/wfg/ - Warhammer Fantasy General:

Warhammer Fantasy/The 9th Age General: "where do orcs come from" edition

Previous thread: >Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy
mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook (Hardback).pdf (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)

>1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy (All pages marked WF on the Veeky Forums wiki)

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page (Warhammer Fantasy wiki)
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (Warhammer Fantasy wiki)
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki (Warhammer Online wiki - game is not dead: see returnofreckoning.com/ for details.)

>Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
pastebin.com/0e6RuQux

>Endhammer
1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
the-ninth-age.com
1d4chan.org/wiki/The_9th_Age

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

>Third Party Miniature manufactures
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

Other urls found in this thread:

bloodofkittens.com/art/category/karl-kopinski/
gitzmansgallery.com/warhammer-maps.html
youtube.com/watch?v=skFKNudZuWM
blacklibrary.com/all-products/tales-from-the-archive-grail-knight.html
khorne.ru/2nd/wfrp_web/
ultraforgeminiatures.com/?page_id=60
youtube.com/watch?v=hOEC8WbONuU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Can you guys help me find high quality Karl Kopinski artwork?

I want to create a mod which adds them to the loading screens and menus in TW:WH.

I don't want to be that guy, but isn't a two second google search enough? bloodofkittens.com/art/category/karl-kopinski/

For the rest of the thread, on a whim I 'created' a character I probably won't ever use in my WFRP campaigns as a DM, unless my group ever ventures through the Realm of Chaos and needs to burn Fate Points.

>>Despite his name, the Chaos Knight is an implacable enemy of the minions of the Dark Gods. Such is his prowess he strikes fear into the fearless. He wears armour, seemingly plate, of green and glossy blue. Such is his strength that no defence is possible. His anger is immeasurable, his constitution is without equal, his lust for vengeance is unparalleled, and his hope is without quantity. He is the enemy of the four brothers. He is their Doom.
>Special Rules: Dominating the Indomitable - The Chaos Knight strikes fear into those who cannot feel it. Lesser Daemons suffer from Terror whilst in his presence, Greater Daemons suffer Fear.

I asked because I remembered him doing a lot more than what google image search revealed. Although I now realize that's because I was remembering artwork by Adrian Smith, not Kopinski. Pic related.

Too many great artist to mention. No one can be worse than John Blance. Unless he does backgrounds, then he's good.

>playing total warhammer
>playing as empire
>mannfred and heinrich make an incursion into my territory with massive armies
>manage to wound heinrich with an agent before the battle
>go in with karl franz and balthazar, have a 3rd army but it's too far to make it in time
>vampire counts have 4 armies against my 2 but my units have a veterancy advantage
>underestimate their numbers when the batlte starts
>formation holding them off decently but starting to worry
>balthazar's army came in from a shitty spawn point and will take a while to make it to the main fighting
>karl leading from the frontlines to keep up morale but getting swarmed
>dealing with flanking bats attacking my reiksguard
>Gelt's army finally arrives to relieve some of the tension, he had mortars and shit
>decide i've got one shot at this and karl takes off on his pegasus to seek out manny von cuntstain at the back of the legions of undead
>savage duel ensues but THE EMPIRE ENDURES
>tired soldiers fighting a suicidal battle to enable this final gambit thank sigmar as the endless ranks of the dead begin falling apart without the dark magic to sustain them

fuck that was some hype shit, love this game. Shit was coop too, had my buddy controlling gelt's forces. Light wizards are the shit btw, Pha's protection and that net spell to stop enemy cav charges can seriously turn the worst of tides

Total War: Warhammer is the fastest selling Total War title and will soon be one of the best selling Total War games of all time.

GW done fucked up.

It's just a fad.

that scene always tickled me, Like, How the fuck did aragon know to place his army on the only stable bit of land?

Or was it neumonorean magic keeping them up?

What about the orcs that were right on the edge of the cliff, all scared shitless? did they just get punted in?

Yeah it was incredibly convenient wasn't it. I mean you see some soldiers running back to the side that isn't crumbling too so I guess they just overextended. Surely some of them didn't make it. Kinda fucked up

muh 2nd sylvanian

Where can I find some more really high-res and detailed maps of the Warhammer Fantasy world? Google isn't really helping me much in that regard.

>really high-res
gitzmansgallery.com/warhammer-maps.html

That's absolutely beautiful.

I am fully erect now.

Thank you, user.

>not liking John Blanche

I like it!

He's extremely hit or miss for me.
Quite a lot of his (mostly early) stuff is just simply unappealing to me, even ugly, but then there are pieces that just make me all tingly inside.

His art for the Daemons was the best.

The early stuff was 10/10 most of the time.

I'm not going to agree but I'm glad you feel that way, user.
>that fucking bat
Magnificent bastard.

Hello Slav.

>quoting GW's retarded reasoning for not investing more into vidya is being Slav

i did it whfbg
i finally found a 9th age group

I think that's a sarcastic joke about Kirby saying video games are a fad in the early 2000's.

Cool! Post some batreps when you get a chance, and have fun.

Sickly, sinful, spectacles stand, shuffle, shamble and saunter shamelessly in mine scandalized sight! I suggest a solution...

Surely such sedition should sour and succumb to Sigvald-the salacious, scandalous and sensational servant of Slaanesh! Son of Succubi, scion of sordid acts and slayer of squalid serfs!

See how I stroll, stride, swagger and swirl, spin, slash and stab at stupid, senseless scum! Soon they shall swoon, shall seek solace and death from sundry torments wrought on them by my strategic, severing, scintillating shower of shimmering strikes!

