Pathfinder General

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Unusual Exotic Races Edition

Have you ever played a non-core or homebrew race before, /pfg/?

Unified /pfg/ link repository:
>pastebin.com/5F8RNubX (embed) (embed)

Ultimate Equipment Errata (updated 5/19)
>paizo.com/products/btpy8tmc?Pathfinder-Roleplaying-Game-Ultimate-Equipment

Please search for the Uneratta'd content here. Save them, and wait for Nerfonomicon user to compile them.
web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20modernpf.com/wealth-and-equipment/weapons
scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13310555_10206638419426687_7984652020602893121_n.jpg?oh=9c33abc2277cfa167d9963e44f2c5083&oe=57D9452F
paizo.com/events/v5748mkg0bi4i
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinkerton_(detective_agency)
docs.google.com/document/d/1EtAfFqS8MEY1riV9MgCjHkoYY_ZWQ-rpLPQlrt1oB-E/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1jWw7bVMARxrXfRuOW20NlRqXEnS_XGLPT6LHTbz2qME/edit?pref=2&pli=1#heading=h.2p89iv9p48ze
sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/03/150313094557.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I am building an Abjuration caster for the first time as I have come to love the abjuration school of magic.

I decided to go with a School Savant Arcanist making use of the Counterspell Subschool.

It seems the Counterspell Arcane Exploit allows me to spend arcane reservoir to counter as an immediate action while the Counterspell Mastery school power allows me to do the same thing, but not have to spend Arcane Reservoir. This adds up to a fair number of immediate action counterspells, free me up to still use my turns for other things. As well the Counterspell arcane exploit seems far more powerful than the school power as I need only use a spell one level higher rather than needing to match schools with the spell.

Can someone help me sort through the more Abjuration or Universal theme'd arcane exploits?

As well is there a bloodline power that helps with counterspelling?

Do not post below this line if your shitty uncreative character uses a two-handed weapon to fight with:

Does anybody know where I can find a pdf of any of the kineticists of porphyra stuff? It isn't in the trove.

I'm playing a Thri-Kreen and my character is using a four-handed greatsword. Does that count?

Modern weapons with burst fire rules
What do people think?

d20modernpf.com/wealth-and-equipment/weapons

Burst Fire

As a standard action, the character fires 3 – 10 rounds. On a successful attack, the first round will hit and for every 5 points above the target's Armor Class, the character gains an additional hit.

What if he uses a two-handed weapon in one hand?

How do I best make use of a shield and a nine-ring broadsword (martial monk one-handed slashing weapon, heavy blades and monk group, x3 multiplier, d8 Medium)? Which classes appreciate this setup? Which weapon special abilities best suit it?

Pretty sure one of the few classes that can "reasonably" use sword and board is the vigilante, funnily enough. They have a feat chain specifically for sword and board that lets them ignore the Dex requirement.

Of course, if you're not restrained to 1pp? Hell if I know, I'm sure theres tons of ways to do it via PoW, go nuts.

The fuck is going on? Why is there a two handed weapon argument?

Do falchions count? It's only a two handed weapon for game purpuses but I would bet it was just a glorified one-handed machete in real life.

Get the 10 ring sword first. Grab weapon material master and have a tiny sized animated object attached to the hilt. Tell it to switch the ring on the sword to what you need for any particular situation. Enjoy an EXTREMELY versatile weapon with neat tricks I have made this tactic standard on my martial characters.

scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13310555_10206638419426687_7984652020602893121_n.jpg?oh=9c33abc2277cfa167d9963e44f2c5083&oe=57D9452F

So Augunas finished those pregens.

Daily reminder that this is Alex Augunas, the hyper-fox-furry dude who runs "Everyman Gaming LLC" and shoves in furry kitsune art into EVERY ONE of his books?

paizo.com/events/v5748mkg0bi4i

>A Fox's Wedding
>Sunday morning, 9:00 am–1:00 pm • Cascade 5

>Here comes the bride!

