Dragon Ball Tuffle Quest Z #34

>You are Maple Son-Mahogany, one of two young Tuffle twins thrown at Earth starting in early Dragon Ball by your "father," Dr. Raichi

>"Canon" had already taken a sharp turn from the "norm" when you began, and through your actions, choices, and dialogue, took even further turns from the "norm," and will probably continue to do so

>Stats and dice mechanics are used, and can be explained again as needed

>Let's all try to have some fun, ok?

And a pastebin:

pastebin.com/MDdaFHb0

Last time, on Dragon Ball Tuffle Quest Z! You and Chiaotzu acquired a ship and decided to head off to find Lazuli, happening upon a ship of space orphans along the way. Afterwards, you were confronted by a question on how you would deal with Freeza, and finally arrived on Planet Brench... only to find it almost completely deserted. And with a monster called Leon being the apparent reason why.

youtu.be/NLOxUvbGG1I

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tBb4cjjj1gI
inception.davepedu.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

"Now, you're sure that you haven't seen any blonde women with pale skin around lately? Goes by the name of Lazuli?" you question Custad, Scouter's reading on... whatever the hell that is going up and up.

"If she's smart she'd be long gone by now, left with most other people." he responds, looking down at his leg again, still having a hard time believing that it just healed up like that. "How close is your ship?"

"We landed right outside, were kinda looking for what happened." Well this is great. You look in the direction of the signal on your Scouter again, and curiously, it seems to be going AWAY from you for a moment. And then its Power Level stops rising. Then it rises again. Then it starts dropping. It cycles through that for a short while before finally rising again. What the hell is going on?

>A. Custad, get to your friend and head to the ship, I'm gonna look around for a moment
>B. Stick with him, ask him some questions on this "Leon" thing
>C. Something else?

Roll me 1d20, best of five. DC is 20.

Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>B. Stick with him, ask him some questions on this "Leon" thing

Rolled 7 (1d20)

Rolled 3, 7, 19 = 29 (3d20)

Here's the other three, but I gotta go to work soon so I hope other people trickle in.

>B

Rolled 18 (1d20)

>B. Stick with him, ask him some questions on this "Leon" thing

Rolled 18 (1d20)

Sheesh, I think this is our first dc 20....

You blink for a moment, a slight headache coming. It's almost like the whole world just... flickers. But your Scouter's signal doesn't change. Leon, or at least what you assume is it's strength, is easily over a million now. And most strange of all it doesn't seem to be approaching you. It's... circling the spaceport. Rather fast, but there's a clear pattern to its movements. "Is there anything else you can tell me about this thing?"

"It somehow woke up and just started attacking people left and right." Custad explains, exiting the building. He looks at your ship curiously, rubbing his head. "A little... small, that thing. Can barely fit all of us in it."

You give him a slightly annoyed look, but don't make an issue of that comment. "It's a rental. But, attacking how? What exactly does it do?"

"Its body seems immune to blasters." he states, pointing to his gun. "And our best warriors could injure it, but the injuries were minor and seemed to somehow heal up just as quickly as damage was done. None of our Scouters could detect what kind of strength it has. It would strike at people with its giant jaws and seemed to be able to modify its body slightly, fangs and claws growing larger on demand."

Machines that... can rapidly heal? Well that's sounding... uncomfortably familiar. You both arrive in what Custad states is the communications area, and it certainly looks the part. You can sense someone nearby... aha, there she is, hiding in a... trash can?

(cont.)

"Mousseline, it's all right, we'll be able to get off this planet." the blue man shouts, causing the woman to poke her head out.

Her skin as blue as the man next to you, head full of long blonde hair, and an orange dress with two... heart-shaped cuts in it on her chest and midriff. Well, you're not one to question space fashion right now. What you would question is her... voice. It's deeper than Custad's for a moment, and as she continues to speak it slowly becomes more feminine, at first sounding forced, but soon sounding far more natural. "Oh Custad, what about your leg? Didn't... Reta shoot it?"

"Kid here healed it up somehow." he comments, pointing to you.

"Not a kid." you grumble.

>A. We've got everyone, let's leave
>B. What's wrong with your voice?
>C. Check on where Leon is now
>D. Something else?

Roll me 1d20 again, best of five. DC is 20.

Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>C. Check on where Leon is now

Rolled 4 (1d20)

This shit is all an illusion isn't it? And that lady just made her voice sound right for her image.

