Warhammer 40k General

WAAAAAGHH! Airlines edition.

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/691960.page
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Another general is create plz delt

>uses some random WD page as OP image
>expects people to find the new general

Uses the right images.

The mini looks quite cool
And can be painted as any chaper you like, not just smurfs

This thread has been claimed by the followers of the Box God.

Those are some very shiny Ultramarines there. Wonder if they got a new member to the 'Eavy metal team

I think it's the new paints

The gem paints?

>Uses the right images.
How about you follow the same advice?
This board will not have peace until chicken lover stop shitposting generals with his image

Perhaps, they sell glossy shades now too

Am I doing something wrong with this furioso or do they come like this? That bottom part on the right doesn't look like it fits properly and I don't want to glue it until I know why it looks so fucked up.

So, why is it that Genuine Citadel(R) Finecast(TM) looks like ass compared to some random slavshit garbage? Why doesn't GW just hire a bunch of Russian sculptors if they're so much better?

but god damn if demi companies aren't a bunch of fuckery.

What the hell am i supposed to do with 3 tac squads in a firebringer detachment?

...sauce.

Do not forget, metal boxes are now sturdier than metal bawkses.

Is that.... pepper spray?

w/e fuck it, YOLO

It's a Rosarius.

OH! I see it now. I thought the joke was "lol look at how she holds her bolter down while holding pepper spray up, even in space rape is common"

The joke is some homeless communist made something in his back yard that GW's legions of trained professionals claimed was impossible for technical reasons. And it looks better than literally any sculpt GW has ever made. GW is criminally incompetent.

Looks fine to me

So my friend has the CSM side of the Dark Vengeance starter kit (chaos lord, aspiring champion, two 10er cultists squads, chosen squad, and a helbrute) and he wants to eventually make a dual army of CSM who worship Nurgle and Nurgle daemons. What should be his next purchase? I would love for him to get some Plague Marines cuz they look cool imo but I wanna know what he should get that'll compliment what I currently have and result in maximum fun. Chances are neither of us are going to be playing against anyone else but each other for a long time so points aren't crucial. A balance between "spend all the points" and "you can actually use this in tournaments" would be ideal.

oh come on, say what you like GW makes a quality product.

They are just a shit company.

The Start Collecting box for Nurgle Daemons is a good value, although I'm not sure if he wants to jump into the second army just yet.

Plague marines would be a good option. Maybe get some Rhinos or tanks

Good Nurgle stuff:
Nurgle Bikers (T6!) They take and hold objectives.
Nuglings They are fast tarpits and screening units.
Plaguebearers Not my favorite but decent.
Daemon Prince.

Making a list based on the Infernal Tetrad.
Im looking for some advice on which psychic powers I should roll on for each prince.

I'm thinking of having Tzeentch roll up Divination + Malefic, Nurgle take Biomancy and Slaanesh take Telepathy. I don't have enough mini's to do major Malefic cheese and I'm not sure about the new Chaos Psychic disciplines are any of them good?

[1245]
>War – Khorne Daemon Prince - [260]
DoK / Daemonic Flight / Armor of Scorn / Greater Reward / Lesser Reward
>Famine – Nurgle Daemon Prince - [335]
DoN / Daemonic Flight / Warp Armor / 2x Greater Reward / Mastery 3
>Conquest – Tzeentch Daemon Prince - [330]
DoT / Daemonic Flight / Impossible Robes / Greater Reward / Mastery 3
>Death – Slaanesh Daemon Prince - [330]
DoS / Daemonic Flight / Warp Armor / Greater Reward / Mastery 3 / Soulstealer

>GW makes a quality product.
Fucking kek. Are we even looking at the same models? GW minis look like ass, especially Sisters.

