You are the newly crowned King / Queen of the Elves

You are the newly crowned King / Queen of the Elves.

Your General who is also your personal guardian, seneschal, companion and best friend/lover has had great grievances against orc kind for the slaughter of many elves past and present, including his close kin and the burning of ancestral elven homes, dwellings, and the desecration of the dead.

The orcs have for the longest time been under the rulership of a reincarnating bloody orc warlord, and not even the elves can remember what the orcs were like before this figure took command, if they were at all any different.

After a terrifying battle which risked the future of your people, through the tactics and battle prowess of your General, you prevailed, killing permanently the orc warlord. Your General now calls for the immediate extermination of all orcs in their homesteads. Every last orc, including the non combatants and children. A thorough extermination.

If you refuse, he will likely abandon you and order his men to do this action regardless, which will likely require that you imprison/banish your most brilliant and powerful ally and draw grievance within your own people.

If you permit him this action, you possibly lose an unknown new race as an ally that is now free from an oppressive warlord that you might use to your advantage later on as well as condone genocide against individuals who had only an indirect contribution of manufacturing arms and children and otherwise supporting the war effort against your people.

What action do you choose?

Kill the orcs. You know what you got, but not what you will get. Making things workout with the orcs is going to take efforts in the future and any outcome is uncertain.

Slaughter them all user!

And use the warlords body to try and unlock the mystery of reincarnation.

Because you know, when the assassin's come knocking, you might as well invite them for tea, because they can't do jack shit.

>condone genocide against individuals who had only an indirect contribution of manufacturing arms and children and otherwise supporting the war effort against your people.
If they didn't actively work against it then they condoned it and can be held as responsible as those who carried a sword. Kill the men and children, leave the women as play things for our troops, then dispose of them when finished.
Now the question becomes, what to do about these uppity humans?

It sounds like my actual choices are either
1. Have her quietly assassinated and spin story of how she succumbed to her wounds and the erect a monument in her honor, assuming I have sufficiently loyal operatives that would do this for me. Otherwise her position following the battle will be strong enough to ignore whatever I say or make a coup and have me removed from the equation.

2. Keep quiet and let her go through with the genocide.

I guess I'd just condemn the war crime but do nothing to actually stop it and then descend into depression and alcoholism.

What you're telling me is I have a hot elf boy, totally loyal to me, and also all orcs die? There is no downside.

We won't kill them. We dismantle them. Kill their warlords,their chieftains and their orogs. We round them up into work camps and we see if that we can civilize them. If we can't do it only then we'll liquidate them.

Spare orcs to ensure we learn immortality technique.

Then kill orcs.

> Manufacturing children

Nice justification there.

Kill the orcs. They're just orcs, it's not like they provide a benefit to the ecology. Killing them also gives or troops much needed xp so they can fight bigger stuff.

Never understood the moral handwringing people do about killing a chaotic evil race.

While the political fallout will be problematic, the General has to go. Not sure what to do about the orc situation yet (immediate genocide isn't an option tho), but I'll definitely get rid of the commander. Killing him is preferable to sending him away - the military might ally itself around him against me.

Also, his pro-genocide sentiments would likely prevent me from getting too close with him.

I didn't even read the OP and I have to agree with the other anons. Kill the orcs.

Children are a key component in genocide user. Can't kill them all if children survive to become vengeance paladins amidst a team of murderhobos.

That would be funny, though a bit of a cliche.

Time for orc genocide.

No, seriously - Why is this even a question? Do you know what happened to the orcs in Lord of the Rings? Aragorn wiped them out, and he did it with a clean conscience.

Just kill 'em all. Wipe out all the males, and - If you don't have it in you to kill children and women - allow them to live peacefully as long as they're sterilized. Don't get fancy, you want to wipe them out as quickly and humanely as possible.

Meh, I'm not giving up my slutty elf waifu for some shitty Orcs so the Orc Genocide has my full support.

yall niggers almost got wipe out and barely made it just scraping by a killing blow on the guy who might be the only thing pushing the Orcs to slaughter you "yea i know where fucked but lets wipe them out im sure we got this" that fucking retarded. i would sell Elves to the Orcs and ally with them and abuse my shit race of people that i became king of

i dont think you would stand a chance of wiping them out you would Genocide your own race against a wall of Orc flesh just for your elf fag lover.

pic related

i say its time to bring an End to your Elf kindom let the Human empire rein. the Orc will crush you the humans will enslave you the drwarfs will send you into the mines. Death to the Elf king

Pic related. its your king

>this is what humans actually believe

Elves don't??

Pretty much this, just kill all orcs.

is a Waifu suppose to be a girl? your Elves so shouldnt it be something like Husbanifu

your Waifu is mine now bitch,

Just thinking for a second that at least half of the posts here may be their posters real opinions, projected unto a hypothetical situation, leaves me terrified. HFY and 40k are fucking cancer.

Orcs are not people therefore it is ok to kill them.

Death to the orcs!

Order the extermination. Elves are the Firstborn and the lords of this earthly domain. All others are but insects compared to our majesty.

Also make sure that the general knows that despite his prowess, you are his liege, and he would better remember that, no matter your personal relationship.

Sorta related, but does anyone have the story of the Half-Orc, self hating Paladin and the genocidal Dwarf. The two happily slay orcs all day while the pally never removes his helmet, protecting his identity from dwarfbro?

Wouldn't the prudent thing be to wipe the orcs out? They'll likely still be extremely warlike, and probably vengeful too after their reincarnating warlord got shrekt by the elves. Either that or be like and assassinate your general.

>Dwarf King of the Elves
Allow the general to do as he wants & send Dwarves when the general fucks up.

If possible, keep a few orcs for research and torture.