>The town of Shusoro has been a safe, quiet home to humans and kitsune alike for generations, even if the former aren't particularly observant of the latter. But when the granddaughter of the town's heroine is ready to tie the knot with her beau, the local kitsune can't help but want to commemorate the union as only kitsune can. But when strange occurrences begin plaguing the town, its up to a group of foreign adventurers to set things right and put a stop to the kitsunes' mischief once and for all!

>That is, assuming the local kitsune ARE behind the local robberies, strange markings, and possessed children that the Samurai-Lord is complaining of....

>This adventure is a playtest for Everyman Gaming LLC's first-ever prewritten adventure, A Fox's Wedding. The time allotted may not be enough to fully complete the adventure; arrangements can be made to finish at the player's leisure.

>When: PaizoCon 2016: Sun, May 29, 2016, 12:00 pm – 04:00 pm
>Game Master: Alex Augunas
>Age Rating: All ages

Does anyone want to bite the bullet and try to play a cute fluffy tail anime foxboy/foxgirl in this game?

I'd rather eat a bullet in the brainpain first than play that shit. And that's from someone presently playing a fluffy tail anime foxgirl, and also in an L5R game.

I'm not weeb enough for this shit. Someone get me a stiff drink.

>Strength 15
>as a 7th level martial

What abstract kind of hell is this?

I feel like building NPCs.

Simply describe to me an ability set (doesn't even have to be a class, just what you want him to do) and I will construct an NPC for you. I like constructing NPCs for games and hope I can be helpful to some GM.

You missed the 17 charisma.......

We're sick of being the only good way to melee for like fifteen fucking years! there isn't any actual argument happening sorry

Both after the +2 items, of course.

Yeah, pathfinder kitsune being furry kinda shits me off. You need to take a feat to have a (limited) ability to turn into a Fox. As a kitsune...

It really should have been 'near human' and 'fox' for the base forms.

>The time allotted may not be enough to fully complete the adventure; arrangements can be made to finish at the player's leisure.

Do you not want to ERP with the fox-furry in his hotel room afterwards?

My fighter has 15 Strenght at lvl 7.

how fucked am I?

Extremely. You're very far behind. You're behind what you should be at for a level 1.

A detective type character whose main MO is to look into the past at the crime scene (Divination?)

Nope.
Cute guy is already in the foxgirl I'm in, and I'm ERPing with him later.

I feared as much.

Luckily my DM agreed to let me retrain base ability scores to improve it as opposed to only points gained through levels. Now I can see why nobody protested.

Maybe you're an archer so it'll be OK.

Crossbows

You're in luck a buddy of mine actually has a character far too perfect for this that me making my own would not do it justice compared to this.

Meet the Pinkerton Man. Named after the famous Pinkerton detective agency:
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinkerton_(detective_agency)

My dex is 13.

>Cute guy is already in the foxgirl I'm in, and I'm ERPing with him later.
Care to say that in english this time?

What's the limit on filesize here and does paizo get a cut when you buy from them or from an outside source?

*Foxgirl game

But really, the sentence works as it stands, too.

Aren't archers the only ones with no real substitute for strength? There are ways to fully replace Strength in melee but the only thing ranged can do is downgrade from composite bows to strictly inferior weapons that don't get an attribute to damage at all.

Please tell me I'm wrong /pfg/, what I just said sounds very stupid to me.

8MB and of course they do

Whoa, thanks. Will use a psicrystal for the ring-switching.

Nice. Thanks. Got it.

What about specific options for general sword/board characters? "Path of War" being not something worth suggesting, compared to (say) "Iron Tortoise Style" or "warder focusing on marks".

They do. If you intend to post PDFs, check the Trove first. If you really want to post them, send them to a cleaner. Ask for QANON's contact info, and send them to her. They'll strip the marks and shit.

Must... resist... urge... to post Shuguru...

I'm tempted to buy all three kineticists of porphyra books since nobody seems to have them and all together they're 8.3MB and like $14. They aren't in the trove either. Maybe it's just me being tired and thinking of doing something stupid.

I talked before about playing games off of Veeky Forums and not enjoying them. I think I came across before incorrectly. It's not really the mechanics, even mechanics I don't like that matter.

