Sin

>The Hearts of everyone have gained sentience
>They're evil
How does this affect your setting, Veeky Forums?

Are we talking the metaphorical heart or the muscle here?

Muscle

they continue to do their job of moving blood from point A to point B or they die along with the rest of us

They pump in an irregular enough rhythm to feel extremely unpleasant, but not enough to cause any lasting damage

The price of blood thinners rise in touch with the increased demand.

depends on the setting [\spoiler]

They make people pop boners at extremely inappropriate times.

It doesn't affect the setting because I'm finding a new DM.

>How does this affect YOUR setting?
Reading comprehension, motherfucker, do you have it?

ok.

There are trees, otherwise dead, which grow a "fruit" that is, for all intents and purposes, a heart hand grenade. You know not what it is you've done.

That's no fun.

>Your heart now deliberately makes things really awkward when you're near the opposite sex
>Inappropriate boners, heart keeps beating fast, unable to calm down
>Just a step away from spilling your spaghetti

>implying I know any female
>implying I don't do this around everyone
>implying I am never not spilling spaghetti

G-get on my level s-senpai.

>opposite sex
Do you think I'm some kind of straightfag?

Anyways, since magic is powered by emotions/willpower in my setting, everybody's basically fucked.

How do you know that your heart isn't evil, user?

I-it's not like I like you, or anything, b-baka!

Because i-it doesn't love y-you cause you're a b-bad person, user!

Sandbox tree?

I had no idea that existed, it was just supposed to be a strange and horrible thing. I'm not surprised something like that exists though. Nature's pretty crazy.

>Do you think I'm some kind of straightfag?

Your heart's going to do this anyway, because it's going to be even more uncomfortable for you to pop boners around the opposite sex.

We don't know what relevance hearts have outside the standard stuff. That being said, I would probably manage to somehow befriend my own heart.

If you haven't already, look them up. Exploding fruit isn't the worst.

I did. It sounds metal as fuck. That said when I say explodes like a hand grenade I mean that literally, as in its concussive force and "shrapnel", insofar as highly pressurized blood counts as shrapnel, are represented by the game's stats for a hand grenade. So it's slightly more than just exploding fruit.

Why not have it shower the surrounding things with scalding fluid, doing burning damage as well as explosive? Like some kind of natural Molotov (I know they don't explode, per se, but you get the point)

You know it wouldn't be represented mechanically, 'cause there's no real damage 'types', but I like that as a way to fluff it. Thanks user, I'll keep that one in mind.