Post-Apocalypse Magical Girl Quest, Part 24

Previous Threads: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Post-Apocalypse Magical Girl Quest

Twitter: @echogarrote

Opening Theme: youtube.com/watch?v=r3FKgL7YVFg

Last Episode: Joy-In-Ashes talked her ancestor into leaving her alone, and Pytor into staying with her. Also, Genesis Settlement is under attack. It seems that the People Of Joy have had enough of waiting.

"Lupa." Amelia is gently shaking you awake. "We're arriving."

"What time is it?" You ask.

"Late." Amelia says.

Now it's not a trick of the mind, you hear shots of gunfire echoing through the valleys and canyons of Peninsular.

"Where did they get so many people?" You mumble. "Alright, what's the plan."

"We're a little split." Amelia says. "I say that we need to go to Naahma, Arthur Rozen and the Council are there, organizing the fight.

"Ray's demanding that we go to the Confessor Ranch, and check on his people. Which is...understandable. I think he's going to do that anyway." Amelia says.

You nod, there's also the option of heading to the trading town of Salome. If Gaft, one of the original People of Joy, is hiding there, then it's very important that you reach him.

> Let's go to Naahma, if we don't there's a chance Genesis' army could break and the PoJ would have control over the colony.
> Let's go to the Confessors, if we don't they could be captured, wiped out, or worse.
> We need to go to Salome, if we don't the PoJ can get Gaft.

How fast can we fly?

> Let's go to Naahma, if we don't there's a chance Genesis' army could break and the PoJ would have control over the colony.

> Let's go to the Confessors, if we don't they could be captured, wiped out, or worse.

"I'm with Ray." You say. "We need to go help the Confessors."

"Really?" Amelia asks.

"Yeah," You say. "There's more people like there who are like Ray. Plus, there's a chance that they'll help us. Attacking the PoJ with a small army of our own is better than just us alone."

Amelia nods. "How are you sure that they're going to help us? They might want to protect their ranch."

You grin. "I think when their Holy Angel of Ash appears before them and asks for their aid...they'll come help."

Amelia opens her mouth and then winces. "Of course that was you. Alright, good idea."

Now it's a question about how you want to arrive.

> Use Zephyr's Bracelet and ride the wind, you'll get their quickly, but you'll be there alone.
> Grab one of your crew and drive the bike to the ranch. It'll take a bit longer, but you'll have back up.
> Arrive with everyone in the RV. Slowest, but you'll be there in full force.

Rolled 1 (1d2)

Torn between the bike and the bracelet

> Grab one of your crew and drive the bike to the ranch. It'll take a bit longer, but you'll have back up.
Ray he can rally people and snipe.

"Ray!" You get out of the RV. Ray is talking to Pytor. "Get on the bike. We're going to your Ranch."

"Got it." Ray smirks at Pytor, and grabs his rifle, and a duffle bag that Pytor uses to carry his home made pipe bombs.

Pytor turns to look at you. "Should we follow?"

> Yes, please. We'll need the back up.
> No, you two should head to Naahma.
> No, I need you, and Amelia, to go to Salome.

Find Gaft, he might know something we can sue against the PoJ. And it's safer than going to Naahma.

>> No, you two should head to Naahma.

Wait, what about Musor?

Musor goes with the RV, and the other two.

>Pytor and Musor.
>Bearbowl confirmed.
>get hype

Why are they heading straight in the battle field without us?

>*I like your style*
>*Thanks, you're pretty good yourself*
>Amelia watch them grunts to each other after dispatching a group of PoJs
>Please don't tell me you can understand each other..

So, is Lupa unsure, or are there more votes?

"You three need to go to Salome," You say. "There's a man there, he goes by Dr. Heart. His real name is Gaft. He knows more about all of this than Wren. If the PoJ get him, we're going to be in a lot more trouble."

Pytor nods.

"Alive, Pytor." You say. "I want to kick his ass myself, first. He's the one that turned me into...this." You say.

"Are you sorry that he did?" Pytor asks.

You shrug. "I don't know. It was easier when we just had to survive. Let the world happen to us."

Pytor nods, and then goes to the van.

You point Ray to slide back on the bike. "I'm driving." You say.

"Sure." Ray says.

The pair of you take off.