Rolled 15 (1d20)

Rolled 18 (1d20)

Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>B. What's wrong with your voice?

Rolled 13 (1d20)

>D. Something else?
>SAMMA DITTHI!

You look at the woman suspiciously. "Er... is there something wrong with your voice? Do you need some water or something?"

She gives a nervous look in response. "I'm... fine. Just a little frightened, is all."

...yeah no she's not. You place your hands on your hips and give the same suspicious look to Custad. "Okay, what's really going on here?"

"Wh-what do you mean? And it's a little rude to say that about a lady's voice, kid."

"If I have to say it one more time I'm going to hit one of you." you grunt lowly. "Come on, now I know you two are hiding something."

Your head starts to hurt again, and it seems like the whole world flickers once more. You see Custad and Mousseline's skin turn... red? Then it goes back to their blue color. You this time try to focus whatever this is. And for a brief moment you see... Goku? You focus harder and-

A flash comes to your mind. Goku, seems like he's on another planet, and he's talking with someone in PTO armor. Looks like a humanoid with black hair, Scouter, a... tail?! "Wait, you're that Vegeta guy's-?!"

A loud roar snaps you out of this. Custad and Mousseline are running in a panic towards your ship. They're not very fast, certainly not as fast as you... but your Scouter is telling you Leon is closing in on you, quickly.

>A. Head to your ship and demand some answers, now
>B. Contact Chiaotzu and tell him to confront them, you're heading to the machine monster
>C. Something else?

Hi mommy kato

Hi questers

I've been playing Som's dragonball quest.

I asked him "What are you going to do to prevent the problems of your last quests, namely that we ride the exponentials to overpowered town"

He said "You will have to train your ass off to stay relevant" and has implied that we might end up as this setting's Yamcha.

Which would be ok, except we have the Kamehameha before we've even met Tien or Muten Roshi, and we were given the option to kill Goku (which we did not use).

I'd say we're on track for SOM Station.

In other news one of the wooden sideboards in my bed has broken and I will need to go to Bunnings today to buy some square brackets, big screws, wood glue, and probably also a tool that can drive the big screws.

>A. Head to your ship and demand some answers, now

How long did it take for players to try to waifu Bulma? Or did they try to waifu Goku?

>>A. Head to your ship and demand some answers, now

There has been one person samefagging to waifu everything that moves. Thus far this has included Poca, Mai, and Bulma.
Other players seem to have not waifu'd anything.

Players expressed some initial interest in not being the Generic Goodguy Hero and a desire to play a character who has flaws that prevent him from being totally good, or his own motivations that line up mostly with being good but veer off sometimes.
While this was going on, the Nimbus only partially accepted us as a rider, as we hadn't decided if we're pure or heart or not.

We promptly threw that in the bin and are now the most Generic Goodguy Questcomplete-Savethevillagers as possible.

Personally I'd have liked to have killed Goku. Just because good lord would that throw multiple wrenches into Dragonball and give our character some baggage (thus making him into less of an empty vessel to be filled with Generic Protagonist Juice). But such is life.

>>A. Head to your ship and demand some answers, now

They should waifu Goku.

+++ ACTIVATING AUTOTUNE +++

youtube.com/watch?v=tBb4cjjj1gI

>C. Something else?
We must adapt to space fashion.

You cross your arms and let out an irritated sigh, followed by a mumble of "Raio-ken." Like lightning, you bolt clear past the two and reach your ship, standing before it. The two stumble for a moment before getting a clear picture of you standing in their way. "Uh-huh, now let's try this again. Who are you two?"

A loud gulp comes from them, now both of their voices sounding deeper. "C-can we please just get off this planet? Now?"

You give an intimidating, cold glare as Chiaotzu arrives. "Answers. Now."

"Jig is up, Zaacro." the "woman" says.

"Only because YOU didn't practice hard enough, Raiti." he gives in return.

The whole world seems to darken, clouds filling the sky as the "spaceport" you were on turns out to be just a large mountainous. The two blue figures change into red, crab-like aliens, the two of them on their knees, ready to beg. "Please, we're sorry, but you're the only ship that's come by in over a year, we had to make you notice us somehow! And we need to get off this planet before that thing kills us!"

As much as the planet seemed to be an illusion, Leon clearly wasn't. In fact, your Scouter finally gives you a clear answer on how strong it is. Power Level of 2 million. And the fluctuation you were given turns out to be... several large mollusk-like monsters, engaged in battle with it. The robot lion is treating them like the seafood buffet they are.

