MTG Pauper General: Ignore Modern Players Edition

My news feed is spammed with people dorking out about Eternal Masters.

>MTGO Pauper Guide
cardhoarder.com/mtgo-beginner-guide

>What are some top tier decks I can get on MTGO/Paper?
mtggoldfish.com/metagame/pauper

>BUT I WANT TO SEE ALL VIABLE DECKS!
tappedout.net/users/fruuty/deck-folders/

>Which rules should I follow?
If you don't already have some homebrew version with friends, follow the MTGO card pool and banlist (and please spread this to your friends that start playing with you). Currently the only place Pauper is officially supported by Wizards is online, and they have a card pool and banlist, therefore that is the format we should be using offline on paper as well, since decks and cards can transfer to games between each other with no confusion.

>WAHHH THATS TOO HARD WHERE...
mtg-hunter.com
The bottom left has a box, select MTGO Pauper, all cards in the card pool and banlist are taken into account.

>What deck should I use?
Ask in the thread!

>Is MTGO worth it?
If you have no local paper competition, but want to play a vast amount of Pauper, it can't be beat, even if it is a clunky GUI, you learn quickly.

Some good decks for newbies include but are not limited to:
>Burn
>Elves
>Goblins
>Stompy
>Slivers
>Affinity
>Mono U control
>UB Teachings

Other urls found in this thread:

deckstats.net/decks/65794/500068-b-g-pauper-zombies
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/card-image-gallery/eternal-masters
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/gb-elvish-pauper/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Looking for suggestions! Making a box of decks, wanted to get mono colored first, what are my best bets?
Burn, Soul Sisters, MBC, Delver, Stompy is what I had been planning on, as I want a nice representation of the meta. I know MBC is going to shit on the other decks except Burn, and Soul Sisters is auto win against Burn, but those are the best mono colored decks yes?

I plan on multicolored decks after. All these double sleeved will still be cheaper than a Modern deck.

Timberwatch was common up till now

Aren't they all uncommon? Exhaustion, Mana vapors, Arcane Laboratory, Curse of Exhaustion, rule of law - nothing common

How would you rate the power level of these decks? Which decks are the Top 3?

Is suicide black a thing in Pauper?

MORE DOWNGRADES

Yes and it is awesome (if you really like turn things sideways)! Guy at my LGS plays it. Vampire Lacerators, Carnophages, Pulse Trackers, etc.

So I'm pretty hyped about Nimble Mongoose entering the Pauper format. Any ideas on how to build with it? Would it be better in a G/B control/tortured existence deck or a G/U control delver shell?

I would rather pick G/B for golgari shenanigans but I was never a graveyard player

Did the Vessel cycle from SOI make any kind of a splash in Pauper?

Awww yiss, it's time for pauper zombie

Does that even count as common? What does the MTGO List say?

>Does that even count as common?
Yes.
>What does the MTGO List say?
Don't know but the rarity is common so it's a common

Mono U Delver has good matchups against all of those.

you can go U/G Delver, B/G Tortured existence, or brew something yourself. I'm working on one, but it's mostly an old Odyssey standard deck.

>it's mostly an old Odyssey standard deck
List?

I actually have a RUG Delver deck I've been playing with friends. Really excited to use mongoose. Right now my green one drop is Skarrgan Pit-Skulk and I've been looking for a replacement.

Mind to share it?

So Brainstorm and Daze are now Uncommons to you?

ugh, pls don't pretend to be retarded user. If something was ever printed as common, you can use it as common till end of the world

Sure, I'm on mobile, so it'll take a minute to type up. Stand by.

That's not how Pauper works.
How Pauper DOES work, is that if ever got released on MTGO as Common, it's playable.

EM gets a release on MTGO, so Mongoose is playable.

So I really just threw it together over the course of about an hour. I was expecting a lot of slowish aggro, and I predicted correctly. Blew RW soldiers, Goblins, and B Devotion out of the water.

Creatures:
4 Delver of Secrets
4 Skarrgan Pit-Skulk
3 Spark Elementals
2 Hooting Mandrills

Instants
4 Mana Leak
2 Negate
4 Brainstorm
4 Lightning Bolt
3 Vapor Snag
4 Mutagenic Growth
4 Gitaxian Probe
3 Ponder

Lands
2 Thornwood Falls
2 Swiftwater Cliffs
3 Evolving Wilds
3 Terramorphic Expanse
1 Forest
2 Mountain
6 Islands

The mana base could use some work, probably, but it worked out okay.

