Pathfinder General /pfg/

qt druid edition

Unified /pfg/ link repository:
>pastebin.com/5F8RNubX (embed) (embed)

Ultimate Equipment Errata (updated 5/19)
>paizo.com/products/btpy8tmc?Pathfinder-Roleplaying-Game-Ultimate-Equipment

Please search for the Uneratta'd content here. Save them, and wait for Nerfonomicon user to compile them.
web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/,
d20pfsrd.com/alignment-description/carrying-capacity
d20pfsrd.com/occult-adventures/psychic-magic
d20pfsrd.com/occult-adventures/occult-classes/kineticist
d20pfsrd.com/magic#TOC-Supernatural-Abilities-Su-
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Remember: we're stuck in this hell-hole together

Can we still bully?

I can't into druids, /pfg/. How do I get in the right mindset to play a right and proper Druid?

am I missing something or does the "form astral armor" power soulknives can get completely invalidate the aegis?

like why would I dip in aegis when I can now just dip in gifted blade (and potentially more), it seems to give me almost as many points and thats all you really need

I am building an Abjuration caster for the first time as I have come to love the abjuration school of magic.

I decided to go with a School Savant Arcanist making use of the Counterspell Subschool.

It seems the Counterspell Arcane Exploit allows me to spend arcane reservoir to counter as an immediate action while the Counterspell Mastery school power allows me to do the same thing, but not have to spend Arcane Reservoir. This adds up to a fair number of immediate action counterspells, free me up to still use my turns for other things. As well the Counterspell arcane exploit seems far more powerful than the school power as I need only use a spell one level higher rather than needing to match schools with the spell.

Can someone help me sort through the more Abjuration or Universal theme'd arcane exploits?

As well is there a bloodline power that helps with counterspelling?

no

Contemplate how huge and terrifying the natural world is, then be a force that embodies it.

be an annoying "any extreme is wrong so I have to constantly change sides to keep everything in balance" neutralfag, because thats what they are by canon

Be this guy.

>Having a good chance to share Druid character art.

Search "Scary weird animals" on youtube. That. That is what druids think should exist. Shit more fucked up than any aberration or undead.

Does anyone know who draws the hyper fox girl that pops up in these threads? I suck at finding things in 5he archive.

Cultivate an air of mystery.

Seriously, though, think about the kind of character you'd have the most fun playing that is in some way deeply connected to nature.

Gifted Blade is low on power points and while Form Astral Armor will last you most battles, its duration is short enough that it eats up your entire turn at the start of a fight and can't really be used for utility to cash in on sweet abilities like all day flight or at will +10 to skills.

5 power points +1 per 2 levels really isn't that much, either. Like even at the bare essentials that's just Stalwart+Initiator's Soul+Flight.

On the other hand, it's a very strong option for a full manifester to buy into with Expanded Knowledge, but still doesn't compare to an actual Aegis.

Are there any core prestige classes or archetypes that give psychic magic and rogue like abilities? If not, any 3pp content?

Think of an aspect of the world that your character holds higher than the others.

Be a cleric of that.

Also, you can be an agriculture druid.

Where is this from? I don't see it on the PFSRD or in UltPsi

Are any races particularly good for Wild Shaping? I was thinking Oread, because of their sweet sweet Str and Wis bonuses, but are there better options?

its in the soulknife augmented web expansion thingy, same one that has psychic armory

Is it worth buying into for a PsyWar?

I've been trying to figure out how to play a good PsyWar, ideally Traceur - and since Traceur is restricted from wearing armor, I need good defensive options.

It's an SRD-only game, and we're not using Path of War. Trying to build an interesting gish but a little out of my depth.

regular path of war is still on the SRD if you mean d20pfsrd.com/, it's just expanded that isn't up

regular has solar wind for your projectiles (not nearly as good as tempest gale but w/e) and thrashing dragon TWF build can be pretty cool too

I know, but we're not using it (the DM is a newbie and we didn't want to overload him with subsystems)

If you can't get into the nature aspect, I recommend playing an empowered intermediary instead. A druid character I'm building right now deals more with the interactions between fey and civilization than anything else, including the little city-fey. Solving a logging dispute between a dryad and a lumberjacks, or protecting an Erlking's grove from a horde of ogres.

At that point it's as much about helping civilized folks as it is the wild.

