OC Thread #1

Welcome to the Veeky Forums OC thread.

In order to lessen the strain on the drawthreads from anons wanting to talk more in-depth about some of the characters that show up in them, here's the place to do just that.

Write, request, and share stories about each others' characters (use a pastebin for works that would take up multiple posts).

Draw, request, and share pictures of each others' characters (please link offsite in the event of NSFW work).

Ask questions about other anons characters and get to know their stories, and tell us all about your own.

This thread is intended to be all in good spirit, so please remember to be excellent to each other, and try to contribute in some way. If you can't draw, write something for someone and vice/versa. If you have a suggestion for resources to add to the OP copypasta, please post them.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/m4wKcqpm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

fuck face claiming the first spot in the thread, someone please be interested in my character, or don't be interested, that's fine too.

You have to tell us about your character, this isn't just a request thread.

Who is she and what does she do?

Changeling OR here, reporting in as I sit in the middle between serious request and waifu town

Shut up fuck face after you explain this character

Explain your own. (I'll add this bit to the next OP, about telling us about your own characters when posting)

You have to assume nobody here has heard of her, we're trying to draw new anons in for discussions amd stories.

Not really sure what I should be doing here, but joining in the fun.

This is my paladin, Cata.

WHEN POSTING

Post a little blurb or something about your character, this is a brag thread after all.

Some basic questions to get you started:
Character's name:
Role in their party:
Goals:
Qualities:
Flaws:

Remember to use pastebin if you'd take up multiple posts.

New here, awaiting a draw request for an upcoming character in my Edge of the Empire game. Interested in other's concepts/ideas, and look forward to hear about youe character's exploits.

Updated OP bit, any suggestions?

In order to lessen the strain on the drawthreads from anons wanting to talk more in-depth about some of the characters that show up in them, here's the place to do just that.

>WHEN POSTING
Post a little blurb or something about your character, this is a brag thread after all.

Character's name:
Role in their party:
Goals:
Qualities:
Flaws:

Write, request, and share stories about each others' characters (use a pastebin for works that would take up multiple posts).

Draw, request, and share pictures of each others' characters (please link offsite in the event of NSFW work).

Ask questions about other anons characters and get to know their stories, and tell us all about your own. Whatever you do, do not just post a request for character art if that's all you want, go to the regular drawthread for that.

This thread is intended to be all in good spirit, so please remember to be excellent to each other, and try to contribute in some way. If you can't draw, write something for someone and vice/versa. If you have a suggestion for resources to add to the OP copypasta, please post them.

Aaaand..?

Tell us about her.

I guess I should post some info about him, hes not fleshed out as much as I'd like quite yet.

Character's name: Sato Nonda
Role in their party: Unsure as of yet, either Combat or deceit/negotiations.
Goals: Reviving the Trade Federation as a subsidiary of whatever government overthrows the Empire
Qualities: Shrewd, honest, and cool under pressure.
Flaws: Doesn't think outside of the box too often, procrastinates frequently, dry humour.

she is a witch who lives by a waterfall. most of the city hates her and thinks she is some evil spawn of the dark gods because she was born with this residual ark magic. but she sorta just wants some friends...so she hangs out and baths in the water fall hoping someone will see her, become interested, and want to come up to her so she can try and make friends.

Well, alright, those details are a good place to start.

>Name
Cata Fractalae
>Role in their party
At first she was something of a support frontline fighter - she had a bit of room to use her javelins until the enemy closed. But then the barbarian left, so she was the only frontline fighter, and made use of her scimitar more.
>Goals
Uphold the law in a way that is fair and good
Travel and see the world
Get a prosthetic for her missing arm
>Qualities
Feels kind of vague, but she's a half-elf from a noble background, is fairly well educated and intelligent. The whole getting-her-arm-cut-off thing has also made her even more tomboyish and brash than she was before, because now she has something to prove - she doesn't want to be seen as weak or unable to do her job as a paladin. She can be perfectly friendly, she just refuses to ask for help.
>Flaws
Like I said, she refuses to ask for help - even when it would be far easier to get someone to pull her up, she insists on climbing up the rope herself one handed. She tends to retort when she shouldn't retort - one shouldn't insult the person threatening to kill you in your sleep. And obviously, the arm causes problems since she can no longer use a shield, and isn't very good at climbing or swimming anymore.

