The Official MTG Snowstorm Thread

Hello hello! Come one come all! Let's all be faggots together!

Previously on the flake thread:

Gaia's a slut. Diomedes was violated. Everyone was violated. Fun was had. People argued about tokens. And there was one or two new flakes. Oh, and an user began drawing another user's flake. We've hit that point of friendship.

WRITEFAGGING LAST TIME:
REMINDER:

If you want ANYTHING to go in the repo, just summon me. Otherwise I will only put writefagging and sheets in the repo.

Also, I added the blank template to the ALL FLAKESHEETS folder.

To summon me simply say
>OP OP, I SUMMON THEE. PLACE THIS FILE IN THE REPOSITORY.
And I (Snowanon that is)will come.
>Current Repository

drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/UnNVMBw4
docs.google.com/document/d/1YTD26B8SRsVtN1YM5McvR0hwl22RCcDB_JdL_YIqNAo/edit
docs.google.com/document/d/1yKsZlB9jHVCw2yZXR7lxdqSTL0xBGzgGtZaONzUlHsI/
drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxQ0Q4SUM1a1kzTWs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

PREVIOUS THREAD

repost.

Reminder due to the wishes of Snowanon, we're all shit and massive faggots for doing this, so let us not act like our farts don't smell.
Because they do.
So who would be a good flake for Gaia to forcibly induct into her harem?
Also here's a sample of what I wanted to do with Bolas' friendly harem that will continue with Gaia
pastebin.com/UnNVMBw4

>Gaia harem

MEEEEEEMES

Learn to meme harder

and
>Just read the books

I guess you want to drag this across threads. I'm going to ask you to be civil about it, because you're starting to boil. It's why I asked you to take a deep breath.

I'm gonna post this from the wiki, calling attention to the last sentence:
The modern idea of summoning involves both the prerevisionist way and the creation of a faux entity based on the concept of that creature, which is pulled from the Æther. These summoned creatures have no will of their own, and vanish when no longer needed. This concept is described in The Eternal Ice by Lim-Dûl to Jodah. Though Jodah is not in fact summoned, as Lim-Dûl suggests, the explanation is still valid and continues to be the best flavor related description of the summoning process. The summoning of unique, Legendary individuals is similar to this, but based on the concept of a specific individual and not simply off of a group. It is also described in The Eternal Ice.

I didn't say that you needed to bond with it. The word that I used was familiarity, which you noted. If you've never seen it, how do you know what it looks like? If you've never watched it do what it does, then how do you accurately capture its abilities? That's what I'm talking about.

I also didn't say that Vronak couldn't have done those things. I only said it would raise questions or concerns, with the reasoning for that being that it's unlikely.

My description of the use of Reanimator is based on discard effects often being related to inflicting pain or taking from the mind. My entire argument on that case was attempting to draw attention to the fact that there's not a good one to one method to explain it. And I certainly didn't say it was impossible.

What's happened here is that I tried to reason why people in the threads are prone to picking on Vronak, and you've instead assumed that I'm just arguing that it's not possible or "lorebreaking." You've just assumed that I am damning him as others have.

I would tell him that he sucks at writing, but he'd probably eat me.
I don't want to be et.

Uhhh

So Elspeth became a catgirl?

You know what? I'm just going to roll with it. No shame in that. Sure. Why not?

Was that cat supposed to be slut-gaia?

Nah, a long while back we somehow got onto the subject of Bolas using magic to create a harem out of the planeswalkers, so I wrote that up and got half way through Tamiyo getting turned before my computer crashed.

Um...how magical realm are we getting with this?

A little more magical than Ken Troop.

Rolled 19 (1d110)

>So who would be a good flake for Gaia to forcibly induct into her harem?
Let's find out, shall we?

Rolled 86, 75, 29, 20 = 210 (4d110)

And a few more for good measure.

How Tumblr would it be to have a flake who pretended to be male and took on the role of a male most of her life for safety and power?
Because that's what I'm thinking about doing for Starke

I don't think too tumblr if you spin it right. It almost sounds like a Mulan type story, but over the course of a lifetime.

Honestly, in a society where men hold more power than women, hiding out as a man to get a leg up on the competition is just good sense.