>Get into Wild Wuxia West Campaign
>Supposed to be high flying Kung-Fu action
>With "Grittiness", whatever that mean
>One player's a support Alchemist
>One player's a Spell Sage Wizard
>One player's a Radiant House Occultist
>I'm the only Kung-Fu Cowboy, Bloodrager/Aurora Soul/Daring Hero
>First session rolls around
>Fuck up some desperados trying to raid our caravan.
>Fuck up some desperados we caught raping and pillaging a village.
>Fuck up some desperados in their base because they called my manly mane prissy.
>Occultist literally builds a prison to house the desperados.
>Level up for bringing law with our caravan.
>Realize that the Wild Wuxia West is a shithole of rape and murder after coming across yet another bandit raping someone.
>Decide that enough is enough.
>None of the nations bordering the Badlands want to bring law.
>So we'll build our own nation.
>With blackjack and golems.

So basically, we're harvest moon now. Our first order of business is terraforming the region. With the PHAT LOOT we obtained from raiding bandits, the Wizard made a few golems that are mining the death valley equivalent for ores we can use. At the Occultist's insistence, we're planning to reclaim the region once we're done by utilizing a few Decanters of Endless Water the Wizard is making to turn the Death Valley into an inland sea of sorts (embed them in the bedrock at strategic intervals, and then turn them to Geyser Mode).

Right now, though, we've taken to the High Ground, and are planning on terraforming that as well. By using a network of Feather Tokens of Tree and Decanters to water them (their leaves will begin the process of turning the Sand into Soil).

My character will be leading the militia (we recruited a town to help us) in putting down Bandits and other people who try to attack us. He's already begun disseminating "How to Kung Fu" pamphets to the people...

Any suggestions for us, /pfg/?

Man, there must have been a lot of ogres if they were going to try messing with an Erlking's stuff.

You mean Shuguru? Pretty sure the guy's name is Jmadoc.

Oh man that sounds amazing.
You're essentially playing one of those cheap-but-fun web LNs where cunning protagonists with subversive abilities set out to take over everything and make it better.

Props to the GM for possibly changing their entire gameplan to run with your idea.

I'd say meet a nice lady of questionable virtue at a cabaret and talk her into throwing her lot in with you. Of course, you'll probably get on the bad side of some fuckugly rich prick who's been trying to get his piggy little mitts up her skirt for years, and he'll send his corrupt sheriff and such around to make life difficult for you.

Invite me to your game?

Seriously, I'm so jealous.

We've already got two more people joining soon, and the GM isn't up for GMing for more than six :(

I don't think it's been changed too much, so far. It was always meant to be something of a sandbox, and a "gritty" one at that - we're meant to be low power. Largely, I think, because the last time he GM'd for us, we were 10th level instead of 6th, and managed to kill a CR 20 not-Islamic Dragon Loli in 4 rounds.

Mind you, its breath weapon nearly killed US when she used it, but then our Crit-Fishers chained Crits... while using outflank... bouncing attacks of opportunity back at each other until they ran out of AoOs.

We're near the border with Kyushu, basically Japan if it had colonies in California, where my guy has some rather negative ties, as he managed to simultaneously piss off both one of the Eastern Territory Shogun General's top men, AND the terrorist Kamikazes who were trying to overthrow their tyrannical government in his backstory.

Said top man is his half brother, as his father was a ronin who emigrated to not!Dixieland and married a southern belle after converting to the local religion. The issue being that before Taiyou's dad went all Barristan the Bold on his Liege Lord, he was betrothed to another woman and didn't know she was pregnant with his child.

So couple that with our alchemist maybe being a wanted terrorist in Not!America, and our Occultist having been thrown out of his Aztec Tribe during the "Flower Wars", and we have plenty of enemies that could pop up to screw us over.

Pic related somewhat - it's our Occultist when we told him we were strip mining the valley, but before we told him that we were planning to reclaim it and turn it into a lake. Also his character's token.

Haha, yes, be excellent to others! We're all suffering through Paizo's rules, no need to make things worse!

>Adversarial Paladin who is pretty much looking for an excuse to kill anyone in the party
>Same paladin's first reaction to seeing a room full of sick bandits is to propose killing them all
>Desnan Druid that doesnt give a shit about killing fey just because they oppose the group
>GM doesnt do shit about any of this
I should leave this group shouldnt I?

>MORE awesomeness

Okay, so if you're adding 2 and the GM doesn't want to go over 6, I only need to assassinate one. Would you rather it be one of the newbies?

You'd have to make it look like kebab did it to avert suspicion. Also fly out to Israel.

Coming back with a silly build from earlier.

Any alterations/suggestions that could be had are fine. The character theme I kinda was going for was more or less big punches from a big robot. Big O!