Chiaotzu looks at you and shrugs. "I mean... it'd be cruel to just leave them here."

>A. Fine, but any funny business and we're dropping you off back here
>B. Get rid of the monster, if that's what they're so worried about
>C. Ask about the illusions, how did they know about Planet Brench?
>D. Something else?

>C. Ask about the illusions, how did they know about Planet Brench?
>D. Something else?
"We would've helped you regardless of what you had looked liked. You have psychic powers you could have contacted us easily. How about we work together and see wnere this big guy came from?"

Intention sense on the monster and the creatures it's fighting.

Who's the "good guys" here?

On the one hand, PL of 2 million clearly implies it's been put in the game world for us to fight, and is therefore the enemy, the "bad guy"

On the other hand, this wouldn't be the first time we made a friend, and these red dudes are using deception. Deception is usually the "Bad guys" thing.

I want to know who is the nice guy and who is the space asshole.

>B. Get rid of the monster, if that's what they're so worried about

Backing these.

Q.

Kato, this might be powergaming, but is there any way we can practice our healing and Ki restore while focusing on other tasks, until we can achive some kind of passive weak regeneration?

That way we could get into the higher levels of Kaioken without tearing ourselves into pieces. ... Or at least tearing ourselves into pieces slower than we heal from it.

You look them both over, trying to sense their intentions, while also delving into their minds telepathically. While the two are clearly not nice folks, they genuinely do want to get off this rock. That said, it seems like they're also scam artists, and have used their illusion abilities before to attempt an escape. The monster attacking them is sent as punishment from one such attempt, from the "Order of Luud" that visited, to them, a year, but to you it seems to have just been three months ago. Bah, alien calendar systems.

"You know, you could have just contacted us directly instead of putting up this sham disguise thing. We'd have helped you off without much incident."

One of them stands, frowning. "We had to trick your ship into stopping here! And thanks to the pale one, we knew that you were heading for Planet Brench..."

"Wait, me?" Chiaotzu asks.

The two of them give uncomfortable looks. "We can't read the mind of the girl. Well... we CAN, but all we see are images of this... 'Goku' person. We'd need to use our feelers to get any deeper."

Heh, comes in handy once again. "So... the 'Order of Luud,' what exactly was this?"

"Some dumb cultists that were trying to gain followers. We posed as a couple backwards hicks when some came by, thought we could trick them into letting us get out of here." the other answers, sighing. "It... didn't work."

>A. Fine, we'll help you off, but you two are getting dropped off on the next planet we come across, we have a friend to find
>B. We'll destroy the monster, but you two are staying here
>C. Something else?

>C. Something else?
Lie to them. Tell them we'll help them, but leave them somewhere, while we see if we can make friends with Leon.

>B. We'll destroy the monster, but you two are staying here

>A. Fine, we'll help you off, but you two are getting dropped off on the next planet we come across, we have a friend to find

>A
Fuck investing more than we have to into these guys.

Do we have to destroy the monster if we choose B?

The monster isn't really hurting us or our friends.

>C. Something else?
"I'm going to tame that overgrown furball. I have a tiger, so a lion shouldn't be a problem."

Plus we're good with machines.

>A.
It'd be a dick move to leave them there, and I doubt the next people that come by will be in as good of a bargaining situation as we're in. If they try anything we can make sure the place they get dropped off on is a Galactic Patrol area.

I'll leave it up to the other questers what happens to these two, but I want to interact with the robot in a non-violent way

Chiaotzu was a scam artist, and we helped turn him and Tien around. Maybe chiaotzu can do the same for them?

We'll need to help the lil' guy with his mental defenses. He'd probably use his doll-wife or Tien as his mental barrier.

Seeing Guldo, Chiaotzu and the two all together would mean we'd have the best psychic group. All we'd need is a Kanassan to fill it out.

So mix some sort of healing/regen aura?

The 8 paths could have something like that down the line.

I like this idea.

I feel like Leon is indirectly their inoshikocho

A scam artist duo + a monster causing havoc + things aren't all what they seem

hmmmm....

Yeah, if Mapes isn't having dejavu I don't know what will.

It'd be nice if we could combine the SanKeepo with the Healing to get some Not Die, and combine that with the "Very power but very die" of overdoing the Kaioken, to get Very power with a normal amount of die?

