/swg/ - Father of Porkins Edition

Post about X-Wing, Armada, FFG's Star Wars RPGs, d6, d20 (Saga), movies, shows, books, comics, vidya, lego, lore and everything else Star Wars related.

Previous Thread: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZkpXpbJ1

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel Alliance&d=v4!s!29:18,72:7:15:U.134;86:18,72:7:15:U.11;88:27,-1,23,-1,-1:-1:11:U.74&sn=Unnamed Squadron
geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel Alliance&d=v4!s!29:18,72:7:15:U.11;86:18,73:7:15:U.27;88:96,-1,22,-1,-1:-1:11:U.40&sn=Unnamed Squadron
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>With Hull Upgrade on Blue I've got a point to spare, do you think I should keep it in case of initiative or up to a shield for a little less vulnerability to criticals?
You should really put Integrated Astromech on Blue. Better against crits than Hull, and free. Then you ~5 points to play with.

>Should I let them decide on how to get in and tailor it to their chosen method? Or should I work more on fleshing out alternate routes in and out?

Let them figure out how to get in and just design your base.

Basically- let them scout it out, do some knowledge checks and sort of have it as successes-advantages
X amount of successes or some advantage lets them know something which is potentially going to make it easier
X amount of failure or disads is going to yield nothing (wing it!) or find open up a whole shitload of problems like an extra squad, change of patrols or an ATST/heavy weapon hidden somewhere they didn't see.

The real meat of Rescue on Glare Peak is an adventure about rescuing a person from an Imperial prison. There's also a timing mechanic based around Vader coming to interrogate the prisoner. I'd recommend checking that out for at least some ideas on a few ways of how the base could be designed or how the players could try to get through it.

Different person entirely here, but it might also be worth bumping Dagger to Nera and getting Extra Munitions for one of the torp slots. Just because being able to driveby your torps without having to worry about arc is pretty fun

Thank you. That helps frame it for me better.

Hey ship, just a re-request of a souped up Crucible when you have the time. My though is Hondo started working on it after florim, started making it faster and better, but feel on tough times and had to sell it, and its been getting worked on as it passes hands till finally it winds up at a collectors garage.

so,

i just watched the old copy-cat movie, The Last Starfighter

what would a Gunstar be like in X-wing?
>turret primary weapon?
>some kind of natural double tap?
>crew slot....and?

would the deathblossom be an upgrade munition?

i guess we'd only have 1 named pilot card too, the rest being those tentacle heads. and other p;oor saps.

Grik would be a crew card, amirite? one with insane morale?

Has anyone played X-Wing on Tabletop Simulator? Is it any good? What about Rebellion or Armada?

the module for x-wing has slowly been getting better but vassal is still the king

Deathblossem would be equipped by title, and allow you to make an attack to every ship inside range.
The turn after activation, the ship will stay stationary and won't be able to attack.

How is the Beyond the Rim adventure book?

I've only done the start of it so far. Its my first experience GMing. Its fun enough. But a bit dry but my friends enjoyed it so far. Pretty on the rails though because it IS an adventure book

>adventure book

Was out of town, visited a large FLGS, and picked up the Slave 1, a TIE Phantom and a TIE Bomber. Also eyed the TIE Punisher a bit, which looked like a fucking beast of a ship. How does it hold up in teh game though? Seemed more or less like a regular Bomber but some more beefiness and more ordnance.

The Punisher is pretty much a fatter Bomber, with no EPT on it's top end pilots (similar to the K-Wing). It has a Boost instead of a Roll, but 1-agility makes for a poor vessel to put Autothrusters on. With Guidance Chip, it becomes a lot nastier, and is recommended unless you're going pure Bomber.

Otherwise, Bombers are the cheaper option.

The generics are a little too pricey for ordnance carriers, but Deathrain and Redline are fucking baller. Deathrain is a highly mobile dropper of bombs, Redline made ordnance good before guidance chips and is even better now.

