Powergamers gonna powergame!

Tongue in cheek edition.

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader com / 5wm4h
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime
List building at
forwardkommander.com
schlaf.github.io/whac_online/whac.html
Latest Errata
privateerpress.com/files/WM MKII Rules Errata Jan 2016.pdf
Steamroller Rules
privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments
The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums
Table of contents for all NQ issues
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues
Abridged Lore
gargantuans abridged:pastebin.com/XPKMKYUc
Exigence abridged: pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv
devastation abridged: pastebin.com/KxkzfnXj
Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
What factions do you play, not just own but actually play?
strawpoll.me/10138678

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/0LEvy
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

dead thread?

Dead game

Mk3 confirmed dead on arrival.

Email to retailers.

Dear store owners, managers and staff,
As you have very likely learned, the June releases featuring the new editions of Warmachine and Hordes are now sold out at the manufacturer level. We received an overwhelming request for Launch Kits (PIP 21111, 21112, 21113) from our distributors, which we sold out of very quickly. In an attempt to meet the great demand for the new editions, we created two new Launch Kits (PIP 21114 and 21115) that were similar to the previous Launch Kits but contained less free items as those items were manufactured in limited supply. Even though we created almost twice as many new kits as our initial Launch Kit offerings, we again sold out of the new kits and had to allocate order quantities for each of our distributors in all territories. Despite our expectation that this production order would last us through the end of the year, adding the additional Launch Kits required most of our remaining product stock and as a result we are also sold out of each individual new edition item and all of our distributors received less product than they initially ordered. The only stock we have reserved is what we require for our upcoming Lock & Load Gamefest (where supplies will be limited) and our recruitment efforts over this summer’s conventions.

>>continued

>>cont.

We had no expectation that we could be sold out before launch and in fact believed we had ordered enough inventory to keep us supplied for several months. After all, our hopes are to grow the audience for WARMACHINE and HORDES with the new editions, and that requires that we have the product to introduce new players to the game. It’s thrilling that demand has exceeded our wildest expectations but we do know that supply shortages are a problem when you have customers who want the product, and we must apologize for this very unforeseen inconvenience. We are working hard with our vendors to expedite restock orders and are hoping to have card decks back in stock in July, books back in stock in August, and Battleboxes following as quickly as possible after that.
Launching a new product, even a new edition of one that has a successful history behind it, is always a nail biting experience for a publisher because of the unpredictable reception the product may receive. With three years of development and countless hours in new sculpting, artwork, design and writing, we have made a massive investment in the new editions of WARMACHINE and HORDES, and in the future of Privateer Press. If we have proven one thing so far, it is that the community and awaiting audience for these games is thriving and excited and demand is greater than ever. We humbly ask for your patience while we overcome our current product shortage and please know that nothing will make us happier than to get these new editions into the hands of everyone who wants them. We hope that based on the response to our announcements and the clear demand that exists, that you can be confident that WARMACHINE and HORDES will be a significant and profitable component of your business for many years to come.
We shall endeavor to meet your every need as quickly as we possibly can and we thank you for your support.

Sincerely,
Sherry Yeary
President
Privateer Press, Inc
[email protected]

welp

I wanted to start playing a wargame and I was leaning towards this but I guess I'll just play 40K or AoS instead.

Well, guess I'm buying it all at L&L

Launch kits bought en mass for resale for a profit on ebay and shit

It seems like the only people that will get Mk3 stuff are people that buy it at LnL.

Ironic that they're throwing small stores under the bus after the free-rider policy was supposedly to help small stores.

So what should have been the best time to get into the game is now the worst? Sounds like I wouldn't even be able to get anything until months after the release.

I can see them placing limits per store and that's why meeple is freaking out, the small stores will still get the 20 boxes they ordered but big online meeple will not be able to fulfill the hundreds of preorders they took

It seems like it, though it might be a false alarm.

After they had massive shortage issues with Mk2 release you think they would have learned.

Yeah, I've talked to several smaller stores and they've all got their Mk3 shit lined up, this sounds like it's only going to affect megastores.

What's the word on Devil's Shadow Mutineers in Mk3? They still gonna be worth it in Mercs?