I just find that every game I come into off of Veeky Forums has insufferable players or a GM who hasn't actually prepared anything and can't improv. It's the people, not the game. I don't know why. Why does /pfg/ have such a garbage community when it comes to actually playingwe're also garbage people while in this thread don't get me wrong.

what if he uses two double scimitars?

What if I'm finessing it?

what if it's a greataxe?

I mean, I just joined a game out of Veeky Forums that was fun as hell

DM seems to roll with the punches well, the premise of the game is fun, and session one was pretty good times. He's done a good job of giving minor goons personality which makes it fun to interact with them outside of treating them like a block of hitpoints and there's mysteries afoot that I intend to investigate.

An exotic young adult woman stands before everyone, mixing traits of ulfen and tian ethnicity. Her silk-like hair is white as a snow and her big eyes irises seem to be made of amber, her delicate face features seem to come straight from a sculpture attempting to imitate the blinding beauty of nymphs. Her figure is slim in constitution but that is eclipsed by breasts, hips and rear which should belong to a fertility idol from a primitive tribe by how abundant they are.

In her real form, her skin covers with a shinny short white fur, her head and facial features become those of a fox with large whiskers, vivid big and long triangular ears and cute little fangs protruding from her upper lips. She keeps her slim figure but her assets become far more exaggerated, specially her bust, and grows a lush fluffy tail which tip is black colored like those of her ears, the fur of her forearms and legs below the knee.

Shuguru was born in the so called City of Strangers, Kaer Maga, in the district of Hospice. The estranged daughter of an ulfen ranger member of the Duskwardens and an absent kitsune part-time "courtesan" enchantress, Shuguru spend most of her childhood playing with street urchins, listening to the advice of the calystrian sacred prostitutes and learning from wizards, bards and other itinerant adventurers until the day she tried to steal a tome from the Therrasic Spire in a dare. The caretakers, for some reason even today Shuguru tries to figure, instead of killing the insolent girl decided to punish her in a different way, she will be forced to learn thassilonian and help visitors translate ancient texts belonging to that old lost civilization.
During her "formative years" Shuguru became obsessed with the Thassilonian empire: the mysterious Peacock Spirit cult, the disciplined church of Lyssala, the summoning of the Oliphaunt of Jandelay, the War with the Serpentfolk, the great monuments built by the giantfolk... for the kitsune all these facts seemed like fairy tales yet they were real.

Just me or does psychic armory actually just shit on any other martial, even potentially PoW?
SAD, tons of damage, options for control/utility, less dependence on gold, good saves, full BaB
And if i'm reading correctly, you can counter anything that rolls an attack against you with your own attack roll (dubious on this but the wording is ambiguous at best).

Why can I never find these games? All I find is people flaking or people being hyper disruptive. Where did you find this game? From /pfg/? Gamefinder?

When she bloomed into an astonishingly attractive fox lady and a desired singer by many tavern owners of Hospice district, the caretakers told her that she did payed for her crime and that was free of her obligations towards the Therrasic Spire.Shuguru so left Kaer Maga and headed to Magnimar, eager to see Irespan with her own eyes but her good looks and her exotic nature made her become constantly approached by the rich and powerful of the City of Monuments. During a time Shuguru became, like her mother, a courtesan for those living in Alabaster District, both men and women did enjoyed her company until the kitsune grew bored so her desire to explore Varisia and find the treasures of the civilization that obsessed her during her childhood sparked again in her mind. During that time she became familiar with the texts of modern scholars, specially those of Brodert Quink. Shuguru wanted to meet the man in person, so she donated her fortune earned as an expensive lady of the night to orphanages and hospitals for the poor, keep enough capital for herself and headed to the peaceful town of Sandpoint.
Shuguru settled in as a teacher in the Turandarok Academy, spending the evenings in Haladan's bookstore with those members of Sandpoint's community interested into intellectual matters and in special with her scholarly hero. Soon Shuguru started to find that Brodert if brilliant was lazy and lacked the courage to explore the ruins that filled his academic literature, doubts which accentuate when she meet a chelaxian scholar who clashed with Brodert since very first time they meet each other.