Thanks, I'll see if he wants more CSM or if he wants to get started on Daemons. That Starter kit does look pretty good.
After I manage to paint all this shit, what should my next move be? Skyraven? Drop pod? I should probably wait until I actually play a game first... but I still wanna know

I'm not as familiar with loyalists, but vehicles would likely be a good addition. You've alredy got a decent variety of units. I'd say consider some heavy support options like devastators or tanks to help provide long range firepower.

fucking grav is expensive.

Granted 70 points is bubble wrap for your dev squads, but 140 points is no joke.

what the fuck happened to her face?
She looks like my friends mom.

>GW minis look like ass
>just look at this decades old model!
You retards whining that your dead faction doesn't get support are hilarious. I can't wait for the gnashing of teeth when GW finally officially drops Sisters.
DP's can't roll on Divination. Tzeentch is pretty good for magical dakka, Nurgle is pretty good for general support. Other than going Malific to summon buddies, I'd just have as many as possible roll on Biomancy. Iron Arm is just that good.

>why is this absurdly OP gun that's good at killing everything so expensive?!?

>hey bob what are we doing today?
>oh you know the usual, listening to Iron Maiden and Judas Priest to get ideas for 40k.
>cool cool, anything in particular you wanna sculpt today? the dartboard is filled up and we're almost out of ideas.
>what are you saying? it might be time to sculpt some new sisters?
>eh, maybe. but i'm not feeling, they're not cool. we'd need to revamp the range, redo their special tank and give them some brand new units
>true true, wanna build another space marine?
>fuck yes

the SoB are good for their age.
These are nearly 15 year old sculpts at this point, its not really fair comparing them too new stuff.

not this shit again...

>just look at this decades old model!
I used an SoB model because we were talking about SoBs. GW minis are pretty much blocky and misshapen across the board, though. FW is significantly better.

>Space Mace ™

Can't link directly to the sauce, because there isn't one. Can't link to the Russian knock-off facebook, because Veeky Forums anti spam.
Here's a thread on dakka about it.
dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/691960.page

Anyway, an individual on the facebooks has implied that these fake Russian sisters would be an obstacle to GW making their own plastic sisters. Theey implied that "Grishnak" could sue GW for infringement if GW launched their own line, because GW has neglected their IP so long that they no longer hold dominance of Sisters of Battle. That sounds.... incorrect. But perhaps I'm missing something.

Yeah, I like it. She looks like an actual nerd. Seems almost realistic.

I didn't say the cost was unwarranted.

I'm going with Blood Angels (models on the right are Dark Angels from Dark Vengeance that I plan to convert) and they seem to be all about close combat. This is one of their tanks. Do you think range is still a good idea for balance?

Sounds retarded as shit considering GW has minis for SoB, sounds just as stupid as people claiming FW is a subsidiary of GW. God damn retards.

No, its true.

If you don't use your IP, you lose it.

I heard about this small business owner who had a prior copyright claim, (or was it trademark?) naming his business after his own name. A big franchise sued him over the use of his name and he lost in court.

Use it or lose it.

basically the argument was that he hadn't put his name into production and they had, so even though he filed the prior claim they won the lawsuit.

GW is a big company, though, with lots of lawyers.

Nope. If GW doesn't sue them for a year or two it would open the door for other manufacturers to sell SoB minis, and potentially other 40k minis. No one would be able to sue GW though, since they have decades worth of prior art.

I'm trying to explain to you that in trademark law in America, that doesn't matter. You have to put your trademark into production.

If it goes to court, they are probably going to look at gross sales.

I don't think FW is a subsidiary, i think its a division of the same company. there is no reason they would want to incorporate as a subsidiary because then they would have to pay more taxes.

It does. There's a reason you can't trademark the word "and", or patent the wheel, or claim a black on black color scheme as trade dress. GW would be ceding their right to sue others for the same thing in the future, but you can't make a product similar to one that's been in production for 20+ years and then sue the original creator.

By that logic Frank Herbert would have prior claim because the Sisters of Battle are loosely based off of the Bene Jesuit.

