OC Thread #3

Welcome to the Veeky Forums OC thread.
Previous Thread: Tell us about your original characters, new and old. Let's hear some stories of valor and glory and you might even see some artwork befitting such heroes!

>THIS THREAD IS PRIMARILY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT AND SHOWING OFF YOUR FAVORITES FROM YOUR GAMES
It's like the Storythread, but centered on characters that we all know and help make. Art is just a potential byproduct of that, not the focus.

>WHEN POSTING YOUR OC
Give us a little blurb about your character, this is a brag thread after all. Some basic questions to get you started:
• Name:
• Role(s):
• Goals:
• Traits:
• Flaws:
• Allies:
• Enemies:
• Other Relations:

Write and share stories about each others' characters (use a pastebin for works that would take up multiple posts).

Draw and share pictures of each others' characters (please link offsite in the event of NSFW work).

Ask questions about other anons characters and get to know their stories, and tell us all about your own.

Need help developing a new character concept? Ask away!

>DO NOT REPOST OR BUMP ANY REQUESTS IF THE ORIGINAL REQUEST HAS NOT 404d YET

This thread is intended to be all in good spirit, so please remember to be excellent to each other, and try to contribute in some way. If you can't draw, write something for someone and vice/versa.

>THREAD EXERCISES
Provide one (or more) of the following:
1. A new short story that you have written about them (campaign stories are acceptable)
2. A new drawing that you made of them
3. Answer the story prompt below with detail

>THREADLY STORY PROMPT
Write a short story where your character lost a competition to someone.

>DON'T MAKE A NEW THREAD UNTIL PAGE 10
Use art from these threads as OP image when possible.

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/0B_2_ZMY4wcE0OXp1Y2tpSFp6dnM/view?usp=sharing
engl393-dnd5th.wikia.com/wiki/Feats
pastebin.com/m4wKcqpm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Really? That doesn't sound too hard, I find it easy to make a concept.

In this case, it'd be the survivalist/woodsman that's keeping those fat asses alive and fed out in the middle of nowhere.

For extra kink, he could be the dad of one of the girls.

At least a foot, Frankie's a thick girl but thick women barely able to handle massive insertions is really one of those rare pleasures I enjoy. I know it's unrealistic, but it's fun.

>tfw cramming all I can learn about 5E in as short amount of a time that I can

Wow! Homemade milk? I'd love to sample it!

>survivalist woodsman

That fits well with Frankie, she's writing a cookbook on how to hunt and prepare all sorts of monsters for big tasty meals while adventuring.

She doesn't know how to hunt though, wanna be her mentor? I'm guessing you're Sigmund?

>Really? That doesn't sound too hard, I find it easy to make a concept.
Exactly! That's the hardest part of 5E character creation.

Based on the wonderful tail end of the last thread:

Requesting Frankie and Isara in a VS screen, aprons on and cookware brandished. Arms folded and looking down to business.

you guys talking about all this really makes me want to do that d20 thing... the small little cook off was simple but fun to read.

What would you recommend for someone who wants to play as a magic user who specializes in ice magic? This is Isara

>I'm guessing you're Sigmund?

Yup, I think a survivalist-type mentoring the ambitious but unprepared cook would be pretty cute!

We could even make him a native to the village the DM-user suggested, so the implication there is she just hired the local trapper for help and he decided being around the thick chick is pretty comfy.

Easypeasy, Wizard with the School of Evocation. Take the Feat at level 1 if playing a human that boosts Evocation magic, I don't remember what it's called.

Either Wizard or Sorcerer. Talk with the DM possibly about using some of the Ice spells from the Elemental Evil guide.

Elemental Adept, that's what it's called.

Listen, I've got a character builder app on my phone, want me to walk you through chargen? I'll post pics here as it updates or if you need to pick stuff.

1. That's a cute name for the food.
2. I just discovered something about myself that I didn't know I was into.

alright, fuck it. Im going to brag about my current character.

Guy in the center, he is an inspirational cross between FE Lucius and darkmoon Gwyn, and is often mistook as a woman.

Dr.Esly was born and raised in a quaint monastery, though he had little patience for divine works. His natural intellect made him gifted with alchemy, and he devoted his life to helping everyone with his miracle cures. He values life over all else, and takes it personally when he can't save a patient. All in all, he has a weak personality, which landed him in his current predicament.

He was captured by slavers and sold on the drow slave market, where the current evil party bought him. He now serves as the reluctant manservant to evil royalty in our campaign.

He makes a habit of always having Resurrection potions on hand, as he often has to revive innocent townspeople who are targeted by his vile mistress.

>Ressurection as a potion

I've been playing D&D for 8 years, and that has never once crossed my mind. Holy shit, so many catastrophes could have been averted.

