Hread for creating stuff for Cape Games be it characters, teams, powers, universes, or plots

hread for creating stuff for Cape Games be it characters, teams, powers, universes, or plots.

All ideas are welcomed and encouraged. None are too grim. None are too wacky. The goal is to create things that GM and players can take and put in their own games, modifying elements to suit their own tastes.

>System repository
pastebin.com/bU7vZFAN

Cape World stuff:

>Australia
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/47227809/
>The Generals
pastebin.com/4ZEeWk7F
>Statesmen
pastebin.com/qCgQBDgr
>Hollywood
pastebin.com/2Bp49SEa
>Las Vegas
pastebin.com/ysD4JsRR
>Japan
pastebin.com/wz33giaC
>Germany
pastebin.com/pVweBM4F
>Generals' Villains
pastebin.com/gms0S8Vb

Last thread: TOPIC STARTER: How does the government view superheroes in your setting? Are there agencies to assist,or hinder, your players' progress ?

I think everyone is sort of tapped out on ideas right now. This is like what, thread 18 in a row?

>
TOPIC STARTER: How does the government view superheroes in your setting? Are there agencies to assist,or hinder, your players' progress?
the illuminati hates and fears them because they're a threat to their power and because they think the superheroes they had already killed might somehow comeback as well. they paint the supers as terrorists and monsters to be killed at all costs.
(basically think if supers started showing up in mass in the Wanted universe)
however certain parts of the legit governments who were already trying to fight the illuminati have set up a terrorist group known as D.A.G.G.E.R
D.A.G.G.E.R is trying to recruit the supers into them hoping they could give them a edge against their foes, not knowing that illuminati are all legitimate supervillains with powers of their own.
not the OP but we could still talk about what systems we use, help each other with setting and characters or at the very least tell some stories about our games.

If we can keep it up then okay.

Cape world has a big five international groups set up that function as quest givers to PC teams. There's a big super spy organization where all the intelligence groups of the world come to share secrets in the spirit of cooperation and you get things like ninja girls partnering with bonds.

>ninja girls partnering with bonds.
If the superhero genre has taught me anything, you have to have fanservice.

In my setting, the government views superhumans as destabilizing and attempts to regulate them as strictly as possible. When superheroes started popping up for the first time back in the fifties, the U.S. just drafted them all for lack of a better idea and didn't stop until the seventies, but registration is still required and the largest single employer of superhumans remains the U.S. Army.

So are your players in the US Army,just registered or are they going against the system?

Not actually a game, just something I've been toying with in my head. Trying to answer the question: what would the Cold War have looked like with superpowers?

I imagine people like Superman would just replace nukes. You could probably take some inspiration from Iron Man stories since a lot of his villains were pretty much communist Iron Men.

if my admittedly little knowledge of the event is anything to go by, one long cluster fuck. especially if the superpowers involved are higher tier.
lower tier supers might get roped into to the spy game. even if your power is just making a spot on the wall, that's one more thing you got over your foes

One thing I figured was that, assuming superpowers are evenly distributed among the population, minor powers could become major players. Imagine if the Superman equivalent was, say, Brazilian. Or Pakistani. Or Iraqi. Any sort of foreign intervention suddenly becomes a lot riskier, even against minor states, since superiority in conventional war material means a lot less than it used to.

But that all depends how average your Supermen are in your world? If there's only one in the setting/time period it could easily be something like Watchmen. Vietnam is won and Russia isn't doing shit out of fear but they're stockpiling the shit out of their nukes.

You probably have the major countries probably trying to make super soldiers on top of this.

Just imagine what the Bond guy in Cape World has to deal with.

There's his old Emma Peel in a catsuit partner from back home in England who gets mad jealous when he's partnered off with anyone els, then there's this Japanese Ninja chick who acts demure and pure even while performing acrobatics in spandex, then there's the Russian telepath who KNOWS exactly what he's thinking at every moment. Then there's the Chinese agent that wants to compete with him in everything but secretly wants to surrender to him. Then there's the chick form Mexico that wears a mask and suplexes bad guys who likes getting physical...

Now imagine all those girls getting together and talking about him...

>There's his old Emma Peel in a catsuit partner from back home in England who gets mad jealous when he's partnered off with anyone els, then there's this Japanese Ninja chick who acts demure and pure even while performing acrobatics in spandex, then there's the Russian telepath who KNOWS exactly what he's thinking at every moment. Then there's the Chinese agent that wants to compete with him in everything but secretly wants to surrender to him. Then there's the chick form Mexico that wears a mask and suplexes bad guys who likes getting physical...

