/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls Lore Genera

Great Houses Edition

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] 1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))
[UESRPG 1e + other TES RPGs] mediafire.com/uesrpg
Discussion in #UESRPG (same server)

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
No waifus except Therana please.
Keep the MK/Lady N related squabbling to a minimum.

Previous Kalpa →

Other urls found in this thread:

en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Effects_of_the_Elder_Scrolls
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Ignore the other thread, I fucked up the title...

might not seem like a big fuck-up but I know I always use ctrl+f to find the threads I'm looking for and I bet many others do aswell and would miss on the thread this way

Nevermind, it got purged already. Yay.

Daily reminder to remove n'wah scum

Kwama thread!

Who is bottom right/

Helseth's guard helmet with Ebonheart Pact emblem.

Ah, it's the emblem that threw me off.

What symbols are the bottom row from?

It's not, actually.

Yeah, my bad. It's ESO Dunmer symbol. To the left from it is a Ghartok symbol and the next ones are some OC ones.

Who's the best great house and why is it Dres

thanks sera

btw, is the top left symbol confirmed for indoril? On the UESP I can only find the 'logos' of Hlaalu, Redoran, Dres, Dagoth and Telvanni.

It's TR's previous variant of their sigil, they use another one now.

shame we don't have an official indoril logo

I actually thought that Ghartok was their sigil, given that it appears on Indoril armor and the Tribunal expansion pack imagery. Indoril Nrevar also had Ghartoki on his hands.

noob question, what is ghartok?

According to MK, "Hand" + "weapon", an Aldmeris word for it. I personally equate it with this hand symbol.

Hand+weapon? Is it some weird fighting style combining hand-to-hand with actual weaponry?

Ghartok really sounds like an orc name btw

It's just a word with somewhat vague meaning, you can find it in the 36 Lessons and the Commentaries.

>"Hand" + "weapon"
Or, in other words, a "fist"

I thought they were Sadras and the Temple (that's Armager glass armor, right?).

Your weapon hand.

Or, you are the weapon of something.

Or, in the case of Pelinal, his literal weapon hand.

> Hand+weapon? Is it some weird fighting style combining hand-to-hand with actual weaponry?
It means weapon hand. It is hand used for wielding a weapon.

> Or, you are the weapon of something.
More like you are an agent of something. AE GHARTOK PADHOME, CHIM AE ALTADOON would thus mean "I am the weapon-hand of change and royalty is the weapon"

>Dres' Emblem depicted as a pair of manacles
that's a little bit on the nose.

Thanks, ESO.

I can't really say, but I'm pretty sure that's just a fan depiction.

It's from ESO.

JUST ESO MY LORE UP

I don't think the ESO devs have ever heard the word "subtle" before.

>Elder Scroll of Chim
>Elder Scroll of Ghartok
>Elder Scroll of Alma Rula

I think we've discussed this before, but CHIM doesn't necessarily refer to the state of being, it is also Ehlnofex for "Royalty." The Amulet of Kings, Chim El-Adabal, doesn't have to do with the state of being, it's a symbol of royalty.

That's not the point. The fact of the matter is that ESO just threw in a bunch of random ass useless elder scrolls labeled with 36 Lesson buzzwords because "MUH DEEP LORE"
It's incredibly out of place, and lacks any meaning. Just all around cringey as fuck.
The worst part is that redditors actually ate this up as 'muh CHIM confirmed!' yikes.

Veeky Forums.org/tg/tgesg
this is all you need

man, the catalog looks much better that way

Dres, because slavery is natural.

You think kwamas could be ridden

Why would this confirm CHIM?

I once tried to ride a scrib, the result wasn't pretty.

because the word is mentioned, i guess, i dunno. Typical reddit logic

It gives validation to the information by referencing it in a different game.

I've always enjoyed Telvanni the most. Only thing I dislike about the is the backstabbing Klingon promotion bit.

>Muh mushroom towers
Best home, really wish there had been a quest in the Mad Gods land to use the mushroom trees there as a base for a new one.

You tried riding a scrib because it was pretty :3
I wonder how strong the shells of the other kwama variants are

because it says chim :DDDD

But it's been referenced in multiple games. It was confirmed the second someone said "CHIM" in Morrowind.

But without confirmation in other games, the idea of chim is irrelevant and could be explained away by embellishment by those in power.
Of course a powerful figure, or three, would call themselves gods, and a writer like vivec would try and make up stories to justify his "right" to power.

Besides, I meant referencing the information in the sermons confirms they weren't just inane ramblings of a freak in a loincloth.

Are you seriously implying that ESO lore is more credible than Morrowind one?

>Are you seriously implying that ESO lore is more credible than Morrowind one?
I couldn't give two shits what's "credible" or not. But yes, eso is just as credible as morrowind as long as it doesn't directly contradict what's already established.

Book 3 of Commentaries on the Mysterium Xarxes talks heavily about CHIM
>The Tower touches all the mantles of Heaven, brother-noviates, and by its apex one can be as he will. More: be as he was and yet changed for all else on that path for those that walk after. This is the third key of Nu-mantia and the secret of how mortals become makers, and makers back to mortals. The Bones of the Wheel need their flesh, and that is mankind's heirloom.
>CHIM. Those who know it can reshape the land. Witness the home of the Red King Once Jungled.
So if they needed more confirmation, it's there.
And if the Elder Scrolls contains the knowledge of CHIM, how would anyone read it without zerosumming?

