Is your setting's moon god a boy or a girl (male)?

Is your setting's moon god a boy or a girl (male)?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3uRwF12fT9I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

mine is a fox spirit due to a certain players requests

>Implying there is literally anything wrong or unusual with the moon being associated with foxes.

Tricky little shits, those foxes.

hi

Must we try to shove traps into everythi g? I am honestly so sick of this literally gay ass bullshit.

Just ignore the shitposters.
There's like three gay guys who feel the need to shitpost enough for ten fags.

say that to my faec chosen unded not hollowed and see what happens

It's Japan, I've learned to take their overfetishized everything -stuff with humor

>Shoving into
>Gay ass

I see what you did there.

She's a saint, since the 1254 decree of Pope Tiberius I.

Because they're cute, and you're a homo-fag for not liking them

A homo fag for not likeing dicks on chicks? Thats some troll logic there.

A girl when they're the moon goddess, male when they're the sun god.

Hey, that's actually a workable idea!

Boi

Pucci

>girl (male)
I'm not sure you get how this whole girl thing works.

Female. As the moon approaches full her grasp over the world strengthens, and strange things start to happen. During the full moon itself she actually sneaks down to the world to play tricks and cause strife. Different kinds of full moons signal different things, like the blood moon where she hunts for a poor, unsuspecting mate to steal away to her realm.

>moon god and/or god
>implying a single sun and a single moon
user, please.
NO MOONS

DOUBLE STAR ONLY

FINAL DESTINATION.

Or the other way around.

>god
>singular
Come on, some mythologies on earth would have multiple moon gods.

I'm with this guy. I really wish we could stop this stupid meme of "oh it looks, acts, and talks like a little girl but it's really a little boy isn't it so kawaii better get that dress for the ball!"

It's one of the most obnoxious jokes I've ever encountered

>joke
It's called a fetish.

I'm glad you like it!

Some followers argue that!

The Sun God is Thal and the Moon Goddess is Lo.

“First, further the cause of Good.
Second, further the cause of Law, except where such Law would conflict with the First Rule.
Redemption is thy shield, justice is thy sword. Use them well and often.” – Tenants of Thoth

“Plan, scheme and plot, for the good of all people. Let the webs of your deceit strangle the life out of evil as the moons illuminate, in their last moments, the cause of their demise.
Let the cape of lies cover the silver truth of your mission. Do whatever is necessary to bring a better age.” – Decrees of Lo, to High Priest Yol’th

The Light Elves have a quintet of Luna deities for the new, waning, waxing and full. Their genders are not given.
Dark Elves have two, a maiden holding a lit lamp as she walks through the night and a young man who extinguished his as he stalks game.

Dwarves see it as a lamp, hung there by the night watchman god, one of their war gods so those who work late into the night can find their way home. Their gender is not given but largely seen as male.

Humans talk of a young girl who would dance at night, when no one would watch her but the sun god stayed out late one day and caught sight of her. Enamoured he would hide away to spy on her deep into the night.
One day, years later, she grew to old and frail to continue her dancing and the Sun god, thinking she had shunned his attention came into a rage.
He fought his way across the countryside and when the woman heard about this she came out and danced for him personally. She gave her all and at the hight of the dance, her aged body couldn't handle the strain and died.
All at once his was crushed and the sun, eclipsed.
He took her up to the sky and breathed new life into her so they could be together.
Even today she still dances, her clothing and ribbons fly across the sky as the Auroral lights, and the moon continues as the Sun God watches his wife deep into the night.

Dragons see the body of their great mother, the first of the Dragons. This is an fact and to disagree is to show your arrogance, thinking yourself smarter then a Dragon to suggest they are wrong.
Best not to do this.

The Fae have so many Luna Gods, Goddesses, Spirits, Lords and Ladies, Fairies, Immortals and more that it would take a lifetime to list them.

Trolls are convinced it's a world of it's own. They track it's movements and phases, observe it with a myriad of items and artefacts and base their calenders off it's cycles.

Goblins are told it is a dirty mirror reflecting the sun, itself a clean mirror reflecting the moon.

Are your setting's moon rabbits best girl or worst girl?

Sorry, can't see any resemblance.

youtube.com/watch?v=3uRwF12fT9I

see

>the Moon Goddess is Lo
Don't you have the Star God named Behold, by an accident?

I like the goblin's explanation

>addressing sexuality and gender identity in a setting is bad
Why are people scared of subjects like this? Gwyndolin is one of the most interesting characters from dark souls, so you can definitely do this stuff right.

There is no moon god. It's assumed that there was, once, but the moon is now dead and devoid of any sign of life. The elf witches still use it's phases to plan their rituals, but even they know it is dead and uncaring.