Bartleby Kipling would still be alive.

>Talk with the DM possibly about using some of the Ice spells from the Elemental Evil guide.
Do you have a link to a pdf I can look at?

That'd help a lot. I'm running this blind right now since all I have is HeroLab.

well hold your horses.

the only reason my character can make them is because he is an alchemist (chirurgeon), which gets a special class ability to make them at tenth level.

I dont think normal potion making can make ressurection potions.

Elemental Evil Guide
drive.google.com/file/d/0B_2_ZMY4wcE0OXp1Y2tpSFp6dnM/view?usp=sharing

I dont really have anything new to post of my character, but i still would like to see my request of her washing blood of her body in a large bath to be fulfilled so i tried my hand at making a small doodle of her... what do you guys think? i know i am far from good so if you guys could give me some pointers so i can improve? dont be light on it either, be brutally honest or i wont get better

Okay!

Pick one of these Backgrounds. This determines basic flavor of your life until now, and gives you a little perk based on it. The perks are minor in nature and give you a couple of skills associated with them.

Not shown in pic:
>Soldier
>Urchin

I just mean as a concept. Could've hired someone to make a batch for us.

>2. I just discovered something about myself that I didn't know I was into.

i know how you feel

>Name
Anson Vandiir
>Race/Class/Background
Stout Halfling/Devotion Paladin/Urchin
>SHORT character backstory
Grew up on the streets of a big city. Was taken in after years of scraping out a living by a retired adventurer. The old half-elf raised him as his own and taught him a bit of what he knew as a swordsman. After being raised and hearing the stories of his "father's" travels he decided as a young man he wanted to become an adventurer as well. Eventually his old man died and he was forced to leave his home town with naught but a few coins, some food, a small pony, and his fathers old sword. What better place to start adventures than a small town, that's where all his father's good stories began anyways...
>Anything noteworthy about your character
Last name is Elven and taken from his adoptive father. He is a blunt and compulsively honest.

Awesome! I think I'ma go Wizard.

Hmmm. I suppose Hermit fits her backstory the best. In my other backstory where she was a witch she started developing her magic on accident, alienating her from her friends. She ran off from home to look for answer and has become withdrawn from society for the most part.

I'm a poopdick artist but that's too fun to not at least try it out. Don't hope for anything crazy good, I'll post when I can.

Ok.

Order these from highest to lowest, and pick 2 to get a +1.

>The scruffy woodsman with a daughter at home sells his services to the eager young chef out to eat all the monsters

user that's not cute, that's adorable.

From highest to lowest:
Int
Wisdom
Dex
Cha
Con
Strength

Bonus in Int and Dex. Is that a good allotment?

I'll give this a shot too.

Is that what you meant by simple? Everyone gets those numbers pre-racial adjustments.

This is cute, assuming a platonic father/daughter relationship instead of the alternative. I would really like to read some stories about their exploits.

Yep, let me switch to my laptop though, every time I switch tabs on my phone between this thread and the app in the middle of chargen, it resets on me.

Yeah Standard Array is called Simple on the app.

Aw, I'll have to adjust. I always roll. I like the random element. At least it's not point buy cuz fuck that with a soldering iron.

What do you have against point buy?

Not him. I personally don't mind point-buy, but man does it promote minmaxing

It forced either mediocrity or horribly crippled stats with 1 good one. I enjoy the randomness of Attribute gen both as a player and a GM. I love to see how players cope with bad rolls and explain them in RP.

Okay, so moving forward:

You now choose Proficiency in two of the following Skills (this means you get to add your Proficiency bonus to rolls for these skills, which increases every 4 levels or so)

Arcana
History
Insight
Investigation

You already have
Medicine
Religion
due to your background.

This.

>This is cute, assuming a platonic father/daughter relationship instead of the alternative. I would really like to read some stories about their exploits

Sigmund here, I don't think I'll be able to join the game, considering I'm typing all this out on a phone in bed and the DM already gave a roll-call an hour ago.

I'd totally do RP elsewhere, though! My skype's a_zombie_goast, avatar is the bear.

Let's go Investigation and Insight

I'm not starting the game any time soon, just gathering applications!

This is what I assumed. I just posted quickly because I already had the concept rattlign inside my brain and once I get started I have to finish.

i like to think of it as, you can build the stats around the character, instead of being forced to build your character around the stats.

Okay, now because you're a Human, you get one extra skill from the entire list.

Acrobatics
Animal Handling
Arcana
Athletics
Deception
History
Intimidation
Nature
Perception
Performance
Persuasion
Sleight of Hand
Stealth
Survival

Isara here. Suppose I'll throw my application in the ring as the wizard even though it's not 100% done yet. Would allow me to use spells from the Elemental Evil handbook?

