Are nuns more paladin, cleric or monk in D&D terms?

Are nuns more paladin, cleric or monk in D&D terms?

What do you think?

Classically Cleric, but Paladin or Monk battle-nuns are both awesome in my book.

They are more innocent bystander like, unless you want them not to be.

As someone from a Buddhist country I hope monk, otherwise it would be confusing,

Cleric is not what you would think it is with most standard variants wearing heavy armour.

Nuns are NPCs. Adepts.

Do Buddhist nuns get to train or is it only males who get the training?

As somebody who went to Catholic school, definitely Monk

cloistered cleric varient

Favored weapon: ruler

Definitely not Cleric, bro. That would imply religiosity of some kind.

A "real" catholic nun would be an expert imo. If we go with a more fantasy setting I would say adepts or cloistered clerics.

Adept.

Gunslinger

I nun would be a commoner, an expert, or, at best, an adept, you mongrel.
Unless we're talking some kind of fantastic battle-nun like adeptus sororitas.

Probably adept. If I had to give them a PC class from 3.5, I'd go with Healer from the Miniature's Handbook. Or possibly Favored Soul, depending on your exact flavoring.

I generally reserve cleric and paladin as more of a warrior with varying levels of divine inspiration than someone with a divine background and a bit of martial training.

Monk is right out, I have no idea what the hell they're supposed to be in context.

Nuns are closest to the imaginary "White Mage" class that is like the cleric only without the ability to armour themselves. In other words, a buff/heal dispenser which has to make sure they don't get hit until their buffs become strong enough that they can embrace CoDzilla.

Do you even realize the extent of what you have just done?

Lumberjack.

Gunslingers.

I want to be pretty like her when I cross dress.

I prefer the cloth wearing priest to the armored cleric in terms of aesthetic anyway. I always felt like clerics and paladins overlap a little too much

They were vicious with those things.

Played a Knowledge Cleric as a nun in an 1800s Victorian-style game where everyone got a free cantrip from any class; I picked Shillelagh. Everyone pretty much decided I was hitting people with a magic ruler.

problem with limiting clerics to wizard armor levels is that it turns them very quickly into just another kind of wizard - at the same time, the supposed price for being able to be an armor plated wizard is that they can only using bludgeoning weapons... unfortunately D&D editions never really made that a particular strong restriction in terms of DPS.

It depends on the edition. In something like 3.5e with classes that are intended to be widely encompassing, then probably Cloistered Cleric is your best option (although a physical Monk nun would also work I guess). In editions with narrow classes like OD&D or AD&D you'd be best just modifying a class somewhat and calling it Nun.

>problem with limiting clerics to wizard armor levels is that it turns them very quickly into just another kind of wizard

They already are another kind of wizard, just a wizard in armour. That's not a big distinction, to be honest.

Clerics are made unique by their spell selection; they were supposed to use their spells before (buff) and after (heal) while the wizard is supposed to blast.

Of course, this got kinda lost in practice.

they are cleric-ish monks

>while the wizard is supposed to blast.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I am currently playing a halfling nun in Adventurers League. Nun is the proper term for a female monk in western culture.

I played my nun as a one-eyed zealot paladin who wore chain under her habit and crushed things with a polehammer in the shape of a cross.

When she heard that there was some glowing magical crap near where OPENING QUEST HOOK NPC described some ungodly creatures rummaging, she immediately assumed the local apothecary (a mage) was behind the nonsense. She confronted him with unfounded accusations of "unwholesome warlockery", to which he immediately responded by panicking, attempting to flee by summoning some of these eldritch mookbeasts, and revealing that he actually was behind it all in the process. We circumvented the whole first encounter and quest because her divine stubborness was spot-on, and in her vindication (after the gunslinger scalped the apothicary/warlock), she took the sinner's unsuspecting apprentice into her charge as a squire and student of the lord's grace.

Also, she had big-ass breasts and zealously hugged people with tears in her eyes when the glory of god overcame her with joy.

Huge tits are always a plus.

yes

Was Tri-classing possibe outside of pathfinder/3.5?

Nuns are commoners with religious affiliations, at most an acolyte of sorts