>people reading elder scrolls
lol no
en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Effects_of_the_Elder_Scrolls
>For one who has received no training in the history or nature of the Elder Scrolls, the scroll itself is, effectively, inert. No prophecy can be scried nor knowledge obtained.

>what are moth priests
They would still zero sum once they realize they're a dream.

>eso is just as credible as morrowind

HELLO

>The knowledge they gain from the scroll is also tempered somewhat -- it requires stages of meditation and reflection to fully appreciate and express what one saw.
or
>hey spend their waking hours pondering the revelations, they also receive a further degree of mental fortitude
So it could be they either don't understand it enough to zero-sum, or they could possibly chim themselves.
Or, yes they could zerosum. But that's unlikely since it requires proper understanding, not just reading any part of the scroll like most monks do.
>meming
fun. we literally are just tesg without waifus now.

>ESO being shitty fanfiction is a meme!
You are a meme.

2. Anger

Ah, it's this faggot again.

ladies, you're both pretty

whaddya guys think house sadras is like?

Just because it's named CHIM doesn't mean it has knowledge of CHIM, the state.

I've never played eso, but I'm assuming there's only one scroll of chim?
If so, it's fair to assume that yes, it does include knowledge of chim the state.

That shit should have been locked away with the other SCPs- I mean weapons of rapture under the White Gold Tower, then.

The Ra'athim are involved with all the biggest names in 3E-4E history. From Nerevar to Talos, the Septims, Barenziah and Helseth, the rulers of Veloth to Morrowind, even High Rock.

But they already have one zero-sum inducing weapon.

By the way, any ideas what the other 1007 might be?

Traditional Resdaynia traveling merchant caravans that Redoran tasked with surveying and prospecting Dunmer colonies and overseeing trade.

Nah, like someone else pointed out, CHIM is a word as much as it's a concept.

It's the scroll of royalty.

Why have I never heard of the Ra'athim before?

I know Direnni is an old and influental family, but I don't think I've ever heard any mentions of the Ra'athim.

They're behind it all, man.

Some sheet music, a broken diamond,

I like that.

Okay now I get to be relatively ashamed.

I can tell Indorel,Redoran, Telvani, Hlaalelulelo, and Dagoth. I imagine 11 & 12 are Dres. But the entire bottom row has me straight up stumped. I've certainly seen the hand symbol before and I know where but I can't tell you what it stands for, the other 3 have me truly clueless.

Have you never even read the Biography of Barenziah? Jesus.

(cont)
The memospore of a zero-summing moth priest, probably some Numidiums, some other stuff I forget. Ask the Ghost Choir.

>Hlaalelulelo

The hand is the Tribunal Temple, the far left is, I think, Sadras, and the last is, as pointed out above, the Dunmeri symbol from ESO.

It may be one of the more common answers but I loved Redoran even before they became the sue house. I think it started from just a preference for their armor over the other houses and spiraled out of control from there.

>a broken diamond
Is that what I think it is?

>meme-o-spore

it all makes sense now, moth priests study the art of shitposting

what?

What do you think it is?

Scary things.

One I wanna say is a decayed head that witnessed Numidium and mouths NO.

One that MK barfed out was a poem or memory transcripts of a moth priest that zero summed.

You know, that thing I can't describe because of the Thalmor.

Of course not. That is just a useless pile of soul gem fragments, probably housed up in some museum that the Thalmor ransacked and scattered to the winds, and an elemental or two. No, no, its something else.

Pictured.

>By the way, any ideas what the other 1007 might be?
A bundle of ridiculous lies the Temple Zero babbles on about.

Yeah, that's probably it.

The symbol for house Hlaalu is a merchant scale, the only way it could be less subtle is if it was literally a picture of a dark elf sucking imperial dick.

w-what?

Lies would imply something not to be true, Monkey Truth is applying the logic of the TES universe. You never needed C0DA you know, that was just a call for attention.

Hasphat please.

That. You know, it. [REDACTED BY ORDER OF THE ELDER COUNCIL]

[NUMINIT]

So it would include everything about chim, which includes shit that would make you zerosum.

Tam! RUGH!

Wwwhhhyyyy would it?

Who the fuck needs Talos anyways? Fucker is not needed. "Boo hoo! Muh convention! Muh Zero Stone! Muh Lorkhan!"
Man doesn't need no stinking Talos. Talos can go up a creek and die, all man needs is Reman. Fucking elves forgot the true God King of Mankind, Talos is just an usurper who only had 200 years of worship before being squashed down into a shitstain. Reman lives.

What happened to the souls of previous Emperors, by the way? Are they in AEtherius now?

Yeah, probably. Or they were burned in Martin's ascension.

Because chim exists.
There's only one scroll of chim.
Unless you're trying to argue a different scroll talks about chim the state, which afaik isn't implied anywhere.

But is there any of His blood left? I heard Medes are somewhat related to the Remanites.

Why do you think one of the scrolls has to discuss CHIM at all?

>implying Talos worship isn't just an evolved form of Reman worship
Probably fused with Martin when he mantled Akatosh

I haven't heard anything like that.