It takes a while for you to arrive near the compound, and the pair of you stop the bike, about a half-mile away and go by foot the remaining distance.

It's not looking good when you arrive at the parking lot of the Confessor's Ranch. There's a huge truck there, and two unfamiliar jeeps. The jeeps are painted white, PoJ vehicles.

There's no sound of active gunfire, so it looks like any fighting has already happened.

> Charge in, with kicks, ash and knives.
> Go up to the truck quietly.
> Use Zephyr's bracelet to wind-walk right into the center of the compound.

>> Go up to the truck quietly.
remove keys and whatnot to prevent the fuckers to leave in a hurry

>ask if Ray sees any signs of fighting, struggle or anything else anomalous. he ahs better eyes than we do.

HWG

"Hang back." You say to Ray.

"Got it." Ray says, he's hoisted his rifle up to his shoulder and you can see his eyes slightly shine, and twitch.

You give his shoulder a quick touch. You always like looking at Ray's eyes when they do that.

Then you quietly head up towards the truck. You duck down to the side, when you realize that they have a person sitting in the cabin. He's looking straight ahead, and he reeks of Hubris, but...he's not a hive. Also, there's something familiar about his 'scent,' but you don't really have time to focus on it. The back end of the truck is busy.

The Confessors are being led inside, their heads covered with bags, and their arms zip-tied behind their back. 4 people that 'smell' the same as the driver are watching the procession, three of them have various firearms with them, and the last has a machete.

Watching the people who are watching the Confessor prisoners are two PoJ's in their clean white combat vests and body armor. They're loaded for bear, and have working Clean Energy rifles.

"So, now Melpomene's sent the kill order." One of them says, as he gets off his walkie-talkie.

"What? Augustus was very clear that these people were to be taken in alive." The other says. "We need them to enter the Holy Temple."

"Mel says that things have changed." The other one says.

"You get confirmation from Augustus?" The second one says.

"I'm trying to reach him, but you know our time table's really strict." The first one says.

"Ugh...alright...let me think." The second one says.

"Maybe we should take out half of them?" The first one says.

"Great, so that way BOTH of them will be mad at us." The second one says. "Let's just get them into the truck first."

> Go for a sneak attack and take out the PoJ
> Cripple the truck silently
> Go for mass chaos and give the Confessors a window to run/fight back.

> Go for a sneak attack and take out the PoJ

Please note, most of the Confessors are 'Potential' Accepting. Ray only manifested his abilities thanks to close exposure to you, your powers, and active Clean Energy devices.

Wait so you mean if we or the POJ use too much energy in this fight it can cause a mass awakening of the confessors and cause a clusterfuck then given they are already on the edge right now?

>> Cripple the truck silently
>something familiar about his 'scent,
Ruin?

Did you ever keep what you wrote for the first threads somewhere? i saw in the archive that you started when some asshole anons started fucking with the archives

>> Cripple the truck silently

Perhaps. Also a good way to get people killed.

Oh...now that you think about it, it does feel the same as when Ruin used her power.

There's a link in the third thread, the first one posted, to the earlier threads.

Can user tell me the significance of that? Is he demi-infected or something?

That's roughly it, yeah.

You go over to the tires of the truck and use your knife to slash them open, slowly the truck starts to sag, and it lurches to one side.

"Oh for the love of Joy, what now?!" One of the PoJ says. "You." He points to the machete guy. "Go look."

It's easy to keep creeping around the truck so you stay out of sight of everyone, crowd control is their priority.

"Flat tire." The machete guy says in a calm, inflectionless, voice.

"Son of a bitch." The first PoJ says. "They gave us the crap truck. All that bullshit about how this is so important and they give us five Servants and a crap truck."

"Fuck it." The second one says. "I say we kill them all now, leave the damn truck, and let Augustus yell at Mel."

"Alright, alright. Driver! Get out here, and bring your weapon!"

Wonderful, it seems the guy in the truck has a shotgun, and now there's seven people to deal with.

You're going to have to work quickly.

> Take out the PoJ
> Full chaos with ash clouds
> Be a distraction to get the PoJ and the Servants AWAY from the Confessors.

HWG

> Be a distraction to get the PoJ and the Servants AWAY from the Confessors.

