Mesoamerica thread now

Mesoamerica thread now.

Fucking diseases ruined everything.

The conquistadors killed at most 5% of those that died. 80% of all native American's died of disease in the first hundred years. Not to mention the fact that the Aztecs had been ravaged (40%+ death toll) by a massive outbreak of hemorrhagic diarrhea just a handful of decades before the Spanish arrived.

I have no doubt that if Europeans hadn't had disease on their side, the Aztecs would still be around today.

What's with the white guy?

It´s Alix, it´s from a french belgian comic.

He is commiting acts of bioterrorism

he's from Argentina.

I want to know how they got the pain to stick to the stone.

Fucking idiot artist.

good post my white friend

> Twin pipeline thingy

For what purpose?

Can't be water because that shit is RIGHT FUCKING THERE IN THE LAKE, so what then?

Also not even the Romans built goddamn pipelines... aqueducts were just troughs cut into bridges, covered with wooden planks if at all.

Because the lake had salt water.

They bulid pipelines from the springs near to their city as Chapultepec to bring fresh water to people in the city.

>the pipes are filled with blood from the sacrifices

>pipeline is actually a bloodline
Brutal

Maybe not the Aztecs. That was a house of cards ready to fall even without the rampant disease. Would be neat if the whiteys still got their hands on the east coast settlement while some remaining natives controlled the west coast and there were just constant wars in middle America. Mexico of course would still be a clusterfuck of culture.

Is that a marriage ceremony? Because that chick looks really ready to break that guy's pelvis

>I have no doubt that if Europeans hadn't had disease on their side, the Aztecs would still be around today.

Nah, the Aztecs were hated by the locals. They basically farmed them as a renewable supply of victims.

The small number of Spaniards were mostly a rallying point for thousands of natives. They were the ones that did most of the killing. The killing in battle, anyway.

If it wasn't for smallpox, the plague and everything else they introduced, the native kingdoms and tribes other than the Aztecs would have done much better for themselves. That's true.

kek

underrated latinoamerica inside joke

>Aztec.
>With that wispy hair.
Fucking mestizos. Also the lance he is holding was tipical from the Aztec but from one of they enemies...

>WITNESS THESE DUBS!

>the Aztecs would still be around today.

Nah, not so much. The Aztec empire was, as other people said, a house of cards waiting to tumble.

The Aztec government and religion needed constant warfare to acquire slaves in "flower wars" to sacrifice to their gods to prevent the collapse of the Fifth Cycle and make sure the sun kept rising every day. Except, of course, for the fact that they "knew" one day the sun would not rise no matter what they did, and the entire world would end as the Black Sun rose in the East. Because they believed that no matter what they did they were all going to die horrifically anyway, the Aztecs did not lay down sustainable practices for long-term political growth, because they didn't think it was going to matter anyway. Everything had to be bigger, everything had to be grander, more elegant, and more magnificent than the person before you, because living life to the absolute fullest was the only way for an Aztec man to live. It's why they voluntarily fought in slave wars, it's why the had massive acts of ritual sacrifice of their own people, and it's why they were so hyperviolent and pissed off so many of their neighbors through constant warfare and economic espionage.

That's a gross oversimplification of their incredibly complex society, but it's the truth. They weren't going to last much longer before the Spanish showed up, at least as the Triple Alliance.

Now, the Inca on the other hand, was slated to be the next Ming China, and damn well could have been if not for Pizzaros brilliance and sheer luck.

hilarious pictures of the fucking savages that couldn't even invent the wheel

/pol/ please go.

They knew about the wheel but it´s was pointless with out heavy animals to carry things.

>/pol/ please go.
no, I'm just spanish

>pointless
>a fucking wheelbarrow or cart pulled by a person
don't lie, they were too stupid to invent the wheel

If i remeber well, there it´s a lot of controversy because there are codex picture who depict people with a big cart pulling a big stone, it´s from codex Duran.

But there are matters who are to this day a mistery, but even with out a wheel, they created laws, some advances in medicine and other things.