Hondick, Sheng, Hakam, Kixdle, Belloski
now to do something more than gender swaps, though that's not off the table.
Starke's story is that she grew up in the slums in the shadows of Mercadia City, the strong ruled there and her father (before he got killed) figured it would be better for her to masquerade as a boy since they were less likely to get jumped by multiple people or pimped out. Starke uses her last name exclusively and carves out a place in the city for her gang before being sent to a hellhole prison in the desert for nine years. She buys her way out eventually (as that's the only way out) and gets dumped back in the ruins because the guards in charge of her release figure someone will kill her eventually.

Starke for reference.

>DIOMEDES gets beat and raped
>Gaia is a slut
>Barely anyone posts anymore

You've changed Flake thread, and I don't like it. I'm disappointed in you anons.

Hey, nothing wrong with character development

>turn the mother figure who had a good, tragic story into a slut
>character development

Hey, her children left the house, her plane blew up, and she was saved by a sacrifice. Time to live it up a little.

So regress from being a balanced, nuanced individual into a Rakdos whore. Great job.

To be fair, odds are that no one is paying her.

Even better. This place really has become a shit fest for erp and circle jerking.

When was the last time a story was actually written about literally any other flake?

You know what, you're right. This ain'tthe place for erotica or circlejerking or hug boxes. I'm going to write them as comedic stories.

it's the lol so funny meme team

Who here actually wants to write about flakes that aren't their own?
Which flakes are they? Lets get some productivity in here

I just am afraid of bastardizing the characters

If I were to write anything it'd probably be Dyna, but currently I'm not in a state where that's all too likely.

I think this is what's up with most of us.

I'm a little hesitant for this reason, but moreso that I'm just not inspired to write anything right now. There's a lot of flakes, but my mind just isn't in the right gear these days to take advantage of the options.

Do any of these flakes have character breakdowns like the first snowstorm had?
The template is here:
docs.google.com/document/d/1YTD26B8SRsVtN1YM5McvR0hwl22RCcDB_JdL_YIqNAo/edit
You guys should start making breakdowns of your own flakes while you wait for the authors of your desired flakes complete theirs. Summon OP when you've completed yours, so that we can actually get this ball rolling.

Let us be productive towards the ends of fun and creativity.

If people make breakdowns for them I'd be happy to do a bit of writing, obviously I'd prefer whatever I write to include my flake but it is optional, so if you have some ideas and breakdown of your character I'll give it a go.

Also I posted this in the last thread but I realised I forgot to do the chant so: docs.google.com/document/d/1yKsZlB9jHVCw2yZXR7lxdqSTL0xBGzgGtZaONzUlHsI/
OP OP, I SUMMON THEE. PLACE THIS FILE IN THE REPOSITORY.

I can see there are a good number of people upset about last thread. I'd like to apologize to anyone who feels that it killed last thread, but to be honest we were just joking around. Absolutely nothing that happened in there was flake canon. It was just me and a few other anons having a laugh. No harm done. A new day a new thread. I've been having some writer's block about the Spider mom dungeon crawl stories and I've been super stressed from work, so I was just blowing off some steam. I didn't mean to actually upset or offend, and I'm sorry to anyone I ruffled.

Fear not, the flake thread isn't dead. We just took a detour for a day. Ultimately, that's all it was, and it only lasted for a day. As the person who maintains the repo, I can assure you that there has still been plenty of legitimate writefagging over the past week. The snowstorm is still going strong. And once the Spider mom story is finished, I'd love to write more for more people, or I'd love to draw anyone's flakes who's interested (and patient, since I've not finished Serena yet).

I am legitimately honored you thought her story was good. It's encouraging. Again, none of last thread was canon for her. Only legitimate writefaggings from me or approved by me are her flake canon. Speaking of which, is Narimi-user around? I would love to continue our story between the two Worldbuilders, if possible.

>Comedic stories
If they are actually ever written, then that is exactly what they should be. Just comedy.

Like I said earlier in the post, the last two weeks have been FULL of stories about other flakes. It's all good.

I'm not getting mad at all. Nice to see you're projecting as well.