>Now imagine all those girls getting together and talking about him...

This sounds like a beginning to a harem anime.

But this guy would be Bond. Aren't harem protags usually spineless drips that never actually sleep with anyone?

This guy would be a badass. Who has slept with at least 50 percent of his partners. The entertainment comes from all his partners talking about him.

I'd watch it.

Usually.

If it's a hentai it's usually the protoganists goal to fuck every last person of his harem.

I figured no real world-shatterers but a dozen or so 'nuke-level' or 'arsenal-level' individuals- people capable of being a strategic deterrent on their own. Not necessarily out of raw destructive power- a telepath with global range, for example, would have /more/ effective power than a city-killer in a cold war environment, since there would be less restrictions on their deployment. Soviet Union and its allies have a few, United States and their allies have a few, China has a couple, India has a couple, and the remainder are scattered around regional powers- which are generally regional powers /because/ they have a strategic superhuman.

Would anyone ever be interested in running or playing a Cape World game?

Offline or as a quest?

I've been thinking about doing something on /qst/, probably something with very little to do with the worldbuilding or politics or cosmology at first, thinking of playing as Trinity as she becomes a member of the Generals as the first thread and moving on from there, but I have no experience or solid schedule.

I'd love a quest like that. I would run a Cape World Quest myself but I'm already doing two quests that I've been neglecting. Maybe I could run an "episode" of Quest World one day. Something like an issue of Astro City. The anons play as a different character in each episode and explore a different side of the lore. Does that sound good?

Honestly I was thinking earlier a quest of a new person joining the Generals or Junior Generals. But Trinity would make a good quest protagonist.

I prefer this idea.

I'd hop on board any Cape World quest, but that particularly is actually what I kind of had in mind.

I meant Trinity to just be a introduction, since a lot of players wouldn't know too much about Cape World and neither does she, at the time at least, being a civilian/recent superhero child. Would ease most players new to Cape World into the lore, and ease players who helped build it and the one running the quest get into putting all these ideas and characters and worldbuilding into something playable.

But beyond that I think that branching out to multiple characters is best, and "episodes" like what you're suggesting seems like a good way to go about that.

Episode 1: Play as Ghost O Jarone and team up with Hoosier and Brown Recluse to chase down The Immortal as he races across America

Episode 2: Play was Brown Recluse and hit the streets to find and protect whoever stole Martin Dundo's experimental armor (Tesla).

Episode 3: Play as Trinity. Try and get Tesla to work together with the rest of the young Generals. Hilarity ensues when the Outliers show up and a brawl breaks out.

Episode 4: Play as Kivuli of the Outliers on a psychic adventure with Otherthing and Haunter to stop the Dream Sultan from corrupting a dream of a utopia.

Episode 5: Play as Haunter and help a super villian in Wyoming's Null Prison gain control over his schizophrenic tendencies.

Would something like this work? A "pass the baton" where the character the anons play as in the next episode appears in the preceding episode?

A setup like that sounds good, but I agree with having the first episode involve Trinity. She's a good character to jump on with.

Well it's a real step up from just random characters unpredictably one after the other. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but asserting some kind of order into it would be neat, especially if it becomes a guessing game when the current player character is teaming up with several really cool characters.

What would be a stupid, hamfisted, corny attempt to be comically oldschool and thus perfect for Cape World is if at the end of every mission where multiple heroes are working together, they part with a firm handshake, and that is the point where player perspective and control switches.

You know, Trinity's a good character to jump on with for multiple things. Cape World itself, the Generals, the Junior Generals. While I agree that an episodic thing with many characters would be best, it might be worth revisiting Trinity a couple times to explore a couple different settings and plots.

I agree. Now are any of writefags with enough freetime to do this?

How much information should be given? Dump all relevant information for the quest or just what Trinity knows?

I was thinking of keeping knowledge freely given to players as only what Trinity knows, but maybe dropping some hints in the world for other things-and, of course, linking to pastebins and answering questions outside the main quest postings.

Something like snooping around the other Generals' rooms, reading a newspaper is The Daily Lore a good name for that? as optional, exploratory things, and some stuff partly hidden in the main narrative, like Blue Cobalt reading some book when we walk into a room, noting that she put it away rather quickly once Psinobe walked in, and after whatever scene occurs when everyone else leaves we have the option to see what Blue was reading and find it was that book of pick up lines.

