Warhammer 40,000 general

Start collecting Edition
>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Pro-Painted-Warhammer-40K-Tyranid-Carnifex-/172135018164?hash=item28140beeb4:g:vD8AAOSwoudW6DU6
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for the Imperial Church.

>Eldar are a shooting race
>I5

nth for genecults and nids aren't BB which is bullshit

Taufag army in their quest to shit up 40k strikes again.

>eldar are a fast and agile race
>I5
weaker than usual meme user.

>HoR got updated
>buffed a fair few armies
>didnt even look at orks

What species is that? Can you imagine the screams of terror among the guardsmen when they have to face these abominations?

I have seen worse. It's every single Tau model.

BB?

>name my striking scorpion exarch Johnson.
>say "Beware My Claw" at every challenge he's involved with
no ones gotten the reference yet, but I'm not stopping.

battle brothers

He's a lobster, not a scorpion.

rename the crusty crab into the cheesy scorpion?

I'm pretty sure neither of those earth animals existed on the eldar homeworld. So close enough for me.

They're imperial designations user, that goes probably to all the other xenos codex.

HoR buffs shooting and nerfs assault. Therefore it sucks.

Where did you get that from? In both blood angels an assassins they let you assault out of deepstrike /infiltrate

Im sure it was added elsewhere, and thats huge.

What did they nerf? Melee was already sub par in the tiny scale and single model units

So a real tank platoon, more or less, would be something like:

3 Emperor's Fist Armoured Companies = 9 Leman Russ 3 Tan Commanders and 3 Engiseers. + HQ Tank

Or

3 Armoured Interdiction Cadre = 9 Hammerheads + 3 Skyrays. + HQ Tank

Or

3 Armoured Task Force: 3 Technmarine 12 Predators. + HQ Tank

How effective is that?

point. Not stopping the reference though. Going to paint the exarch black and red too, because.

it wouldn't be a very fun list to play against, but any army with enough melta or las will crush you

That's not a platoon. That's a full company.

>The last miniature you painted is coming in through your front door to kill you
>You will be protected by the miniature you painted before that

How fucked are you fa/tg/uys? A Bloodthrister of Insensate Rage will have to get through the Blue Scribes. This could end very fast or very slow depending on what the Blue Scribes get.

A Company of mechanized infantry would be something like 12 APC+Infantry Squad in each APC + Antitank/Machinegun Platoon (27 men) + HQ.

A guardsman is coming to fight a guardsman.

What are my chances again?

>5 cultists painted at the same time squabble incoherently about who is fighting who

how 'painted' are we talking, but the last thing I did was detailing on a thing I painted a while back. And before that was another thing that I got just to three color minimum and is certainly not done.

But if fully painted and happy is the question.
Swooping Hawk Wants to kill me, Striking scorpion is protecting me. Would be bad if the Hawk to just fly around potshotting me, but you said it was coming in through the door. So I'm fine.

>no one is defending me
>no attacker either
It's good to be a pleb sometimes.

A tactical marine is protecting me and trying to kill me!

>hormagaunt is fighting a genestealer patriarch
wew good luck

>1 Firewarrior vs 2 Shas'ui Firewarriors.

It's OK. Unless he throws a Flash Grenade.

A chaos lord is coming to kill me
A knight crusader is going to defend me

I'm pretty sure we are all attacking you, as is everyone you play with.
Paint something you lazy fuck.

as painted as you want, my bloodthrister could use some more work but i'm tired of working on him. not to mention the ' accident' i had with some basing work recently

paint your stuff seriously, you're missing out on 1/3 of the hobby

50/50

I'm brand new to collecting and too poor to buy paint. I'm waiting till have have my first 1000 points collected.

well in that case don't feel to bad; but don't buy too many models or you may never get them all painted. i know more then a few people that never paint despite being in the hobby for decades

In that case a Farseer is coming to kill me, and a Crimson Hunter is there to save me. He might succeed but I'm pretty sure my house will have a big hole in it even if he does.

then never mind. but see about getting a few paints to start soon.

Black primer, Three base colors and agrax will go a long ways.