Persuasion sounds good!

It can go either way but I get it. I've had players do a great job with random rolls. One that comes to mind frequently is a mage with a Con of 6 in 2E. He decided to roll with it and have his character have a genetic disorder and was not even supposed to have lived as long as he had. He ended up actually getting fixed by a Wish. Made for a compelling RP.

Yeah, I suppose I'll open everything up a bit, but to official expansions only (which includes EE)

So now choose a Feat. These are good perks that you get an option to choose every 4 levels, but as a Human you start with one.
engl393-dnd5th.wikia.com/wiki/Feats

I guess i have nothing better to do so I'll explain the girls too.

on the right, we have Amelisce, the heir and princess of Shadow Absolom. She, being the king-gods first child, inherited powerful shadow magic she can barely contain. She is manipulative, cruel, and seductive, though upbeat like a spoiled noble. Her typical day may involve tormenting Esly, scaring the citizenry, and working on her biography "Playful acts of evil"

The girl on the right, Renva, is Amelisces half sister, having the same king father, but a different mother. She is wildly devoted to her sister and serves as her bodyguard. As far as her sisters ambition, Renva often serves as a balancing agent, helping to reign in her sisters psychotic tendencies. She is secretly a soft person, with an affinity for cute things. A day in her life would probably be following her on a stealthy recon mission/assassination, or quietly keeping to her sisters shadow while making sure she doesnt do any irreparable damage.

Suppose I'll go with Elemental Adept. Seems like a good spell to start with plus it was recommended.

derp, bottom paragraph is girl on the left.

Here you go!

This is just level 1 though, so I recommend reading through the rulebook with this handy to refer to, and then when you understand it, level yourself up twice.

You also need to choose your spells.

Hope this helps!

I just got off work what did I miss?

we had dinner made for us by a few anons.

Do yourself a favor and go read the last half of the last thread. There was a cook off.

Also, found a DM for a 5e game.

Frankie lewds.

Thank you, kind friend! You've been a good help. Consider my application submitted. I'll go study up some more on the system for now and work out my background details

Anybody tried to use HeroForge to make their character in place of artwork?

can i request an image of my character?
i would like to see a picture of her pretty badly beat up but still in a defensive stance, ripped and tattered clothing, cuts and blood across it, but still a very motivated expression,

she is basically the party bitch who always gets shit on by everyone else but this is her "last stand" sort of deal with her facing off with a group of bad guys after the whole party got knocked out/died.

No problem!

If anyone else needs help with character building, I'm off all night so I'll be here.

Arms folded seemed too easy.

I am going to colour it, I just though it made sense to post a wip considering how fast this thread can move.

>THIS THREAD IS PRIMARILY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT AND SHOWING OFF YOUR FAVORITES FROM YOUR GAMES
>It's like the Storythread, but centered on characters that we all know and help make. Art is just a potential byproduct of that, not the focus.

Tell us about Emma and see what happens. You may get lucky and get some art, but this isn't really a request thread, go to the drawthread for that (which I assume you already did and aren't getting any bites).

Cute! Frankie's expression seems a bit weird, but color should help clear it up.

try the drawthread, or tell us more about your character.

Damn, Isara looks like she's about to lay the smackdown. I'm just imagining some wrestling announcer commentating the cookoff.

"In the Blue Team corner, Chef Isara appears to be handrolling her dough into a perfect consistency, definitely getting bonus points in that field. She is make what she calls 'Cinnamon Sin', sounds delicious."

"AAAaaand in the Red Team corner, Chef Frankie is... uh... oh my."

I can only think of this with the announcer from skullgirls

Thats a whole new meaning to the term milk maid, listeners.

back to you john.

Thank you! That's very kind of you to even give us the time of day, seeing as how the past few days have been.

Looking forward to color!

i haven't gone to the draw thread yet, friend of mine said not to post female characters their because they throw a fit, so he showed me this thread.

i dont have much on her yet, we just started playing and its my first time playing a character like this... i guess now would be a good time to ask for some help with it.

"Back on the blue side it looks like Isara's got a bun in the oven!"
"With pants like those I'm sure she's had quite a few buns in her oven, John."

Please continue this while I help , it's hilarious.

Tell us what you have so far. Use the OP for helpful talking points.

hahaha i love it

Shut up fuck face

]I missed you

Next OP image confirmed

>• Name: Emma
>• Role(s): dunno what to call her but its high damage low def.
>• Goals: dunno yet, i need help on this.
>• Traits: she is a good analyst and does her research before getting into a battle with a monster
>• Flaws: she over analyses some things and over thinks.
>• Allies: none really, she doesn't consider her party allies because they are quite mean to her, and she doesn't understand its in good fun.
>• Enemies: just about everyone...she is paranoid, she thinks anyone and everyone will betray her eventually.
>• Other Relations: none

I mostly need some helping making her backstory. As a straight male with little real interaction with females i haven't the slightest idea as to how to realistically play her. I'm also having some difficulty figuring out a fitting backstory for her personality...