Does that sound good? Keep knowledge limited to what is known by Trinity, or whichever character is currently being played, but try to let players piece things together with some other stuff presented in the quest?

Sounds good!

Half the character interactions would be keeping the cassanova in check and keeping him focused on the task. For a guy claiming to be one of Britain's finest, he's infamously unprofessional.

Yeah that sounds pretty solid user.

Not necessarily "share secrets in the spirit of cooperation," but they tend to have a lot of information available to them. Such an open relationship as you described could be easily abused by any unscrupulous world government, unless you have countermeasures in mind.

So who's Cape World's? American Bond? Their Jason Bourne? Their Nick Fury ?

Posting more of the PITT FIGHTER write up. Oh dear god, I did not expect his origin to get this long. He's the longest one yet.

If you guys don't want me to post it all just tell me and I'll get a pastebin.

The fighting style and armament he used for armored battles was not the same he used as a super hero. The two roles required different tactics. As an armored battler he fought one-on-one with opponents in a closed arena. Thus he focused on defense and armor over speed and close quarters combat. But as a super hero he would have to chase down bad guys and so the PITT FIGHTER armor Alan used on THE MINUTEMEN, sometimes called the SILVER PITT FIGHTER because of its shiny chrome appearance, was lighter to allow for greater speed. He would also be fighting opponents with considerably less durability than combat armor. Some would only be armed with light MATADOR suits, some with pawn-shop bought pocket bullet shields, and some with nothing at all. Thus his armor had to be fitted with non-lethal weaponry to account for these foes. And as his armor and weapons changed so did his tactical thinking. He had to learn to fight in an entirely new way for his super hero career. And although he was begged to come back to armored battling by his fans Alan refused. He only wanted to compete if he could devote himself 100 percent to armored battles as before. He believed he owed it to his competition and to the sport.
But Alan still remained involved in armored battling. His armored battle support crew went on to sponsor armored battlers such as GLADIATRON and PERSEUS and trained them personally when he had off time from his MINUTEMEN duties. Then he finally went back to armored battles in 1985 when he won-and competed-for the last time in his life.

They wouldn't share EVERYTHING but compared to real life the intelligence agencies of the world cooperate a hell whole lot more.

THE 1985 TOURNAMENT:

The armored battle scene had changed radically in the 80’s. Technology had gotten a lot more sense Alan’s decade. Even his first PITT FIGHTER suits in the 60’s had a degree of artificial intelligence to control muscle cylinders and electrical distribution, but the new suits were practically alive. They man on the inside had to do more planning and less work compared to Alan. Fights began to be seen as chess matches decided before the combatants suited up. They were duels of algorithms and logic, not quick reflexes and steely nerves. Armored suits were also smaller and faster than they before, even beyond the concessions Alan made for his crime fighting SILVER PITT FIGHTER suit. They were nimble and agile like gymnasts and danced around older, slower, bulkier suits while making scrap iron out of them with high-tech blades of vibrating metal or energy that could shave the electrons off a molecule. The world wide center for armored battles had shifted from America to Japan as the country’s industry picked up steam following its reconstruction. They produced sleek, computerized armor that made American armor look like medieval knight armor and many saw their dominance of the armored battles as an example of Japan taking a share of America’s technological prestige.

For his comeback Alan was offered the greatest engineers to sculpt a new armored suit and the greatest trainers to bring him up to speed on the latest tactics. He chose to compete with his own suit with his own tactics. Because of his choice he was considered beyond a long-shot. Dundo Industries offered to foot the expensive for Alan and his support team but withdrew their support when Alan stubbornly refused to modernize. Vegas gave him ten to one odds of going down in his first bout.
It was said by many at the time that his refusal to modernize was noble at best and foolishly stupid at worse. He would be slower. His weapons would be inferior. His tactics would be outdated. He would lose and lose badly.

But Alan won. He won the whole tournament.

His opponents spent their time preparing to fight opponents like themselves, opponents that moved in complex patterns and wore an opponent down with quick strikes. Alan spent his time training to take the blows of his quicker opponents and retaliate decisively. They weren’t used to fighting an enemy that let himself be hit just to line up a single mighty counter-attack, they were used to combat being a dance of feints and counter feints and numerous quick blows. This made Alan’s fights underdog tales in and of themselves. He would take blow after blow and the crowd winced as they remembered that he was personally footing the repair bill between every fight because Dundo Industries declined. They watched sparks and metal exploded from his wounds when they were used to seeing beam katanas cleave cleanly through thinner armor. And then Alan would strike, miss, suffer more blows, strike and miss again, and suffer more blows. And then he would hit. And hit, and hit, and win with a final salute to his beaten opponent and the crowd.