Thanks for your input. It does look fucking slick though. Like something you'd use to ram other ships with.

Ramming is for people with no class.
Baseball-pitching mines in front of you while barrel rolling out of the way is much more stylish.

Obviously. I am merely remarking on the "DO YOU EVEN LIFT, BRO?" thickness of the ship. Like damn.

How often do you let your players have encounters with capital ships? Could be them trying to dog fight in snubs while the ships go at it or them taking them down/providing a distraction for other elements or going straight capital ship to capital ship

One of the other things about the Tie Punisher is that is has 3 shields and a System slot.

Redline with FCS is disgusting. Double locks all the time, even on each cluster missile shot.

For Deathrain I'm on the fence between enhanced scopes for the PS0 mine dropping or advanced sensors for the pre-maneuver shenanigans.

>fat bomber girls, they'll be flying today

If I wanted to play a star wars tabletop game with the EXACT rules as KOTOR 2 are there any resources you guys could recommend (pic unrelated)

that sounds awful

How would you simulate the bugs?

or the bad writing

There are none with the exact rules used by KotOR2.

KotOR1 on the other hand uses a variation on WotC's Star Wars d20 RPG (NOT Saga Edition, I'm talking about the first edition of their Star Wars RPG that was pretty much a straight port of D&D 3.x).

You could use Star Wars d20 or saga edition

>Hondo
>working

Um....

Moffship for Armada when?

The original d20 Star Wars system.

SAGA is better imo, and probably one of the best d20 games out there for what that's worth.

My main concern is the skills I honestly love kotors skill system less skills the better and six is a perfect amount

Not saying him personally, or hell even if him personally he quickly gave up and sold/bartered/lost it.

Guess nobody does

Pretty much every campaign involves an encounter with at least one capital ship at some point--customs ships, Star Destroyers, and Interdictors are every space GM's bread and butter.

What do you think of this list, I'm deciding on what I should bring to Regionals.

Howlrunner (Adaptability, Stealth Device)
Epsilon Leader
4x Epsilon Squad

Is it viable to run a TIE/FO swarm?

I'm going to let you in on a little home truth about X-Wing, a truth known only to a few seasoned veterans:
>A good pilot can win with a terrible list, a bad pilot can lose with an optimized list. It all depends on your ability as a pilot.

For the same price as an Epsilon, you could have a Black w/ crack shot. Not much of a contest, imo.

Was Rhys Dallows just lucky?

Man, I haven't thought about the original starfighter game in forever.

I've always thought Rhys was like Wedge in that he was just a damn good pilot who had the skill and showed up during a time of conflict big enough to use it.

Some call it luck, others call it gitting gud at the game.

biodrone?

It's all about them advanced sensors. PS6 is actually really good for him, it lets you piss on swarms with AoE mines and on aces with conner nets.

wut

I think I would rather use the specialty FO pilots, for one less ship you get a hell of a wallop from the likes of the Omega pilots and Zeta Leader

so I'm playing a Cathar 400ish years after the attempted Mando genocide of their species for the defeat of the Mandos during the Exar Kun war. I'm probably gonna have him hate Mandos offhand for obvious reasons but I'm wondering how often the Mando Genocide of the Cathar and their brutality towards other species during their little warpaths comes up. It's been way too long since the the events of Kotor 1 for anyone who participated in the Massacre to survive...without force shenanigans, youth drugs, or body swapping via technology. Aside from Mandos is there anyone else he should be prejudiced against? The republic is one target for not intervening during the Mandos warpath earlier but I figure they might be helping Cathars resettle. Jedi are another group that he could have an interesting interaction with considering Revan's complicated relationship with the force.

I've got X-Wing Regionals in two weeks, and I want some of those sweet, sweet white dice. What should I run? Right now I'm thinking some kind of modified Wolfpack list like this:

Contracted Scout (x2) @ 33 points each
Extra Munitions, Proton Torpedoes, Overclocked R4, Deadeye, Guidance Chips.

