MTG Eternal Masters Spoilers General

Talk about Eternal Masters (EMA) and every spoiler that pops up during the day.

>Current spoilers
mythicspoiler.com/ema/index.html

The full spoiler will be revealed tomorrow. What are your final hopes?

>The full spoiler will be revealed tomorrow. What are your final hopes?
I've already lost all hope seeing the rarity shifts. Fuck this set, and fuck Wizards.

>The full spoiler will be revealed tomorrow. What are your final hopes?
Umezawa's Jitte at Mythic
Berserk at Rare (not busted in Limited)
Port at Rare (not much better than Wasteland in Limited)

I expect the rest to be jank. Show and Tell is hopeless despite being completely fine.

rare berserk
jitte

Crossing my fingers for Oubliette.

Hoping for Recruiter at Rare.

I'm not ready for $700 Recruiters if they don't reprint.

Why is Oubliette so expensive again? It just seems like a meh black removal spell.

Pauper.

pauper

new format when

But isn't Victim of Night just better? Or Murder? Heck, you can even just play Unmake.

grey merchant synergies

hopefully soon

So, what you are proposing is that WOTC not think about making themselves money and instead print out what ever the fuck you want them to print out and at the volume that you want them to print them? Fuck everyone else, right?

Reprints are about the customer base utilizing what they are given for means of having fun. You play draft or sealed without it being well balanced, the. People will get pissed that it's turned into "everyone plays the same thing" just like what happened with Affinity when it was type 2.

But, fuck what everyone else wants as long as you get what you want, right?

Why would anyone other than vendors buy packs then? You could just buy singles.

If a set isn't built for limited, there is actually no reason to buy packs unless you are a vendor or are retarded.

>pauper is so underpowered gary + worse o-ring is good
I see.

And where those singles would come from, senpai?

WOTC makes the same money no matter what.

Or alternatively they could stop making trash cards so that packs are actually worth buying.

honestly I think the set looks fucking great, definitely more value in this than MM15 at the least and several of the new arts are gorgeous

>If a set isn't built for limited, there is actually no reason to buy packs unless you are a vendor or are retarded.
>fill set with good cards
>no one wants to buy it because it's not balanced for limited
>this is what draft faggots actually believe.

>make draft awful, no mass pack cracking for drafts
>fill the set with all money rares and uncommons
>only vendors, casuals, and investors are cracking packs
>hardly any singles on the market
>packs are super expensive because its all money cards
F-fuck you wizards, you screwed up again!

>definitely more value in this than MM15
well yes, but that's not saying much

Power is relative user.

Someone has never bought a SOI box.

And I mean you. You haven't.

>>only vendors, casuals, and investors are cracking packs
>>hardly any singles on the market

Never go full retard user.

>definitely more value in this than MM15

MMA15 was an experiment in "how much shit can we throw into a set before people stop defending it?". So it's not too shocking that this set is better than that.

fair enough

which big cards have NOT been confirmed yet? Jitte and Berserk are hopefully in tomorrow's batch, LotV is basically disconfirmed

>print tons of value
>ev is worth more than msrp
>vendors crack packs until ev drops below msrp

Wow, turns out when you don't give a shit about limited and you don't give a shit about draft children getting access to product, you can still make money! Who would have thought that making the average value of a $10 MSRP pack $30 would incentivize vendors to buy it?

>Reprints are about the customer base utilizing what they are given for means of having fun.

Holy shit, kill yourself my man.

This set contains reprints of scarce cards for Constructed formats. Who the fuck cares about the Limited environment?

>But, fuck what everyone else wants as long as you get what you want, right?

Reprints mean that everyone gets what they want, apart from you. Go draft Oath of the Gatewatch if you are so adamant about playing with shitty cards.

No, the point was actually made earlier. If they put all cash cards in a set and make it unbalanced for limited play, then you wouldn't be able to buy a pack.
Why?

1) Vendors would not sell them to stores.
2) Vendors would crack them open and sell the contents on the open market for a bang load.
3) IF you could find a box to buy, it would cost well over $700 per box.
4) No customer base would get a pack. Ever. Not even a handful of packs. Ever.
5) Even though it would be redundant, because vendors won't sell packs, WOTC would set the MSRP of a single booster pack to $49.99. Think on that. $100+ for 32 cards. And they aren't all rares.

This is assuming vendors won't jew the shit out of you because they know the value of the packs.

Not that guy, but you're retarded. Non casuals playing these constructed formats aren't going to crack packs. The EV of a pack will be ~$10 from what we've seen, and it will be a good limited environment too. Nobody cares that you can spend $1000 to fuel your autism. Limited is the true test of power anyone who says different is a sperglord

Some stores get product directly from wotc, but they would probably be selling the boxes for the same 700 funbucks because they're not retarded.

That is not why Eternal Masters was created. Why the fuck would Wizards care to print something for purposes only to lower the secondary market value? They make the most money buy making it fun to be played in limited and have repeated boxes bought.