I've got the vast majority of 4 Leman Russes built, in the middle of magnetizing the sponson and hull weapons right now. After they're done I need 2 chimeras, 2 squads of Steel Legion veterans, and a Kreig tank commander because muh fluff

>a scout
>contemptor dreadnought
wew

Literal cancer to play against that

Painboy coming in vs a Weirdboy
I honestly couldnt say....

A kataphron destroyer is trying to kill me and a Necron with gauss rifle is trying to save me.......
Yeah im dead

>A Grey Knight is coming in to fight me
>I'm defended by a Dreadnought
AHAHA FUCK OFF GREY KNIGHT

ebay.com/itm/Pro-Painted-Warhammer-40K-Tyranid-Carnifex-/172135018164?hash=item28140beeb4:g:vD8AAOSwoudW6DU6

Go on eBay, find your favorite model, and post the worst paint job you can find.

Dear god.

If it weren't for the free handing that wouldn't be that bad

I sure hope thats not pic related, It looks fine. Yeah the paint needs to be thinned but when theres shit like
It looks downright professional

Oh but it is pic related. It's 'Pro-Painted' and it costs almost 2.5x the retail price. It's pretty much the only terrible looking one I could find on on eBay at the time.

I would have expected worse

at least it is a metal model you can just drop it in the acetone

I'm considering a Nurgle + Slaanesh Daemons army. Are their competitive builds for their units that arent WAAC?

Neither really manage to break the top cheese barrier no matter how hard you try to.

So WAAC away.

Zog me, oi shouldnt 'ave laffed at 'orus

Hey guys i've been tossing an idea around in my head and wanted to write it down somewhere and get some feedback.

As a way to help assault armies which desperately need a leg up I was wondering if a disorganized charged could be reworked into a sort of "snap fire assault."

The idea would be that any unit could assault during the assault phase, but if they normally couldn't do so (because of firing certain weapons, getting out of a rhino, running, etc...) then it would count as a disorganized charge.

A disorganized charge in this way would have a few effects. First you wouldn't get any special rules that activate on the charge. So no Furious Charge, Rage, Hatred, Hammer of Wrath etc.. Also you wouldn't +1 attack for charging.

I feel like this would still be very strong and maybe an additional weakness like -1 WS would help or something.

But tell me what you think.

>how do we make assault better
>i know, lets just let them use the shooting phase!

user thats dumb. All the assault units worth a damn already have assault weapons or ranged weapons at all.

>

>user thats dumb.
B-But user, all I did was laugh at the ork's joke.

Pass.
I still prefer the "Legacy" patch.

Not actually assault in the shooting phase but make it easier to get the assault.

Imagine if Khorne Berzerkers could assault out of Rhino's just at the cost of Furious Charge and no extra attacks.

Or if Orks could assault after running without a Waagh, but have some down sides.

"Legacy" Patch?

>"who are you?"
I'm you, but 'Tau'er.

>10 KB JPG
>>The last miniature you painted is coming in through your front door to kill you
A skitarii vanguard with omnispex is coming to kill me.
>>You will be protected by the miniature you painted before that
An Emperor class battleship is defending me

I don't even know

>Dreadknight wants to purge my heretic ass, Iron Warrior Slaaneshi prince is defending me
well, fuck.

I dont actually mind the restrictions too much. Charge should be reverted to 6+d6 (or, dare i say 6+2d6?)

What i really want for christmas is for weapon skill to not be a literal joke compared to BS

Falling back on RT/2e rules.
Hit penalties for move and shoot, long range, targets in cover.
Bonuses for shooting at large targets.
WHFB style weapon categories, So Assault is Quick to fire, Rapid fire unmodified and Heavy is Slow to fire.
AP as save modifier rather than ignore/do nothing.
Ward after Armour saves
ID->Multiple wounds
And a personal tweak rolling back most non-bolter AP by one.

how about if we use the to wound table for combat instead?

>grey knight players face when not even draigo can hit a bloodthrister in combat

Did charge used to be 6+D6 or was it just 6" always?

Oh and the cover hit penalty applies to overwatch too.

