OC Thread #4

Welcome to the Veeky Forums OC thread.
Previous Thread: Tell us about your original characters, new and old. Let's hear some stories of valor and glory and you might even see some artwork befitting such heroes!

>THIS THREAD IS PRIMARILY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT AND SHOWING OFF YOUR FAVORITES FROM YOUR GAMES
It's like the Storythread, but centered on characters that we all know and help make. Art is just a potential byproduct of that, not the focus.

>WHEN POSTING YOUR OC
Give us a little blurb about your character, this is a brag thread after all. Some basic questions to get you started:
• Name:
• Role(s):
• Goals:
• Traits:
• Flaws:
• Allies:
• Enemies:
• Other Relations:

Write and share stories about each others' characters (use a pastebin for works that would take up multiple posts).

Draw and share pictures of each others' characters (please link offsite in the event of NSFW work).

Ask questions about other anons characters and get to know their stories, and tell us all about your own.

Need help developing a new character concept? Ask away!

>DO NOT REPOST OR BUMP ANY REQUESTS IF THE ORIGINAL REQUEST HAS NOT 404d YET

This thread is intended to be all in good spirit, so please remember to be excellent to each other, and try to contribute in some way. If you can't draw, write something for someone and vice/versa.

>THREADLY ART PROMPT
Draw an OC of your choice in setting-appropriate formal wear. If formal-wear is their normal clothing, draw them in casual attire.

>THREADLY STORY PROMPT
Write a funny story from the perspective of an OC that is not yours.

>DON'T MAKE A NEW THREAD UNTIL PAGE 10
Use art from these threads as OP image when possible.

Other urls found in this thread:

forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Narbondel
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Starter Topic:

Are there any OC pairings you think would be turbo-cute?

Reposting one of my own OCs from the second thread to get the ball rolling, and to help balance out the M:F ratio a bit.

Name: Lord Ian Graham
Role: Glass cannon and healer, defender
Goal: Find a way to sustainably protect his hometown from the onslaught of vampires and werewolves engaged in a turf war. Recently gained the ability to have his sword turn into a snake that he can borrow the senses of.

Traits: Deadpan and serious, rarely finds time for humor.

Flaws: His left leg is a prosthesis, he is incredibly slow and does not maneuver much in combat, preferring to root himself and be a wall.

Allies: his traveling companions are the only people he's felt close to since he left the military. They keep him from slipping too far into depression.

Enemies: the warring factions of vampires/lycans that besiege his hometown. It's a Bloodborne/Innistrad setting for reference.

I've played him for awhile, really fun to play a bitter, broken person who can occasionally be made to break his grimseriousness by the lively members of his group. He even cuts loose sometimes and tells really stupid jokes that he heard in the military that only he appreciates, but the others know it's good for him.

Guess ill help get the ball rolling also.

Guy on the left, Mathias Vecinter Drosil, who I scientifically designed to be the edgiest character possible.

Born and raised as minor unimportant nobility in Shadow Absolom, Mathias believes in Fetchling racial superiority over the enslaving Umbral Dragons and Zon Kuthons reign. From the moment he could walk on his own, he knew that his destiny would take him to divinity.

Sly, mischievous, and impeccably polite; his snakelike charm is bellied only by his reputation as a pathological liar. His ambition is completely unhinged, believing himself the ultimate heir to the plane of shadow, and chosen by fate to banish the god Zon-Kuthon from his home plane.

using a tryhard, minmax'd combination of rogue/bard/shadowdancer, he commands phenomenal power over darkness, becoming practically intangible and invisible in areas of low light. Any problem he cant fix with guile, he solves with assassination, terror tactics, intimidation, or mind control. Powerful enemies enliven the lordling within him, and he makes many an effort to take these enemies alive, to imprison them in his vault on the shadow plane. True darkness is beautiful for him, and he gifts his prisoners with permanent, beautiful blindness.

He never leaves home without his favorite thing, a lantern of dancing shadows, which he uses to lower light levels everywhere he goes.

By now the ball has probably been rolling full speed.

I like it, a lot.

Ian sounds like a righteous dude. Nice and straight forward.

I don't usually care for 'scientifically designed to be the edgiest' characters, but I actually like how you wrote him up, seems like he'd be fun to go on adventures with.

