...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to Critterspace...

*Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
*Last Viewed Files: >*Basilisk_Dung.sim
*Devil_Rats_vs_Street_Dwarf_Hilarious.trd
*Hellbender_Cries.MP8
*Sasquatch_Morning.sim

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 41 (15% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Nagas- Critters, Sapients, or Waifus?'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked
>github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage:
>pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running /pol/ackfedtosealeech.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

So in honour of Howling Shadows, we talk about animals. You got any pets in your squat? Any community cats you give milk to when they show up with devil rat corpses? Any great runs against animals? Are CGL mewling retards for not being able to balance drakes with the rest of the races, because they insist on having Drake as a quality and not an actual race? Are they also retarded for not giving prices for critters, meaning that Pokemon is now the only legitimate way to get a critter?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/catalystgamelab/status/735594426194501632
youtube.com/watch?v=4QOUo9ZOrIU
youtube.com/watch?v=wrpXpSo-xwA
youtube.com/watch?v=I485lhvKl04
www90.zippyshare.com/v/1Wp1ziFu/file.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

DOGGIE!

WHO'S A GOOD BOY, DANTE? WHO'S A GOOD BOY?

second for no sexists allowed please.

>Any community cats you give milk to when they show up with devil rat corpses?
You realise they're devil rats, right? 'Fuck off' sized rats you're more likely to shoot that catch in a trap. I'd bet money on the dRats coming back with cat corpses, and if it domesticates them any, I'll give them the milk.

>not first
And yooooou're oooout!

What books contain the most information about the Tir Na Nog and the northern reaches of the USAC?

Did you not read the last thread? Anyway look into the 2e section of the pastebin, you will see two books , one for Elf Oregon and one for Elf Ireland. After reading those go look through Sixth World Almanac and the 4e Tir Tairngire web supplement.

Just to keep this front and center:
CGL on Twitter just confirmed that critters are supposed to be captured, not bought. We're Pokemon now.
twitter.com/catalystgamelab/status/735594426194501632

Any good fan-made monster manual books \ monsters around?

You realise that wherever there's devil rats, there will also be devil cats, right?

Only if they've added them to the critter list, and even then not likely at my table.

I was about to ask where the devil humans were, then I realized we just call them "trogs".

Damn it user, I almost choked on an M&M. I hate unexpected laughs while I'm eating.

How is that 'reddit'? It's a corp of canonically extreme freaks, brought together through poaching and clever marketing to turn these outsiders into a clique fanatically loyal to the corp. And the insinuation that they get 'ware to fit in with their tribe, and more extreme modifications than are required to fit in with EVO culture in general, has just the right tang of dystopia to me. I bet if you look inside EVO's closet, you'll see the skeletons of the obsessive loners so desperate to belong that they killed themselves with Essence loss.

So what you are saying is that the entirety of Evo is made up of cyberzombies. Aside from Buttercup of course.

>tfw my current runner used to be paracritter hunter
Guess it's time to become trainer.

what are some non-combat spells that would be useful. im doing up the spells on my first runner and iv got 10 slots, he's speced pretty hard towards combat but I want some good utility spells. I figure 5 or 6 combat spells and 5 or 4 utility spells one of them being heal. any suggestions?

Heal, detect life, improved invisibility, turn to goo, levitate are all good ones.

>Levitate
>Improved Invisibility
>Physical Mask
>Shapechange
>Silence
>Trid Phantasm

Those are the most powerful, and widely applicable spells I can think of.

In addition to what they said, Sterilize is useful for cleaning up shit. Better than bleach and 100% unnoticeable and irreversible if you take the time to erase the astral signature afterwards.

Heal, Increased Reflexes, Improved Invisibility, Levitate, Trid Phantasm, Physical Barrier.

No, not at all.