From /pfg/. DM posted a Discord link, I hopped in, and away we've gone.

Playing a ZweiSent who's going to go Zwei Sentinel 6/Daring Hero X. Polearm focused. DM's been fun and fairly accommodating with minor details (he let me swap initiation modifiers, since Daring Hero would let me change to Cha-based anyways, to save me the trouble of having to play through 2 levels with a MAD character)

Is that the spookfinder thing?

Wait, no. I mean the infernal one, where it takes place in what is effectively a level of the abyss or something. Sorry, I'm really tired.

I tried to join the infernal one never got a reply back. Oh well.

Aye, spookfinder game.

We just crashed on Spook Island (not the actual name) so presumably next session, after we recover what we can from the crappy ship we rode in on, will be discovering Spook Castle (also not actual name) and getting involved in the meat of the campaign

I need some top-tier battlecries for my Warpriest of Gorum, and I need them soon. Any advice, /pfg/?

Cool, half wished I joined it but I doubt I'd have time for it.

Good day, /pfg/ I made a homebrew Martial Discipline for PoW.

docs.google.com/document/d/1EtAfFqS8MEY1riV9MgCjHkoYY_ZWQ-rpLPQlrt1oB-E/edit?usp=sharing

Please rate and tell me what you think.
Its still incomplete and still no concrete theme other than "Its a cape-wielding illusionist / matador-type performance trick discipline" but I'd like to keep polishing it until its good.

Is there a link to the new PoW style? Fool's something?

I heard it was rather grab-based, which seems fun.

Fool's Errand and it's grasp based not grab based (you'll see).
docs.google.com/document/d/1jWw7bVMARxrXfRuOW20NlRqXEnS_XGLPT6LHTbz2qME/edit?pref=2&pli=1#heading=h.2p89iv9p48ze

Complete the discipline before posting it
Put in short text
Supplelash stance is kinda garbage

Wow, I'm so tired that I misread the price. It's $6 for all three kineticist books assuming there's no tax. Do you guys think it's worth the cost since I'm going to be playing one soon?

You know what I realize? There is no way to be a character focused on insect and bees.

Am I missing something? How should this be done?

Anyone interested in a game?
We do it weekly at 9pm to 1am GMT+8.

We are a fairly old group and we're ok with most 3pp (but not with blatant min maxers). Our old campaign just ended so we're restarting at level 3.

We have, I think, 2 slots. However, our DM is out for the week, so another dude is going to host a oneshot.

We play through Skype and roll20. If you're interested, leave your Skype name here. I'll contact you.

Forgot to mention that it's saturdays

SWARM DRUID NEVER EVER

Clerics of Calistria can get wasp Familiars but that's just weak.

Most of it is pretty interesting, but there were a few things that stood out as a bit too powerful

Are they worth buying since people aren't even putting up the first book?

What holds you together as a group, out of curiosity? Like, what sorts of non-game interests do you have in common and talk about (if any)?

head//honcho//carpaccio sans slashes

I think it's worth the $6 if only for the ideas

Thanks. That is exactly what I was looking for.

And it (Kinda) is grab based. I meant Grab as in the 4e trick (Where you just stop them moving) rather than Grapple (Where you stop everyone having fun while you play with your subsystem)

This will go great on my Vampire Steelfist Commando.

Why does this require a free hand PLUS a scarf? That's way narrow for a discipline. "Illusion based discipline." is good enoguh
Curtain Cover and Veiled Flourish are basically the same thing, just on a boost/strike

Alright, if they get the ok from my DM I'll buy them in the morning (I guess afternoon).

Copious amounts of vidya and the diversity. I am one of the two Malaysians in the group and I find white people amusing (we have another Canadian and American) and vice versa.

Heya, been a long while since I've been a player and frankly I miss being a player, but If you guys need another DM, I have 2 campaigns gathering dust around here.

carl-v-chua
from the Philippines

>free hand PLUS a scarf?
sorry, poor wording. I haven't double checked my content and been busy just word vomitting as much ideas as possible so that I won't forget.

>Curtain Cover and Veiled Flourish are basically the same thing, just on a boost/strike
I forgot about that. Yeah, Veiled Flourish is supposed to deal an extra 1d6 damage.