They might even have a better claim to it because Frank Herberts son is still writing books for the Dune series.

new GW minis are good. GW is generally good quality for their age. They just keep a good number of sculpts in production for 10 or 20 years and they're starting tok show their age.

If you neglect your IP you are not putting your TM into production. If you haven't sold a model for several years, and somebody else is turning them out like gangbusters, you can't hold onto your TM like a miser.

oh right, i missed the jist of your post.

sorry.

You are correct.

Exactly. If GW tried to sue the Herbert estate for IP infringement for Navigators and Bene Gesserit, they'd be laughed out of court, because of 60 years of prior art.

So yeah, basically if Grishnek sued GW, they wouldn't have a case, but if GW sued Grishnek, there is a chance they might lose.

Not to mention that international law, especially copyright and trademark infringement, is notorious difficult and filled with red tape.

Yes. The longer they go without suing, the more likely they are to lose. It makes sense because otherwise they could let Grishnak do their thing for 10 or 15 years, and then sue them when they're the size of GW and make tens or even hundreds of millions of dollars

If I brought no other anti-air, would two scout squad flakk missile launchers do the job and be worth the points against one or maybe two fliers?

how many points?

Flakk is kinda crap

Just take a Stormraven. It's a well rounded flyer that can handle AA and make itself useful against ground targets as well.

I don't have a problem with GW quality; I never did.

They sell an excellent product and have some truly inspired designs.

In fact, you might say the reason I hate them so much is because they have a strangle hold on something I really, really enjoy.

Its like if North Korea controlled the worlds supply of beer.

you'd need at least 4-6 ML's with flakk to take out one or two fliers, and they'd have to sit mostly parked out on a objective marker or hiding inside some cover to be effective.

If you're taking the scouts just to provide some anti air your ought to get a hunter or stalker instead, they are about the same point cost.

They would be sniper + objective holders too. The missiles would be secondary.

I ask because my local meta does not seem too flyer-heavy outside of one dude's Sunshark, some Deldar stuff and FMCs.

>truly inspired designs

>yo dawg

>some

was the operative word there

You're better off taking something that isn't AA but can handle the role in a pinch. That includes other flyers, anything with a high fire rate and preferably Twin Linked (Land Raider Prometheus with Psybolt ammo or double Gatling Knight), and anything that can immobilize (grav).

assault cannon razor backs aren't too bad, anything twinlinked is good too look for.

I was planning on having a bunch of grav-toting Command Squads in las-plas-backs so that might work out, actually.

yeah, but what are you going to field for 70-80 points?

Is there such thing as a Librarian on a bike? Would that make him a byker?

(groan)

to the warp with ye

maybe if you got a half dozen of em

You're thinking of this backwards. You don't want 70 points of AA. You want 200 points of assrape you can point towards if necessary. Everything should have a purpose, but nothing should ever have just one purpose.

if you're usually pnly facing 1 flyer 2 assault razor backs is enough to be useful.

A quick rules clarification with Knight Commander Pask. He grants his unit preferred enemy, can reroll all penetration rolls, and can reroll to-hits with the Vanquisher.

Non of that stacks, right? I can't roll to hit, get a one, reroll for preferred enemy, reroll for crack shot, reroll again for another preferred enemy on a one, reroll a one to pin for preffered enemy, reroll to penetrate for crack shot, and then reroll to penetrate again if I roll ones again...right?

I mean, that seems absurd saying it out loud and I'm pretty sure it's wrong. I'm pretty sure you only get one reroll of to-hit and to-pen per attack, but there's nothing in the rules that says one way or the other.

I can only speak for Blood Angels since I don't play Dark Angels (though I will say a Rhino is rarely a waste of money for any Space Marine player).

If I were you, I'd get a squad of Assault Marines/Death Company/Sanguinary Guard, two Drop Pod, and/or a Vindicator for the Blood Angels side.