Also nice to get another sausage in the clamfest. Not that we don't love the waifus.

What was a huge campaign moment for Mathias? Any neat combat stories?

Thanks! One of my best character moments was receiving a Wish, and wishing not for a healed leg, but rather to restore one of the other player's deceased wife and some civilians. Theh had died when one of the BBEG's lieutenants let loose a disease on the town and she died along with a few dozen others.

Well all in all, the campaign went off without a hitch, and all three party members, boringly, got what they wanted.

Mathias, with the help of his friends, and a very strict deal with the goddess Iomedae, managed to banish Zon-Kuthon from the shadow plane and steal his portfolio over shadow. He achieved Mythic level and now serves as a semi-divine anchor for witches with the shadow patron.

My all time favorite moment, was surviving my second failed attempt at the test of the starstone. It was not a happy moment, but it was the moment where I felt the most connected to the character ie: the shame of ultimate failure, and rejection by fate.

He had many kids, but his favorite two are pictured.

>middle guy quote
is he a wizard?

>filename
100% correct.

>most connected to the character
Absolutely nothing else compares to those moments, glad you got to get some of that.

Salt, if you make it to the thread, I want to know more about these two. Seems like we have 2 sets of twins in the OC threads currently, and this set is the one we don't know anything about.

oh yeah. Full wizard, every level.

His thing is explosions, burning everything, and suicidal fire cloaks.

>suicidal fire cloaks
Explain.

Kletus has a short fuse. When pissed off by wily enemies, he had a tendency to lose himself amidst the flames.

Sometimes, he would engulf his body in fire (didnt even know elemental body) and leap into swarm enemies or large crowds, usually putting himself into the down with his enemies.

Vex, the drow, would spam cure wands because our three person party had no healing abilities.

thanks man, it was a hell of a ride. It was almost a year and a halfs worth of sessions, and definitely the longest I have ever played an evil/sometimes neutral character.

Very stress relieving, evil characters. I highly recommend everyone try at some point.

Maybe my next character yeah.

I'm coming up on a year of playing Ian, and we've had a hell of a time in that span.

got any highlights worth mentioning?

this one was certainly a selfless act worthy of merit.

!!! Oh man, I never thought anyone would be interested in those losers.

Those are my and my GM friend's PCs for an Out of the Abyss game that another friend of ours is running. We never get to play together normally, so we wanted to make some characters that would be really connected and have a lot of banter.

Hal'wyss (the girl) and Sol'hrys (the dude) are half-drow born in Mezzoberranzan. Their mother was a captive human bard passed around the families there for entertainment until she came into child by a consort to rising slavetrade family. The only reason they weren't culled out of the womb was because they were twins; the novelty of it was enough to keep them around. Their names are actually intended to be the same name in undercommon, just the male and female denomination of it.

Blah blah blah, lots of shitty upbringing because loldrow, and their mother helped them escape in their young teen years at the expense of being caught herself. They worked for the criminal underbelly smuggling other people and goods in and out of the underdark until they made enough to buy their own passage to the surface.

They've decided that they want to go back and save their mother like she saved them though, which leads to them getting captured and taken to Velkynvelve at the beginning of the game.

Campaign highlights thus far include the two working together to give the entire prison guard populace dysentery by dumping literal shit into the mess hall soup, convincing the Kua Toa that the Deep Father and Sea Mother must be an item and that their ensuing child was the twin-form god of Darklake named Bloofus, of whom Hal and Sol are prophets, and incest baiting the hell out of the rest of the party.

God that was a lot, sorry. I get really excited about them, they're super fun to play.

My favorite moment was early game, when I had to establish Ian's attitude regarding vampires early on.

We were holed up in an innroom, as the assault on the town had just begun. We were among the few that managed to scramble to safety and hide.

As the vampires moved through the building, they eventually found our room and magically unlocked the door. Ian had shooed the civilians to the back and the party members in ambush spots by the door.

DM described the woman in the door as incredibly sexy, sultry, etc. and she was coming onto me.

I simply asked "Do I notice if she has fangs?"
>What?
"The woman in front of me. Fangs?"
>Yes?
"I attempt to behead her."
>She's hitting on you though.
"Her head's about to hit the ceiling."