>> Full chaos with ash clouds

>> Be a distraction to get the PoJ and the Servants AWAY from the Confessors.
preferably into Ray's Line of Fire

Time to bring it. You focus, and summon up all the Joy that you can, and then you force it down into the ground.

Three seconds, and then the whole world, or at least everything around all of the PoJ's vehicles explodes into a churning, coughing, massive cloud of grey ash.

"What the-?"

> Try to appear behind one of the PoJ and slash his neck
> Start Normal combat
> Cut some Confessors free

HWG

>> Try to appear behind one of the PoJ and slash his neck

Do we risk unleashing the knife frenzy?

You ash dodge behind one of the PoJ, and you pull your blade out and...

> roll 1d20

Rolled 13 (1d20)

Rolled 11 (1d20)

Rolled 16 (1d20)

HWG

Rolled 4 (1d20)

Psssh...nothin personnel

Rolled 5 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

He makes a gurgling noise as your blade cuts deep into his neck and he drops to the ground.

"Huh? What the-Ralph? RALPH!" The other one shouts.

That's when Ray takes his shot. He has no difficulty seeing through your ash cloud, but it's still a minor obstruction to him.

Taken a page from Embers, huh

Rolled 2, 3, 3 = 8 (3d10)

It's still a far shot, and it goes wide.

Roll 1d10 for initiative.

Rolled 3 (1d10)

Rolled 8 (1d10)

Rolled 3 (1d10)

Wonder how the joys in our head are reacting to the situation.

Rolled 6 (1d10)

HWG

You go first.

> Ash Shot
> Ash Armor
> Ash Cloud
> Ash Choke
> Ash Knife
> Purify
> Dodge Kick

> Ash Shot

> Dodge Kick

>> Ash Shot

> Ash Armor

> Ash Choke

You blast a thick soup of your element right into the PoJ's face.

Being inside a giant ash cloud makes it a bit easier for you to summon, control, and make hurt.

> Roll 1d20+1

Rolled 14 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

Rolled 16 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

Rolled 14 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

Rolled 4 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

let's not fuck it up

Rolled 5 (1d20)

HWG

Rolled 5 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

The PoJ screams as the ash rips into his face, and into his mouth, he gags and starts spitting out huge clumps of black stuff.

Ray fires his rifle again, he's had more time to aim, and his eyes are wide and shining.

Man, the dice sure do hate all of lu[a's companions. Except Pytor.. It's probably a sign.

The fuck, why is ray stuck at 5?

Still his shot goes wide.

The PoJ is too busy gagging to do anything.

The Servants just stand there.

The Confessors start to realize, under their hoods, that something's happening.

Your turn.

> Ash Shot
> Ash Armor
> Ash Cloud
> Ash Choke
> Ash Knife
> Purify
> Dodge Kick
> Help the confessors.

Embers, pls.

> Help the confessors.

> Ash Choke

>> Ash Knife
It's time

> Purify

> Ash Knife
Fuck it your right

HWG

You grin, and let that feeling run up your arms, it's just a faint tingle at the moment...

> Roll 2d20

Rolled 20, 9 = 29 (2d20)

I wonder what'll happen this time

Rolled 20, 8 = 28 (2d20)

Remove PoJ

Rolled 3, 12 = 15 (2d20)

>inb4 we kill the people we were trying to save.

Well, now that's something

So um, should we take a captive to find out whats going on and were they got the increase of numbers?

It hasn't even begun

At this rate we're probably going to kill everyone but Ray, and only because he's out of range.

And there it is...like always in it's glorious ecstasy, you know that you're going to kill someone.

One knife cuts into the PoJ.

> Roll 1d20, hit on 15+

Rolled 8 (1d20)

Rolled 6 (1d20)

Rolled 15 (1d20)

Rolled 8 (1d20)

clutch save there

Wait dont we throw another 2 knives every time we get a 18, 19 and 20?

Rolled 14 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

(I'm trying to nerf the blades a little, so they aren't as game breaking as they have been.)

The blade sinks into the PoJ and you feel the surge of enjoyment fade.

Ray takes a third shot. Hopefully he's got a dead bead on the man now.

at long last

FINALLY!

NOW Ray's got his aim right, with the rifle and the ash cloud. The PoJ takes one in the neck, and he drops to the ground. He twitches and goes still.

The Servants just stand there.

> Roll 1d20

Rolled 20 (1d20)