>co-op, or lamentations of their women

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=seBeKlzmv0Y
youtube.com/watch?v=L20kfTHv5Vc
youtube.com/watch?v=vgk-lA12FBk
vesselfinder.com/vessels/CMA-CGM-LEO-IMO-9399208-MMSI-249888000
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>is component quality a make-or-break factor for you
I've actually yet to come across a game with what I would consider sub-par components, so I can't really say. Unless you mean like shiny FFG miniatures vs GMT counters, in which case the answer is no.

Lamentations.

>related 3x3
Triumph&Tragedy, Dominant Species, Twilight Struggle
Le Havre, CitOW, Terra Mystica
Antike II, Churchill, Power Grid

>I've actually yet to come across a game with what I would consider sub-par components
Exodus: Proxima Centauri is preeetty rough.

First edition, I mean.
Second ed seems to have come after a cash infusion.
Also, it may be a good idea to include the names of each game in the filename.
Because I need to know like half of yours.

>Because I need to know like half of yours.
>>related 3x3
>Triumph&Tragedy, Dominant Species, Twilight Struggle
>Le Havre, CitOW, Terra Mystica
>Antike II, Churchill, Power Grid

:^)

What game will get me closest to the Dominions experience?

>God theme
>Deep spell system
>Conquest of territories

Chaos in the Old World seems to be a fit

i am gonna buy me some galaxy trucker. i fucking loved that game years ago.

what expansions are good ?

>people posting 3x3s with game components
Good. Glad that picked up.

And people also like picking up pieces of wood and then putting them back down.

What would you recommend for someone looking for a dungeon crawl experience? Co-op preferred but vs is OK too.

>full co-op dungeoncrawler
Gears of War is probably the most beloved around here, but hard to find.

>what three mechanics would you like to see together most in a board game
I'unno
There's a certain threshold, but I'm usually fine as long as the game's really good
Depends what mood I'm in

I'd honestly be wary of Gears of War. Of the four times I've played it, half the times have been good and the other half have been pretty bad. It might just be which missions we were doing or how many people were playing but two of the times it was a long, painful slog where our progress was purely dependent on the dice, which continually fucked us and took nearly three times the box allotted time length.

If you are going to get it I would wholly recommend playing with two people MAX. 3 and 4 puts TONS of enemies on the table and they take forever to chew through as well as it taking longer and longer between each player's turn.

I have consistently enjoyed Level 7 Omega Protocal much more even though it's a versus game.

On a side note, I would NOT recommend Super Dungeon Explore (especially for the co-op arcade mode. It's long, boring, and easily gamed to triviality. The versus mode is a bit better). It seems to be trying to emulate the enemy hordes of Gauntlet but lacks the speed and intensity to make it entertaining.

I can recognize or see what most games are, but what games are the ones at (2,2) and (3,3)?

Also, Marco has done a review of Falling Sky for those interested:
youtube.com/watch?v=seBeKlzmv0Y

1775: Rebellion and Quantum, the former I love because of how clean and elegant it works as a wargame, and the second because of how neat and clean all is mechanics are.

AAND AAAAW SHIT MY MAN MARCO

>What game will get me closest to the Dominions experience?
There is no such thing. Sorry.

I should know, I have searched for such a game myself.

Unless,
>>God theme
>>Deep spell system
>>Conquest of territories
that is Dominions to you. Is that all she is to you?

Today, significant hidden information, teams (especially negotiable teams), and card-driven or otherwise nonrandom combat are tickling my fancy, and not many games other than Dune/Rex use them all together.

I'm bothered when games are poor enough production that it makes it more difficult to introduce people to the game, but other than that it's not a huge deal. I'm generally willing to upgrade my own components when the game's quality warrants it.

youtube.com/watch?v=L20kfTHv5Vc

Thanks! I'll check out the rules.

No, but I'm not so naive to believe that a game could replicate the level of beautifully autistic detail and emergent strategy as Dominions.

be this guy
Honestly I'm a big fan of worker placement, negotiable/semi-cooperative... and I guess empire building? Lately I've wanted to break into wargaming stuff or at least things on grander scale.

Given the previous statement no. I'm hoping to pick up Conflict of Heroes soon and that thing is just chits galore.

youtube.com/watch?v=vgk-lA12FBk

>No, but I'm not so naive to believe that a game could replicate the level of beautifully autistic detail and emergent strategy as Dominions.
Good. Because I was that naive.