They already make a box of nothing but chase cards. And they release it every year. You know what it's called? From the Vault. And look how half of the boxes fetch I'm price. Majority are over $100 for a handful of single copy cards. This is why they don't make a booster set of chase cards.

Stop going full retard.

You are so fucking deliriously wrong, it's incredible.

Exactly. But, more so they wouldn't get 10 boxes per store. Look at Eternal Masters. I think the big name stores are only getting 25 boxes from WOTC.

You obviously haven't been playing MtG too long or don't buy booster boxes at a time.

Why would a vendor ever sell a box to a store for less than 500 burgers if they know for a fact they can make 500 just opening the box and selling singles.

My store only gets 20 boxes and he's only selling 10 of them to the more loyal and older customers. Fortunately I'm on the list

Limited removes all skill from the game by introducing variance. You fucks all try to say "oh, it's the most skill intensive format, muh equal footing", but that's totally false. There is no equal footing: whoops, I drafted Pack Rat, I win. The only way for real skill to enter MTG is when variance is as low as possible. Most of the Legacy blue decks are examples of this: you see close to 40 cards in any given game, so the game doesn't just come down to variance.

I would say that Legacy/Vintage have a small amount of constant variance, Modern/Standard have roughly "linear" variance over time due to mana screw/poor filtering, and Limited has quadratic variance, since you can be screwed by both your cardpool and your deck.

So are we not getting anything else spoiled until tomorrow?

I think because then Wizards wouldn't sell to them.

Let me put it this way...

Are you a card shop owner? No?

Are you a distributor? No?

Then shut the fuck up. You have no idea how it works.

To be fair, LSV has had some pretty awful limited decks and still topped.

Lucky. My shop is getting 25, but only using them for limited tournaments. And selling 3 packs per person.

They have to sell to distributors. They can't ship to every single local card shop. It would get far too expensive in shipping costs.

I feel like a big problem with why you think limited has less skill is because you think the ONLY way to win is by being lucky and pulling 'teh best' cards and instantly having that advantage, which is really stupid. The skill in Limited comes from looking at what's available to use and asking "What can I do?" but also asking "what is everyone else doing and how do I beat it," as compared to limited in which most people are doing the exact same or very similar things.

>This is why they don't make a booster set of chase cards.

This is purely the result of scarcity. A sufficiently large print run would tank the prices, even for a set comprised entirely of chase rares.

I sense that you're preparing to make the old argument that Wizards is just a business and they don't care if players get the cards they want for reasonable prices or not.

Right, but if they find out that Distributors are hyper inflating prices Wizards might cut them off.

Sure, there's plenty of skill fine. But there's still less skill.

Do you lose to your own deck in Limited? Yes. Do you lose to your own deck playing Miracles? No. Therefore Limited has less skill, since matches are decided partially by randomness.

>There are people out there that actually believe in this

Toppest of the keks.

I see what you mean, but imo Limited takes more skill BECAUSE of the randomness - you have to be able to craft a deck that not only do you make in one sitting with everyone pulling from a common pool, and you have to be able to do it well enough that you can deal with cards you don't know are in the pool or ones you DO know are in the pool but weren't able to get ahold of.

You know what would make everyone happy? Wizards saying "we'll print this set as demand calls it, so don't try to sell over MRSP or hoard boxes.

That and giving it and a reasonable EV, which seems to be the case for this product.

Ah man , was looking forward to this reprint but

>mythic

W H Y T H O
definitely not for limited reasons. I fucking hate when wizards pull this shit, waste of a slot

Yeah man, Wizards sells sealed products to distributors so that said distributors can hoard them, open them and then sell singles.

No. But, they can't print flood the market with chase rares. Then everyone would be playing Affinity, Red Deck Wins, Reanimator, and Sneak & Show. Then we would have the same fall out of MtG that the market saw during Mirrodin/Kamigawa.

Why is she mythic when her white cousin is uncommon ?
Because Green shouldn't have "good" draw ?
Because Shroud is strong/complicated ?
Because she cost 1 less ?

>white

Again, they can't do that. They know distributors are going to mark up Eternal Masters. And they still sell to them. They cannot afford not to. If they did, little shops wouldn't get product and would close down. And the market will drop significantly.

Winning consistently in limited takes a hell of a lot of skill to deckbuild, evaluate cards and to pilot those completely new builds. There is certainly a higher skillcap in that combination than it is to learn tricks in a prebuild deck.

Because it's true.

argo definitely should be rare , but not mythic , mesa enchantress is alot worse but for fuck's sake they had the chance to print some really good shit at mythic , i hope they dont waste the last slot.

>vendors crack packs until ev drops below msrp

It's a limited run set you fuckwit. All of the packs have already been ordered. If the ev is worth more than msrp it just means that stores will crack them open and leave nothing for the players who want to draft it. MMA all over again.

Distributors already do this with the Masters sets and FtV. WOTC knows they do this. And they have to sell to them anyways.