Blood Angel Assault Marines can take 2 Melta guns in a 5 men sqaud and come with free jump packs, making for a very mobile anti-vehicle/heavy infantry unit that can also take on light infantry in Assault.

Death Company can't take regular Melta guns (only melta pistols) and have to buy jump packs for 3 points a model, but get an insane number of attacks and Feel No Pain. They make huge swathes of dudes disappear in a single turn. They're a very fun and inexpensive (both in points and money) unit to play, and a unit unique to our codex.

Sanguinary Guard are your Honor Guard equivalent. Every Model has a 2+ armor save, jump packs, Master-Crafted (bur Two-Handed) Power Swords/Axes, and AP4 Storm Bolters (albeit with pistol range). They can buy power fists for only 10 points and can buy a banner that makes them even more choppy. Very good unit for their price (again, both in points and money), though the models themselves can be finicky to assemble.

Drop Pods are a Blood Angel standby, letting you get your Dreadnoughts Squads exactly where they need to be as fast as possible for a relatively cheap point cost..

A Vindicator will give you a Strength 10 Large Blast with a 24 inch range. Blood Angel Vindicators can also be made into Fast Vehicles for almost nothing, allowing you to move 12" and shoot up to 24", creating one of the scariest vehicles in the game when you take into account it only costs 130 points.

>You retards whining that your dead faction doesn't get support are hilarious. I can't wait for the gnashing of teeth when GW finally officially drops Sisters

What has life done to you that you look forward to seeing fellow anons' disappointment? Why so angry and mean spirited

You can reroll to hit once, reroll to pen once, etc. You can't reroll a reroll.

Correct, each roll only gets one reroll max.

Page 11 on BRB, general principles. No single dice can be re-rolled more than once. You re-roll once so you use your best option.

How low can an invuln save go through the use of upgrades and stuff? Is there a lower cap, or can you make it go all the way down to 2++?

you can only get one reroll per turn regardless of where its from.

I learned that about the salamanders flamercraft and it made me sad that I couldn't have double TL flamers.

Then we'll get better models and use them with better rules. It will be a good day when I first glue a gravgun to my Retributors.

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You for the page reference, and Thank You. I knew the stacking rerolls made no sense, but we all know Warhammer's rules have a tendency to dogpile on themselves and I feel its good to make sure.

Am i the only one who thinks chapter caps are stupid?

whats the point of limiting your forces to 1000 per chapter when you've got chaos marines who can make an unlimited number of themselves?

How do chaos space marines make more marines, anyway? If they couldn't make more they'd have all died out when they lost their geneseed...

All saves cap at 2+. Read the BRB.

>you've got chaos marines who can make an unlimited number of themselves?
What?
>How do chaos space marines make more marines, anyway?
They don't, they convert more loyalists.

black templars pls go back to sleep

>whats the point of limiting your forces to 1000 per chapter when you've got chaos marines who can make an unlimited number of themselves?
Space Marines can just bring additional chapters if they're facing more than a thousand Chaos Space Marines.

>How do chaos space marines make more marines, anyway? If they couldn't make more they'd have all died out when they lost their geneseed...
Outside of a few experiments, there has been (to my knowledge) no way of "making" new chaos space marines. But you can always convert existing space marines, and that's sort of the point of chaos.

thats stupid, they would have all died from attrition by now.

The chapter limit exists so that if a chapter goes renegade, you're only losing 1000 marines instead of an entire legion or whatever.

If you need more marines, you just make more chapters, which is how you can help match numbers.

Chaos Marines do have Hereteks and people who can extract and implant geneseed. They tend to have more edgy recruitment methods, and a few really heretical methods for making new marines, but Chaos isn't relying on loyalists falling for their numbers, despite the fact that some people don't understand the idea that Chaos has less restrictions, not more.

>Pic filename
Black Templars become ice cream? What?

but thats even dumber. then you basically have to create a new chapter everytime you want more marines.