So, she becomes naked in the hope of friendship? Because I doubt it'd be platonic under the circumstance.

Fair enough.

Zeir is a changeling currently being run in a campaign I am part of. She is the bastard of a changeling and a nobleman and was considered nothing more then a pest due to this. Thrown out at a young age she originally was a street urchin who joined the band of mercenaries that made up the party in search of money, as she has a deep down desire to reclaim the power that she feels belongs to her as being someone of high blood. She is compassionate, often times the mediator and negotiator for the party. She is most generous to children, as she often worries they may one day go through similar events that she had as a child. She has strong affection for a human man named Ogrin, who has taken a liking of her as well, and has acted as her "partner in crime". Her flaws though can over shadow that, as she is prone to use murder, seduction and blackmail to get her ways. She has been using these tactics to gain power and raise followers, managing to carve out a small fledgling nation with a few guilds backing its creation. Not only that, but she is running a secret police made up of forty murders and assassins who have pledged their loyalty to her. She also thanks to another party member has been convinced to do research into the blood of vol to extend her life. All of this though is actually her way of trying to improve the lives of those she cares about, and specifically to make sure that in case she ever is to continue her linage, she can protect it. Hard to explain through text so not sure if I did a great job or not but it is my attempt to explain

Line breaks are your friend. I like it though.

I played a paladin with a prosthetic leg before, really fun character.

Well, it's not the worst way to make friends - the wizard in my party tried to steal the barbarian's heirloom sword, which was not a good plan - but it's still not the best way.

Still, that's a mark of character in of itself - she doesn't really know how to make friends properly, so she's going about it in a way that may not even work, or scare the superstitious away.

she has little to no social skills or understanding at all. she was caught bathing in the water fall twice by an adventurers and after that encounter realized that being naked and "vulnerable" was the best way to get people to approach her. after years of people avoiding you, you desire nothing more than a human connection. after she has attracted their attention she tries to become friends, but fails to understand that the reason people approach her in that state is to get some pussy.

>waifu town

My kind of place.

Yeah man sorry about the terrible organization, I just got out of a college final and I am burnt so
Could be fun to see her be tempted by dark magic or something in hopes of fixing her arm desu

her bathing in the waterfall for friends is a big part of her character, hence my request for a picture of her bathing in a waterfall

So she's a pretty powerful character? Being in charge of a nation is a pretty great feat, especially for someone without much claim to their noble line.

Does it make being a changeling more difficult, being a head of state? You can't exactly look however you want to be.

We never did get around to getting a prosthetic, though - the GM made reference to a woodcarver in a city to the south, but we never got that far.

At one point she did manage to grab a golem's arm, but it was a Large construct, so the arm was oversized. Even if she could've made use of it, it would've been a crude fit.

So obviously, what you want is someone to draw your OC bathing in a waterfall?

Point well enough stated. A very interesting hook, you get a savage, fish out of water, AND an innocent character all in one, alot of avenues you can send her down depending on how her situation developes.

>Welcome to the Veeky Forums OC thread.

AND LEWD. DON'T FORGET THAT PART.

I also see fem-characters are by and large the more popular with people. Not really a bad thing, just noticing it.

I'm honestly pretending that the changeling's fledging nation includes waifu town. I want to believe

There was a moment where she prayed to Abadar (the god of law and civilization in standard Pathfinder) hoping that he'd restore her arm, and it caused a fair amount of doubt in her that he wouldn't help her out after her years of service. If it wasn't for the party barging in, she probably would've fallen into a bad slump.

But as of now, I think she'd be happy with a prosthetic. She is still a paladin, after all - the dark magic would have to seem really grey to tempt her. She's tough, you know? She doesn't want a missing arm to define her, she wants to be her own paladin....even if half of her personality has been decided by this missing arm, but that's beside the point.

Honestly not sure if I'm welcome or not..?

I know! I hope it's fun.

Yeah, she is amazingly strong socially, and pretty strong combat wise. She has a few nobles supporting her, Ogrin himself being one.

She was also able to convince a few guilds to support her, so she is able to run her small nation mainly producing lumber, food and siege craft weaponry.
I got a few male characters as well, the draw thread though never drew them so.