Guri @ 33 points
Vet Instincts, Autothrusters

The lack of a Scum version of Soontir or Poe is really stinging here. I'd rather not use a Starviper as my 'ace' but I'm not sure ... what's another ~33 point Scum ace? Kavil with Unhinged and Dorsal Turret?

I think there's a couple ways to spend those last 30-ish points. Personally, I'd give one boat plasmas and the other agromech and boba for that sweet upgrade removal. Net increase of 1 point, leaving you 32.

32 points could be 2 feedback Zs and feedback for your boats, one of the best answers to aces out there. 32 points is a Slaver w/ 4-LOM, Zuckuss, and Greedo. Zuckuss w/ VI, Mist Hunter, FCS. Palob or Mux with TLT, Zuckuss, and possibly Wired. Another jumpmaster with adaptability, Intel Agent, feedback, and anti pursuit. Manaroo with a similar set up.

You've got a lot of options.

While we're talking regionals, mine is this Saturday. I've got it narrowed down to 4 lists. Yeah, I've got problems.

TIE Interceptor: · Carnor Jax (26)
Push The Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
Lambda-Class Shuttle: Omicron Group Pilot (21)
· Darth Vader (3)
TIE Fighter: Black Squadron Pilot (14)
Crack Shot (1)
Crack Shot (1)
Crack Shot (1)
-- TOTAL ------- 100/100p. --

Firespray-31: · Boba Fett (39)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Engine Upgrade (4)
Tactician (2)
Glitterstim (2)
JumpMaster 5000: · Dengar (33)
· Lone Wolf (2)
Tactician (2)
· Punishing One (12)
Glitterstim (2)
Overclocked R4 (1)

YT-2400: · Dash Rendar (36)
Push The Limit (3)
Heavy Laser Cannon (7)
Engine Upgrade (4)
· Kanan Jarrus (3)
· Outrider (5)
VCX-100: · "Chopper" (37)
Autoblaster Turret (2)
Fire Control System (2)
· Hera Syndulla (1)

VT-49 Decimator: · Captain Oicunn (42)
Gunner (5)
· Darth Vader (3)
TIE Avanced Prototype: Baron of the Empire (19)
Crack Shot (1)
Concussion Missiles (4)
Guidance Chips (0)
TIE/v1 (1)
TIE Avanced Prototype: Baron of the Empire (19)
Crack Shot (1)
Concussion Missiles (4)
Guidance Chips (0)
TIE/v1 (1)

I'm a big fan of Crack Shot swarms, so I like the first list.

Just looking for feedback on this list. Im .500 with it, but tue losses came down to bad case of fickle green dice
TIE Avanced Prototype: · The Inquisitor (25)
Juke (2)
Autothrusters (2)
TIE/v1 (1)
TIE Avanced Prototype: · Valen Rudor (22)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Autothrusters (2)
TIE/v1 (1)
TIE Defender: · Colonel Vessery (35)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Heavy Laser Cannon (7)
Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)

I would swap Rudor for Omega Leader w/ Juke and Comm Relay and drop Mk2 to give the Inquisitor push the limit. PtL lets the Inquisitor token stack to help avoid getting diced, omega leader is the best 1v1 ship ever, and Vessery does his thing. Maybe swap VI for crack shot so Vessery can just Vessery harder.

Put Blaster on Kavil and put on an agromech.
Blaster deals more than Dorsal and agro gives the target lock reroll

I got vi on vessery so that he could do his thing at ps8 with the rest. It would be pretty nasty combined with omega

Escalation tourney coming up soon. Need some feed back for my list

ROUND 1
Cobra (28)
Glitterstim (2)
Kavil (24)
Blaster Turret (4)
Agromech (2)

ROUND 2
Serrisu (20)
Bodyguard
[Kavil] Veteran Instincs (2)

ROUND 3
Nirdu (17)
Cluster Missles (4)
Gliterstim (2)
Lone Wolf (2)

ROUND 4
Latts Razi (33)
Weapons engineer (3)
K4 Security Droid (3)

I think that's a good combination of alpha strike and support

How awful is this list?