Rolled 14 (1d20)

"Fine. We'll help you off this planet, but you're ending up on the first place we come across. We've got a friend we're trying to find." you state with an annoyed sigh.

"Makes the most sense." Chiaotzu comments.

You nudge his shoulder. "You still haven't learned how to block Telepathy? I thought you'd be an expert at that kind of thing at this point."

He blushes as you all head to the ship. "I... well, I can almost do it. But I'm trying to find the... right block for it."

"Right... block?"

"I'd... rather it be something simple, and not personal. It's just hard to focus on that as an instinctive block." he adds, hopping in with the aliens.

As you're about to take off, Leon finally seems to make it, jaws with bits of the oversized seafood stuck in there. It looks... angry, giving another roar. You wave to it apologetically. "Hey, sorry there, but we've kinda gotta leave. Can't play with you today, you strange, blue, robot lion. Maybe another time."

It... is genuinely confused by the reaction you give it, not sure why you're so calm. It clearly seems to expect you to be like Zaacro and Raiti, cowering in terror. It snaps out of the confusion and prepares to attack, but you hop in your ship and take off before it can reach you. A disgruntled roar directed at you seems to accompany a... shaking of the monster's paw in anger.

It'll be a little while before you reach the next inhabited planet, could get some rest with the suspended animation thing, or could spend some time trying to practice telepathy blocking with Chiaotzu. It's far too cramped to do anything else.

>A. Get some rest
>B. Let's try to practice telepathy blocking
>C. Talk with the passengers for a bit
>D. Something else?

>C. Talk with the passengers for a bit
Their psychics. Let's do this shit together.

It can be their equal exchange for us saving them. Teach us cool new psychic stuff. Maybe emulate their feelers?

>D. Something else?
Keep an eye on those two pink scammers.

Also why doesn't Chiaotzu just use Ice as his block?

I'd use the Darkness personally.

Ice, psychic powers and intimidating as fuck.

Has he met the Darkness in this timeline tho?

Come to think of it we should totally go say hello to the Darkness when we get back to Earth.

I support seeing all our old friends but especially the Darkness.

In the Ask it was confirmed Chiaotzu when to the land of ice to work on his ice magic. So hopefully he learned a thing or two from the darkness.

Still would like to see animated snow monsters be used with us...

All righty, a roll of 1d20, best of five. DC is 17.

Rolled 20 (1d20)

Rolled 3 (1d20)

I want to face our inner innerness and maybe learn some mind tricks from the Darkness.

Maybe make out with Shadow Maple.
Okay I know Kato wouldn't approve that. But still, I want it!

We also felt that Demon damage whatever that healing magic only made worse. Finding some way around that might be a good idea.

For Maple making out with Shadow Maple!

Rolled 17 (1d20)

Rolled 19 (1d20)

When this run's much fun but then some bugger rolls 1

Rolled 13 (1d20)

This was the most successful psychic roll evah.

Rolled 15, 18, 9, 19, 14, 10, 17, 17 = 119 (8d20)

Too many high rolls. I'd better clear some low rolls out of the system

Your using all the good ones, stop!

... oops

Rolled 7, 19, 3, 6, 20, 8, 2, 4, 12, 12, 14, 20, 5, 16 = 148 (14d20)

Waiit no I can fix it.
ok THESE are the low ones!

STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHP

Not a single one.

What the actual

...Impressive.

Writing...

Rolled 20 (1d20)

ok I absolutely, 100% guarantee you that this one single dice roll is low and I'm saving us from pain

Sounds like a Som quest alright.

Why.

You're tempting Liam! Stop this madness right now, you... you... double heretic!

Rolled 4 (1d20)

*intentionally tempts Liam*

"Chiaotzu, let's take some time to go over what I was talking about." you state, smiling back at him. "Time to learn some telepathy blocking."

He sighs. "I-if you're sure, Maple."

Over the course of the next few hours, taking a break only to get some of the food stored in the ship, you and Chiaotzu work on managing a good telepathy block for him, something that'll work well enough without being, as he calls it, too personal. You both eventually hit upon the idea of using Darkness as the "focus" of the block, Darkness and Chiaotzu's Ice Magic, the two mixing together to become a haunting, frigid image that people trying to read his mind would be confronted by.

...though in the process you learn something a little... new. In his time spent training with her, getting to know her... it seems Chiaotzu might have developed a bit of a crush on a certain someone. And he knows you know now. The first words out of his lips upon this realization are, of course, "Matchmaker Maple, no."