Even the Japanese started to cheer for such an exciting fighter.

People love to make fun of the "American cowboy" style of espionage for their "beat face first, ask questions later" methods; indeed, many a joke is made about how Americans are difficult to counteract because even the Americans don't know what they're doing. Truthfully, American espionage is to be respected, despite its sometimes unorthodox methods. After all, it was truly forged and tempered in the icy crucible of the Cold War against the former Soviet Union. The American super agent is exceedingly capable and efficient, careful of where they tread yet uncompromising. They are not the "oblivious tourist" or "unreasonable killer and torturer" like some myths seem to portray. The fact is, the American agent is the standard, the yardstick by which other super agents are measured.

He had other edges over his opponents. They devoted resources of their machines to hacking and counter-hacking the enemy. Cyber-warfare was a new a critical part of armored battles, but PITT FIGHTER couldn’t be hacked. They stood a better chance of hacking a calculator. All the number crunching, all the planning, and all the calculations came from Alan. Advance computers simply took up space in his opponents machines when they fought him. Alan also fought with less safety equipment than his opponents. Before a bout began his opponents would spend minutes fitting into under armor to wear under the fighting armor itself. Alan would just take his shirt off and put on a helmet as he had always done to deal with the heat and bumps inside PITT FIGHTER. Under armor was created to be both extra protection and to be an interface for the pilot to better control the fighting armor like it was an extension of his own body with enhanced reflexes. But this interface could easily be disrupted by damage to the armor. Given that any damage to a modern style armor virtually took it out of the fight it wasn’t seen as too much of a detriment. But although Alan had slower reflexes at the start of a battle he was able to control his suit optimally no matter what condition it was in. He could feel the vibrations through the armor on his skin and respond to them. During a clash of weapons he could tell by vibrations whether his opponent would disengage or press the attack and respond to their choice in an instant.

It was never a rule that armored battlers had to wear under armor until after Alan won the 1985 tournament. It was simply assumed that any fighter could take an advantage from using under armor. But when Alan proved that this wasn’t true there were worries that the sport would become far less safe with people choosing not to use under armor and so the rules were changed.

. Some saw the change in rules as simply a move by the Japanese to keep Alan from winning more tournaments. Some saw it as a necessary change for a culture that had less tolerance for wounded athletes. Alan himself was hospitalized several times in his career for injuries and cancer resulting from the atomic engine leaking into the cockpit (cancer is treatable in Cape World). And during his fourth match in the 1985 tournament a piece of metal came loose in the cockpit and stabbed Alan in the chest. Alan nearly died, not noticing he had been stabbed until after the fight was over and he tried to get out of the armor. Some see the incident as exactly what the international armored battle committee hoped to prevent by making under armor mandatory. But the incident is also the subject of “unsolved mystery” speculation. Was it somehow caused by jealous Japanese armor crews Yakuza with money wagered on the fights that wanted Alan out of the game or his type of battling discredited? Or is that just upset American fans talking?

As usual Alan refused to change with the times. He took up armored battling when the sport was filled with ex-soldiers fresh from WW2. They took their bruises inside their machines and were proud of it. Their sweat and blood were its oil, their flesh was its engine, and their beating heart was the heart of the machine. That was the sport, and Alan would not change for something he did not see as his sport. The 1985 tournament would be Alan’s last tournament, but he departed the sport on a high note and not just because he won. He departed a friend of ex-champion Hiro Nakajima, the pilot of BENKEI-X, something that “East vs West” narratives of the tournament gloss over. Alan decided that the spirit of the sport did in fact survive. It wasn't in a form that he could identify with, but it was still there. He knew it was there by the persistence and honor of his opponent.

Alright, I've got an OP typed up and ready to post on /qst/ for a "trial run" to test the waters a little. Would anyone join now if I made the thread? Should I wait until tomorrow?

Again, if anyone else wants to do it, a complete game or just a one-thread quest, now or any time in the future, please let me know, I don't have a lot of time or experience to run a quest.

I'd be up for it, but it is late where I'm at. But it should last until daylight, so I say go ahead and post it.