So charging through cover isn't 100% negative

Maybe make hits on 2+ and hits on 6+ a thing?
Change the table up to hurt low WS more and help higher WS more?

I think that would be great, I think speed is the hardest part of assault. Some way to charge after exiting a vehicle or running I think is key.

Is there an official write up I can check the details of this out?

>anything under WS5 can't even touch Hive Tyrants
epin

6", or 2D6 pick highest if charging through difficult.

The more assault friendly edition s had it 6"+d6

Don't talk to me or my son ever again

>carnifexes hit marines on 5's.

that just makes most assault units garbage, while further buffing monsters and characters

you want to know how to make assault immediately better? Ditch true line of sight.

>Want to start playing Grey Knights because my meta is filled with Chaos nonsense
>Realize my guys will never kill anything
Fuck.

it's not a complete joke, it just functions weird because of how much it is about being 1 higher than the other guy.
So WS5 is important because it lets you be higher than the standard 'good in melee' WS4. But then in the WS6-8 range it's all about being just better than this small number of guys.

may have a point. The current 'double+1 or higher' bit is a little extreme to get a defense edge.
I'd propose that double+1 or higher is what lets you hit on 2s (keep it rare, and really murder the low ws guys), and in terms of going harder to hit it goes.
3,4,4,5,5,5,6. 3 being 1 point below your WS.

Though if we did this, I'm not sure about vehicles counting as WS0 to be hit.

you just made me look at all the tyranid WS and now im angry again
>hive guard have a higher WS than most of the codex and they're a shooty unit
fuck you cruddace

vehicles could be auto hit?

Nope, it's just an amalgam of ideas Veeky Forums had in the last years that i as supreme judge of worth picked through with no playtest.

Hell i think that post was the most complete piece of them, rest are scatted as memos in a drawer, notepad notes on my pc and emails I sent to myself.

>his army isn't baseline ws5

this is how you disappoint the dark gods but you're right about line of sight

true line of sight slows down the game so much

holy shit i am retarded
i've spent all these months not understanding what people meant by ditching TLoS in terms of buffing assault, thinking they were talking about model view for shooting, but i just remembered that you have to be able to see the unit you're charging
it makes so much sense now

I might right up something then and pitch to my game group. If I do i'll drop it here as well.
Thanks a tone.

>not wanting the peekaboo logic of "if I can't see you, you don't exist" in your assault army

Attacked, and defended by a Plague Drone.

Feel free to.
I'd offer to help but I become an autocratic asshole when it comes to collaborative works.

I'd make it this.

..... 6+ / 5+ / 4+ / 3+ / 2+ ....
Simple and makes those extra points really matter. Doesn't change MEQ vs most MEQ but imagine tau with this set up.

Either that or just dont make it a chart at all. Make WS function exactly like BS where its just a value you role against.
WS 3 need 4+, WS 4 needs 3+, WS 6 needs 2+ with a reroll of 6+, and so on.

No. Worried the other way. None immobilized getting hit on 2s by fire warriors. But that's a minor thing

>All those wasted doom sirens

>WS as BS.
AoS >

Too fast. We effects both sides of the combat so to fast a chart makes even a small surrender too swingy. The current chart is too little but yours is too much.
≥no chart
So a demon price gets hit just as easily as a grot?

Small difference. Just being ws 5 shouldn't mean you hit guardsmen on 2s and they only hit you on 6s.

>tfw he wants $150 for him and has 5 star reviews.
>tfw it's been bought before

Might as well advertise my shit as pro painted and make a few bucks

I do miss having a comments section.

>better fighter than a space marine
>vs the emperors finest cannonfodder

Not so sure about that fampai

Melee desperately needs to hit on 2's though.

Or at least get free rerolls at high weaponskill like BS

Well, when you've got a logo like that you know you're paying a sweet deal for it, I mean, it's practically a steal!

my group has a weird reroll thing similar to BS
for example, WS9 vs WS4
you only need WS5 for a 3+ against 4, so you subtract that 5 from the 9 for the reroll, so you reroll at WS4 which gives you a 4+
its stupid but its markedly better than just a 3+