Superhero RPG's

What's your favorite superhero system?
I used to play "Marvel Universe RPG" (the diceless one) and i really liked that one. Then i played a little of Savage Worlds with superhero add-on and it was extremely unbalanced. After that was "Mutants and Masterminds" and "Wild Talents" Both did great, but the second one is ubalanced like hell but still fun.

What about your experience with superhero RPG?

Other urls found in this thread:

nuklearpower.com/2012/01/11/nerding-it-up-with-legends-of-the-wulin/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Gurps. The cinematic rules hit a sweet spot for me.

Hero System, specifically Champions Complete edition. I find that after you learn the basics of the system it goes extremely fast through combat. Non-combat is solved easily with either skill rolls or straight ability rolls and the group I play with consists entirely of close friends so it's always fun.

For ease of use fun times I think the old marvel FACERIP system is the best.

For super crunchy detail and for street level supers I think Hero System is supreme.

I haven't had the opportunity to play many but right now it is Masks: A New Generation

I havent read it yet, but from my friend i heard that in the core rulebook ther are no rules for character creation, and you can only pplay pregen marvel heros. How much of that is true?

OM 110 is "Creating New Datafiles", so he's not technically correct. It's sadly not given a lot of focus, however.
There's a lot of resources on Exploring Infinity, and there use to be a random datafile generator, though I can't seem to find it.

Legends of the Wulin.

I think Civil War had the random datafile creation rules.

I'd love to see D&D 4e's system used for a superhero game. I think its power system would work quite well. Daily powers could be "Per Issue", encounter powers "Per Scene", and at-wills "Per Panel" or something.

nuklearpower.com/2012/01/11/nerding-it-up-with-legends-of-the-wulin/

There are no rules. They do not tell you how many of what size dice you have to spread around your character, it's all down to eyeball it and whatever's fine with your group.

I'm still learning this system but I really like it so far.

is any body here who speaks german and could explain me the character-creation and skill-check system of M&M 2ed? I got the rulebook yesterday but i have to lead a playgroup on sunday and i just cant read so much english text in so less time... please help me!

>MHR doesn't have character creation rules.

I don't get where this comes from. There's a whole chapter dedicated to it. It starts by going through everything a character has, with lists of Affiliations, Distinctions, Power Sets and Traits, SFX, Specialties, and Milestones (all of which are basically MHR's character-building fiddly bits, like Feats and Skills, along with the character progression bits, kind of similar to games that have "Passions" or "Goals"), including what different dice mean with regards to power level and what kind of characters would have them.

Then the last section of that chapter goes over a check-list for building new characters, complete with an example character build that they go through step-by-step and include their reasoning for. It goes on to mention how there's a ton of characters included in the book itself and encourages players to adapt, steal, or modify them as needed. Then it talks about some ways in which players should approach character building, which basically amounts to "Just make sure the stuff on your character sheet fits the character you have in your head, our system's power curves are gentle enough that you're probably not going to shoot yourself in the foot over it, and you can always ask the GM to tweak it later."

Is that loose? Yeah, sure it is. But I can't imagine it being any tighter in a system ass flexible as this. The only thing that's annoying about it is that all of this content and advice is couched in language that goes out of its way to assume that the only reason you'd *ever* want to make a new character is if it's an existing Marvel character that they haven't statted up yet. It's annoying, I don't know whose idea it was to frame the entire character creation chapter like that, but it doesn't detract from the actual content, which is gold.

I actually really enjoyed a Savage Worlds supers game I was in.
What on earth do you mean by "unbalanced"?

Played both Marvel diceless and at a convention thing one year, I don't actually remember a lot of Cortex Marvel. Both were quite enjoyable.

Currently planning on running a Fate supers game once my cyberpunk campaign ends, Venture City tickles my pickle with how the setting is set up. It's kinda like Tiger and Bunny with a dash of not-cyberpunk/noir for seasoning.

I'm currently in a DC heroes 3rd Ed. game that has been going on for over four years. The system is well balanced and fun, but combat takes _way_ longer than in other systems. Kinda encourages the players to find non-violent solutions when they can.

>"Wild Talents"
This one, I actually like how the lack of balance is baked into the system and settings. My players have some pretty outrageous shit that I wouldn't allow in most other games and it just works.

All you could ever need here. Let all competitors step aside.

>rolling stats
How about we don't gramps