How is that possible? PP can't control distribution, it's up to distributors.

They're sea dogs and will work for cryx.

I was thinking how most of the people in the Iron Kingdoms are dicks, and none of the factions are actually "good".
It made me think, who is the nicest and kindest person in the Iron kingdoms?

Thats what I'm doing

>Dead on arrival
>Sold their entire stock out

Pick one retard

Anyone else tempted to make pairings in the remaining MK II tournaments with Casters they do not usually play, but probably will not use once MK III releases? I am gong to LnL, and my usual list pairing is Ossyan/eVyros. With the leaked cards, Ravyn is simply never hitting the table, which is of no consequence because I find her a massive bore on the table. However, this will be my last chance to snipe-feat-go with mt MHSF before MK III. Anyone else thinking of hampering their competitiveness in lieu of last shots with MK II jank?

Cyngar's king, Leto

He can't imagine someone would betray him because they worship the same(good) god, is upset about destroying a bridge because it's a hisotical relic, and makes a big deal out of holing up in one of his cities before a battle starts because the civilians might get affected by the fighting.

Most of Morrow's clergy are good aligned as well.

So what point values do we expect a journeyman league to work at? Since we have all the cards spoiled me and some mates wanted to do a mk 2.5 journeyman league

Week 1: 0
Week 2: 10
Week 3: 25
Week 4: 50
Week 5: 65
Week 6: 75

There's other unspecified changes. Each week allows certain new additions, with week 4 being battle engines being the only one specified.

So I don't have a ton of mercenary models. I've got a 35 point Shae theme list, and enough Rhulic stuff to have a battlegroup, a forge guard, and some solos. And I've got the various solos that were supporting my khador.

So looking at a mk3 mercenary list I can field, I have combined the two. A pirate band and a rhulic warcaster met somewhere in the middle of western immoren and decided to have a party.

Gorten Grundback +31
Gunner 6
Gunner 6
Blaster 6
Blaster 6
Driller 10

Dirty Meg 3
Nomad 11

Forge Guard 16

Press Gangers 12

Aiyana & Holt 8

Doc Killingsworth 4

First Mate Hawk 4

Ragman 4

Eiryss2 6

Saxon Orrik 4

Some substitutions I could make:

Replacing one of the solos with Sylys to help Gorten with his upkeeps (I don't think I have enough pirates to really make Doc that important, but 4+ tough press gangers with solid ground is a combo I've used in mk2 before)
Replacing Meg with Thor and a Basher, the 1 point I save from that can make a solo into Kell Bailoch, Gudrun, or Orin Midwinter
Replacing blasters with gunners, I have 4 gunners and 2 blasters
Ragman vs Gorman?

Any thoughts on that? Sylys seems real nice, but focus isn't actually that important because of power-up. He can fully load the driller and run the bunnies at full potential, while upkeeping everything.

thanks!

Sorry to be this guy, but does anyone have a link to the cygnar cards? I can't find them anymore with my link

i'm so fucking glad i pre-ordered and will get 3 of the cryx battleboxes and 1 skorne box.

i'm keeping the goddamn inflictors from the cryx boxes and fucking ebaying off 2 of the casters. with this announcement i think i'll start the bidding at $80 each

imgur.com/a/0LEvy

Works on my machine.

by chance were the cryx battlebox cards spoiled? i need the inflictor card

Inflictor isn't in the battle box, so

well fuck

Has anyone come up with any Amon builds for 3e yet?

They sold out of stock because they're retarded and didn't make enough.

This will lead to a stretch of few months where some will have mk3 stuff, while most won't. Thus creating a schism of players (and the ones that couldn't get the preorders will be pissed). By the time the 2nd wave of card decks / rule books hits the hype will have died and people would have already said "fuck it" and moved on.

This is how games die.

Or I'm just gonna buy my cards in War Room.

Yeah as much as I despise Warroom it's probably the least sucky option for now. That is, until WHAC updates.

this is exactly what happened with mk2, stock shortages. mk2 did fine

Here's hoping they've been doing something to make the shit better.

I will give them credit, the last big update on War Room made it far, far more worthwhile.

They said they wanted to have a real update to make the app better when MK3 launches.