The only way WOTC would stop selling to a distributor is if they found out they weren't selling the cards at all and keeping them for their own personal use.

honestly, the retarded logic behind it is probably
>she costs one more SPECIFIED mana, so it's harder to drop her
>she's a turn-three drop instead of turn one

there's a difference between marking the price up a few dozen bucks and doubling the MSRP

That's just a metagame problem and they literally just fix it with bans (which tanks the prices for chase rares, by the way). Players could still buy the formerly expensive chase rares. A homogeneous metagame is just a tangential consequence.

and also shroud. forgot to mention that.

>nothing but chase cards
>from the vaults
hardly , there is a couple of playables but then you have shit like Iridescent Angel , exalted angel , serra angle , lightning angel , jenera and archangel of strife making the cut over actually good cards that people want , FTV isnt about chase cards its about cards that are supposedly "iconic"

I guess you can't read. I was attempting to address the hypothetical situation where:

1) The set is not draftable, at all and
2) Theset is sold only to vendors, who have no incentive to sell it to players.

Preferably, sets would be high EV, encouraging vendors to open all product and sell singles. Limited is a joke and cracking packs is absurd. I've played this game for 15 years and I've never opened sealed product.

That's just wrong. Faeries in modern is both more expensive and a worse deck than Burn, yet people still play it.

Because Argo is good and Mesa is bad. That's it. Argo is so much better.

If you haven't opened a sealed booster in 15 years, then Wizards doesn't give a shit about your opinion. You aren't even a customer of theirs. Why would they tailor any product to you rather than the people who do?

Because they're still selling the same amount of packs, just to vendors instead of players.

I get that
But why mythic ? Rare would have been enough

> making up packs a few dozen bucks
> different from doubling

> making up boxes a few dozen bucks
> a few dozen
7 dozen? That's a few, right?

They aren't going to print cards just to ban them. That is possibly the dumbest thing I've heard this conversation.

Not that guy but tumblerinas crying about Bugz n Thungz or too many white people in Innistrad are also not their customer, yet they still cater to them.

Iconic cards are still chase cards.

Chase cards aren't just the most power-house cards.

Chase cards are cards that are sought after for various reasons, power, scarcity, format staples, and collector value.

Ohhh, that art is nice. Gonna grab these for pauper.

You haven't played with a $500 burn deck, have you?

I just want Ravages of War to not cost >$100

No, mine's more expensive because of the foil guides.

Would they sell the same amount of packs? Because as far as I know, a lot a lot more packs are opened by compulsive gamblers and limited players than stores trying to stick their shelf with singles.

Currently, a pack is like a lottery ticket, a pack could contain cards that on the secondary market are worth more than 4 dollars, but probably won't. So, for a store, it is more profitable to sell packs that play the lottery themselves.

But suppose a pack was guaranteed to contain cards that currently on the secondary market are about twice the cost of the pack. What do vendors do? What is more sensible? Sell the pack for three times the usual cost? Crack the packs and sell singles? How long would it take before prices tank such that the pack's EV drops below MSRP?

I just don't see the incentive for Wizards to make sealed booster product not designed to be opened by players. The only reasoning would be as a gesture of good will. Financially it just seems like burning money.

They cater to them because they want them to buy boosters, obviously. They are trying to expand their audience. Why would they cater to someone who is proudly stating no intention of ever buying product?

>competitive pauper is looking crazy likely
>smart decision would be to buy in now
>heart tells me i should buy in despite my hatred for the format

So THAT'S how you faggots felt when Modern was announced. I'm really not into Pauper, guys..

why would you pay money for a game you do not want to play?

You have a weird idea of what the heart represents when used in metaphors pertaining to decision making.

>a pack was guaranteed to contain cards that currently on the secondary market are about twice the cost of the pack

The price of the packs would go up immediately, and the prices of singles remain roughly the same. Welcome to the real world, Neo.

Yes, "chase cards" such as Fyndhorn Elves, Dark Ritual, and Hymn to Tourach.

I'll probably buy a souvenir pack each in German and Japanese when I'm there, and I'll probably draft it once. Other than that, "Masters" sets really don't seem like sealed product that I particularly want to buy. The value you get is going to be an even bigger gamble than usual, and I don't think even an amazing pull will be enough to get me to buy into Legacy.

Possibility of drawing solid value for EDH though, which eases the sting in my wallet.

>No Damnation
>Wrath of God get another fucking reprint

Accomplishing nothing for wizards (as they sell to the vendors for the same price) or the players (as singles remain the same).

Looking back, I definetely didn't want to use the word "heart". Doesn't matter now.

The idea of regret scares me. Regret of not buying in when I had the chance.

>competitive pauper is looking crazy likely
Uh, what?

Don't worry, twenty years down the line, you'll regret wasting your youth obsessing with a card game rather than improving your life in meaningful, productive ways.

Rumors of a new competitive format being announced very soon. Eternal Masters has a fuckton of relevant Pauper reprints and the community of poorfags have been pushing their format for ages.

When a card isn't printed in foil outside of judge/arena promos, then yes they are chase cards for foil versions.

While paper pauper tournaments would be neat, I'm sure Star of David Games would find a way to push Gurmag Angler to 5$ and ruin the whole appeal.