Well, in a few hours time I'll be off on my holidays, for a week of traditional card games e.g. Blackjack, New Market, etc. as well as a super basic game about putting numbered tiles in rows in the right order. There's a scorig system, but my family doesn't use it because it'd make putting numbers in the right order too complicated.

Pray for me.

All set up for the guys in a few minutes. What race should I play /bgg/? I did halflings last time so I want to mix it up.

Put all the colours in a bag, draw one at random, pick whichever side appeals to you.

STEEV, you ever played any of GMT's COIN series games? The battles can have some elements of luck in them yes, but otherwise I get the impression that it's a system you might enjoy, especially in for example Fire in the Lake with 2 sets of 2 factions being "kind of" on the same side but the game still only allowing for solo victory.

Do you have the Fire and Ice expansion? There are some neat ones there.

It's a series I've been pretty interested in, but haven't taken the plunge on any yet. I think they'd be a difficult sell for most of my group, but maybe I'm overestimating how heavy they are.

I'm very curious about the game to the center-left of your 3x3. Could you (or someone else) drop the name of it for me?

(I'm asking because we have very similar taste and I don't recognize it.)

Judging from the filename, I'm guessing it has the word "cosmos" in the title but some searching only resulted in an indie game that looks quite different and Cosmic Encounter.

Is chaosmos, a weirdly-illustrated hyper-ameritrash hunt-the-mcguffin game. But it's pretty unique, kinda sandboxy, and not quite random enough to be terrible.

Thanks, I'll check out it.

Should I get Talisman? Saw some talk of it last thread and it seems fun for what it is but I'm not sure if it's worth the investment, time or money wise.

I just bought the gallerist and now I'm thinking I made a mistake. I should have got somethin less complicated... Anyone have any encouraging experiences that will make me feel better about my purchase? I haven't played it yet, but I can see the looks on my friends faces when I try to convince them to give it a try already. It was an impulse buy I guess..

It's shit.
You just roll dice until someone loses at which point no one will want to keep going because it is the antithesis of fun.

The Missions expansion.

Anyone here played The Spoils? I want to know about the game not if the jokes are bad or the pictures and "unsettling" for some, just know if is a good game.

I've heard of a new kickstarter for a game called Red Markets. It looks like a pretty fucking interesting take on the zombie apocalypse, as the horror and stress isn't derived from the zombies themselves, but from resource management and making tough choices to survive. Also that hope is your worst enemy.

Nice work on dat dere image OP.

Break. Unless the game is bargain bin pricing, paying a premium for some rules and shit grade cardboard stock and plastic is laughable. Broken rulesets can be fixed. You cant make components better short of investing a ludicrous amount of resources.

Co-op. I get almost zero satisfaction from winning games by myself. To weather the storm with good companies is to know what fun is.

Also, time for round two, has anyone played pic related? I've played it, enjoyed it, picked it up from half price books for a cool 20, made me think that I've never heard it brought up on Veeky Forums for better or worse.

Also x2, if you think superfight is fun, you are literally going to hell, a special kind of place where they serve steak only in well done form

What's center?

>i can't read
Stargate.
kemet

Since there's no Netrunner thread right now... could anyone help me... I already got the core set... what else should I get?

If I ever intend to get everything for it, how much would it be aprox.?

A couple hundred, maybe a little more for everything after the core set. It's more than nothing, but it'it's a shit-ton of cards for a great game. Feel free to get stuff in chronological order, or cherry pick as you want. The first two cycles will rotate out of competit very play sometime next year, but if you're mostly in it for fun kitchen play, don't let that stop you, there's a ton if fun stuff in those packs.

Honestly just go at whatever pace works for you.

Thank you. I'm getting triggered by those expensive promos on ebay. I'm one of those guys that got to have EVERYTHING for games. But whatever will ignore it. Also how much are a couple hundred? $500-700?

steev stop letting your phone mangle posts

If you have a favorite corp or faction, the deluxe x-pacs are great bang for your buck

It's reskinned Candyland.

About five cycles(6 packs each) of regular datapacks at $12-15, four deluxe boxes at $20-25 or so each, and maybe a second core set if you want for another whatever theyre going for.

>Do you like the idea of going on an adventure that you can't metagame against?
>Do you like the ability to help or harm other players at your discretion?
>Can you deal with random events and not get sour?