So after some discussion on the khador forum, I've come here to talk to you about kossites.

Kossites are good in mk3. They are the best in-faction speedbump that khador has.

Compare them to the same priced WGI. Kossites have AD and Pathfinder which let them set up in the place they want to be in well in advance. Range 10 on their guns instead of 8, combined with Prowl, means they can aim and plink at things.

At arm 11, Iron Flesh benefits them *far* more than WGI. WGI at arm 15 with iron flesh isn't surviving pow 10 shots that much better than arm 13 kossites are. Well, that's not entirely true, rolling a 5 and under is a lot more likely than a 3 and under, but anything that needs less than a 6 to kill is still pretty bad. But WGI are already fairly resistant to pow 6 blasts with arm 13, which kossites are slaughtered by. Prowl + blast immune + def 13 puts them in a surprisingly good spot. They can hang out in a place where they need to be removed (especially if Yuri is on the field letting them shoot out of forests and be def 15 vs melee inside of them), with likely a much higher expenditure of forces than what they cost.

In comparison, winter guard infantry are now 100% about their gun. They don't jam worth a shit at def 12. Grapeshot is now pow 12 instead of 10, but even shorter ranged. Reposition doesn't work when you're running them upfield, so the UA is pretty optional now. Winter guard is now all about delivering those pow 12 guns with CRA into a place they can do damage. Take them with Irusk 2 who makes them tough and steady so they can get close, or Sorscha2 that lets them take 14 inch runs with iron flesh and her feat puts their damage output to "one-rounding a heavy with infantry guns" level. 5 14-point CRAs is doing 30 damage to arm 18 under her feat, and any spike is twice as effective. Clearly, Joe is beneficial to them, but I think that in general he's going to be more useful taken with a load of WGRC+ rockets to boost their rolls. If your caster can't deliver them (which is most casters but Irusk2 and Sorscha2), you shouldn't use them. Iron Flesh for most is generally going to be better on Pikemen and Manowar. Or hell, maybe kommandos, I don't know. But not really that great for regular winter guard. Obviously the blast immunity is nice, but it's even nicer on kossites, and just as nice on the WGRC that doesn't need any special tech beyond "front towards enemy" to deliver.

And then we have the third 11 point option to compare them to, Steelheads. Steelheads lack the FF support Khador has, as well as the pathfinder, AD, and stealth of kossites. But they do have two things very important to jamming: Reach, and Set Defense. CMA means they'll be able to clear themselves quite well after surviving a charge from other infantry, which neither kossites nor WGI can do (unless using the WGI UA so you get the gunfighter spray minifeat). But they don't have guns, and we can't make them blast immune. Can make them +2 arm and tough with their solo, however. Or give them Valachev, for FF and Zephyr.

Don't forget how much more anti tough there is so even tough, steady winterguard are going to suffer far worse than before

DESU I feel like neither really wants to jam. Kossites want to skirmish from an advantageous position and winterguard want to slog up the field and get some juicy CRAs off.
arm 15 is >25% chance of surviving an electro leap.
If they jam some infantry unit that shouldn't be in melee, pow 7-8 weapons will have a hard time breaking armor.
Combine in tough with joe and it really isn't that bad, especially with how hard they hit.
You are really underestimating just how innacurate kossites are and how, when combined with their low pow, it really limits the kinds of enemies they really want to fight.

Plus you could always give them concealment with Sorscha 1 or even greylords(although this later option probably isn't cost effective) to make them even more survivable

Concealment with sorscha 1 on winter guard means def 14.

Concealment with sorscha 1 on kossites means stealth when they're out in the open.

And yes, kossites are less accurate, but pathfinder + ad + longer ranged means they have opportunities to aim that WGI wouldn't have.

WGI clearly have kossites beat offensively, but kossites are a far better unit to have jamming up a zone or something.

Anyone have the link to NoQ66?

aw yiss

It's hilarious how much anti tough made it is.

It's almost like they just wanted to remove it from the game.

God, I would love a short story about a Convergence Forge Master telling a Retribution Mechanik all the reasons why their shit sucks.