Just spitballing here

as a young girl she saw a horrible monster attack that killed her friend's parents, so she obsesses on preparation and study as a result from the trauma.

Overanalyzes, often failing to consider that not all monsters fit into a cookie cutter mold (one troll may be stronger than another, etc.) sees them in her head as literal statblocks.

PROTIP: make her a bit friendlier, otherwise she has no reason to be with her party in the first place.
PROTIP 2: give her some living relatives. Don't wanna fall into the same cliche pit that so many characters do.

i feel so loved

does anyone here read the smut about charlotte or is it just me, the author, and her player?

while she is innately unfriendly i was gonna see if i could have her latch onto another character as a potential love interest to keep her with the party. she doesn't have to like everyone in the party but if she likes the one guy/girl enough and they convinced her to stay she probably would.

She could have a living aunt/uncle who is helping her along in her studies. I can image the old rickety man/woman saying something like that? or is there something more interesting I can do with this?

And that works, provided she's contributing to the party in some way.

You seem set on her parents being gone. Why are they dead?

Her parents don't have to be dead, I don't like that cliche, at this point becoming a parent is the most dangerous thing you can do because chances are you are going to die and your child become an adventurer.
im toying around with a few ideas if i could get your input

1: her parents are refined nobles who sheltered her, thats why she wants to get out.

2: her parents are famous adventurers who left her with her uncle because it was too dangerous to have her around, so she is going out to find out whats so great about adventuring and why it made her parents leave

I think that if her parents are still in the picture there is no real motivation for her to go out with people she doesn't like and risk her life

theres smut? i like smut

pastebin.com/m4wKcqpm

does any kind user wanna do me the largest favor anyone could ever do for a fuck face?

think someone could write up a smutty short story involving my character? i will repost her info if someone wants to take up the request.

>famous adventurers are parents

You don't see that often, I'd go that route. Perhaps they left her in the care of her uncle, but they have been gone an unusually long time so she sets out with the party to try to find them.

Let's keep out of /wst/ territory, notice that they aren't here anymore.

yea i was thinking that would probably be the better one. its not something you see every day and it acts as a big motivator.

what in the dick is /wst/

It *used* to be Weekend Smut Thread, where people would write and request smut and lewds. The threads were banned from Veeky Forums about a year ago, and I'd like to not follow suit.

As long as we keep it to a minimum, I think we should be fine with one or two smutfics/smutpics now and then. It was mostly just a handful of really dedicated puritans who didn't like /wst/ and decided to shitpost eternally until mods took action.

The fun police didn't like that thy were having fun. Same with quests - but they got up in the mods faces with their hate for fun by proclaiming their victory in /qst/, and the mods started ignoring them.

Yeah but how do you keep that in check and prevent it from going overboard?

i think we should be able to post what ever the fuck we want as long as excessive lewdness is linked off site...
why do people have to go out of their way to fuck with everyones shit? now i cant get a fun smutty short story about my witch.
DAMN YOU MODS!

Our population should take care of that, for now. We're only, maybe 30-odd people, about 4 of which are actually content creators. There's simply not enough people able to create smut for it to be a noticeable problem, at least from my view point.

You really need to calm down, user. If people can't control themselves it'll be the drawthread all over again. I see your posts a lot, not a lot of contribution, but lots of asking for sexy art and stories.

I'm not saying no lewds/smut, I literally commissioned two in the last thread. What I think should not happen is spammed requests for smut/lewds.

exactly

You definitely need to chill the fuck out though. Samefagging constantly asking for the same shit isn't helping anyone.

alright fair enough, i will try my best to give back to the community, after all you have a very valid point.
im pretty shit at art and i dont have a fancy program but i can try something, if you guys want i will attempt a fairly simple request.

I mean, you could also just lurk quietly and enjoy the contributions that happen, or if you can't draw/write, help people build and flesh out characters like earlier ITT.

i only really samefagged on the thread where i got my name... aside from that i have only done it once or twice, but only for the sake of the jokes that came with the name meanwhile i just anonymously posted about some other stuff i need some help on.

He might have been wrong about samefagging, but he's right about spamming the same shit over and over. Just cool it for a bit.

And please stop posting with a name, it's unnecessary unless you're posting content and need to be identified easily.

you got a point. i seem to have taken this a bit overboard if i do say so myself. though i can still try and fill out a request if someone has one...i need practice anyway.