Warforged - level 6, Steelfist Commando Warlord
Stats 20,14,14,10,10,14 - 32pt Buy
Homebrew rules:
Warforged as ECS, stats: +2 any stat, Plating: Changed to Warforged Bonus Feat. DM debating loss of fortification.
------
Feats:
1. Power Attack, IUS (b), Mithril Plating (b)
3. Dragon Style
5 Mighty Frame (Dm approved)
6. Beast Strike (Dm approved, dragon magazine)
------
School Focus:
Broken Blade, Fool's Errand, Thrashing Dragon, Riven Hourglass.
------
Stances:
Control:Stance, Pugulist Stance, Broken Blade Stance
------
Maneuvers:
Flurry Strike, Swift Claws, Leaping Dragon, Whirlwind Sweep, Close Quarters Combat, Stopwatch, Death at Ten Paces, The Best Weapon is Theirs, Timeskitter.
------
Unarmed damage at six, including a =1 Battlefist, P.Build: STR (1- 1 1/2) + 1 + d8 + (d8/2d6?)slam damage. Power Attack to flavor.

Don't you want to stick around to woo the awoo?

I must be falling behind the meme science because I have no idea what that means.

>Room full of sick bandits
>Dealings with Fae

It sounds like you're in a Reign of Winter campaign, yeah? What I was referring to is a character you meet halfway through Book 2, though if you really don't know who it is than I won't spoil it.

>Best Friends with Ameiko
>Friends of the Family (Koya)

God dammit it shouldn't be this hard to choose between buddying up with Ameiko for that delicious +2 Diplomacy bonus or getting Perception as a class skill by keeping a promise to Nishka.

I've decided on going with pic related as my inspiration for the character, he'll be a Korvosan that moved to Sandpoint for one reason or another and got all buddy-buddy with some of the locals.

Yeah its RoW and I'd appreciate if you didn't spoil it.
I really like the theme despite how little of the campaign I have gotten to play yet and I'll probably be willing to wait years to join a new one if need be.

How the fuck do you play as Ornstein in Pathfinder? How do you play as the Storm King?

That's what the GM gets for believing the "nat 20 on a skill check is automatic and total success" bullshit.

>Completely unbelievable story
>Deception as a skill
Looks like some facebook tier made up story for teh epic.

>How the fuck do you play as Ornstein in Pathfinder?

Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Unorthodox Method trading out Iron Tortoise for Elemental Flux.

>The Nameless King

He's a Hussar Warlord with Elemental Fury replacing Solar Wind.

Ornstein also likely has Piercing Thunder

The Nameless King, I want to say, took a level in Mammoth Rider and got his GM to let him refluff his Roc as some kind of dragon-bird.

How do you play as them without overpowered subsystems?

you don't.

these characters are, in fact, overpowered, and are doing shit you can't mimic without the versatility PoW offers.

Additionally, I'll put in the obligatory "PoW isn't overpowered" but I don't really care to get into that particular argument right now.

Zwei Sent comes with Piercing Thunder out of the box, so it didn't need specific mention.

You don't? Those options are not options regular Pathfinder characters were offered.

>How do you play as them without overpowered subsystems?

They're boss characters, they're overpowered by their very nature.

Can anyone think of any famous Druids from the Forgotten Realms besides Jaheira?

Can anyone think of any famous Druids from any version of D&D?

Paladin that uses his divine bond to enchant his weapon

Warpriest that uses his sacred weapon feature to enchant his weapon with lightning

There you go

How about Artorias?

pre or post corruption?

Warpriest that enchants his weapon with unholy

Both

Artorias is totally a Harbinger.

Depnds on the druid, one I played didn't really give a fuck about the environment because the planet would recover even if sentient life wouldn't. I actually ended up releasing a bunch of self-replicating lizards (which had milk pouring from their eyes and gave off a magical aura that was so otherworldly that it made somebody vomit hard enough to be KO'd for detecting it). They had potential to end all other life but life would continue, he was just really against undead.

Pre-corruption Artoria is definitely a Warder, given that humongous shield. Stupendous Strength build, likely Scarlet throne as well.

Post-corruption is likely a Zweihander sentinel Warder that traded out iron Tortoise for Black Seraph or Cursed Razor.

Use PoW?

What strength would you need to be able to lift and wield a 7,960 kg/17,550 lb weapon?

You would need to figure out your size increases first since it changes your carry weight exponentially if I remember right.

d20pfsrd.com/alignment-description/carrying-capacity

If a psychic caster or kineticist becomes shaken from Intimidate, are they incapable of casting spells or forming their kinetic blast?

>start working on homebrew again
>actually start really enjoying working on it,
>realize that because I like what I'm making, I'm going to have a hard time figuring out what's busted
>don't like being that asshole who comes around daily to beg for feedback
>a tiny part of me is afraid that because I actually like what I made, that it's actually total garbage

Now I remember why I don't do this often.