I imagine it breaks down into a bunch of different tribes. You have the tribes of metasapients and the other oddballs, who take pride in their race, in the prestige that EVO places on having them, and their uncorrupted Essence (which is usually a big thing for Awakened types). You have the posers and hangers-on, the guys who get their sweat glands modified so they can hang out in the special jungle biomes EVO makes for nagas at some locations, the girls who get bioware snakeskin masks and forked tongues, and the others who try to catch some reflected glory. Then you have the other tribes of that branch- The R&D team with crazy modded cyberarms, the marketers who all get LED Celtic tattoos, the security team with gecko grip and prehensile tails that have been working on an unorthodox defence plan, etc.

All of these groups, by the nature of their mods and the corrosive effect 'ware has on Essence, form tight coteries with their own cultural norms and bias. EVO HQ tolerates and encourages this, because the farther people go on this path the harder it will be to leave (both to leave their tribe and to adjust to a normal life at a different corp), and because tribal pride will push these people forward. Remember, EVO comes from Japanacorp roots- anything they can do to encourage lifetime employment, corporate loyalty and pride, and the ability of leaders to create consensus and self-sacrifice for the greater good are all desired traits. Every so often, an individual or tribe fly off the rails, but they can be replaced, and the corp profits from a highly motivated workforce that feel like the bosses care about them.

The Bins Series
Control Emotions
Catalog/Diagnose
Though Recognition
Sound Barrier
maybe Decrease Noise

Analyze device is a global buff. Increase reflexes is vital for combat mages.

Analyze Device has a major flaw.
The high object resistance of most of the good items you'd want to use it on.

Have any of you played as an AI before?

Sounds like a bucket of worms rules wise.

He was looking for spells that can be used for non-combat purposes. Speaking of Decrease Willpower is great for interrogations.

AI miku would be so amazing. I want to play with her.

I have ~15,000¥ nuyen to spend before I even hit the 5k maximum at chargen, what do I spend it on? I'm a rigger who has drones coming out of his ears, already paid up my lifestyle for 3 months, have SINs and licenses, all the basic gear.

Do you have a doss to live at? A DocWagon Contract? Any Ware you'd like to get?

I bet you could hire a cute little girl as a maid for like 1k N¥ per month. Then just pay for her services for 10 months.

No, but with the help of /srg/ I made an AI that is a face with 11 CHA, who distracts guards by starting impromptu dance concerts.
I'd love to play her someday.

Drone with a mounted fleshlight in case you need to step it up a notch.

So long as you aren't trying to outdo your decker and rigger, have the time to keep recasting it and are able to soak 2-3 drain, it isn't too bad. It's like a skillsoft subscription for mages.

I've got a good house, Reaction Enhancers 2 and Control Rig 2. That's the thing, this is 'decent cyberware' level money, but I don't know what I could get that would help me with rigging. I would get a Nephretic Screen and do some drugs, but this dwarf lives clean.

>fleshlight
No, disgusting, gross.
She'd be pure as driven snow and blissfully unaware of things such as death because her only exposure is matrix games.

What about Kreiger's Girflriend?

>lives in the internet
>blissfully unaware of X
I get that it's fantasy, but come the fuck on.

What's that?

>When will they respawn?

How good is your Biofeedback Filter? If it isn't the best you can possibly afford, you should maybe do that.

I've got the Filter program, is there something else that can be used to strengthen it?

What about initiative boosters?

Joke character from Archer, mad scientist character made himself an hologram anime girlfriend. He almost marries it but breaks it off then she's just bitter about the whole thing.

Why would he do something like that? What a cunt.

Are you really trying to apply logic to Doctor Krieger?

She's a bit of a bitch.
He strangles her to death ever night.

I don't know who that is, aside from the fact that he's a cunt.

Well of course she would be when he's a total cunt.

What else can I put in that is compatible with reaction enhancers, and is not Wired Reflexes which are way outside my budget?

Hard drugs, and theres a cheap initiative booster in CF that comes the "can't ever be removed" downside, but it also stacks with reaction enhancers.

youtube.com/watch?v=4QOUo9ZOrIU
and
youtube.com/watch?v=wrpXpSo-xwA

All AI have "real world naivete" and it's stated most AI don't have a great grasp of meatspace, and some don't even believe it's real. I can see a newer AI not having a great concept of mortality since AIs are theoretically immortal.
Depends on how many teamkills they got, really.