Go ahead. I would show up there to read it.

Fucked up OP, have to retype everything, give me a minute, sorry.

One question though - What´s the name of the quest?

Cape World. I'm sorry.

Is this all good so far for his backstory? I'm thinking that after retiring from armored battles after 1985 things go worse for Alan. His support team dissolves as Pittsburgh's economy goes belly up. He can't get a job as a trainer because he only trains in the old style. He lives off a Minuteman stipend, and sometimes he gets together for the Mintuemen for a Crisis that just makes him feel in over his head and useless. He gets into a funk, but things improve for him when he finds love with a spitfire engineer that recruits him as a consultant on a giant mech project.

He marries and has a daughter named Nike, and Nike buts heads with her father because she wants to be an armored super hero like he was but he doesn't want to see his baby girl beaten up and scarred up like himself. Nike figures into some of his story hooks, trying to become an official super hero. The PCs can even serve as her trainers.

Alan gets voted into the Statesmen and accepts it after his daughter and wife coax him into it. Now he's armored up for one last stab at glory...

IS THIS A GOOD DIRECTION?

The American agent is as contemporary as they come: modern sidearm, modern clothes, modern phone, modern training. While they occasionally make use of various esoteric gadgets, they usually get away with basic hardware, like a commlink. An expert marksman and hand-to-hand combatant, the American agent is strong and difficult to engage. Most global agents pride themselves on their wits and improvisation, but the American agent is arguably the one who elevated it to an artform.

Who is this girl and why do I want to waifu her?

Woman, not girl. She is Vanessa, leader of the Agent Team in the King of Fighters video game series. She's a thirty-year-old mercenary special agent, ace boxer, widow and single mother, beer drinker and professional catalogue shopper.

Sounds like waifu material

It's worth noting that most all super agents double as ace detectives and problem solvers; it is intensely difficult to put one over on an agent, with their keen eye for detail and skill at analysis. You can trick many a superhero, but it takes exceptional effort to trick an agent.

I like the idea of Alan getting a family and being overprotective of his daughteru.

Am I alone in liking this?

What should her eventual super heroine name be?

Italy/France needs to have a tradition of "evil" spies like Diabolik and Fantomas. Stealthy guys that cause mayhem for shits and giggles.

Maybe the great grandson of one of them works for the good spies nowadays?

I'm not familiar with those.

Spain and Mexico also had a few. Satanick. Killing (no really. His name is Killing). Kriminal.

Basically think Evil James Bond. Masked guys that go around killing people and banging hot chicks armed with skill and gadgets. They range in flavor form Diabolik who was a super thief that killed those that got in his way but was sometimes capable of honor to Fantomas who was like Joker.

You know that Mark Millar series Nemesis? Like that. Exactly like that.

Spy battles could be a lot of fun.

Lord Death Man would also be an analog.

This pic is what all those old Giallo characters were really about. 100 percent Gran Theft Auto getting away with murder joy.

Can't forget Golgo 13, the Japanese James Bond.

Hiro supported mandatory under armors, but he respected Alan’s position unlike others that regarded him as a crazy reckless American. In return Alan tried to convince him not to resign from his position on the TOKYO GUARDIANS, but he respected Hiro’s decision to step down. They clashed in armor and out of armor, but they had mutual warriors’ respect for each other that made them friends to this day. Hiro would try several times to get Alan to compromise and rejoin armored battles without success, but when his daughter Nike displayed an interest in the modern incarnation of the sport Alan allowed Hiro to take her under his arm as her trainer. He also named a heavily armored variant of his BENKEI-X the JACKSON in honor of his friend.
His rise in popularity with his 1985 win was meteoric. The downswing in his fortunes came suddenly and brutally after refusing to use under armor. He poured his assets into creating a league without under armor rules, and plans were drawn up for a 1987 tournament to be held in his home town of Pittsburgh, but it was canceled when the Pittsburgh industries that sponsored the tournament, his support crew, and his suit upkeep went belly up as its technology industry crashed.
Many causes have been given over the years for the collapse of Pittsburgh’s economy from mismanagement to competition from other super-technology centers such as NYC and Tokyo. But a popular conspiracy theory that circulates in “Unsolved Mystery” circles is that Leonard Dundo, grandfather of Martin Dundo and CEO of Dundo industries in the 80’s purposefully sank Pittsburgh’s economy through legal and less-than-legal means as a way to get back at Alan for rejecting his company’s offer of support during the 1985 tournament. Regardless of what caused it Pitssburgh’s collapse caused the end of Alan’s plans for an under armor free league.