Rolled a hit, applied Smite, good time.

I love anything Drow, so these two are a nice pair.

Mezzo's a Neverwinter drow city right?

Reposting like a jew, still trying to develop the campaign story.

Let's see if we can use some of the other anons formula to not bury you all in hard to read walls of texts.

>Name:
Ilya
>Role:
NPC: Guardswoman, in this case a guard commander.
>Alignment:
Neutral Good
>Goals:
Salvage the current almost apocalyptic situation the whole metropolis is in.
>Race and Traits:
Elf, blackish messy hair with long ears. Body looks more "rugged" than her face. Very athletic, and despite a catastrophic event finds the time to train and harden her body more, everything so she can help the people she is meant to guard better and better.
>Flaws:
Bad at drinking, has a habit of being overly friendly and embarrasses easily. Her biggest flaw is that she's extremely stubborn, and has scorched her several times before.
>Allies:
Hopefully the PCs when the campaign starts, other than that all the guards under her command as well as some other guard commanders. Her closest friend is a male human bard(Daniell) who recently lost a leg.
>Enemies:
Everything outside the safe-haven district walls and any criminals that has done worse thing than just stealing.
>Other Relations:
She often goes to temple fairly often, mostly to mediate and take a breather from the very busy and cramped guard barracks so she's befriended the priest and priestess of the Sarenrae make-shift temple. She always tries to leave a donation to make sure they can keep the temporary temple and have some food left. Not that she specifically believes in Sarenrae, rather that she enjoys the peace and quiet and don't want them to starve. Most of her other relations died due to whole event.

I hope that gives some more info about the character. I might need to repost the other info, the original posts are from 2 threads back.

I love them, and your art for them is amazing. I love the battle damaged one you did. They sound really run to be around, unlike most drow/half drow PCs.

As an aside, feel like hanging out with us tonight? There were a lot of OCs that cropped up last thread you might like to show some attention to if you're available. A lady tiefling gunfighter woth a good story comes to mind, dunno if they're ITT yet or not, she didn't really gain a lot of traction it seemed.

Haha excellent, suffer not the bloodsuckers to live.

You're god damn right.

Party loved it, and the DM had a precedent in front of her that she had to work with. No temptresses for this stalwart veteran.

Cool character backstory/designs, bro

>filename
>am playing a drow
yep.

Yeah, it's drizzt's home city, it's got this shit forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Narbondel which I always thought was awesome.

She did a tiny bit at the end of last thread when it was suggested she and Calvin become a thing. Mara was the name.

Yeah, I'm just finishing up a commission right now, so I could probably do a quick request or two. I don't think I got to see said tiefling.... was it the same one that recently got something on the drawthread? I remember thinking that one was cute. Glasses?

Nah this one Matter of fact, reading the replies to her post, she might be really thankful for new art.

I know I requested a female tiefling with glasses a couple drawthreads ago but I kinda dropped it. Though I'm not sure if I said it should be cute or not.

Well executed then.

Anything than discourages a DM from throwing around unnecessary ass in a characters face, is a good thing. Keeps the focus on the characters, so that when the right ass shows up, you dont even realize it.

>commission

Is it a Veeky Forums one? If so we'd love to see it when finished. I'm the one you did Frankie for, and I aim to come back soon for a second if you'll have me.

>still want waifus

Pick one.

Oh yeah, I remember seeing that earlier, but I was out and on my phone, so that fuckass huge file refused to load lol

The one I'm thinking of was a gunslinger/spellslinger of some sort and was a tiefling too. I could swear they got a fill.

It's a really cute magical girl one that showed up in some of the draw threads!

I'm not that interested into taking other people's waifus into my game as characters/npcs.

How bout taking a crack at these dark sisters

Ah, no my tiefling was not a gunslinger at all. More of a commoner/NPC.

I'm sure she'd be very happy to come back to the OC thread and see something new, sounds like the one she has has given her a bit of trouble despite being well made.

And your work there is super cute indeed. I don't go to the drawthread anymore so I don't know which requests are floating around anymore. Elf viking guy still there?

I think he still is. I've recently came back to Veeky Forums from a longer break, and not only do drawthreads only last like a day people seem to repost more, or is it just me?
How long as the elf viking guy been reposting? I swear I've seen him in the latest 4-5 threads.

