Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Devilbound Edition

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

Ultimate Equipment Errata (updated 5/19): paizo.com/products/btpy8tmc?Pathfinder-Roleplaying-Game-Ultimate-Equipment

Please search for the unerrata'd content here. Save them, and wait for Nerfonomicon user to compile them: web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1EtAfFqS8MEY1riV9MgCjHkoYY_ZWQ-rpLPQlrt1oB-E/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If you were to use Tome of Battle disciplines instead of Path of War ones with Path of War classes, which disciplines would you assign to which classes?

Marry! Drow!

I would suggest the opposite. Use Path of War Disciplines with Tome of Battle Classes.

Replace all instances of primal fury with tiger claw.

Don't lie to me /pfg/, what level do you start your campaigns?

4-6.

Why though? From what I've read over here, people mostly complain about disciplines being too strong, not the classes.

Whatever the DM tells me, I build to 20 anyway.

What is Mithril Current good, as a discipline?

Of the campaigns I have been in...

One at 1. One at 3. One at 6. And one at 10.

There are one or two disciplines that need rebalancing, both good and bad.

They're not 'too strong', it's just errata and rebalancing as time goes on. In general they're pretty good.

Is Martial Traditions the feat where non-initiators can pick up initiating?

Nice trips.

4-6 is the sweet spot for starting, I'm finding. This guy knows what's up.

No, that's Martial Training. Traditions are things which let people swap disciplines and get bonus shit for RP things that people often forget.

Threadly reminder, pic related is the best of all of us

Varies.

I've started at 1 three times, made a new character at 4, started at 6 once, and joined at 10.

Of those 6 characters:
1: Got to level 14 (finished campaign, good end)
1: Got to level 6 (campaign died)
1: Got to level 4 (died)
4: Died before he levelled
6: Got to level 17 (finished campaign, inevitable end)
10: Currently at level 12, mythic 3 (going for a good end, probably impossible)

No, that's Martial Training. Traditions are for initiators who want to swap their disciplines.

Tome of Battle disciplines are worlds better designed, with both more coherent themes and more inclusive thematics for each discipline. Add a ranged one in (either from PoW or the popular Shooting Star homebrew) and it's perfect.

Ah sweet, thanks heaps

I really need to get back to work on Orion's Belt.

I treat level 3 as the minimum level.

Alright, /pfg/, how do I Fire Warrior?

I want to bring the Greater Good to Golarion.

Shouldn't you get back to your kids?

You mean nuke it from orbit?

Do you now?

I get him tomorrow. Right now I'm in a hotel cursing whatever pitiless god invented insomnia.

Man.

Just got a bizzare thought.

The tarrasque exists as a sort of planetary defense system. If something like a meteor or doomlaser were to destroy the planet, the Tarrasque will be there and just facetank it.

What's the deal with Catfolk?

Why do they exist in Golarion?

Because there's nothing wrong with being a furry.

And they probably existed in 3.5

Go Gestalt Warder/Gunsmoke Mystic

Fuck Hawkguard.

Get an X-laser (line fire, but not slow firing), silver crane, solar wind and tempest gale.

Silver Crane Spiral lets you shoot everyone with a line attack within 200 feet.

Take snap shot, improved snap shot and then spend a full round recovering to use 'overwatch'. You should be able to get a solid 30ft of threatened ground by level 20.

Best of luck, my blueberry friend.

Thinking of playing an antipaladin in an upcoming Hell's Vengeance campaign. Any advice, tips? I know Dread Vanguard is well liked, but is it really worth the loss of spell casting? Tyrant archetype is obvious also given the campaign.

I kind of like the idea of being more CHA, and debuff/intimidate focused also. Maybe a means of taking advantage of Plague Bringer?

>believing Imperium propaganda

Yes. Seriously, I need to build a Fire Warrior in PF.

For the Greater Good.

Also for science.

Also to see if my GM ever gets the reference.

Presumably because whoever was drawing up the list of races at the time decided a cat was fine too.

What are your thoughts on a TWF discipline? 3.5 had one and it worked well, just not sure what you think of it (and possibly others in DSP if you know what they think).

Doesn't work, because the Tarrasque is the Herald of Rovagug, who is all about the destruction of everything.

You know we also have one, yes? I wanna establish this before I answer.

Evening, /pfg/
I reworded, rebalanced the Homebrew Martial Discipline I'm working on thanks to everyone's input.

Evening Gareth, if its not too much to ask, can I ask some professional opinion on this homebrew?

Of course, it still needs more polishing, but please tell me what you think:

docs.google.com/document/d/1EtAfFqS8MEY1riV9MgCjHkoYY_ZWQ-rpLPQlrt1oB-E/edit?usp=sharing

>Believing Paizo's retroactive drivle.

At least it's not 5e. He lost his regen there. He's just a big lizard now.

Neat.

So they included cats because they knew some portions of their fanbase would want to play a cat-person? Fully aware those cats are gonna get fugged?

Oh...right, my brain isn't working. I've pretty much been high all day and I haven't even smoked in months, I think I might be coming down with something.

>lost its regen

What.

All previously non-initiating classes should get Martial Training for free

Stat me. I'm guessing Bushi with Thrashing Dragon yeah?

Well duh

Even the people who don't bloody want it?

I usually argue against flippant use of PoW when statting existing characters.

Ornstein? Nah.