The people of old México had their virtues and vices.

>don't lie, they were too stupid to invent the wheel
>society that has discovered complex metallurgy, irrigation, stoneworking, gemcutting, and land reclamation projects
>stupid

There were tiny wheels found on childrens toys in both the Maya and Incan Empire, and the Aztecs had plenty of round stone and wood in their buildings.

Their terrain and lack of domesticated animals, however, meant that going through the effort to make a wheeled cart was largely pointless, because it didn't augment human carrying capacity by much more than normal and, given the proximity of the cities to one another and to resources, meant that there wasn't much of a need for it.

To counterpoint, they also had highly complex irrigation and earth-moving systems that had not been discovered at that point in Europe, and the Spaniards themselves admit that the cleanliness, order, and beauty of their stone cities was "like nothing seen in all of Spain."

no son, all that advancement bullshit was made up to make spanish people look bad. Their laws were more simple than the hamurabi code and their medicine was shamanistic superstition on par with the knowledge of a medieval european villager that had lived for quite a while

I'm not fucking around just for butthurt, I've been in american schools and they pretty much say that spanish were worse than nazis to diverse the attention from the indians

This butthurt could only be produced from the realization that your country went from world power to practically third world in just a few hundred years.

The Spanish were just as dumb, if not more so, to let everything they managed to conquer slip away from them like that.

>complex metallurgy
WOODEN SWORDS WITH STONES
just look at the pictures in the thread
nothing, absolutely nothing is metallic

>stonework
>this is somehow praiseworthy

>gemcutting
lolwat? absolutely none

they couldn't domesticate animals, for ducks sake
>wheeled carts are pointless
wheelbarrows
>doesn't augment human carrying capacity
now you are just fucking with me and playing devil's advocate

I studied spanish history much better than you
we said that they are fucking savages and they should be grateful that we brought the lord's word to them because opening the chest of a man with a stone knife and let his blood spill over all over isn't civilization
of fucking course it is like nothing ever seen in Spain

>they pretty much say that spanish were worse than nazis to diverse the attention from the indians
Don't see why they all can't be as bad as Nazis at the same time

now you are just resorting to petty insults?

>aztecs were retarded savages
>NO YOU!

fuck you

Calm your tits, spaniard

it's the typical american hypocrisy, they nowaday teach kids that america was awesome and never ever ever ever did anything bad in its history (save slavery of course) and thanksgiving days is to celebrate how well the colonizers and indians lived together in harmony and peace

no, I'm not exaggerating

yeah, I guess I got too excited over this meaningless thing and shat all over the thread, my bad

Paella is the only good thing Spain has ever produced.

The world would be much better off if you were still ruled by the Moors.

He is being a troll, hes is being painfully obvious about it too, i dunno why do you guys are feeding him.

nowadays we call it bait, grandpa

Not blood or algae.
(as a vampire with a vegan fetish I've experienced both)

>Slip away from them like that
In Spain's defense, she got a bad case of 'being-in-the-way-of-the-most-powerful-military-in-Europe' on three separate occasions, and that's not good for your health, especially as a colonial power.

Not even the butthurt Spaniard, by the way. The Aztecs were pretty cool in their own right.

>WOODEN SWORDS WITH STONES

You know nothing of the Aztec lol. Their metallurgy was invested in precious metals, and they made incredible use of gold, silver, bronze, and copper in decoration.

>this is somehow praiseworthy

It is when many of their temples STILL cannot be replicated with even modern equipment and stand of their own accord, especially since they did not have iron tools.

>lolwat? absolutely none

They made very heavy use of precious and semi-precious materials in decoration. They were rare, but they were done.

>they couldn't domesticate animals, for ducks sake

Because they had nothing to domesticate besides dogs, and the dogs they had were small. Domestication requires very specific criteria in order to be done, and the overwhelming majority of animals can't be.

>wheelbarrows
They had travois, which were basically wheelbarrows without the wheel and were drug across the back. It's slightly less efficient, but I can tell you first hand it works surpisingly well, especially in rough terrain.