Alan considered joining back on as a full time member of the Minuteman but ultimately decided not to because he felt out of place in the 80’s incarnation with its fresh young heroes. He spent the rest of the 80’s in a depressive funk, struggling to find what he could do with the rest of his life. Occasionally he would be called in to provide training for new MINUTEMEN recruits or to assist in some high level crisis event, but in the end his involvement would leave him feeling old and tired.
Things started to turn around in 1989 when he accepted an offer from his friend Hiro to come to Japan and join a team of engineers creating the latest in Japan’s CHANGE MAN line of mechs, CHANGE MAN QUAD. The job was good for Alan. It gave him steady, productive work and a sense of purpose. And in the end he even found love in the form of fellow engineer MIKI HONO. The young woman shared his mechanical genius and stubborn will. She was a fan of his ever senses his victory four years ago and was upset with him for never compromising and returning to the sport. They argued, they fought, and then they made love. They were married in 1991 and Miki bore a daughter in 1993 which they named NIKE after the Greek goddess of victory for she was Alan’s greatest victory.

So who all is in this spy organization? Bond analog, Ninja girl, Vanessa analog, what are their powers and abilities and what kicker do we give them to make them more than analogs?

Anyone want to roll up powers for them?

That's the cool part: no one said these agents had to have powers. I mean yeah, not-Taki would have various ninjutsu skills and ninpo and be one of the heavier hitters when it comes to combat, but the super agents can get away with being on a different scale that your typical cape.

Of course, that's partly because the ninja is also a professional demon hunter on the side.

There's not-Poirot, the short-statured French/Belgian detective who excels at investigation, not so much at combat.

You have assorted assassins and gunmen available as well, like Golgo 13 mentioned above.

You could even get away with a few Batman-esque Crime Fighters as well.

Make her a Vegas Super and then you have a whole casino that has mobster vibe and hosts all the Super MMA fights

I thought that was all of Vegas. Part of the struggle is dealing with the last vestiges of the mob trying to assert control over the city.

Golgo is basically superhuman given the insane nature of many of his shots.

I think if we roll up powers it would probably be one roll for most of them to simulate a favorite gadget or gimmick.

That does sound like something a super spy would run in their down time. A casino with Super MMA fights makes a lot of cash and provides competition if she ever felt like stepping in the ring herself.

And some ex super villains say an awful lot of secrets when they get hammered at the bar...

Maybe a superpowered Mafia princess kind of vibe. As in her father is a captain in the Italian Mob and she works for him on her downtime.

Can we combine the Spy, Mob Princess, and MMA fighter thing together. It is a lot but it does make her an interesting character.

I don't know about the mobster bit, but if her cover is running a casino, I can live with that.

Still working on the US WW2 and some of their after stuff. As well as Russia, but does anyone know what to call Russia's modern day elite super squad?

I was thinking something along the Motherland Squadron

I'm of the opinion not-Vanessa should be a self-made agent who gets scouted as a top agent for OIPP and gets a Vegas casino as part of her cover. She'd have a background in police, Interpol, even some level of security clearance before she hit it big with OIPP. The actual Vanessa's husband was an operative himself before he was killed in action, and she took up his work and became an agent herself. I feel she should be recognized for her honest work, hence her inclusion into OIPP.

I wouldn't even begin to know what to call Russia's super team. Considering the running theory that most all Russians supers are (forcibly) enlisted in the armed forces, they're probably part of a particular army division.

So she is the fake daughter of some mole. She is part of some deep cover.

Her default work when she's not on active assignment is deep cover in the mob? That's nuts.

As she grew up Nike would prove to be just as willful as her parents and would find herself butting heads with her father with Miki usually having to step in between them and pull rank as the mom of the household. Ever sense she was a girl she wanted to be like her father, an armored battler and a super heroine. But when she began armored battling at 18 she never felt that her father truly supported her. He trained her in the basics and sent her off to train with Hiro in the modern style, but she always felt that her father looked down on her for using under armor. He claimed that he didn’t and was in fact proud of her, but when asked why he wouldn’t come out of retirement to form a team with her he could only reply that the modern style wasn’t for him-which Nike always took to secretly mean that he held the modern sport and her involvement in contempt. Nike has vowed to become the greatest armored battler in the world with her suit SAMOTHRACE and to show up her old man’s legacy. Her fondest wish is to fight and win side by side with her dad. But sense she can’t get that she’s settled for outperforming him. So far she hasn’t placed first in a tournament yet, but she’s determined to snag a win before becoming a super heroine.