This thread may or may not have been made because waifu posting may have gotten out of control.

I've got my L5R Void Shugenja, Isawa Shin.

No image, because I'd probably need a commission for the amount of detail I want to put in it. I put the req in the last two draw threads, but as they were overcome by the unstoppable power of Wai-Fu, I'll just bring him here.

Shin is the youngest son of his branch of the family, a meek man, seemingly of no harm to anyone. Betrothed to a girl from Unicorn clan, a very political marriage, but he thinks not much from it.

He's a Shugenja, Ishiken, with a peculiar attachment to the element of Void. His signature spell is Flow Through the Void, transmuting elemental material to other materials.

He has been cursed by the Realm of Waiting, making his meditation session very lengthy. Once, what I refer as The Accident, he was unable wake up from his trance-like meditation for almost a week, he cast a spell while still in trance, and accidentally touched the void. Because of this incident, his right hand, especially his fingers, have turned blue. He usually covers them up, either with bandages or gloves.

While being a meek son, he became very arrogant and sure in his abilities, attributed to the fact that he was naturally attuned to the Void. Arrogant enough to think he is entitled to the rank of Master of Void, like his destiny was to become it.

During his lengthy meditation sessions, Shin came closer to what many would call enlightenment. His enlightenment is one of self-discipline and self-betterment, but his view is to first become strong, as strength, both physical and mental, is the first part of attaining peace, to him.

Thus he opted to learn Kenjutsu. But knowing the Bushi, he opted to leave his katana home. Posing as a simple monk is beneficial in many ways, instead of revealing oneself a swordsman.

Strengths: Connection to Void, Diligence, Magic, Wisdom
Weaknesses: Arrogance, Tendency to space out, Fragility against the void

His debut is tomorrow, I should go to sleep soon...

Charlotte is one of the reasons this thread was made. So, duh?

I know what you mean, it is good character development to get that challenge though, to test their metal

>I'm honestly pretending that the changeling's fledging nation includes waifu town. I want to believe

One of my party member's is a chaotic evil slaad cleric who ran off into the mountains to create his own Fief, as far as anyone knows its nothing but a bunch of succubuses up there so

I guess, but I feel super shitty about everything that's happened in the drawthreads.

So, can the OC thread be used for character building? For instance you have an OC idea and you want some additional help/input on creating them?

100% yes. Whatcha got?

I think it's partially because so much work is put into them, quads. I find I tend to make my fem characters more outwardly emotional, and male characters seem to blend together for some reason. Maybe it's because girls can be tough or cute, but if guys are 'cute' it's seen as effeminate or wimpy?

I loved my last paladin - a laid-back justice-focused guy - but he'd never be popular like Cata was. It's not even sex appeal, but he never had the character-building crisis like Cata's lost arm.

Who buys the siege weaponry? She managed to get guilds and some nobles on her side, but does anyone protest her nation's autonomy?

Ogrin sounds like a good guy.

The majority enjoyed it, I feel.

Probably because people are kind of forgetting this little thing.
>Hold off on additional requests after receiving a delivery from an artist, and be mindful of the other requests that might deserve attention.

I only made the initial request though. As I posted the anchor for the work being done, I made the mistake of leaving the OR details, which is probably where I fucked it all up.

Maybe.

That's really not a fair thing to say, because a small group can produce quite a bit of volume, especially when commandeering a rather general purpose thread for their own purposes.

We are caught between the border of two rival super powers. We kinda become Europe in the cold war in the sense that us and all our smaller neighbors are gonna be fucked if something breaks out. So we sell them to our neighbors, its provided considerable wealth.

Ogrin is bae

If he's arrogant, how is he also meek?

I like his views on enlightenment, self-betterment always being a good thing to focus on. Wish I knew more about L5R. You mentioned he was betrothed to a Unicorn woman, but who is he?

It's not your fault - a lot of the waifus went by without a murmur, and it's not like people stopped enjoying Charlotte. They definitely loved her in the beginning.

Sure, why not? That'd keep it from being a circle jerk.

Well thanks, I feel a bit better about the whole thing now that it can be contained here, but like said, let's avoid a repeat event.

I wanna know about everyone else's characters.

>That'd keep it from being a circle jerk.