But gwyndolin wasn't addressing sexuality and gender identity. It was just there. Like most good things, it simply existed.

I always interpreted it as an important part of his character, especially in regards to how he idolises the sun (masculinity). But I guess it is all very vague. Still, there's nothing with tackling these subjects head on.

>Why are people scared of subjects like this?
Because everyone is fucking sick of things like those and shitty characters whose entire personality is I'M GAY or something whichever being shoehorned 24/7 for no reason at all but to push an agenda instead of being like

He has like two lines. One is telling you that you fucked up and the other is telling you to go away. Aside from him being a magic lady-boy that's also a bunch of snakes there's just not much we really know aside from stringing together a bunch of item descriptions

It isn't though, he never discusses it with any other characters or with the player, there is no conflict to be resolved. It just exists as one trait of his character, no more important than "He shoots a ton of magic" or "He's got snakes for legs".

I don't see how people are sick of things that aren't really covered in depth. Someones sexuality being an important part of their character doesn't mean that it has to be shoehorned or literally all the character is. It's just like any other important personality or character trait, there's good and bad ways to do it. I have no idea what this 'agenda' is either, but I think you're reading too much into it.
Sure there isn't loads of concrete information about him, but he's one of the more important characters. He is alluded to a lot in item descriptions and interactions with the darkmoon knightess, along with his positioning in Gwyn's tomb.

There is no "moon god" but the religion most associated with the moon, the Church of Adrastea, which acknowledges the existence of a single Abrahamic-esque deity but does not worship it, worships Saint Adrastea who is a bona fide female. Like the Dalai Lama, Adrastea is believed (somewhat erroneously) to continuously reincarnate and lead the faithful.

Most of her incarnations are beautiful young women, like the original.

Cowardly and fear humans.
Their goddess (also the moon goddess, natch) has only spoken normally once, and it was to deliver a legendary insult to one of her sisters which was so downright soul-shaking nobody recorded it.
Obviously, the god of hunting and war (associated with wolves) fell in love with her immediately and has been unsuccessfully trying to woo/rape her ever since.

We have lots of threads up right now that aren't about traps, so they're hardly in everything. If the possibility of such a thing in a fictional setting upsets you, it might behoove you to consider why.

Gwyndolin is best snack

I'm still pissed about that.

When did 'behoove' start trying to replace 'befit' and when will it stop?

Well he got pissed out so you can have the remains

Military jargon

>behoove
>it is appropriate or suitable; it befits.

Never. They have different meanings and uses. "Befit" does not befit that sentence, thus it behooves the writer to use "behoove".

savage

Woman. Used to be a lesser god without any real humanoid depiction, until a race o elephant-men started worshipping the moons (setting's got 2) as their mother and protector, then obtained true divinity. Outside the elephant cult, she's also adored as the goddess of vigilance,eyesight,night prey birds and patron of monster hunters,like vampireslayers and so.

>Why are people scared of subjects like this?
We're not scared, we're fucking sick of hearing all about "muh LGBTWTFBBQ rights", especially since you fruity fucks didn't decide to just call it mission accomplished when they ruled fag marriage as legal.

Commenting on a subject doesn't mean you're moralising or trying to shove some kind of agenda down someone's throat. Gender and sexuality are incredibly broad subjects and are a core part of the human condition, saying you shouldn't cover them because maybe a couple of retards you came across shoehorned them into something is dumb.

So, I've always wondered... when did "trap" start including "chicks with dicks"? In my day, "trap" very specifically referred to someone that was 100% male, who just happened to look girly enough to be convincing as one.

>maybe a couple of retards
There's way more than a couple.

Maybe if you get your information from Veeky Forums story threads.

The controller of the moon is the Orc goddess of Oracles and Omens. Her husband the Orc God of War had a moon for himself too but he dropped it and it shattered into pieces. His wife turned them into constellations to cheer him up.

Neither, it's been hollowed out by the dwarves to survive the world shattering that happened thousands of years ago.

No one worships it.

Depending on who you ask, either not born yet or male (aspect of the god of Humanity).

this is my moon god, many of their prayers and chants are about FUCK ELVES and FUCK DWARVES and FUCK ORCS

Female. She is also pegasus-unicorn hybrid with demonic powers.

I might be kind of boring, but my setting has no moon god. The moon is a powerful thing and a gateway of magic, but has no deity attached to it.

Moon Presence x Gwyndolin doujin when?

For as long as I can remember (like 2007) trap just meant a surprise wiener.

So did Gwyn get fucked raw before getting eaten or just eaten?

Shindol comic when?