I feel like
>templar
>dervish
>vigilant
>devout
will be a strong list core for him.
Templar w/ fortify is already fantastic, and you won't even need to worry about tristan getting sniped out. Not to mention the shieldguard is nice. The other obvious choice for fortify is the indictor, and I believe the indictor would be a better choice if you are worried about spells.
Vigilant not only brings 2 melee initials and high arm to be an unkillable shit, but it also brings blast immunity and can stand in the way and give amon cover. Def 20 amon is bretty nice. Might even want to bring some extra vigilants.
Dervishes will always be solid with amon.
Devout might not be necissary, but I think its a lot better now. Mat7 defensive strikes are way better than mat 6. It provides Amon with some extra protection and is somewhat respectable lategame.

Amon will probably want some infanty, although its hard to say exactly what. I'd personally go with Idrians because muh fluff, but zealots also look good.

Choir is an obvious choice, and you will probably want a second unit. Should definitely take 2 vassals to take advantage of field marshall: parry.

Focus support goes a long way for amon but I don't feel its strictly necessary. Corbeau might be nice to keep infantry off Amon's back, so even if you have the points a hierophant might not be a no brainer.

Well at least Erebus, the only character jack I own, is bananas now. Why cant all slayers have his statline? Is that so much to ask for?

I wish they would random (d3,d6) feats from the game and make it a static number. Nothing like planing for an outcome for the whole game and then getting shit on by dice (In a way that should not happen, I know this is a dice game and is subject to chance)

They've got to have variables somewhere.

The game would be boring with nothing but static numbers.

>clockfags trying to rub their "superior builds" in anyone's face
I suppose if I had a camped leyline's worth of magical energy dumped into reinforcement of my fragile as shit clockwork shell of a body that doubles as a vessel for the divine will of an autistic goddess, I'd probably get delusions of grandeur too.

>reinforcement of my fragile as shit clockwork shell of a body

How can they be fragile while the Heavy Infantry had 8 boxes and Mother, a ranged support caster, comes with 18 boxes?

They're durable as all fuck.

i'm glad all of my factions feats aren't random. i hate that shit

2d6 is fine for your normal attack rolls and shit you're doing dozens of per game.

d3+x or d6+x isn't good for a feat.

Vlad2's feat works just fine.

Gaspy's feat is a little overdone, but will be fine.

Sevvy2's new feat looks a lot better.

Except people own all the actual models and the rules are the easiest things to disseminate to the player base

Vlad2's feat works fine because of context though. It's like. You're getting at least 4 dudes to become captain america, and the pair of drakhuns in your list are definitely two of them. Whatever solos you pick for the other two, be it manhunters, or some kovniks, or maybe a shocktrooper UA or demo corps grunt or uhlan grunt, is going to also wreck faces.

His feat would still be fine with me if it was just straight up 4 models. The possibility for 2 more is just icing on it.

Except you can't grow the playerbase if you don't have battle boxes.

If you lose the hype train of the new edition because boxes aren't out until like september, all the new people that might've bought in aren't going to. And it also shuts down journeyman leagues, because league rules require BB casters which are only in the BBs, which are out of stock. And the journeyman league is *the* tool for growth.

Guys, guys, should i pick up 2-player box for Hordes? I wanna start the game with circle and legion and bought 2 Scytheans and Typhon already aswell as shepherd.
Thought i am uncertain whether i actually want to have 4 (!) shredders with them being nerfed. Yes, i know they are sort of gang fighters against anything already engaged by your other stuff, but i could have taken something more usefull for their price. And their variants are sorta sucky-sucky aswell.
So the question is: should i pick 2-players box if i decide to play legion and circle. Oh and is Proteus powerfull? I like her alot.

Thinking of something like this:

Major Beth Maddox (+30 pts)
-Firefly (8 pts)
-Firefly (8 pts)
-Stormclad (18 pts)
~Sylys Wyshnalyrr (4 pts)
Storm Lances (Full, 20 pts)
Stormblade Infantry (10 pts)
~Officer & Standard Bearer (5 pts)
~Storm Gunner x3 (6 pts)
Trencher Infantry (Full, 16 pts)
~Trencher Grenadier x3 (6 pts)
Arlan Strangewayes (4 pts)

But I dunno if I should fit in another Stormclad.

Yes.