Boba Fett (45)
-Predator
-Dengar
N'dru Suhlak (25)
-Guidance Chip
-Lone Wolf
-Cluster Missile
-Glitterstim
Contracted Scout (30)
-Guidance Chip
-Extra Munitions
-Plasma Torpedoes

Totally stole that Suhlak build from a previous thread, thanks to the user who came up with it.

Does Boba Fett REALLY need Predator AND Dengar? Replace Pred with VI, not sure what to spend the extra two points on though.
Deadeye and an Overlocked on the scout? I don't see people using Overclocked R4 on their scouts and I don't really understand why, yeah Agromechs are better, but the green on the Jumpmaster isn't that bad unlike the Y-Wings.

How diffrerently should I handle a check/attack with failure versus one with no failure or success (advantages and threats aside)?
Can you only use advantages on an attack roll (for recovering strain and the like) if the attack hits?

if it fails you straight up miss and if success and failure cancels out then they some how defended against it. Last minute sidestep, a parry w.e.

thats how I handle the basic result

Mechanically, there's no difference between a shit load of failures or it evenly cancelling out to having no failures or success; in either case it's still just a failure.

Advantages can still be used even if you fail. You just won't be able to crit or activate an item quality that requires a hit.

I wouldn't go down on points for that long. Only thing I think you can live without is Serissu.

Latts + N'dru
Talonbane
Kavil
Palob or Mux

Throw in upgrades as needed, should be good.

You might be trying to do a little too much. You could drop Boba down to adaptability, 4-LOM, glitterstim for 42 and give the about agromech and deadeye.

What is a good case for just large ships? Right now I got a plastic ammo can and use the plastic the ships came in after trimming it up some but I ran out of room for any more ships

R8 my list for when imp aces comes out

Those Glaive Pilots are begging you for juke

Cathar was not part of the Republic, so the Republic had no obligation and little reason to protect them from the mandos (which is one of the reasons they were attacked). While that's a plausible reason for a cathar to hate the republic, it isn't an entirely rational one.

Any justification for hating the jedi for their lack of intervention is about the same, if not slightly weaker simply because the jedi acted against the mandalorians before the republic did.

Something you should probably hash out with your GM is exactly what happened to the cathar and their homeworld after the mandalorian wars. It was eventually resettled and rebuilt and joined the republic, and the specifics of that could be very relevant.

Any advice on this?
First attempt at building a list, and I'm trying to use just what I've got.
geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel Alliance&d=v4!s!29:18,72:7:15:U.134;86:18,72:7:15:U.11;88:27,-1,23,-1,-1:-1:11:U.74&sn=Unnamed Squadron

New gm and i just finished the beginner box and extra addon adventure for force and destiny. The group all has lightsabers and one is using the sword from the first adventure but im noticing them just breezing through everything with ease and its not making for a very challenging game. Is there a way to ramp up the difficulty a little so its more rewarding when they get their loot and experience?

Give Tycho expert handling over Jake. Jake hates extra stress and can roll anyway. Give Jake Vet Instincts and spring for a proton rocket if points allow.

Keyan with Kyle and Stay on Target could be fun.

>Keyan with Kyle and Stay on Target could be fun.

Not really? Keyan doesn't have much use for Focus tokens. I mean, it MIGHT come up on your one dodge dice, but it's not really worth the points cost.
Stay on Target and Ezra or an Intelligence Agent works better.

Well, I'm sitting at exactly 100 right now.
Swapping Expert Handling for a VI puts me at 99. A procket would put me at 104.
Should I keep or ditch the HLC?
Don't have Stay on Target.