Looks pretty useable, my friend is UG player so she will surely try it

It's going off what I remember of some asshole's deck from 6th grade so expect some inaccuracies

4 Nimble Mongoose (the bane of my childhood)
4 Werebear
4 Diligent Farmhand
4 Muscle Burst
4 Wild Mongrel
the rest is kinda hazy, I think there was chatter of the squirrel and elephant ambush in there too. I'm pretty sure it was mono green

I run 2x of the green vessel in my tortured existence deck. It plays well with Commune With The Gods, and lets me replace a Satyr Wayfinder because I don't like that it can't get you things other than lands.

I'm pretty excited about the 'Goose. Considering cutting Teachings out of my gauntlet and putting UG threshold in.

Can you post a list? I'm trying to make my first green/black graveyard deck but I'm terrible at this colours deckbuilding

So I committed this B/G abomination. Any tips? This is my first deck with these colours so I know it might be reatrded. Thinking about changing satyrs for sanitarium skeletons

deckstats.net/decks/65794/500068-b-g-pauper-zombies

Started out MTGO by buying a 10 tix burn deck for this format. I've been running into some decks using life gain which caught me off guard and I've been struggling to outpace them.

4 Keldon Marauders
4 Goblin Fireslinger

4 Chain Lightning
4 Lava Spike
4 Lightning Bolt
4 Needle Drop
4 Curse of the Pierced Heart
2 Incinerate
4 Searing Blaze
4 Rift Bolt
4 Fireblast

3 Electrickery
1 Incinerate
4 Smash to Smithereens
4 Mardu Scout
2 Molten Rain
1 Relic of Progenitus

Can I get some tips for sideboard options against life gain and if anything could be better improved with the mainboard.

Flaring Pain is useful against those Prysmatic Strands (and it turbofog, I guess).
Flame rift against slower decks like MBC and Tron.

Can't afford the flame rifts for now. Flaring Pain looks pretty legit so I'll pick em up.

Is there a free way of practicing playing sealed? I don't want to enter sealed with my new player points and job 0-3.

xMage has the best sealed practice, IMO.

Also, Flame Rift is a likely candidate for a reprint in EMA, so wait for a while before buying it if you decide to. Maybe a Pyroblast or 2 too. Actually, hold off before you buy anything, EMA is looking sweet so far.

Is the player population large enough to do sealed conveniently? Looking at the forums and it seems pretty slow.

UW tron and Tortured Existence here. Going to give Tron to a younger cousin.
Found something like 7 gorilla shamans while going through my piles of cards.

Alright boys, I need some advice on constructing BW Eldrazi and Taxes. I'm looking for the correct number of creatures. I currently have a couple of eldrazi and I need to pick up the other staples.

Does anyone have any experience with this deck?

Wrong thread friendo.

Your mana denial game is pretty weak, but you have really pushed creatures. Flickerwisp is possibly the best creature in the deck.

I've had a few to drink tonight and did the ol' "ctrl F: modern" and missed that this is Pauper.

Ill be on my way.

Also, RUG Tron is busted in pauper.

pls tg. pls.

Tron comes in UW, RUG, G, GR flavors.
Don't forget the Elven menace either.

Wut.

RARE
A
R
E

Modern was the best thread to put this, I don't think the other formats care that much.
You did get slammed in /edhg/ though.

I told you it still has MM2's collector number.

Try to avoid having 2-ofs like you do.
Your deck deserves 4 Satyr Wayfinders, 4 Gurmag Anglers and, probably, 4 Undergrowth Scavengers, even though I don't really like those because of their mana cost. Remove Gnaw to the Bone and Pulse of Murasa. Shambleback is also a bad card, I'd avoid using it. Dunno if Vessel of Nascency is worth it, honestly.

Your deck is also terribly lacking removal, which is especially egregious considering you're playing black. You should consider things like Doomblade and Disfigure. Keep it low mana. Geth's Verdict is also good to go around hexproof stuff in case you find it.

121 is BUrningh vengeance
123 is CHaing lightning
but i like your bait user, would be nice to see someone get mad at it!

fixed for you bud, gotta try bait some modern cucks

It's too late, I already did. They bit it hard. One even tried to justify the rarity.

>One even tried to justify the rarity.

Cuck format, cuck players.

lmao posted it without checking and now it would seems we are forcing it
whatever

I boiled this deck from whatever I found in my card box yesterday so I know it's really bad.