See, if gaspy's was d3+6 that would be different because you can plan around getting 7and 9. What the fuck are you supposed to do with between 4 and 9?

you'll probably get the 2 player box for close to the price of buying just the warspears and the skinwalkers so it's a good value, but you most likely won't use some shredders and the winter argus. you'll have to pick up card decks if you want to play mk3, and I would highly recommend magnetizing your heavies

Since the plan was usually "Kill stuff", I assume you kill stuff with it.

Well i got a game in today of mk3 to see why everyone is selling their cryx..

BUY CRYX DIRT CHEAP NOW!!! PLEASE OMG IT'S LIKE A FUCKING BLOW OUT SALE.

i'm so goddamn happy i can basically pick up everything in the faction for 1/10th the price because the crybabies can't figure out how to win by accident.

pic related..

Well he freezes things around him, and i sort of like the model so winter argus is a good pick in my opinion. Moreover, i would like to change argus with winter argus model because of no stupid dog-helmet thing.
Oh and magnetizing is a difficult thing because i do not have other heads/hands for my Scytheans. Bought them off hands for like 1/5 of the price so...
At least harriers are usefull right now, right?
Or stingers maybe?

On one hand, it's a cool story.

On the other, I'd like to see more stuff from people that are not Retribution fanatics.

But I suppose that's the issue when you make the elven faction the local terrorist group, not the country as a whole.

What'd you run?

Why? Last I checked the Iosans were pretty god damn good at magical tech.

Yeah, humans invented cortexes but the Iosan refinements are not to be scoffed for that.

Litch lord venethrax
slayer
slayer
slayer
slayer
harrower
deathjack
deathripper
2x warwithch siren

i am going to drop deathjack for:
satyxis raiders +ua and the solo. same points cost swap

i think slayer spam will be good and having at least 1 arc will help with spell assasination

i need more bodies but i'm going to aim for 3-4 heavy jacks 1 or 2 lights. i might go for 2 units of witches.

I really hope jack spam isnt a thing 5 months from now.

Because the Convergence's shit is more advanced than what Ios puts out.

I think shit like FA:U Weaponmasters in Khador will stop that from becoming too much of a thing.

Troops are still relevant but with cryx and the big hit to recursion not being able to put active models in the field. (NOT HAVING TO NOT GIVE UP COMBAT ACTION)

i think mechanothralls are basically going to be sac pawn bitches for terminus from now on.

bane hralls will only be good with casters that can give them occultation

bane knights.. lol yea no thanks

satyx raiders and blood witches are probably some of the best infantry available.

i need to look at pirates and merc units. i think nyss are too expensive.

The Convergence has black hole guns and force fields?

Different is more accurate than 'More advanced'. A lot of factions have a lot of claim to be more advanced. Cygnar has incredible control over Electricity, Khador has the most advanced firearms, Ios has incredible power over Kinetic Energy.

Define 'Spam' a bit? As the new edition is looking to make seeing 3-4 warjacks on the other side common, rather than a very rare occurrence.

Banes?

>The Convergence has black hole guns and force fields?

Convergence direct their field energy generators towards more practical purposes than pointless forcefields, like being able to levitate a fucking Colossal on it's own internal power system.

Iosan jacks, using the same concepts in terms of power systems as Convergence jacks do, also have absolutely terrible combat times.

As for guns, I'd point out that Mother has a gun very nearly as powerful as the gun on that Colossal(POW15 vs 18, AOE4 vs AOE5), though it lacks the consuming effect. Of course, she's also nothing more than a large humanoid, rather than a 66 ton warjack, so they have to cut back a little.

And Cyngar learned about all it's lightning shit from Convergence, so they can't really claim dominion over it.

In fact, the one off Thunderhead, considered a miracle of science by Cyngarians?

Every Convergence Vector uses a more advanced version of the concept.