Her decision to become a super heroine is what causes the most friction between herself and her father. He absolutely refuses to support her in this endeavor. He doesn’t want his baby girl to suffer the broken bones and concussions he did fighting super villains that don’t follow the rules of armored battling. He wants her to stay safe. Nike interprets this to mean that he considers her too incompetent to be a super heroine. Mom takes her side, arguing that it isn’t fair for Alan to project his fears onto her. Nike finds it hard finding a team willing to consider taking her on after she achieves that tournament victory she’s after. Many are worried about slighting her old man, and this makes Nike wonder if he isn’t actively telling them to avoid her, another baseless allegation that strains their relationship.
Alan was recently elected by his state to represent them on the STATESMEN. The old fighter has declined all previous election victories in the past, but this year he’s finally caved in to Miki and Nike’s urging for him to put back on the armor. He gave in partly out of a desire for one last stab at glory and partly because he’s worried that if he doesn’t prove he’s Statesman material the voters might start voting in his daughter in a couple of years….

YES! ORIGIN IS DONE!

I promise his powers/abilities, personality, and story hook stuff will all be shorter. I surprised myself with how much I got from his character.

When I finally finish him the Statesmen will be 10 percent written up. I'm hoping to start picking up the pace.

As usual I really want to hear what you guys think about all this. Questions, comments, and criticism are greatly appreciated.

I did write some Russia fluff earlier,

My points are:

Russia's Supers are all registered and assigned work via programs.

Russia's Super Works program is one of the only in the world, and has done half-decent job, but has exploited the Super population

All Russian Heroes have Police and/or Military Training and are part of actual government organizations and are part of special units assigned to various zones of cities and regions.

Russia's crime scene is complicated, and it tends to export Supervillains.

Russia today is heading to further instability with Firebird potentially eyeing up to coup the government

(Firebird is an immortal WW2 heroine with fire and flight who is considered an icon and symbol of the Russia)

>That does sound like something a super spy would run in their down time. A casino with Super MMA fights makes a lot of cash and provides competition if she ever felt like stepping in the ring herself.
>And some ex super villains say an awful lot of secrets when they get hammered at the bar...
Pretty much. I don't like the mob angle that's cropped up, though. It makes sense that an OIPP-furnished casino can be one of many OIPP bases of operation in USA, never mind the world.

I like this. Undercover mod princess casino owner with an interest in MMA. She'll attract super baddies wanting to cut a deal and even super people that want to investigate her.

What's a better way to fill out that Brown Recluse file OIPP has then by getting him into thinking he should be investigating you as a mob princess? Think of it as gathering data on Batman by posing as a bad guy.

It could be an optional storyline hook, or an operation that happened in the past. The main thing is that she's OIPP and has a casino and love of MMA.

Call is something very low key. All are equal under Communism comrade. I can buy Cape China giving their group something cool like People's Champions because they keep losing supers to Taiwan and Hong Kong and even Korea so they do try a little to court supers and do nice things for them when they enlist.

Russia is just "fuck you. I don't care if you can blow up cities. You start as a private".

Just "Special Squad" ought to do it.

Sounds good. I especially like the Super Works program idea. If you're a flying fire guy you're going to be put to work as an engine powering a city. To each according to their own. If you have powers you use them for the good of all. There's nothing like the "super entertainers" and "super artists" and "super sportsmen" of America. Russia makes her supers take practical, utilitarian jobs.

>I like this. Undercover mod princess casino owner with an interest in MMA. She'll attract super baddies wanting to cut a deal and even super people that want to investigate her.
>What's a better way to fill out that Brown Recluse file OIPP has then by getting him into thinking he should be investigating you as a mob princess? Think of it as gathering data on Batman by posing as a bad guy.
That feels backwards to me. If anything, I'd leave the "mob princess" angle as a previous operation, if it must exist. The fact is, she's the low-key "owner" of a Vegas casino that just so happens to be an OIPP base.

It's like The Man From UNCLE: the New York base for UNCLE used a tailor's shop as a front cover. This should be the same thing: the casino is a front for an OIPP base. Adding the mob angle makes it needlessly complicated.

So the entire place looks like it is run by somebody else but it the OIPP but what is the OIPP again?