He's been there almost a month, no joke.

elf viking request has always been, and will be, in time immemorial.

That's almost scary.. Though I guess things have changed a lot since I was active on Veeky Forums last, and that was like december last year.

That the Kakapo girl? Looks great so far, your linework is always a treat.

I almost took that request several times because as a kiwi I feel the need to rep NZ birds.

>Tiefling
>Glasses
You have my interest

I like kiwis too. I want to visit Kiwi Island sometime, and Dino Island too. Mostly because all my childhood my parents talked about their adventures on both islands and it kinda got grained in my head. Also this is too long of a spoiler.

I've wanted to make a magical girl kind of character as a PC but my group would never be able to enjoy playing with it. They are very anti-anime style of characters or so.

>NZ
>your satan trips are upside down
>typical

Glad to have you back! I want to ask while there seems to be an artist presence here, do you guys look at or care about the art prompt in the OPs? It's meant to give basic ideas to produce cool OP images without picking specific or "popular" characters over newer or lesser known ones.

yes but I keep it to myself so there is no bully

Well, when I originally requested it in the drawthread, I was a bit too vague I guess.

Name is Setyat and she's a bookish tiefling who is "well endowed" (plz don't misunderstand). She wears geeky large round glasses and has a quill stuck in her ear/horns, much like 90s/80s "geeks". She's got medium length hair, that is messy. How messy is open to anyone's interpretation, hair color is a bit brighter, though I haven't fully decided if I'm going to be honest. Her clothes would be "practical but cute", with thighhighs, a short sleeved vest, always have too many books attached to her belt. Other than that I haven't really thought out more of her. In the drawthread I requested her in I probably only said something like "Geeky round glass wearing tiefling." or something dumb like that.

>I've wanted to make a magical girl kind of character as a PC
This is a feel I know well. I love the magical girl genre but can never quite find a way to make it work in ttrpg setting. I did make a Cleric of a moon goddess who used a crescent moon shaped mace once. Sadly I never got to play her and punish villains in the name of the moon.

Post it!

Lucky you, theres a brand new magical girl class in the latest stuff for Pathfinder

I like the cut of your jib. She sounds like she'd be a really cute character. As someone who has made a nerdy/geeky Tiefling myself I can appreciate the character idea. Mine was a member of the Order of Librarians Militant from Candlekeep.

>Pathfinder
Of course there is. I've actually called Pathfinder "the most anime RPG that isn't based off anime" before so it makes sense. I'll stick with 5E though. It's better.

oh man, recognize this girl?

No? look at the leggings. Pathfinder is anime at this point.

I've been watching cooking shows like a madman trying to learn all sorts of different ways to cook meats and use veggies and spices in an attempt to actually have a word document for "Cooking Monsters for Dummies", but I keep getting into the shows and forget what I'm doing.

Is there a list online of "D&D meals" or something I can cannibalize for parts?

It is. It always has been with how horrifically OP your characters are by level like 3.

read Dungeon Meshi.

Its a story about a party trying to delve deep into a dungeon, while cooking and eating all the monsters gourmet style. Tons of inspirational recipes in it, all based on monsters as food.

That's literally exactly what I need, thank you so much.

something quick while I shove a sandwich in my face. I have this weird guilt about doing anything else when I have paid work sitting here

I honestly thought that is where you had gotten the idea so I never even thought to mention it.

better keep some fresh milk on hand. it'd be quite embarassing to have to make some with people around.

yep. Its a great read, enjoy.

ah ahhhh those hips, that sass. I love this like no other, though its a little odd being turned on by my favorite characters daugters. Bless your salty heart.

and thank you

>look at the leggings
that's actually one of the least similar parts of the outfit.
The leggings are triangles instead of diamonds, and wrong thing, since homuras legs are gigantic boots.
The skirt/shirt shape+ribbons, now that's just blatant.

Nah, and truth be told I don't remember where the idea came from. Frankie is my wife's character for the campaign Charlotte is in, I just helped build her after she got the idea. My wife's character originally, anyway. I have a separate group that I play with that I'll be playing Frankie in, so I guess from now on I'll refer to her as my character.

Will do!