Wait...

...you..
...you honestly...

...you really don't have much of a thing for self-awareness, do you?

Its kinda eh, the artists loved it for sure, but the average requester did not. It sucks but this is probably for the best

Besides we are sovereign now, we make the laws

But the thing is, it's in the rules even, is West the artists want to draw. That's what made the rage ridiculous.

As soon as I figure out a way to word it without tipping off my GM I'll toss up what I have so far.

But that's good to know. I often find myself needing to pitch ideas but unable to do so without giving too much information to my fellow players.

Are you literally between the two powers? Because I feel like that plan might not work out well in the long term if someone decides your country looks an awful lot like Belgium.

But isn't part of the fun autistically figuring out which of our characters would be best friends forever?

But seriously, there's not much more to say about Cata in my case. She went through a big, tough event, and she's reacting to it by pushing on and trying to prove she's not weaker for it.

Well, it's a circlejerk right now. But if this becomes more of a general character thread, it wouldn't have to be.

>But isn't part of the fun autistically figuring out which of our characters would be best friends forever?

There's a good thread question.

Which of the OCs from the recent drawthreads would your OC get along with?

Which ones would they not?

We are Belgium in a sense, but we have an ever growing network of said secret police (jokingly refereed to as the gestapo by the DM) and its given us enough black mail and a veil of terror that high ranking politicians seem to keep their distance. Not to mention, we already won a war recently too, so many now respect our claim as independent

What if your OC is an alien in a sci fi world, while most are fantasy OCs?

>now many respect our claim as independent

Sounds like this thread, I hope.

Then assume whatever asspull time travel scenario to make it work.

Is it still fine to ask for requests here, or do we just brag about waifus? This isn't a PC, but rather a more important story npc in an upcoming game, that the party is going to interact a lot with, or well in social encounters.

Her goals is to keep peace in a current disastrous situation, and try to see if there's anyway to fix it, that's where the PCs come in. She can't leave her post as a guard commander but she can ask the PCs for help. Here's the request, I've posted it in a couple of threads but I guess it counts as a waifu/OC so better to post it here:

The character is a female elf who has a hairstyle like the pic related with her ears sticking out of her hair, she's tall and look athletic and fit, but not body builder level. Bust size isn't that important, to choose what you want to draw,

She wears baggy pants with lots of hanging metal rings tacked on, a long sword sits at her belt, the scabbard is a very plain and white looking one with several scratches on it. She wears a way too big tank top which is rolled up a bit so you can understand that she's fit, like if she's just come from morning exercise. She has bandages on her upper left arm, from the shoulder/arm joint to the elbow, a bit stained.
She's wearing sandals that look well-used.

As for her general body type, other than being fairly tall, she has wider hips and developed thighs though nothing extreme, She would be more of a mild pear shape I guess.

Any questions are fine, I think I'm close to the max amount of symbols in a post so stopping here.

If you're going to crosspost your request here and in the drawthread, then don't. Pick one.

He already deleted the drawthread post, user. Chill.

>Having our own thread

Oh yes.

He is of the Phoenix clan. His meek nature is more in the peaceful, rather than the distant way. Phoenix clan is very peaceful but arrogant in their view of pacifism, seeing war as an inferior way of resolving things (Which he does agree on). But their way of trying to resolve every conflict without drawing blood has downsides, which Shin does see.

Weakness is exploitable, and while the Phoenix Clan's magic is strong, it is not enough, if everyone knows that their end is to not draw blood.

Shin's philosophy comes from finding equilibrium, being strong enough to be left alone, but not too strong to get challenged out of renown.

L5R is basically Feudal Japan: The Game, so most of the things you learn about the Japanese can be applied, with maybe some criss-crossing, to the game.

All in all, it's a game I wouldn't want to run, but it's a game I want to play under a good GM. I have a real attachment to the feudal Japanese aesthetic, right from kenjutsu to teacup politics.
The system itself isn't too hard to grasp, so if you can find a GM who can handle it (maybe it's you, I don't know) and a group with the aptitude, it should be relatively easy to run. The thing is that the players have to know what they're playing. Because being a murderhobo in almost any respectable L5R game will have you doing Seppuku within the first three play sessions. Check out the general, maybe read up on the 4th edition (the link to download is usually shared in them) if you're interested.