If not, kill them all. The General doesn't even need to threat to leave for me to come to this conclusion.

The point is that genociding the orcs would just continue this idiotic cycle of genocide forward and genocide back. The thing is that the Orcs are in a position to be reeducated to our style of thinking and the general is a threat of that. If I have her killed, she'll wind up has a hero and the people would support her. Has cruel has this is, I'll have to call the general out on a date or something. While that is happening, I'll have a small team of crooks who will be hired thru a middle man, break into her apartment with a spare key and start putting in has much anti-goverment propaganda in her apartment. Then when she is about to go home, the guard will be called to the apartment for 'suspicious activity.' She gets caught with revolutionary paper and flags spread all over her apartment, she gets arrested and executed within the week for being a rebel.

Tell the general that Genocide/Versailles treatments never work, and only serve as justification for other nations to destroy you to and to harbor refugees to plot revenge.

Instead, I appoint him to a non-combat position in my cabinet, inactive an Orc-Marshal plan, and provide massive amounts of reconstruction and reeducation services for the conquered Orcs so theyll eventually become loyal subjects who serve diligently out of a shame and desire to right the wrongs and guilt of their forbares. Of course having a strong military police force present to quietly and discreetly route active remnants of the old regime won't hurt either

After a few years and a settled infrastructure, we set our sights on integrating other neighboring kingdoms in similar manners.

Now our nation is stronger, we have more territory, infrastructure and resources, both physical and labor, and with only minimal loss of population and quality of life for my people.

I'm pretty sure that the idea of killing all orcs is exactly for the purpose of ending the cicle of revenge, as with all of them dead they can't continue it. (If we suppouse that ghosts won't play a role, that is).

Approve of the decision. We have struck a mighty blow against our ancient foe and now it is time to press our efforts until we reach their total destruction. Failure to do so will likely result in another Warlord appearing some time in the future and the cycle continuing on. As Queen I can not allow this to occur. There is not a single reason that I should have any mercy upon these people beyond conjecture and a moral grievance no orc has ever indicated to care about and likely never will.

Yeah because that worked so well for Australia.

Sometimes genocide is the best option.
You might as well invite the human and dwarf nations to participate in the Orc extermination since they have probably been raided as well.
Offer them parts of the conquered lands as well.

Order him to kill all fighting men and women, and all men of fighting age. Tell him if he kills non-combatants that it would break my heart and shit, not just when I have him publicly executed, but when I lay alone at night pining for him. Have a puppet leader installed until it's clear whether the orcs are civil or not.

The difference is that you don't hole them away on reservations like an idiot where they'll just stew in their despair and hatred, and do nothing but subsist on subsidies

Just do what America did to Japan postWWII. At worst you'll have a generation of Orcish NEETs

If you wipe them all out, they'll never be able to genocide back. It's like the Israelis and the Palestinians: The Israelis have crushed the Palestinians and are slowly, gradually squeezing them out of existence. The day will come when the Palestinians are extinct, and perhaps it will be within my lifetime.

With orcs? It would take a decade at most to wipe them all out. Just be relentless about it. Orcs aren't stand-ins for any other ethnic group, and people mostly hate orcs. They also can't blend in with the population, and have a long history of rape and plunder.

You could eradicate them in a few years at most.

Genocide the Elves

I wonder why he/she is even asking, because I am pretty sure we discussed this at the start of the war. Seems pretty incompetent of me as a ruler to appoint someone as lead general who doesn't have the same objectives as I do.

ALL HAIL FREURINDILILIFR THE BEARDED

I would dissaude my general from genocide and appeal to their desire for revenge by not only having the orcs as a servitor race but upon conquering the humans we force them to co-habitat and eventually mix blood and breed with one another, we will destroy both humans and orcs by mixing their blood and creating a new race born under our teachings who will be loyal and good citizens.

Humanity and Orcs will no longer exist under our program.

well normally i'm pretty firmly against genocide. But then again, it sounds like the orcs have been doing nothing but work towards the destruction of the elves for as long as anyone can remember.

that's not going to stop now that there immortal leader is gone, they were all still raised to hate the elves and seek there destruction. They are just going to be a lot less unified about it for the near future.

the orcs forced the elves into a war of annihilation, it's tragic but if the elves aren't willing to do what must be done to win the war they will eventually lose it through attrition.

>ITT

kill the orcs. Its what people do. by the way they are uhly and not worth my time.

I order my mages to make an Orb of Orc Kind. Now they are forever enslaved.

Warcraft 3 proved this strategy doesn't work. Internment camps don't work long-term

This analogy doesn't work because 1) Israelis aren't trying to genocide Palestinians and 2) Palestinians are actually the fastest growing group in Israel. Demographics suggest that actually the Jews are going to go extinct.

Orcs are not just another race of humans. They're completely different, they will always be different, they can never be truly integrated into any human or elven society. History is a powerful thing, they will always know they're a conquered people and they'll push back. That's not even including settings where orcs are intrinsically evil. If you're the ruler of a country, then you're supposed to do what's best for your country and in this case, it's either set up an expensive integration project that will inevitably fail and cost the lives of your citizens in the meantime or they could be genocided.

Offer a peace offering of great tapestries and nice warm bed sheets.

After first giving all your people cow pox.

Then getting someone with small pox to infect that gifted cloth.

Poison all their wells.

Blight their crops.

Give it enough time to fuck them up good and proper and whilst the are mewling around and dying in their own shit go in a slaughter them all to the last man woman and child and throw the bodies into big lime pits.

Burn their cities, pull down their walls, desecrate their holy sites and don't stop swinging that axe until every one of those fuckers is dead.

They thought that they were the "great warrior race"? Bitch please. This is not going to be a war. It's pest extermination.