Which is it?

this fucking image never fails to make me smile

It's in Dark Souls because in a lot of world cultures the deities associated with the moon have been people with characteristics of both genders, and this is deliberate. Shamans were often expected to have such characteristics, and the whole 'two-spirit' native Americans thing is to do with that, as well as 'hijra' (spelling?) from India. Spirit of a man and a woman in the same body, therefore mystical somehow because it's different - due to what little was known about biological sex variance in those days, even though it's not much different now in societal perception - and they'd be expected to have a more balanced understanding of the people they were trying to help; the men and women of the tribe. They also had/have ancient hormone therapies consisting of ground up ovaries and testes of animals and what-have-you. The meme is pretty annoying though.

So when it's not about you, it's a problem? It feels like an agenda because it's different, and Trump told you it was an agenda. Stop lying to yourself m8.

since neckbeards here started to realize that gay and straight aren't the only sexual preferences available.

Female.
Physically speaking though she's this Alien, Deer, Crystal, Butterfly, Elf kind of amalgamation.
Since I've designated the Moon as the home for "Japanese elves in space."

> girl (male) ?

That would be the God of the Sea, but "his" story is for another time.

It's an inanimate fucking object

Speaking of Dark Souls Traps.

Opinions on Dark Souls 3 new hotness? Young Prince Lothric?

>Shindol comic of Gywen's last moments

A dragon.

My players will have to prove that they brought goodness and friendship everywhere they went or the girl dies.

So far they're one for one and getting closer to the second flag. I gave them a few options so as long as they don't fuck up horrendously they should be able to achieve the 'win' state.

Why did I think I could do all of this in one session?

The smaller one is the elder brother right? Since when did he get the femboi treatment or is it just the robes?

>Since when did he get the femboi treatment or is it just the robes?

He's a cute femboy -albeit sickly- under the robes.

The smaller one in robes is the younger brother. No idea why he's a lady in that picture

The incest Mangas are going to be so weird.

I just realized I GM like I'm writing a VN: many possible choices, certain events trigger flags that change the ending, etc. Is this a bad thing, Veeky Forums? The campaign is mostly about the players interacting with the world, not any kind of "plot," so I feel like it follows the oft-cited "one map, many possible dungeons" style of DMing that Veeky Forums seems to like. Am I being too railroady? How much is too much?

An evil embodiment of dissolution. Basically a rip-off of Atropus.

>The incest Mangas are going to be so weird.

Honestly they're going to be amazing.

No matter who bottoms.

sounds cool to me.

>implying gwyndolin is dead
>Implying she isn't being constantly fucked by slime dick and used as puppet by aldritch as he sucks her power out and controls her body with the slime that has replaced her blood with her mind still entirely intact

what are you, gay?

I'm going to write him now just because of you. Watch it happen.

>she

Did you play the game?

Just because it has a dick doesn't mean it's a girl

Was Gwyndolin a biological female who also had a dick, or just a feminine man?

Isn't Kaguya meant to be represented by a fox? Or is she a rabbit?

>Does it really fucking matter?

A dude raised as a girl for having an affinity for the girly kind of magic. He has genuine tits at least according to concept art where it's the most pronounced.

a born male who got stuck with female powers.

His dad raised him to be a girl so hard he grew b-cups.

Still have no idea about the leg snakes though

>Gwyndolin: I want to be just like you when I grow up dad!

>Lord Gwyn: THAT'S CUTE AND ALL BUT YOU KNOW YOU"RE NOT ALLOWED TO WEAR PANTS. PUT YOUR DRESS BACK ON!

We even find a ring in 3 that makes people treat you like the opposite gender. Says in the description Gwyndolin was forced to wear it.

I wonder how many waifu'd him.

Gwyndolin was born with a strong affinity for divine moon magic. It provided him with unique powers that were unprecedented in Gwyn's family line until now, but the moon power itself acted as a sort of constant hormone therapy to Gwyndolin turning him into a femboy.

Gwyn didn't by himself turn his son into a femboy; the moon magic did most of the work.
Gwyn simply "min-maxed" Gwyndolin's feminization so that his son could use his moon powers to his full extent.

Gwyndolin still identifies as a male, but beyond that he was essentially closed off and shut away from the public entirely.

Believe me, there were swarms of sexually confused gamers.

Right. Has penis, is dude.

>Moon God, Moon God, can't you see?
>Orcs and goblins need to hang from trees.
>And I just love your genocidal ways.
>I guess that’s why they're all so ugly and you’re so great.

heh, Faith builds

In Dark Souls 3 it's revealed that despite his appearance; Gwyndolin prefers to be addressed as a boy.

Yorshka is the only person who had any sort of constant, platonic, friendly contact with Gwyndolin since all the other gods fucked off/died and she addressed him as "brother".

Yorshka respects and loves Gwyndolin a great deal since it's implied through item descriptions that they were both treated to a fair bit of isolation and grew to love one another very much in their shared solitude.

What point does Yorshka even serve in the game?