Vyros 1 [+28]
+Imperatus 22
+Phoenix 18
+Aspis 6
+Sylys 4

Dawnguard Sentinels [10] 18
+Officer & Standard 4
Dawnguard Sentinel Scyir 4
+Griffon 8
Houseguard Halberdiers [6] 8

Mage Hunter Assassin 4
Arcanist 2
Arcanist 2
Lanyssa Ryssyll 3
Total: 75/75

Rate my shitty newb list brainstorming.
Imperatus + Phoenix might be too many points locked up in two models given that the Flank feat feels like it wants another combat jack or two, so maybe I should drop the Scyir for another MHA and get the Grif back on Vyros

>And Cyngar learned about all it's lightning shit from Convergence, so they can't really claim dominion over it.

Last I checked, the creator of all that tech turned down joining the Covergence. That's why he's just a Cygnaran warcaster.

>Iosan jacks, using the same concepts in terms of power systems as Convergence jacks do, also have absolutely terrible combat times.

So do convergence jacks. Heck, convergence GEAR does too.

They get a few hours marching then you need a recharge.

It's covered in the No Quarter that introduced Convergence Warcasters. Functionally infinite power near a Convergence base, a few hours outside it.

>Convergence direct their field energy generators towards more practical purposes than pointless forcefields,

>Forcefields
>Pointless

Nemo didn't create the Thunderhead shit himself, he aped it from Convergence designs.

>So do convergence jacks. Heck, convergence GEAR does too.

No they don't. Powered by their fields, their combat times are unlimited.

Outside of the fields, even the energy heavy floating jacks boast the same to slightly better combat times over Iosan jacks.

The best heavy combat time the Iosan heavy boasts is the Hydra, at 3 hours. A few of their heavies hit 2.5, but most are 2 hours or less. The Hyperion and it's sister boast 1.5 hour combat times, in fact.

While the Convergence heavies are fairly resource heavy(given they're powering anti-gravity generators, this is to be expected), only the Modulator boasts a flat out terrible time, at 1.75 hours. The other two sit at 2 and 2.35.

The quad jacks, however, boast 4 hours or higher combat times, with the Prime Axiom boasting a 4.25 hour operational time.

And again, that's away from their power reserves. So even when they build around the idea of limitless power, they still have better batteries than Iosan jacks, which are designed to run without an active power source pretty much all the time.

Ios uses the force fields under the idea that they want more mobile strike platforms than most races, but the issue with that is they can clearly armor them. Instead of spending so much energy towards the fields, they could do a lot more improving motive or weapon systems. Or just provide their jacks with combat times that are better. Not all their fights are going to be hit and runs.

Reminder that sticking a random Cyclops Brute out in front of your infantry will likely win you the infantry fight since they can't run past it and they probably can't kill it, since it's a 15/18 when charged, and you can force it to make hits be re-rolled anyway. Your MAT7 dude needs an 8, so on average re-rolls won't hit,

RIP both Aradus beasts though.

Also, if we're going to brag, it's worth noting that Convergence casters are likely some of the best fighters around.

A lot of people take their low MAT and RAT scores to indicate that they're actually bad fighters, but that's because they misunderstand the concept of how Vectors work. Remember that Vectors have no capability for independent thought like other warjacks do, they can't operate at all without a controlling warcaster.

This also means that when a Vector is fighting, it's being directly controlled by the caster, not simply monitored and briefly controlled like how Warcasters control jacks.

This means that when Syntherion, for example, is fighting with 5 jacks, he is actively controlling every single one of them at the same time. There is no capability to simply leave the jack to it's own devices, he must make every attack, dodge every enemy attack and move it, all at the same time.

So yea, Syntherion's only a MAT6 when he's controlling his entire battlegroup.

But lets see any other faction's warcaster totally fight six battles at the exact same time while casting spells and directing troops and see how they do.

>So yea, Syntherion's only a MAT6 when he's controlling his entire battlegroup.

He's also MAT6 when his entire battlegroup is dead.

This works just the same in the RPG where there is plenty of room for including different rules for divided effort.

Other warcasters don't need to do that because they actually use Cortex technology and thus get to have warjacks have any independent ability to act.

It allows those factions to function worth a damn in areas where no warcaster can be brought to bear and to use forces in excess of a single warcaster's ability to control.

God dammit user, I just realized you're the same guy that's been asking about the 2 player box for months now, aren't you? And I tell you the same damn thing every damn time, just get it already.