If you said yes to those, then you most likely will love talisman. It's a pretty polarizing game, but instead of people simply being for or against it, some people here just shit their pants at the mere mention of it, don't ask me why, I'll never get how people could care that much about something they claim to never play.

The only downside I can think of is the game can go on for quite a while. It's not a game you bring out and play on a whim, and if your friends have a short attention span, the game will slow to a crawl, which is amazing because it's not that difficult.

Incredibly easy to teach and learn too. I'd say on par with zombicide if you have any experience with that.

The game has also been around since 1983, so either people enjoy it and keep buying it for them to keep making new editions, or you can believe that people blindly purchase this particular game above all others, much like they do monopoly, and that's why copies keep being made.

Do yourself a favor and pay attention to how people talk about the game, and not what they talk about. I've maybe seen a whopping 2 people who had legitimate complaints with the game on Veeky Forums.

Aw shite, almost forgot, if you do pick up the game, be sure to get the reaper and werewolf expansions before you get anything else. Easily the best expansions for the game.

You can also try the digital version before you bite the bullet, although personally I hate it. Talisman is like a tabletop RPG, you do it at a table surrounded by friends, not by yourself.

I bought both the Dragon and Reaper expansions ages ago to spice it up only to never have it played in my group again. I want to give it at least one more go around before selling it

I don't think I ever got the dragon, but I heard it made the game stupidly hard because it starts vomiting dragons on to the board in large quantities, at a time when the players have an incredibly low chance to kill even a single one. Might wanna fiddle with the cards to fix it, dunno.

Reaper is lovely though. Really mitigates the sadness of rolling a 1 to move, because you get to control an npc that has the capability of killing off a player because they rolled poorly and have no fate tokens remaining.

Nomads and Darklings are good in vanilla, but I really like the Riverwalkers in the expansion

The digital version has some serious stability issues and no ability to really rejoin if you get dropped.

Then it wasn't just me then. The few times I tried it, it felt really...well awfully made. Couldn't click things correctly, stuff would just act wonky all the time.

Still, with a quick search you can find a torrent of it, and I can totally get behind a try before you buy approach, especially at talismans price point.

Lost a bid on eBay...
23 second hand card games for $90, some good shit in the lot.

>1. Onirim
>2. Barons
>3. Chronicle
>4. Coup
>5. Haggis
>6. Coloretto
>7. Masquerade
>8. Rage
>9. Tichu
>10. Bohnanza
>11. Fairy Tale
>12. The resistance
>13. Oriente
>14. Sleeping Queens
>15. Famiglia
>16. Love Letter Kanai edition
>17. Slap .45
>18. You're Bluffing
>19. Star Reams
>20. Guillotine
>21. Clocktowers
>22. Knock Knock
>23. Sushi GO!

Kinda sad I didn't get that, even though some boxes were banged up. Lotsa games for just over $5 each.

I LOVE ALIGNMENT THREADS, OP!

I ended up going with mermaids. Won with 100 exactly, but only by 4. That early shipping is way too good.

Is the expansion worth picking up? I've only played the base game 3 times, so I feel like I have plenty of mileage left on it, but if the expansion adds a lot of extra content or something that really improves the game, I'd go ahead and get it now as I really enjoy it.

The biggest thing I've heard about the expansion is that the new map balances out the Darklings and Hobbits a bit while buffing Chaos Mages. There's just too much contiguous black and brown in the original map, and comparatively too little red. Too many safe plays.

My friend played chaos mages today for the first time, and he got steam rolled. It seems like starting with only one dwelling is just too much of a handicap even if you're grabbing 2 of those favor tiles or whatever they're called each time. Compare that to me and my friend who were mermaids and dwarves. We were able to just expand like crazy (me especially since I grabbed an extra shipping on the first turn) and just had so many more resources than him. Eventually he ended up with 6 favor tiles but it just wasn't enough, he was too far behind at that point. We're pretty inexperienced with the game, but they just seemed so...meh.

Thanks for the input on the expansion. I didn't realize it had a new map, that makes me a lot more interested in picking it up. A few new races and tiles are cool but thats just extra on top of stuff I haven't even gotten to play with yet; changing the game up is a better reason to go for it to me.

>chaos in the old world in good
>galaxy trucker in objectively the most apt position
>the most autistic game in lawful neutral
>the game with the most instances of "except" and "in the case of" in lawful evil
Yep.

The expansion has a "corrected" old map, eliminating regions of enormous power that blue, black, and brown used to have by switching around a few hexes, and a completely new map, which has fewer brown and black and more red, to make up for the OP brown and black races and underpowered red races.