Artorias? Maybe if you really wanted to I guess.

Genji?

Totally.

Thrashing Dragon and Mithral Current

There's probably a counter for reflecting attacks.

I'm on a phone moving at 2G. Even if I could open the document, now would be a bad time.

Take care of yourself, user.

As for your question, I didn't agree with Dragon being made. Now it exists, though, and we can't un-exist it, so we need to fix it. It's numbers are off badly on both sides, flipping between useless and overturned, and the disc suffers from being a generic incarnation of its niche.

Sorry, Gareth. I'll try asking again next time then.

Can't argue against more options, man

Sleep tight, Gareth.

Let's be honest, /pfg/, has a cat ever been fine, too, in one of your campaigns?

Well, most likely they were fishing around for slightly less standard fantasy races to fill out a supplement, someone said cat people, and they went with it. Maybe they were said person's Magical Realm, maybe they weren't, either way, we now have cat people, life continues.

Why wouldn't Ornstein be a Path of War character?

You better roll an Android user.

>Ornstein? Nah.

Ornstein's been thoroughly statted out in previous threads, bro.

Never had a legitimate beastfolk in a campaign.

One of our members was raised by woodland tribes catfolk, but he was a wood elf.
They may have been fine too for him, but it was never discussed, we never went there.

It occurs to me we actually met one. But he was consorting with the force that wanted to end reality so in the epilogue, I probably scooped him up and took him to my actual torture dungeon.

> That image

Wat.

What the fuck is Ornstein

What the fuck is Ornstein?

Yeah, not sure what's up. Maybe I'm getting sick, maybe I'm dehydrated. Either way I'm heading to cumbies later since I can get a frozen drink for $0.49 and I'll probably get food too.

Eh, I just don't feel like PoW really fits Ornstein. It seems too... overwrought for him. Like, you could say that each and every one of his attacks is a different maneuver, but it just... seems like reaching to me.

On the other hand, something like Mageknight I can 100% get behind. Energy Focus (Lightning), and his spear being a +5 staff in addition to a spear brings blast damage up to fullcaster levels, and Mystic Combats can handily provide his movement options. Heck, there's even Mystic Might for a size-up once you off Smough.

TL;DR, PoW seems way too busy for Ornstein. In my opinion.

I disagreed with it then too.

Once. Someone in the group decided to make the STRONGEST CATFOLK. Ended up with a natural-attack-hulk-mode bloodrager with hilarious reach. My Chosen One married her at the end of the campaign.

The first knight of Gwyn and a renowned Dragonslayer from Dark Souls.

Nah, I mean martial characters should have more options overall, so they should get Martial Training for free

If it doesn't fit or isn't necessary, they could always not design with it

A guy from Dark Souls. Fights with a spear, has some pretty cool armor with a lion motif.

Pic related.

Eye for an Eye.

It's Cursed Razor, though.

I have contemplated having my kitsune sorcerer use polymorph any object on his cat sage familiar, in an attempt to make her stop acting so goddamn smug about being so much smarter than her master.

watch the claws

she sounds like a dom

I'm familiar with the maneuver, it's not exactly what I'd be looking for.

That requires you to take the damage/effect.

>Implying even magic can suppress the innate smugness of a cat

Does a winter wolf count?

Augh, see, that's the problem.

You give people an ability, then say 'well if you don't want it, don't use it', but they're still going to have it there. It'll still be on that character sheet as abilities they're directly choosing NOT to use.

Catfolk monk, party spent the entire game thinking they were an archaeologist because of one session and a series of crazy bluff rolls and sense motive failures.

Don't hide it from me, /pfg/.

Tell me about the type of ailments that would be cured by a Wand of Cure Trivial Wounds.

A winter wolf is not a cat, user, a winter wolf is an awoo.

Good choice, though.

shin splints

Boo boos, bumps and all manner of owies.

Was it cute?

a Wizard's papercut from reading his spellbook

a Rogue getting splinters from picking the lock of a crude wooden chest

a Barbarian getting gored in the chest by a Dire Mammoth

Nah. Very tsundere, though.

It was pretty gosh-darn cute.

Swimmer's ear
Tennis elbow
and if your game is anything like mine gonorrhea.

I guess turning the cat into a cute girl wouldn't exactly fix the smugness.

But can you bang the smug out through other means?

>All that awkward flirting with your familiar

That would just make them smugger.

>Fix smugness
>Bang out the smugness

I'm sorry, have you ever met a cat?

>all this talk about smug

This. Banging a smug cat only produces more smug litters of kittens.

She's already seen you naked, dude.

Worse, that mind link means she's already seen your thoughts, even the dirty ones.

She'll be the smuggest cat that's ever lived.

>smug is a dominant hereditary trait

Where is that from? And why does she look so smug? Holy shit

>Overly dramatic
>Easily intimidated
>Rats out her superiors at a moment's notice

It's like they made her as a big "fuck you" to Paladins.

>not being born smug
Wow, look at this regressive beta and laugh

Did somebody seriously make a Momiji modeled after that Shiba eating broccoli?

I'll have you know Beta is also a dominant gene.
Proof: this board

Looks like a Paladin from "Hell's Vengeance", a campaign where you spend 20 levels beating the shit out of Iomedae.

She's not a paladin. She's a LN fighter who only got into her position because mommy and daddy had money.