Yeah, that confirms it. Kriegler is a huge cunt, that gray haired whore is a bitch and there's nothing wrong with the AI.

/k/ actually really likes that cartoon, but thanks to you I know not to watch it. Thanks user.

They really have sort of love/hate relationship...
youtube.com/watch?v=I485lhvKl04

Your loss, weeb.

Boosted Reflexes?
>It should be noted that, due to the nature of the modification, boosted reflexes may not be removed once installed, and they are incompatible with any other Initiative-modifying augmentation.

Yeah, I'm sure I'll be losing a lot.

There's a positive quality in the core book, Natural Hardening (10 Karma). Also Run Faster has the Spike Resistance quality (3 Levels; 10 Karma per level)

Thats the one, it stacks with Reaction Enhancers because it doesn't raise your REA, only your Initiative. Whether it stacks with drugs is up to GM discretion

Ah, loophole; I like it.

Already got Juryrigger and Gearhead for 21 Karma, but it's on the list once I get into the game.

anyone have the emergence pdf? 's not in the files.

www90.zippyshare.com/v/1Wp1ziFu/file.html

damn, that was fast. many thanks!

So my characters want a pet basilisk as the party mascot. I remember reading that breeding them became illegal in like 2056 but if they get a fully grown one, it'll likely not make a great pet. What's a good way to introduce a young, untrained giant lizard to get party that's better than just rolling for availability?

Does anyone have a copy of "Shadowrun: Gotta Catch Em All" ?

Hunting it down and going Crocodile Hunter when you find it.

Have them go on a self-directed run to capture a baby one in the wild.
Or rescue one from an illegal breeding group.

That way it feels like there's a personal connection, and it's a reward for a job well done.

>breeding them became illegal in like 2056
And this makes you think that nobody does it anymore?

Either you , or you pay off some syndicate to get you one. I bet there's plenty of triads who could get you one.

Also, I don't know about illegal, but they're a common guard critter by megacorps, so someone out there has a farm. Speaking of, intercepting a train loaded with exotic critters on it's way to a training center, and stealing a crate of Basilisks (sell most, keep the cutest one) sounds like a great time.

thanks for all the help guys really helped narrow things down.

Alright, I like it. They have a contact that can hook them up with hiring a train coming from the Tir. But if they hip on the train, what would be a good way to make it ask really exciting? What are done good and not too op critters to join them in the train?

No, but our Decker is playing a character who's actually just some diner waitress acting as a 'Face' for an A.I. Party doesn't know.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Took a page from Krieger for my rigger. He runs an Ares BattleBride AR girlfriend in his apartment's data terminal, who he is in a serious monogamous relationship with. He cooks meals for her, buys her clothes, calls her at talk while he's working. She records Desert Wars for him, she's a literal Ares product catalog, sends him lewds holding digital versions of the latest Ares guns, etc.

Gonna find her a Steel Lynx to stream her personality into, like a tachikoma.
A sexy little tachikoma.

I'm sorry, guys. I thought I could do a good job with drakes. I worked with another author on the crunch, even, to make sure it all worked and wasn't OP.

I messed up, I guess. How can I fix it?

That sounds unbearably cute.

Does 5e have any space content out? I'm reading Hazard pay and was thinking of a rigger who used to be SRS.

Only stuff for space is in Run & Gun.

I'm interested in building a character who's all about blowing shit up. Like someone who carries around a bunch of plastic explosives to blow the wall of a corp office wide open and who fires all sorts of grenades out of a wrist-mounted launcher. Are there any particular varieties of explosives/augs I should be looking at, or would I just be good if I spent all my money on a metric assload of C5?

So according to the Sixth World Alamanac, Egypt is governed by conservative Muslim government that's officially outlawed magic. How plausible is it that something akin to the Arab Spring might take place and oust them?

I mean, it happened in our world and they didn't have shamans to help them.

Sounds like a perfect Hood, frankly.

I'd have a ton of plastic explosives, ded cord, and det pins on hand for any given situation.