I saw your list and made it better, I think. thoughts from the gallery?

geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel Alliance&d=v4!s!29:18,72:7:15:U.11;86:18,73:7:15:U.27;88:96,-1,22,-1,-1:-1:11:U.40&sn=Unnamed Squadron

so why the tournament winner since like 2013, only have "good" list ? yeah because at equal skill the good list beat the bad list.

Going with a bad list to a tournament is just irrational.

why would you put juke on a ship that can't use it ?

Taking a look through the core book, are there any difficutly terrain style things? Like if my players are trying to cross some large chunks of rubble, should I have them make a roll of some kind not to faceplant or take strain to do so?

He's kind of a drunken Slav so he doesn't have much reason to be reasonable about his hatreds. Still I'd imagine the republic is helping with the resettling and the Jedi did step in before the republic and they're notorious dogooders so he doesn't have much reason to hate either.

I imagine his homeworld is being resettled and he's the product of a refugee culture who wants to get his family back onto the homeworld so he does legbreaker work.

hmm, kinda don't want him to work for huts as that's the go to group. Probably hates trandoshans because they're savage assholes in their native culture. Any other cultures deep in slave trading and slaughter?

Twi'leki are huge into them and at one point attempted genocide.

well one of my party members is a former twilek slave so that could be a complex relationship.

X7 title gives you a free evade token when you do a speed 3 or more move.

>genocide
citation needed famalam

Oola had a half sister and wanted to enslave and exterminate humans Former how? What are the situations of escape, because if you work for hutts it could spook em.

eh, one genocidal twi'lek does not a racial tendency towards killing and skinning people make.

anyways they got some help escaping and had a chance to free the other slaves. I'm unsure if they killed their old master but the other slaves bullied her and made her miserable (she was a jedi youngling who got kidnapped during a field trip and has been enslaved for like 10-15 years) so she left them to be enslaved.

What specialty are they? If they're a warrior or guardian you'll have a tough fight.

I think they're a counselor and I don't intend to fight them anyway. They're the only mechanic we have on hand and I'm pretty sure they're our only pilot so we'll need them for when we get our ship.

oh and I'm a Hired Gun with Marauder and Assassin.

>only mechanic
>only pilot
>jedi

What kind of weapon do they use? Some jedi are nasty with heavy guns

a bowcaster, and we're getting a couple other players anyways so those slots will probably get filled later anyway.

Oh God a bowcaster, how did they manage that?

spending starting XP on money. I'm not worried I've played with them. They're a showboater but they'll relax when they're asked to.

Showboater how?

as in they like to do awesome stuff and build characters for it and put more planning into it than other people do.

Anyone here experienced with the RPG'S?

The beginner boxes look neat and a really easily accessible way to get your normal friends to play a rpg (my plan). How is it once you get into the actual campaign books? Are they pre-made adventures like D&D and The One Ring, etc. or does the GM have to create everything?

I ask because this will be my first experience as a GM, and as far as story goes, I'd like my hand held.

I wish I had players that did that.

the beginner boxes come with a pre-gen adventure, but there are also several stand-alone adventure books you can buy (or grab from the pastebin) that are considerably longer and more detailed

the career books also have some further ideas for specific encounters

> (You)
>the beginner boxes come with a pre-gen adventure

Yep looking forward to that.

>the career books also have some further ideas for specific encounters
>ideas

So you have to make up the story and encounters?

that's kind of the standard with P&P games famalam. Even D&D's premade adventures are meant to be sold alongside GM toolkits for making adventures.

Give examples, this sounds like a storytime

In shadowrun they played an AI that hacked a satellite, used it to conduct a homicide of around 50 people with their car. They turned around and sold that car to their fixer along with the sim sense data that became BLT (better-than-life chips, addictive VR) that they got royalty payments on. (the 50 people they killed were vodoo shamans and their body guards inciting a riot)

Later they stole the access codes for a satellite, sold the codes to a security corp and a couple crime families and then bypassed my bossfight by asking the security corp and crime families to use their newly acquired fleet of aircraft and warships to sink their ship.