Thanks heaps, bro!

For kineticists, no, because kinetic blasts are functionally SLAs, which don't have components (so no emotion component to foil with fear effects). For psychic casters, being shaken is a non-harmless fear effect, so it prevents their casting.

You... havent actually looked at how Ornstein fights, have you?

As that number does depend on your size. 48 is for medium creatures, subtract 5 for every size category you increase beyond that.

Shotgun-chakas
Best idea or best idea?

Just need to have someone look it over, user.

Do you have a FAQ that says that? My GM needs definite proof.

Look for any passage that says kineticists need emotion components to cast their blasts. If you can't find one, they don't need one.

A quick Ctrl+F on the SRD page shows that there is no such clause.

Shotgun-nunchucks, I mean

Druids can be a wide variety of things. People concerned with crops and harvest, people who don't care much about anything at all, get off my lawn game preservationists, or even crazy murder hobo's.

Some of my favorite druids (neutral evil) venerate the aspects of the predator and seek to predate on almost anyone, believing heavily in what amounts to darwinism. They'd happily pull your intestines out with a sickle and dance a joyful little dance to the sound of your feet drumming as the last of your lifeblood spilled out at the feet of their god-trees.

Some druids have very strong feelings about things that are 'unnatural' (like undead and aberrations) and treat them as very, very, very fucking kill on sight.

To most, the laws of nature are more important than man... and they're willing to exercise a degree of patience should the laws of man impede them (because nothing man has ever made is 'permanent').

A neutral evil moss lich druid that see's funguses and blights as the perfect predators can be quite an interesting 'bad guy', especially if he's basically making cordyceps zombies to throw at his enemies.

d20pfsrd.com/occult-adventures/psychic-magic

Emotion Components: Emotion components represent a particular emotional state required to cast the spell.

A psychic spellcaster marshals her desire in order to focus and release the spell's energy. It is impossible to cast a spell with an emotion component while the spellcaster is under the influence of a non-harmless effect with the emotion or fear descriptors. Even if the effect's emotion matches the necessary emotion to cast the psychic spell, the spellcaster is not in control of her own desires and animal impulses, which is a necessary part of providing an emotion component.

d20pfsrd.com/occult-adventures/occult-classes/kineticist

A kineticist can use wild talents—magical abilities similar to spells but drawn from the kineticist's innate psychic talent and usable at will. Wild talents are typically spell-like abilities (though some are supernatural abilities)

d20pfsrd.com/magic#TOC-Supernatural-Abilities-Su-

Usually, a spell-like ability works just like the spell of that name. A spell-like ability has no verbal, somatic, or material component, nor does it require a focus.

By the absolute strictest of RAW, emotional components aren't covered under SLAs, but if your DM is going to use that to screw you over, punch them square in the face.

Do they combine into a bo staff?

Hey /pfg/

I have the opportunity to convince my GM to allow gestalt. Our team is frequently very afraid that because of the dangerous nature of our dungeon that we can't schedule until we have usually 5 people (we have a total of 7, but most are gone/busy/don't really care)

Give me some arguments/examples to help me convince him, so we'll be less afraid.

Don't let us live in fear, /pfg/, it's not what the paladin would want

Deception is a skill in 5e, but that doesn't mean this story happened.

"Shits totes fun, yo."

My official absence begins now.

>I'm out of alcohol and running to the store real quick.

Bye Gareth, we'll miss you.

See you tomorrow

Okay.

HEY FORREST.

Why don't we have this thing in PoW, can you make me a discipline for this one thing, why doesn't this class use the stat I want it to?!

If you have a fly speed, is it possible to be considered mounted while flying? I want to make a Syrinx who uses charging lance stuff in mid air.

Good luck.

Path of War sucks
Psionics sucks
Psychic magic is the best thing that ever happened
Aegis has enough features
I buy DSP stuff from Paizo's site on purpose

Unless you're riding something, no.

I think the only 'treat as mounted' thing in the game is like, natural jouster.

And maybe something in PoW, who fucking knows with that mess.

Disgusting

Don't drink yourself into oblivion

That comes later

What does he mean by official absence? Time off or something?

That would help, but if nobody wants to look at it, I don't want to be a nuisance and spam something nobody else cares about. I've seen how that goes.

On the topic does anyone /ELSE/ have homebrew they've been working on?

I mean, there are levels of subtly in bait.

You completely missed it.

There there, user. Maybe this picture of pfg's most favourite super attractive mascot will cheer you up!

Getting the kid from the ex, as I recall.

I have a couple of races, but they're a bit 1 dimensional at the moment.

Damm straight, yo