> winter argus is a good pick in my opinion

not really, you're better off with another argus than a winter one

>Oh and magnetizing is a difficult thing
because i do not have other heads/hands for my Scytheans.

if magnetized all you need is to pick up one plastic kit in the future and you'll have variety

>At least harriers are usefull right now, right? Or stingers maybe?

harriers probably with absylonia, stingers no

Game mechanics explain that.

And Convergence can lay claim to the invention of the cortex, they don't use it for religious reasons. And in many ways, the Induction node is far superior: See Induction.

Beyond that, Convergence rarely needs to operate like that, but even when they do, their infantry more than suffice. They're not any more skilled than most other troops, sure, but they require no food, sleep or rest. They can fight forever, and without fear. Indeed, supported by mechanics to repair them and Foundries to bring them back, they could operate far beyond what any other force could possibly hope to match.

However, Convergence stuff is limited in even non-combat times. Just marching about the world consumes power they can't replace without a temple.

Retribution Arcane Condensers allow for indefinite non-combat usage while recharging the batteries used for combat time.

The Arcane Condenser has distinct advantages over the Convergence method.

As for boasting: Iosan metalwork is better than Convergence.

They are expressly said in their book to be second only to Rhul in that area.

>Game mechanics explain that.

Aka: I have no actual basis for this other than my own assumptions?

As the RPG has a lot of rules for things that don't turn up on the TT like needing to reload a rifle. Yet it had not a single rule for losing RAT/MAT on Convergence warcasters based on number of bots controlled.

I don't even like the Retribution but you are really blowing the 'Convergence is the best at all tech' horn hard when every single faction has areas it can claim superiority in, even in tech. After all, the Convergence wasn't the guys who invented cooling systems for firearms. That was Khador for it's latest Collosal.

>However, Convergence stuff is limited in even non-combat times. Just marching about the world consumes power they can't replace without a temple.

Sure, but those times are still pretty massive, given their combat times. And they don't build their jacks around the concept of being autonomous.

Myrmidons design also absolutely relies on their Field Generators for many of their systems, losing it cripples them heavily.
Hopefully we get to see that mechanic actually come up in Mk3, instead of rocket tag with jacks

Convergence boasts quite a few Rhulic dwarves among it's ranks. In fact, Rhul might actually be the Convergence's biggest enemy, even more than the Celephex. Rhul fucking hates the Convergence.

It's quite possible that Convergence did invent that, actually. Most technological developments in Cyngar and Khador can be traced back to Cyriss worshippers.

>Sure, but those times are still pretty massive, given their combat times. And they don't build their jacks around the concept of being autonomous.

As opposed to 'If a convergence jack runs out of power, it's nothing but scrap metal to be dragged'?

>Myrmidons design also absolutely relies on their Field Generators for many of their systems, losing it cripples them heavily.

So does losing the Induction Node for Convergence bots.

>It's quite possible that Convergence did invent that, actually. Most technological developments in Cyngar and Khador can be traced back to Cyriss worshippers.

That's not really something you have evidence for though. You can't claim 'Yeah, we made that' unless it actually says you made it.

>That's not really something you have evidence for though. You can't claim 'Yeah, we made that' unless it actually says you made it.

Of course nothing specific, it doesn't really talk about it much.

However, the Victor's mortar bears a shit load of similarities to the Cipher's servipod mortar.

>Myrmidons design also absolutely relies on their Field Generators for many of their systems, losing it cripples them heavily.

You know there is a heap of Myrmidon designs without field generators, right? An entire house's worth.

>However, the Victor's mortar bears a shit load of similarities to the Cipher's servipod mortar.

That's because they are both autoloading mortars. I actually meant the Flak Cannons though, which have fluff on the creation of them so we can pretty conclusively say a Khadoran created it.

Yes, i am really uncertain and jumpy about it lol.
No more such questions, i promise.
Thanks for your answers and patience, thought.

>It's quite possible that Convergence did invent that, actually
WE WUZ
INVENTERS 'N SHIEET
Cyriss may certainly be fed divine essence by fresh mechanical inventions and engineering, but that doesn't mean all technology is suddenly the product of her followers and them alone.

Any news on the most worthless lesser warcaster out there, Initiate Tristan Durant?

That's not the Ret lesser.

Menoth loved it's lesser.