Well, for Cata, she probably wouldn't get along well with Valla, at least not at first. Despite her brash tomboyishness, she is a noble, so that might cause some sore feelings, and the last time Cata hung out with a half-orc barbarian she got her arm cut off. Hopefully they'd warm to each other though - Cata isn't very petty and insulting unless she's insulted first, and Valla seemed very nice. Cethlenn she'd definitely get along well with, since they're both paladins. Zeir would probably not do well with her either - she's a paladin at heart, and the blackmail and murder would not sit well with her, despite Zeir's better side. The rest I can't honestly say one way or another, since my memory's not too good or there's little to point out to link friendships over.

Still feels like you might be shooting yourself in the foot by selling weapons to both sides, but I can see you're in a better situation than I thought.

Depends on how many 'primitives' there might be in a setting and how a technological gap might be viewed, or a new species.

Or if you really need to, imagine they're sci-fi characters too and try to judge things more on personality.

I wasn't upset, just saying it's bad form. He's more than welcome here.

:3

Let's keep the hype down until we get some drawfags into this thread as well.

This.

Now that said, even if we can lure Salt here with waifu central, it may take a few days worth of threads before any of them even notice the thread. So we have to be patient.

The others like Salt will probably come, give them time is all. Until then get to know each others characters and relax, if you have any character idea's and concepts as well share them. Tossing out ideas into the chat might be helpful to those looking to refine some details on a PC or a campaign

I'll keep saving up salt-related imagery.

I do honestly feel pessimistic though. I feel like this might become another /wst/ if we're not careful.

We need to set bait for salt and mimic. How to set the snares though?

Consider her maybe being timid and easy to manipulate then, it would fit the character and could help build into more development.

Well, I don't really have any concepts on hand, but something that I always have trouble with is finding motivation to adventure. Something like 'tracking down my father's killer' feels too specific and hard to get to work with the general goals of a party, and something as vague as 'lust for gold' isn't something that feels satisfying to work towards.

That's part of the reason I usually play paladins, because they have their goal built in - I can work my ideas around a creed or philosophy. Paladin of justice feels like he's part of a wider natural order, paladin of civilization wants to protect the outskirts and lone bastions of humanity.

>another /wst/ if we're not careful.
Which is why it's important to post actual content and SFW writings and art as well. This can't be just things like wanting their character bathing.

Salt will come in time. She probably smelled the thread when it was made and is trying to find it. Mimic will show up if, and only if interested.

I mean think about it, this thread can easily boil down to someone asking for dozens of pics and no artist wants to deal with that.

Adding to the OP copypaste,
>Normal Drawthread Rules Apply

Salt: Ask for lewds and cutie girls
Mimic: Ask for OC art and start a fight in the comments

Also a side not for everyone. Make sure you use please and thank you, don't be a cunt, all these artists do this for fun and for free. We are not entitled to what we get.

how do you know they aren't already here

>I do honestly feel pessimistic though. I feel like this might become another /wst/ if we're not careful.
Smutfics when?Maybe not, but some collaborative stories might be cool, if anyone is into that sort of thing.

I did the whole "Avenging family" before, it can be done if the DM is good.

If you need a motivation and you HONESTLY can't come up with anything, sometimes my fellow table mates will use that character motivation generator. It tosses out random arch type stories and ideas that you can quickly apply to any character you need to pull out of your ass quickly, and can be helpful for DM'ing if you are not prepared.

A distinct lack of THIGHS.

Updated again, thoughts? The no bumping thing will help make or break this thread.

NORMAL DRAWTHREAD RULES APPLY, with the exception of this:
>No bumping requests
>Migrate to a new thread when necessary

>WHEN POSTING

>Character's name:
>Role in their party:
>Goals:
>Qualities:
>Flaws:
>Who are some of the established characters that your character would get along with?
>Which ones would they be wary of? Why?

Ask questions about other anons characters and get to know their stories, and tell us all about your own. Whatever you do, do not just post a request for character art if that's all you want, go to the regular drawthread for that.

Smutfics can go elsewhere honestly, its kinda a niche thing anyways. Just use pastebin or something if you must.