>now you are just fucking with me and playing devil's advocate

It doesn't augment it enough to justify the widespread use of it when the terrain isn't conducive to them (like Mesoamerican jungle and steppes) and using regular people with travois are almost as effective for significantly lower cost.

>I studied spanish history much better than you
Mistake number one. Study Aztec history next time instead.

>of fucking course it is like nothing ever seen in Spain

They had nothing but positive things to say about the layout of the city and the magnificence of the buildings, and described their stonework to surpass Spanish craftwork. They also remarked on the incredible cleanliness and order of the city, compared to the chaos and filth of European cities of the time. In fact, one of the first things the Aztecs did was dump all the Spaniards in an incense bath because they smelled so terrible.

Please open a book before revealing your idiocy.

>Their laws were more simple than the hamurabi code

lol are you fucking joking

>and their medicine was shamanistic superstition

And yet their hygiene standards were light years ahead of Europeans.

Dude, just stop. The fact that you think Aztec society was "simple" is a huge indicator you've bought into the White Mans Burden and revisionist history, because even the Spanish at the time admitted they were incredibly complex.

You're implying they still have books in spain for him to read. I think the Moors took all of those back when they left a few hundred years ago.

>light years ahead of Europeans

I understand you're doing apologetics for the Aztecs but this is laughable

kek

Honestly when looking for jungle elfs Mayans take the cake.

Veeky Forums as fuck

>jungle chimp thread

>Also not even the Romans built goddamn pipelines

Yes they did (they even had serial codes for who manufactured them), the Roman's also had heated water and sewer systems. They also invented cement, and had multistory apartment buildings.

The Roman's and the Chinese were millennia ahead of their time. Look up "insula" and "cloaca maxima."

...With a brush?
Am I missing something here?

Whoops, wrong thread :^)

Hygenically, yeah, compared to Spain they were. They understood the importance of cleanliness, regularly bathed and cleansed themselves, and had extremely strict guidelines for waste disposal and had sewer networks for waste disposal (as irrigation and drainage are pretty crucial to building a city on a goddam island in the middle of a lake) in even the poorer parts of town. Compare this to Europeans, who literally just threw their shit into the street.

Please take your Iberian turboautism somewhere else.

Bro, you need to read a book.

Start with the ones the Spanish wrote. The Spanish, who actually saw it with their own eyes, the ones you can't stop dicksucking.

The most hilarious part of this whole thing is how he shits on American education here:

>I'm not fucking around just for butthurt, I've been in american schools

but then proceeds to give literally a 5th-grade analysis of the Aztecs that literally anybody who has read even a single book on the subject knows is just flat-out wrong.

I gotta admit, if this is a troll I got got.

>The first furry convention was more violent than anticipated.

>Now, the Inca on the other hand, was slated to be the next Ming China, and damn well could have been if not for Pizzaros brilliance and sheer luck.

And the diseases, of course. When Pizzaro got there, they'd just had a succession crisis and war due to the emperor (and shitloads of other people) dying of smallpox. They were weakened and destabilized.

I'm just delighted that he's here. We make a thread talking about how cool mesoamerica is, and an actual spaniard shows up to talk ignorant shit about how they were "savages"!

I bet if we made a thread about Babylon, we'd get some asshole Assyrian shitposting about them.

So the center of their empire had good plumbing

This does not make them light years ahead of the spanish; not even in terms of hygiene

Nor am I the Spaniard

At 1st I thought that pipeline through the middle was some kind of monorail and now I want a Mesoamerican sci-fi setting.

That would be pretty great.
Especially if the Tenochtitlan "city on a lake" aesthetic was preserved. Setting is run on hydropower?

In regards to aztec myth, were there any gods that weren't incompetent or clumsy? So far all the gods I'm finding either have tales relating how they fucked up big time or are some sort of avatar/subgod for another god with such a tale.
Is one required to be a living blunder in order to be an aztec god?

>Implying the Assyrians have internet access.