Now add the government corruption of Russia and the allocation or mis-allocation of Super Works to certain people is an issue which causes Russia much problem.

This means the regime effectively is controlling a vital part of industry that can turn companies around or save huge amounts of money.

Russia's non-hero supers are in a bad position of being forced to work at times for wages that are unequal to their jobs for the benefit of the oligarchs.

Hence why Russia gets so many Supervillains and expats, people leaving the system as soon as they can.

Russia is losing its Super community and eventually there will be issues when their Superheroes rebel due to their usage in keeping the Superworkers in line.

The system worked when the benefits were amazing and when no one could leave.

It is falling apart now.

>Latin: Ordo de Intelligentia, Praesidio, et Pace
>English: Order of Intelligence, Protection, and Peace
The OIPP is an international intelligence and tactics organization and is basically the "good guy spies" global group. It's a group that arose out of the Cold War and works to preserve world peace against those who would see it harmed. Being an international organization, national borders are intentionally blurred, hence why the roster is so multicultural. There are countless agents working for OIPP, and this and a couple other threads have been talking about thier superstar agents, like not-Bond, not-Taki, and so forth. It's like UNITY, UNCLE and even SHIELD to an extent.

tl;dr - OIPP is the good guy global spy network.

It's like "brain drain," when the smart people leave the country to go somewhere else. I guess you could call it "super drain."

I will be making Mother Russia as a legacy hero with divine inspiration,

1st one fought in the Russian Civil War, 2nd one in WW2, and the 3rd came about recently.

Also Mother Russia was declared an Orthodox Saint who has a massive cathedral to her.

Is it a good idea to blend to religion with Supers?

Eh, that's getting into finicky territory. It comes to one of the main philosophical questions of whether supers are gods.

Cape World Mid-East basically runs on this idea.

I say go with it. The Catholic Church in Cape World probably has more than a few super powered Saints. Reverend from the Statesmen is probably a living Saint.

So they fight terrorist networks and multinational criminals? I can dig it.

Does this mean that they fight for freedom wherever theres trouble?

>Does this mean that they fight for freedom wherever theres trouble?
...Yes?

user,You're making me feel old as shit here...

YO JOE!

For reference, this is the "Big Five" international organizations some user mentioned earlier.

>Phoenix (Search and Rescue)
>Nightingale (Developing 3 Earths and other worlds)
>ARGO (Exploring 3 Earths and other worlds)
>OIPP (International Intelligence)
>UN (International Cooperation, includes members from other worlds and Earths)

So anyone feel like rolling up some characters? That "team through all the comic ages" idea from the last mini-thread appeals to me.

Please stop me if this topic has been discussed in other threads, or would be better somewhere else.

What are some interesting moral codes you've seen for capes?

Are there any sort of charts to quantify/keep track of elements a moral code has? (Stuff like "don't use guns", "only kill in self-defense", or "flip a coin to decide whether or not to commit a crime")

Are there generators, lists, or roll tables to give topics or elements that capes can have strong positions on? Is that simply impossible due to the broad spectrum of issues that can arise in different settings?

I know that some capes are much stricter than others when it comes to their codes, and there are some great (or not-so-great) storylines about characters being forced to violate their rules. There are also other ways to show where a character stands. Still, moral codes can act as a guide for characters, or show off their ideals, and viewers tend to get upset when writers ignore them. So I feel like it'd be useful to have some way of creating or keeping track of them when needed, for both heroes and villains and everything in between.

Part of me says this would be better asked in an alignment chart thread; but I feel it deserves a bit more specification. Especially since I've heard some say that anyone who sticks to a moral code is Lawful by definition.

Its an interesting idea. A "moral code randomizer".

I'm not exactly sure where to begin though. Maybe be defining what lines a character will cross in pursuit of their goals?

How much force do you use to defeat an opponent? What do you do to a helpless and defeated opponent? Is it moral to violate certain laws in the pursuit of justice like Batman? Is the hero okay with torturous interrogations of criminals?

Its an interesting idea but I'm not sure how to start. Just rolling for the answers to these questions would just make a schizophrenic hero.

Maybe have "moral systems" centered around answers to a handful of questions?

I think for moral code randomized you would bunch together a set of beliefs instead of randomizing for each question/situation

Is this actually interesting anyone? I don't want to shit post, so if no one is interested just say so and I'll stop.

It's lots of info to process, especially for those who haven't followed closely.