Empty mag? Stuff it full of plastique!
Need a door? Det cord!
Practical and pretty jewelry? Necklace of det pins.

implanted grenade launchers and grenade cyberfingers are fun

grenades use the throwing skill, and their range depends on your strength

explosive weapons (grenade launchers, rocket launchers) use the heavy weapons skill which also covers machine guns and rocket launchers

IIRC, Imams and others with power are allowed to practice Magic, so there is some balance between Magical muscle in Egypt.

How are you with SURGE? Missing a few points values on the list if you only have time for minor stuff.
Otherwise, new rules for ditching SURGE rank (I, II, III) in favour of cumulative social penalties and easier identification as you take more qualities would be wiz.

Or you could fix AI PCs.

If you meant with drakes, then an alternative that starts on par with average runners would be enough.

I don't think most of us have the book yet, so we can't really give a ton of feedback.
The "go out and catch them" aspect of critters is pretty dumb, though.

I don't see why not.

But major regime change doesn't seem like something that would be allowed to happen in SR. My biggest question is why is it happening? It can't be oppressive regimes, because those are everywhere.

Best bet, as I see it, is that one of the major AAAs are behind it all. They want to destabilize the region to force a buy out of a AA, set up an operation on an Unobtainium mine, or something like that.

What were the major in-setting events between fourth and fifth edition?

>The "go out and catch them" aspect of critters is pretty dumb, though.
I disagree, but the lack of alternative does sound stupid, especially if it covers mundane animals..

Read Stormfront. 4e folder. No excuse.

So howling shadows doesnt have costs and avail for all the new animals. But has a modifier table. Then you have some dude from catalyst saying things like "Cost and avail don't limit access as much as I want. I want critter acquisition to be hard." in regards to why there is no avail or prices in the book.

Fuck this shit im going back to fourth.

(You)

>an alternative that starts on par with average runners
Maybe it's just because I've done a lot of fucking around with monstrous PCs and level adjustment in 3.5, but why is this important? I think it's a safe assumption to make that anyone playing a drake fully expects to be fairly powerful, and I personally believe that this isn't a problem as long as his fellow PCs are similarly powerful.

No, you wouldn't want to allow a Drake character to start out with a group of street-level goons, because the difference in ability would be ridiculous. Allowing one into a group composed of advanced runners with a double-handful of runs under their belt, though? What's the problem with that?

ETA on howling shadows on the mediafire?

Mundane animals have pricing, but critters don't. Hardy said on Twitter that he wants to keep them out of player hands, which is some bullshit.

Set the availability above 24, so you can't just Restricted Gear your way into a pet cockatrice, but still give a price point so that we have a general idea of who can afford to own and maintain one, instead of leaving it up to GMs with a shrug. We buy the books for the rules, and when there's no rules for the explicit reason that he wants acquisition to be hard... That doesn't make sense!

If he wants it to be hard to get critters, put the availability high, make the cost of upkeep beyond what a shadowrunner could afford, don't just give us nothing. GMs can already make it as hard as they please by saying, "no", and if they want the party to have one they'll houserule it down. This way doesn't ensure that it's universally hard, it ensures it's universally houseruled into a by-table clusterfrag with no consensus.

The modifiers are for the regular critters, which do have prices.

>I think it's a safe assumption to make that anyone playing a drake fully expects to be fairly powerful
Then they can start at any appropriate amount of karma above chargen.

Low power alternatives are useful for the same reason that Infected rules acknowledging freshly infected characters have not mastered their abilities is useful. Even then, they're still above standard chars.

I agree with you. The devs should have absolutely no say in how hard it should be to acquire a critter. That's the GM's job.

The book is just suggestions and guidelines anyway. When you're playing in Bongistan, all of those 12Rs might be 16F due to UK being a draconian shithole (true to their real life counterpart).

>breeding them became illegal
...And that's stopping you because?

Looks like CGL deleted the tweets, on my end at least.

Nope I'm just a dumbass, carry on.

What is even going on

CGL wants us to play pokemanz, and had the audacity to acknowledge high power drakes don't fit easily into prioritygen.