I never said that you directly said one needs a bond with the creature to summon it. I threw it in there because someone in particular likes to claim that you do have to have some special bond. Again, Kiora had never met nor seen Lorthos before and summoned him. Nissa had never met nor seen Ashaya before and summoned her. See where I'm getting at? And I'm pretty sure reanimator cards don't typically discard from the hand, but pull from the library and put into the grave. Right? But, I do see where you are coming from. And I raise the issues that go along with the topic. Not just what you directly have displayed. So, please don't take it all as being solely directed to you. Because I don't mean to throw that weight on you. I just want it noted and see where I lie upon the subject. But, this conversation really doesn't need to persist. The whole point is people questioning something that lore doesn't specifically challenge like if it's not done in the lore then it shouldn't be done that way. That's what gets me.

You don't want to be ET?

No worries Gaia-chan. I liked your character having layers of complexity. Let her slut it up. She's a wreck and needs to rediscover herself.

Also, I'm Des-chan and I'm trying to finish up my flake epic in between work and friends. Bleh. :P

I'm already home user
Here
With you.

What if Gaia wanted to return to Ulgortha but something was keeping her out, then eventually she figures her family would have forgotten about her and moved on with their lives.
Then we cut to the plane for a jurassic bark sequence featuring her family.

Kitty? When did you learn to type?

They are on the shitter and a large Trexamasaurus rips the roof off?

You'll have to wait until I write a short story to find that out.

But user, her family is DEAAAAAD

BOOM!

What a call back!

That doesn't stop them from being there when she returns. Bum bum bum.
>__>

I have no idea how the chat system on Google Docs works so apologies about that, assuming you didn't get my answer on that the guy in that story is functionally nobody, he's literally just Champion of the Parish. There's a chance he may recur in future things I write on Innistrad but he's not a planeswalker, I just wrote that story to cheer my bf up. Speaking of which I could probably do with writing more of this today, there's still a bit more I'd like to add to it.

Why do you think I said jurassic bark? The scene is in the past as they are all dying waiting for her.

When they were killed by Sengir vampires?

Yep

Oh ho ho! I smell a thickened plot between Gaia-Mama and Blood-Daddy.

Oh yeah. He is a Sengir, isn't he?

Yeah, her two kids were killed by Sengir vampires while she was away, and her husband would've died too if it weren't for his spark igniting.

Well then, that sex is gonna get real awkward real quick, isn't it?

They can just hate fuck then.

Stop making me want this.

Please remember to fill out this variant sheet for your flakes! It's really important!

Honestly, if I was going to work that whole slut angle into her story, this is how I'd do it.

You know how when some people grieve they fall into a debilitating spiral of self-harming behavior? Like, for example, if someone commits suicide and leaves behind a spouse or a son, is it incredibly uncommon for those left behind to become alcoholics? Or addicts of another sort? In a similar fashion, this is how I'd work that angle with Gaia. She feels so lost and empty inside that she is looking for something, ANYTHING, to fill that void. She is desperate to feel anything but pain. So she seeks out cheap thrills and hedonistic pursuits to avoid thinking, to avoid feeling anything else. As is typical of self-destructive behavior addicts, she probably wants to die. But due to a habit of living or other reasons, won't just up and off herself. Probably, if we're getting into the magic shit, because she isn't sure if killing herself would actually end the pain, because she is innately Eldar, and the Eldar have immortal souls.

But that is just brainstorming. I have brainstormed other outcomes if her plane is destroyed and she survives.

lol, I don't know if Gaia's husband is a flake or not, but what if we make it real interesting and have it where Gaia's husband saught out the Sengir Vampires for retribution and ended up getting captured by them during his attack and they used enhancements to bond his spark to Merik? Kinda sounds saucy. And perhaps he's the only way Gaia would find out that her husband is still alive.

Her husband was William from the flake sheet.

I paired them due to popular demand. You can read about it here:

drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxQ0Q4SUM1a1kzTWs

Also, I like the premiss a lot.

Oh, I thought that was before she met Bill. Huh, okey dokey.

I never finished it, but basically it ends with William's ignition story. She was gone for about 10 years, and only returned when she felt Will's spark ignite (which was due to the trauma of watching everything he knew and loved die). Honestly, she had just lost track of time. She didn't realize how long she'd been gone. Anyway, he blames her and they part, and the story goes on.

If it gets more positive feedback, I'll consider using it, or incorporating aspects of it, into what actually happens.

Well I think it's not bad. I mean, if you were going to go that route, then that's the way to do it.

So then...will it happen? Are she and Blood-Daddy gonna have a fight?

No

I was thinking of having Malik and Will fight if their anons are alright with that

Yes. :)

Second.