This one was written about and her girlfriend (pic related)

It's still in progress. I do agree with >47447278 though.

pastebin.com/m4wKcqpm

I've honestly been wanting to be a writefag, but I'm not confident in myself and I'm not sure I could handle trying to get out a waifu story quickly.

Even if I look at Cata, my own character that I know well, I'm not really sure what to do with her, because I find it difficult to just make up a party or something like that. And no one wants cripplesmut.

I guess it does depend on the GM and what they're planning on doing with the story.

Have you ever tried just taking a session to see what happens and decide how your character reacts? I've been tempted to do that sometimes, since I usually have to flesh out a character more after the first session anyway.

I write often enough, I am much better at combat scenes and warfare. I would like to write or help anyone who wishes to, but I cannot guarantee i'll turn you into RA Salvatore.

Funny enough that is how I made my gatecrasher (from the manual of the planes)

exactly, its a large part of her character, so i think it would be really cool if someone could that for me.

Do it! We need SOMEone contributing or else this is all for nothing.

Roll 2d6 and write a short adventure about the 2 characters to get.

1. Valla (the orc dancer)
2. Cata (you)
3. Charlotte (the paladin noble)
4. Frankie (the cookbook writer)
5. Naeva (the thigh mage)
6. Zeir (the changeling)

I feel my strength lies in dialogue, since I read a lot of plays, and I can do a good job at describing a setting. But I'm not very good at planning out stories or really making more than a handful of kind of repetitive characters.

Go for a trope, then apply someone or a character you know well and adapt it, until it evolves into a more fleshed out and plausible character.

>dialogue

My strong point is here too, because I write realistic dialogue from years of experience standing post in the military and knowing just what people talk about when there's nothing to talk about.

yup, thats more or less what i was going for. in my campaigns its a character style/hook i have never used before, so it will certain throw my players for a loop when every NPC in town is saying "stay away from the witch! she will kill you, your family, your dog, your dogs family and give you super cancer" and when they happen to wander next to the water fall they see said witch bathing in a waterfall trying to catch peoples eye so she can have friends.

Id like to write about adventures but im not overtly one for smut, waifus, or things of that nature, so I feel I wont be quite so welcome.

Rolled 1, 4 = 5 (2d6)

I'll roll, but I might need a reminder on what the characters I get are like.

here, what I have so far is a half-elf psionic in genetic fantasy setting who grew up in a sort of refugee quarter and was drafted into the city's military at an early age. I'm thinking I'm going to play her up as the cocky overconfident fighter type. Not reckless or suicidal but due to her military training and having dealt with bandit and monster raids so young she thinks she can overcome anything. I want to play on the refugee angle a bit, and use her overconfidence as a cover for some more personal insecurities, as well.

How does that sound for a base?

Pic related is the art Mimic did for me in one of the last draw threads.

>No one wants cripplesmut.
Oh, how wrong you are.
Besides that, the wonders of anonymity are at your finger tips. Write something from another perspective, put it out there under a pseudonym or anonymously and gauge peoples reactions to it. Improve on it however you can, repeat until you're comfortable having your writing attached to your name.

I thought that got colored

That sounds like a pretty good base to me. It's hard to tell without you letting me in on what insecurities she might have, but in general it's a good way to start a character and bring them into their own as the campaign goes on.

As for the refugee angle, how do you want to play on that? In the sense that she's poor, or without a home?

This is just the initial batch of people. More (less waifu) characters will come with time.

Wanna write a story about a necromancer named Solla who solves crimes by speaking to the spirits and corpses of the deceased along with her skeleton partner Chatterbox?

She's serious and grim, he's nihilistic and an asshole.

Yeah, it did. And got the kilt made a bit longer too.

The Skeleton piquees my interest, my dialogue is a bit odd but I can definitely describe how people are murdered, in a very average way. I like the concept, especially the overtly dark personalities as they arent something i deal with often.

Oh, and forgot to mention, Chatterbox can't actually speak.

Solla uses him to recreate crime scenes and murder circumstances, he communicates via hand signals.

Nice

Im guessing he isnt too enthuasiastic about his career? I've been doing starwars alot recently, if you cant tell by my Neimoidian OC, but I feel I should dip back into fantasy.

The funniest one was when Salt posted the one with the pond and reeds right after someone said she wouldn't show.