230 pts

Troops:
- 5 x Templar Brethren, 5 x Shields, 1 x Solarite Gauntley, LR Phobos, 460 pts
- 10 x Tactical Squad, Vexilla, Sergeant with AA, Rhino, 205 pts

Elites:
- 5 x Cataphractii Terminators, 5 Combi-Weapons, 4 Power Fists, 1 Chainfist, Teleportation Transponder, 255 pts

Heavy Support:
- 1 x Vindicator, Machine Spirit, 145 pts

Questoris Knights Detachment:

HQ:
- Lord Scion, Knight Warden, Thunderstrike Gauntlet, 410 pts

Troops:
- Scion Aspirant, Knight Gallant, Melta Gun, 295 pts

Can you guys guess the retcons in this book?

Fuck these pleb primarchs, give me one that is actually interesting. After his few short stories and betrayer I cant wait for an Angron book.

>>InBf4ItsTheNightOfTheWolf...

Hopefully fairly few.

>Guy insults Russ
>Russ is all I'mma take his head
>Lion strategic geniuses the campaign over
>Russ starts shit
>Three days of shit commence
>A thread on /k/ celebrates the horrific enormity of said shit
>Russ reads the thread and cracks up
>Lion punches him in the face and leaves
>Russ is pissy

Russ's side of the story is the worse side to tell by far. Its going to be him all edgy and upset and we miss the motivations of the Lion when he say Russ' laugh and first blow as treacherous, the only part that matters.

Fuck what a waste...

Eh. It got renamed from Mechanicum but didn't really change.

Autistic people make poor PoV characters.

Cute.

Holy shit, it's 2000 points by the way, I need to stop thinking about 30k and fucking sleep once in a while.

To be fair he was made using the FW character rules and doesn't have eternal warrior. When you consider that WS 8 vs 5 is no different in game terms than WS 7 vs 6 he doesn't seem that bad. If he doesn't kill his opponent outright than he will almost certainly die when his opponent just punches him in the face with a hammer.

Hey guys.

I heard about this Lord of War specific force organisation chart that allows you to bring them at lower point games.

I am thinking about doing an IH company of bitter Iron thing and put 40 HATE-ing, stubborn in the enemie's deployment zone Medusan Immortals with Volkites into a mastodon and just drive towards the enemy.

It seems rather fluffy and incorporates some of my favourite minis, but wouldn't it be horribly cheesy?

I just like big squads and big tanks and the Mastodon is way cooler than two tricked out spartans carrying each squad since it has some Anti Air too.

Yay or Nay?

Cheesy or tolerable?

Please help.

PS:

It would also be 2k points.
two squads and the Mastodon would average out on 1700-1800 points.

What's the worst thing you could face in a 2500 pts game?

A Flare shielded spartan filled with Deathshroud? 6 grav Contemptors outflanking on turn two?