>Nah, and truth be told I don't remember where the idea came from. Frankie is my wife's character
Well your wife came up with a great idea. The thought of writing a guide for safely preparing and cooking monsters is fantastic. As a GM I wish my players were more creative and had interesting ideas or hell even bothered to loot the monsters let alone cut them up for parts. I've never before had a party that doesn't loot. It's vexing.

Yeah, she's awesome. I was most impressed with her when she first started playing because she was a roleplayer as opposed to a optimizer.

>roleplayer as opposed to a optimizer
The best kinds of players you can get in my experience as a GM. In my experience all of the female players I've ever gamed with were more slated towards the Roleplay aspect.

>playing a lesbian paladin in a party that your irl wife is playing a qt chef

living the fuckin dream user, maximum jelly here

Our party has three women players, two of which lean towards that trend, and the other is the worst kind of murderhobo. Hopefully with time she'll get a bit more into it, but as of right now whenever we've played games in the past, she zones out when not engaged in combat. There are also two male players and the DM who has a DMPC that doesn't take the limelight or overshadow the party, and I like to think of myself as a role over roll kind of player but the other dude is not only a murderhobo but a tight-assed rules lawyer. It's a weird balance.

>Implying Charlotte would ever betray her one true love

>need an NPC for your game
>pick one of the waifus to use
>a waifu-rental system

It's perfect

Don't think I'm leaving husbandos out. Wish my folder didn't crop the heads off though.

Thanks. I'm not sure where she would belong to. Right now I'm splitted to try to make her as a PC or as a NPC. I'm foreverDM in my group so I guess it's better making her an NPC.

>also being a forever dm and having tons of character ideas
>don't want to run dmpcs due to stigma

You and me brother, you and me.

Haha... kill me. I got 10 character sheets, with 8 of them having backstories. Neatly divided by 5 husbandos and 5 waifus. Never going to get to play them though, one of them I did, a tiny bit but that campaign died and that other group died as well. *sigh*

BRING OUT THE WAIFUS!

Actually I kinda forgot that my biggest fear as GM is accidentally creating a DMPC. My players have already problems with roleplaying, taking a character that would do it for them or take too much space is fucking scary. I love my players to the bits but roleplaying is something they need to improve, also stop playing semi-edgy lonerwolf characters plz

I make it a requirement that the backstory directly ties into the campaign goal, no lone wolves, no sitting in the corner of the tavern.

My wife would sometimes respond to "I love you" with "I love you as well," to which I responded with "Who's this as-well guy?" and it became a running joke between us. At this point we were watching Sons of Anarchy and she had a celebcrush on Charlie Hunam. I'd imitate his voice to say stupid shit or whatever and we'd laugh. She played the first campaign I ran and her character was looking for a suitable husband in order to inherit her family's fortune. Of course, I can't let that happen, so after introducing the perfect candidate for her (well respected, well-off, high class, no-adventures-for-me-no-sir) and they were going to seal the deal, in walks this intensely handsome and notorious pirate captain who strolls right up to her kisses her hand and in the Hunam voice introduces himself as Aswel Fellblade. The blush and the look she gave me was priceless.

10/10

Trust me I've tried, but they always seem to find a loophole, especially one player, and since he's an extremely sensitive guy, it's hard going about to tell him to fix it. I've tried before and he stopped playing for like 3-4 months.

Jesus, that is sensitive. Well best of luck to you.

Extreme social anxiety and etc, and thanks. I love them because they are all IRL friends, who moved to different places etc.

You what my guilty pleasure is? playing/creating a monster girl or more specifically a lamia cleric or bard who has this feisty personality but is actually quite the opposite inside, and yes I have a huge boner for gap moe.

Question for the thread, given the content lately:

When playing a character of the opposite gender, do you find it easier or harder to get into character? Personally, I find it easier to play a woman, because I automatically try to apply traits that I don't have myself. When I play men, they always wind up being basically me in a different outfit.

For me it's very mixed. As I've been GMing so much I don't have that much problem distancing myself, although I can admit as a player it's easier to fall for that trap. If I'm going to be a PC I always let the roll decide on what gender the character is and adjust it accordingly.