What are the top middle and top right games you got there?

Android: Mainframe and Chaos int he Old World.

vesselfinder.com/vessels/CMA-CGM-LEO-IMO-9399208-MMSI-249888000

I found Scythe.

Somebody contact the Somali pirates, and give them directions to the strait of Taiwan. We need that shit pronto.

>zombies

Yawn. Let me know when they use something which isn't thrice-regurgitated crap.

I don't get "Hobos of Normandy" and Fleet-Footed Captains."
I assume the latter is a reference to speed and maneuverability being of paramount importance in the game but on the former I've got no idea.

>Somali pirates
The Malaccan pirates are probably closer.

ded gaem

Yeah, I've got nothing either.

Like seriously? they just released a new set, Ungodly Mess.

>Twilight Struggle
>more autistic than Virgin Queen

Show me your board game collection Veeky Forums

+ Burano

I see that Eldritch Horror is doing the same thing as Arkham did with expanions, that is adding boards.

How does Eldritch play with all these extra boards attached? I remember it was just extra clutter in Arkham, is it good here?

>dem shelves
I jelly. How much did those cost you?

Pic related is my collection that I have on hand.

And this is what I'm waiting on for preorder / KS deliveries. I should probably stop doing this... Or at least slow down on it.

Oh that's not mine, I just found it on google.

Anyone ever play Ace of Aces: Wingleader? I recently bought a copy and while me and my mates are enjoying it so far, it's really hard to visualize where your plane will end up depending on what maneuver you do.

Is there a graph or something that shows your planes movement based on the maneuver? I believe there were ones for the WW1 version but I haven't found one for the WW2 version yet.

I'm looking for games similar to the Dark Souls board game for inspiration, even if it's just part of the game (like the actual combat part of Kingdom Death Monster).
Gameplay should be basic, lethal, reduced monster slaying, ideally for 1-3 players. Is there anything like it?

Will Twilight Imperium 4 ever happen?
Or at least some expansion, anything?
I wanna have more TI.

What's in the middle and the middle right one?

Middle is castles of mad king ludwig...I remember the middle right one being talked about on here...or maybe it was in the local group. It was an interesting chess like game thing, but yeah.

Middle right is The Duke, absolutely fantastic abstract, scratches the chess endgame itch without the tedium of getting to that endgame.

Go implement the shattered ascention fan rules, probably better than a fourth edition would be anyways.

I would but the components.

>master download still not working

Because it's still being revised so they haven't compiled everything. Just download the components individually.

Yeah, I know. I still need to make up the asteroid belts.

If that mod was released with proper quality components somewhere, I'd buy it.

Not likely sue to the amount of copyrighted artwork, but they do have a tabletop Sim mod.

Talking about Twilight Imperium, should it with expansions and play it with expansions for the first time, or without?

The extra board only comes out when using specific threats (elder things for antarctica and some kinda suped-up mummy for egypt) and travel between the expedition space and at least one space on the extra board doesn't cost an action, so at most you've got one more board.
I don't have the expansion but I think the extra board gets a bunch of specific mysteries and you add more clues to the bag which spawn there.

Is one night ultimate werewolf fun? IF so, how many people do I need for it to be enjoyable?

Thinking about picking it up eventually

Play without first, Imperial I really hammers home that this is a VP game.

Depends entirely on your ability to teach the game and the other players ability to absorb information effectively.
I start new people with both expansions and the shattered ascention fan mod.

It's not bad, but eventually you will enter a rut with it in accusations, so you'll need a large enough varied group to get the most out of it. I'd recommend Spyfall instead. Much more intrigue of questioning and an actual structure.

Watch the how it's played video. Several times. Make your friends watch it. Try it solo first.

Never played that one but I've played Kanban. So much hurt in my brain, but very stimulating.
Yep. It works at any player count 4+. Lower player counts are very different than higher player counts though, and get boring faster because there are fewer roles that work well at 4 and 5. That said you'll still play 10 times in a row with 4 players.

Nice !!

>And this is what I'm waiting on for preorder / KS deliveries. I should probably stop doing this... Or at least slow down on it.

Pic related user. Pic related...

Anything on expansions to Forbidden Stars?
Are we gonna see any?

Played a PnP copy of this today. Consider this: Lords of Waterdeep: The Card Game. It feels like a cross between LoW and Splendor. Has anyone else played this?