>Remove Gnaw to the Bone and Pulse of Murasa
I tought it would be a good idea to have some life gain because I want to add some draw like sign in blood. Gnaw gives me life even if discarded so I don't really want to drop it

>Shambleback is also a bad card
Shame, I tought that graveyard removal with 2/2 token will be useful. Maybe Vile rebirth? Instant suprise blocker for B?

>Disfigure, geth's verdict
Out of stock in local stores and I don't really want to pay 500% shipping of their price

OP here, not that you digglewicks care, but I ordered all 5 of the new Iconic V.2 cases that come in the 5 colors for the mono decks. Also ordered a set of each color KMC HyperMatte with the penny sleeves.
Only deck I have so far is Burn. Found a good reasonably priced MBC, which is next.

Any ideas of a case that can hold multiple deck boxes and 2 player mats? Thinking about making it pauper themed some how.

It's fine m8.

Lifegain for the sake of lifegain is usually bad, as it doesn't get you closer to victory or solidify your boardstate. It is powerful only when it's incidental thanks to cards that you'd want to play anyway or if it's part of a combo. Since your deck kind of wants to focus on shitting creatures (otherwise, not much point in making a tribal), the lifegain isn't a priority. Look at it this way: the mana you spent to gain life could've been spent either removing the threat that will kill you on the turn after you gain life or putting down creatures that your opponent will have to block if he doesn't want to die (thus, stopping an attack).

Vile Rebirth would be better, yes. Still not a very good card, as there's not much you'd want to respond to in pauper graveyards. Maybe put it in the sideboard in case you find some reanimator deck that wants to put Ulamog Crushers on the field. Keep in mind that deck will be using Exhume, which doesn't target, so if your opponent has two valid cards in his graveyard, it's useless hate.

>Disfigure, Geth's Verdict
Fair enough. Try to keep track and get them as soon as they're back in stock, or talk with people at your LGS and see if they have any for trade. They're pretty good commons and almost instant inclusions in any black deck, imo.

Thoughts on this RUG delver list?

4 Delver
4 Nimble Mongoose
4 Werebear

4 Lightning bolt
4 Mana Leak
4 Fork in the Road
4 Brainstorm
4 Gitaxian Probe
3 Vapor Snag
3 Ponder
2 Miscalculation
1 Pulse of Murasa

4 Evolving Wilds
2 Thornwood Falls
2 Swiftwater Cliffs
4 Forest
5 Island
2 Mountain

Why not Mandrills?

Is there any sense in spalish for green and black in elvish deck?

Works against threshold.

Why aren't you guys flipping the fuck out over this?

Huh, the day I decided to make elvish pauper deck - lucky me

Elves, Stompy, and Goblins should get a lot cheaper now.
Should. Never know with chucklefuck speculators.
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/card-image-gallery/eternal-masters

Because it's red/green. That combo sucks ass in Pauper.

Probably won't see any play but it's an option I guess.

>Probably won't see any play but it's an option I guess
Why? Price? Usefulness? It's seems pretty good if you are playing 100% elves

>Bolt and Rancor in the same deck
>bad

Here's your you

Naya zoo is hard to work with when you don't have duals or fetches

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/gb-elvish-pauper/
Tips?

Sure. Just look at all those red-green decks winning all the time. Sure showed me.

Retard.

Red + Green + more colors decks are actually 20% of the meta.

Are RW tokens viable? Red for burn and the flashback cost of Rally the Peasants.

>Rally the Peasants
But this card is uncommon

enjoy giving us out free wins at FNM bro.

nice fucking 8$ commons only deck.

By golly it's impossible for new cards to influence a meta

Holy shit see you in a couple weeks when people are playing Zoo variants

Not any more cool guy

>nice fucking 8$ commons only deck.

WHERE DO YOU THINK WE ARE

Don't you have another general to shit up? Go meme it up with your Collected Cuckpany decks elsewhere

Oh my - my EDH soldiers gonna love this

So my bros how fucked are we financially by the shit ton of Uncommon upshifts? Will we start having to pay 100 for decks?

Are you stupid. New prints of the cards, even in uncommon, can only lower the price. We also got a lot of common reprints which means cheaper. Printing and up or down shifting only helps pauper, as they use the lowest rarity cards to begin with.

If you're a Modern player and your shit goes to common the value decreases, but the cards are easier to obtain.

I mean I could spend all day explaining basic logic to a retard but I won't.

>New prints of the cards, even in uncommon, can only lower the price.
Actually, certain cards at certain rarities go up in price, because the demand increases.

EM has next to no relevance for Pauper, tho.