This is my first time on this board and I found this post interesting. Could somebody give me a brief introduction about this?

We make our own mtg planeswalkers and do stuff with them. We make stories, cards, pics, and what-have-you. It's a way to be creative and shameless.

And remember that everything that you or anyone else writes is completely, utterly shit and on the level of Homestuck fanfiction selfinsert faggotry.

Daily reminder that your snowflake is shit.

This message has been brought to you by New Phyrexia.

New Phyrexia, now containing 10% more oil than Old Phyrexia.

We make OC planeswalkers in the magic the gathering setting. It's basically deviantart or tumblr tier trash but it flexes the creative muscles and can lead to lore discussion.

More often than not though, it leads to people being indignant that you would dare to criticize their understanding of the lore and demand that you leave them to giggle and ERP in peace.

And overall, it's a blast.

To be fair, only a handful of people get indignant. They are just a very loud handful.

And everyone else fosters that attitude by not bothering to question others' understanding of the setting anymore.

It's more I just ignore it to do other things. No mayyer how loudly you yell at someone, sometimes it's just impossible to change their minds. So I'd rather do something more productive, like draft stories. I will leave the debating to you.

I'm fine with that. But, just to give you a heads up, Merik abandoned his connection to the Sengir family. He abandoned them and hasn't seen them since his ascension to planeswalker status.

How long ago was that? How old is Merik?

If you've ever read the mtg lore and thought, "well that was dumb, they should have totally done this instead", then this is the place for you. Just don't have your character be some significant part in the canon lore or significant to a canon planeswalker's lore.

I haven't fallen on a definitive timeline for Merik yet, so his lore is fluid at the moment. i'd assume that he's a few hundred years old. Probably not more than two millennia at best. But, the point in his lifetime where Granny Sengir bonded another planeswalker's spark to Merik can be shifted based on where in the timeline of your story you want it to fall in. But, I see the point that Merik was able to leave Ulgrotha, then he had never returned afterwords. Though, I'm sure he could be persuaded to return with the right incentive.

If you want to add him to Gaia's lore, then feel free to have some creative liberties with Merik. I know that he's in good hands.

Maybe if people weren't such jerks this place would be nicer o_o

> people
> a particular person
ftfy

When will chillbrass-kun ever learn?

Hems just angsty and likes to get under peoples' skin... or just under Vronak-chan's skin. I think Chillbrass-kun likes having a nemesis.

new flake

He looks like a Guyver. o__o

He's umm... He's a silver bordered card, Sweetums. >__>

I like the concept though.

justify that comment please, if you can

Honestly, I realized at some point that I don't think Will and Gaia's romance fits with the timeline, unless her plane was in its own time bubble.

Remind me, relative to the current time, how long ago was Baron Sengir a thing?

this is why I'm not as active in the thread anymore.

Artificial kor on Ravnica
Interacting with canon characters
Is white but has ruthless ambition and blackmails people.

We should have been tougher with the lore early on

there's no evidence that there are no kor on ravnica or that they could not be vat-made by the blue guilds
there is nothing wrong with interacting with canon characters
white characters can be evil too

Pffsh. Hundreds upon hundreds of years? Perhaps thousands? It's not clearified. But, it's well before Yawgmoth.

what are you trying to imply

>no evidience of no kor on ravnica
yes there is. are there any Kor cards in the six sets released for Ravnica, anywhere, or in any of the lore written for the plane? They're not there.

>nothing wrong with interacting with canon characters
sure, if you're doing it in a "I seen them on the street while I was doing my thing" or "this has absolutely no bearing on either story."
You have your character manipulating not only every major character on Ravnica, but the main character for the entire mtg story at present.

>white characters can be evil
sure they can! what MONOwhite characters can't be, however, is ruthless and ambitious. That's a black thing. You want a white villain, make an inquisitor or a dictator based on keeping people oppressed because "it's what's best for you"

Dude. Yawgmoth and phyrexia came into the picture, like, 10000 years ago.

Not the user you're replying to, but you aren't just intergrading your snowflake into the canon lore, you're overwriting it. You're making him a major part of Ravnica. You are making him a direct cause of certain events. And trying to make him King of Ravnica.

It's a bit much. Try rewriting him to stand on his own and not have to lean on the canon lore to exist.

Now, I'm on your side on this, but Elesh Norn. Elesh Norn, buddy.