It's about the same for me. No matter what gender I play, I have to constantly fight down my urge to make and micromanage every plan the party has. Staying in character can be difficult in many ways

Yeah, I always have one trait that slips into every character no matter how hard I try to distance it, and that's making overly complicated plans when a simple one is plainly obvious.

>rolling for gender
Huh. I hadn't ever considered that, but that may just help my players get more comfortable in trying new roles and personalities.

>incest baiting the hell out of the rest of the party.

...storytime?

Repostin'
Veeky Forums OC waifu of your choice drawn like this with the same caption included.

Ryuutama? Not quite the same since the ryuujin aren't really meant to join the party - at least not until later in the game - but an option. (Plus, you could technically make as many ryuujin as you want and cycle them out each session. Your party wants combat, so you bring in your Red Ryuujin for that session. You party is waifuing the local NPCs, so it's Blue Ryuujin time.)

Also - if anyone is playing, has played, or is intending on playing Ryuutama, plz to be telling me about your character(s)/party.

Rolled 15 (1d20)

seconding

seconding
rolling to summon willing drawfriend

Nice.

How do you feel about ex-paladins now barbarians?

I've played an ex-paladin turned fighter before, but never a barbarian. Don't see why it wouldn't work though.

Got a story?

>I've played an ex-paladin turned fighter before, but never a barbarian.

Yeah, I've also read about the fighter version of it. I think that's why I tried to do it different.

It was actually a pretty light-hearted story. Irina was an orphan raised by a wandering paladin to become his squire, and eventually became one herself. But when her adventuring party went into a region of the campaign world where paladins and other divine casters were deeply mistrusted and hated, they needed to do something about her and the priest, so Irina got a disguise. The party rogue got more or less voted into giving her a makeover, and to her slight awkward embarrassment he dragged her off to get outfitted as a barbarian. It worked out pretty well given her Veeky Forumsness though the whole great weapon and less than covering armor bit was a huge source of party jokes.

But the funny thing is eventually she just started to like her disguise, becoming more relaxed and comfortable, so we decided that she had actually switched classes (though we kept it a secret from the other players for a while). Talking a lot with the party ranger about the majesty and power of nature probably helped, since Irina started to see it as a similar devotion as her paladin one.

>Talking a lot with the party ranger about the majesty and power of nature probably helped
Fucking hippies. Sounds like a comfy campaign though, I like that the change was gradual and happened over the course of a campaign organically.

>Fucking hippies.

You joke, but the player played the ranger as a total fucking hippy. Smoking weed (literal weeds, she went around scrounging for smoke in any given new forest), talking to trees (we later found out the character was just speaking sylvan to various treants... and sometimes just being stoned) scruffy and shit... Her and Irina started the campaign as not getting along very well, but I thought it was a funnier twist if they started seeing more eye to eye than if they just kept feuding.

>I like that the change was gradual and happened over the course of a campaign organically.

Thanks user. That was my aim, not to have some stupendous dramatic "fall" but just have the character change their mind a bit. It wasn't even planned when I created her, she was just a pretty standard stern hardass paladin then. It all sort of fell into place when they went to the deity-hating lands and Irina disguised as a barbarian (named "Loora").

>That was my aim, not to have some stupendous dramatic "fall" but just have the character change their mind a bit. It wasn't even planned when I created her, she was just a pretty standard stern hardass paladin then.

See, to me that is what constitutes character development as opposed to 'I got bored with this so let's shoehorn in some drastic change'. Really well done. You should hang around the thread and meet some other characters and see what their stories are like.

I have been! I've been lurking around the previous threads, I just finally got the nerve to type up something of my own experience.

Of course Irina's campaign ended long ago, but she's still a character that hangs around in the back of my head, kinda wondering what else she could do and how she would react to different new situations.

I'm sort of picturing her having retired to either become a rough-and-tumble teacher for some fresh-faced young ones, teaching them to fight and survive or maybe just traveling around with the ranger exploring. I couldn't picture her wanting any form of worldly power after her change of heart, she would be more interested in just helping out and letting people decide for themselves.

10/10 would BFF

>BFF

you gonna get your shoulder playfully slapped by a Veeky Forums-as-fuck ex-paladin barb

I'm tough too!

I'd attach a picture of my character adorably trying to flex but I don't have one and can't make one, so use your imagination.

Which one is your character, user?