>A. Matchmaker Maple, yes! You like Lazuli~!
>B. Fiiiiiiine
>C. Something else?

>>A. Matchmaker Maple, yes! You like Lazuli~!

No!!!!!!!! Lazuli goes into Krillin!

Stop this madness now before it is too late!

Be faithful to your waifu Ranfan or whatever her name was!

>The first words out of his lips upon this realization are, of course, "Matchmaker Maple, no."

inception.davepedu.com/

>>B. Fiiiiiiine

>B. Fiiiiiiine

>B. Fiiiiine But you should still let her know...

>A. Matchmaker Maple, yes! You like Lazuli~!
My first non-canon choice would actually be Lazuli/Vegeta, but this works too.

His waifu is literally a doll. This is a step up and you know it.

>C. Something else?
"What about your wife?!, you cheating sonofagun! I can't hold this from Ran Ran!"

Magical materalize the doll up and confess everything. Then puppet the doll to tell Chiaotzu to follow his heart and at least not bottle up these emotions. Lazuli is a good friend and would understand. Then she'd tell him that Maple has several other candidates for him!

Meanwhile, in ChiaotzuQuest
>Moment of truth, Maple knows, now we just need to tell Lazuli and we're gold
>FUCKING 18FAGS RUINING OUR CHANCE TO GO AFTER SUNO
>Tien still best waifu

All those Ranranfans...

Who knew so many anons wanted to fuck a doll. Wait. Nvm. Forgot where I was for a moment.

Geroquest here!

We've had 10 threads in 3 fucking days. I feel like I'm sleep deprived.

Oh, yes. Nothing out of the ordinary is happening on Earth. Or in fact anywhere near Earth.

Magilquester.

....Hell isn't fun.

It's boring as shit.

Fucking nat. 1's.

Have you convinced Towa to fuck Maple yet?

I mean um

Yes, all of our plans center on that blue witch and you should definitely focus over 90% of your attention on what she's doing.

Yes but did you convince her to fuck Maple yet? She clearly wants to. She's thirsty for it.

I'd rather see Vados/Towa.

He looks at you with irritation. Ah, you want to say it so badly. So badly. But... you show some restraint. "Fiiiiiiine." you breathe out. "...but you should let her know some time."

"...when it's right." he responds softly, sitting back in his seat.

You have Zaacro and Raiti test out their mind reading on Chiaotzu to make sure it works, and sure enough, it does. With that, you finally get some rest in, heading to the nearest planet in the direction of the REAL Brench. It takes you some travel time, but finally you arrive on...

"Hello and welcome to Planet Metamor, business or pleasure?" a humanoid woman dressed in professional attire asks with a friendly but slightly forced smile.

"Er... just a quick pit stop, I guess. So... pleasure?" you respond, rubbing the back of your neck.

"Business." Zaacro and Raiti, now looking more like the locals, state after you and Chiaotzu move on through. "I believe this is where we go our separate ways."

"Just keep in mind why you ended up on that planet in the first place. Might be a good idea to try to turn over a new leaf, you've got a fresh start ahead. Please don't waste it." Chiaotzu asks of them.

"Yes, yes... farewell."

With a slight stretch and a yawn, you look around the terminal area. Really could use a break and some time to get some fresh air. You also notice some people walking around outside in strange but matching outfits; vests, white pants with sashes, black boots. Some seem to have spiked, multicolored hair for some reason, while others have odd-looking balding tops with thick, full, and colorful long hair on the sides.

>A. Look around a bit, try to get a brochure or something to see what this planet is about
>B. Talk with the locals a bit, see if there are some good sights around
>C. Ask Chiaotzu what he'd like to do
>D. Something else?

>>A. Look around a bit, try to get a brochure or something to see what this planet is about

>A. Look around a bit, try to get a brochure or something to see what this planet is about
>C. Ask Chiaotzu what he'd like to do
>D. Something else?
Clothes beam up an outfit like the locals for Maple and Chiaotzu in their school colors so they don't stand out.

At the very least, we'll be able to know where to get good food. Where there's good food and possibly traumatized serving staff/cooks, Goku is liable to be found there.

Meta-gaming but....

Who's gonna be our dance partner, and....uh...the name problem guys. We're going to fucking fight about it and have resentful comments about fusion names. I can see it now.