Any more details? Level? Basic concept?

Nah, we don't need a DM for now
I'll add you on Skype when I get back home later.
damned pinoy

Oh right, I'm still at work, so I can't answer any messages from my skype yet.

Level 3, basic concept of the original DM is big game hunting in a newly discovered continent.

Since the DM is out I'm testing out a oneshot that can serve as a prologue to my idea of a campaign about travelling the world on a train and excavating ancient ruins.

/pfg/ how would you say that different physical stats affect the way a character looks?

Yes.

Higher STR will naturally involve more musculature, higher DEX is more likely to be thin, and, well.

High-CON, low-STR is like that one smug fat guy you're sure should've had a heart attack years ago, but his fat acts like an airbag, your punches do nothing, and he gets sick less often than you and it's just not fair, how does he even DO that.

Strength: Scrawny or Swole
Dextrerity: Clumsy or Lithe
Constitution: Frail or Healthy/Virile
Intelligence: Oafish or Educated
Wisdom: Barbaric or Cultured
Charisma: Unseeming or Confident

>Wisdom: Barbaric or Cultured
I disagree with that, traditionally "savage" characters have a high amount of Wisdom to symbolize their worldliness and cunning.

So a high con and high dex would be like that fat guy from Mulan?

Yeah pretty much.

Wisdom is more "Naive or Insightful."

Perception, Profession, and Sense Motive are all WIS-based because they're about attentiveness, experience, and reading people respecitvely.

our Malay friends still looking for member huh?

Yeah the chick we scouted last time pulled out at the last second due to life stuff.

>High Con = Virile

Would a female with a high Con score have large tits and child bearing hips?

Could be. Most without tend to be more prone to dying during child delivery.

T H I C K
H
I
C
K

Who is this cum cleric?

There's a table for that.

Too bad I've a regular RPG session on Saturday night or else I would join.

Good luck to you though.

Only three stats are technically physical, though charisma is often tossed around as beauty as well.

In truth I only really think strength, dexterity and *potentially* consitution represent actual physical appearance. In particular strength, dexterity and agility have a relationship in real life, whereas in most roleplaying systems they don't.

Strength could range from being small or simply 'not fit' / flabby to very well toned or hulked out.

Dexterity is harder, because its more about movement and grace than it is physical appearance. A 'mid/high strength high dex, but average con' character could look something like bruce lee. Whereas a relatively high strength, high dex character could look like an acrobat or ballet performer.

Constitution is a mixed bag on its relation to appearance, because it's more about 'healthiness' and stamina than anything else. A higher con character is more likely to look 'filled out' than a low one, and in general doesn't get sick very often. They might be 'fatter', but they don't need to be. A very high str / high con character could look like a strongman.

Int and Wis have absolutely no relation to physical appearance, they are mental stats.

Charisma is technically a mental stat, but people like to relate it to beauty, instead of represent it as what it is: force of personality. a low charisma character is a shrinking violet, imagine a meek potentially agoraphobiac librarian that no one really takes any notice of - She could be beautiful still, but no one ever notices her and she lacks the confidence to try and be noticed. Where a high charisma character could be small, half blind, scarred and ugly, yet still command the attention of entire rooms, Tyrion lannister for example is an exceedingly high charisma character, despite not having a nose, mismatched eyes, being a dwarf and in general being regarded as ugly.

Hate to ask, but does anyone have a link to a copy of magic tactics toolbox? Any form is fine (pdf, imgur, etc.), no archived threads seem to have it.

>Claims there's a table, fails to say where

Is Carry Companion spell a good and cheap way to store items? Just put everything into Saddlebag and cast Carry Companion?

Can I use the spell on Stone Horse?

Thanks.

Dexterity probably more relates to the nervous system and cerebellum than any outward physical traits.

Wide hips have no relation to child delivery at all.

sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/03/150313094557.htm

...Did you read your own source? That says that wide hips don't make it harder to walk, and that we have no real idea why women's hips aren't wider to allow for easier child delivery. You literally posted a source that says the opposite of what you did.