Send for the sword-summon Sliverslash!

youtube.com/watch?v=skFKNudZuWM

I love this sexy senseless bastard.

That speech needs V's passion.

I have a question about a BL book in whfb

It has to do with a bretonnian knight whose wife walks into the fucking wood elf forest and he goes in to rescue her and ends up becoming a grail knight.
It was a pretty neat story
anyone got a name?

I might be looking right at it and not seeing it (derp), but is any one of those a pdf of the 2nd ed Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay?

please respond

This?

blacklibrary.com/all-products/tales-from-the-archive-grail-knight.html

Is it just me, or do Kerillian and Bardin have a sort of 'vitriolic fuckbuddies' thing going on.

CAN I RECOMMEND 'CHAOS SLAYER?'

I news art of dragon ogres, will give memes for rare pics

I think she's more into Sienna.
Bardin is kind of undorfy though, he acts like the big brother to the whole group.

Nobody likes Victor though.

Only in the minds of those who expected everyone who wasn't already into Fantasy would become a convert once they picked the game up.

The game has been out a week and even diehard pro-Fantasy places like Whineseer have been quiet on the anecdote front.

GW will cash their royalty checks and and enjoy the possible minor boost to sales of Fantasy books available via Black Library and life will continue on.

I really did like how the bestiary in both the Daemon and Vampire Counts army books consisted solely of his art.

Does anyone have a mediafire link or anything to the second ed WHFBRP?

>you will never be one of the remaining living, unchanged sylvanian gentry in an isolated boggy fiefdom stoicly leal to your von carstein overlords in a resigned way, unwilling to break the familial oathes of your ancestors to serve their line while equally unwilling to embrace the kiss of undeath

To be fair, the feeling is mutual.

Who is this semen demon? The drawstyle looks a bit like ModeSeven, but I'm not sure.

new fag here My local GW only has AoS figures.Can you use AoS figures for Fantasy?

It was magic yes.

No. Though you can use Fantasy for AoS as I understand it.

Yeah, it's Mr. Mouthboob.

Most of the new AoS models do not work in Fantasy unless you proxy them as something else.

Most most AoS models are Fantasy models on the wrong bases. Fantasy required square bases, bases don't matter in AoS but they started repacking them with round bases for no reason.

So you need square bases and some of the new models do not fit on them. Otherwise, AoS works.

Damn, I'm good. Wish he would do more worksafe stuff, his style is super cute.

Any model from any company works as long as it fits on the correct base size.

Age models do not come with square bases, so you'll need to get some separately.

>but they started repacking them with round bases for no reason.

The reason is likely that the Designers feel that the models look better on round bases, same reason while Space Marines got bumped up to 32mm.

Another possible reason is that it allows them to gradually cut back on the number of square bases they have to make, none of their games now make use of a square base. The repacks are also about sometimes changing the number of figures you get and updating the box.

Less likely is that they may be trying to gradually phase out square bases so that measuring from the base becomes an option in AoS. Though considering that GW has had a policy that you can use whatever version of a model as long as they made it, even if it's smaller, I'm not really sure about this.

wud u pat a skaven?

...d...does that Rat have tits?

yurp. TItty rats coming from holes in the ground

Anyone? Am thirsty. Also curious.

It's all also in the OP desu senpai.

khorne.ru/2nd/wfrp_web/

Looking to do 9th Age.

What would Nagash and the Mortarchs be fielded as? I can't find anything like them in the rulebook.

Thank you

Why would it not?

It feels so satisfying that I got a complete nezumi collection in L5R. Another good fucking game that got fucked up by its publisher and got the axe. The same year as WHFB, even. Fuck 2015

>Another good fucking game that got fucked up by its publisher and got the axe.
Oh fug, another one gone while I wasn't paying attention?

>L5R is now just a "LCG"

Iirc, the bretonnians were already horsemen basing their culture on high elf ruins before they started worshiping the lady. What if they had been a heavy infantry tribe instead? What would bretonnia look like if instead of Knights they were badass infantry?

>you will never have a taboo sexual relationship with a Skaven tsundere girl

They'd Swordmasters instead of Silver Helms. They'd be gold and silver Warriors of Chaos.

They'd be the same, just with less horses.

The problem is Skaven canonically have no positive human emotions. They really do only feel hate, fear, anger, jealousy, paranoia, and probably heartbreak.

But since people see parallels by the kind of madness that rats who are born in massive overpopulation have in Skaven, its possible you could have a Skaven waifu if you got a broodmother and some male amputees to get semen from and produce a few generations of Skaven born in open fields and worship of (non-Chaos deity).

Since it's very likely Skaven are the result of normal rats transmuted by Warpstone, no amount of nurture may be able to change them.

What does Veeky Forums think of the new paints? Any reviews on the gemstone one? Could you add other paint to mix a new color for like carnelian and stuff?

>mfw browsing the Games Workshop catalog for more models for my Sylvan Elves

Anyone know what model the tree woman is?

Their physical appearance is definitely the result of warpstone/magycke, but their behaviour is really like what the other user pointed out, a mirror of real life rats in case of overpopulation. Get rid of that and it's possible they could be less insane.

ultraforgeminiatures.com/?page_id=60

I'm honestly pretty excited for them. I've got a bunch of Necrons I need to paint so these came along just in time for me to get off my lazy ass and get started on them. I like the metallic/blue one and the glosses look awesome, but I haven't tried any of them yet.

Awesome, thank you!
That'll be my Durthu. I found it odd the tiny ones were all female and the big ones were male.

I'll have to give it a jagged Dryad mouth though.

What's the difference between the old and new metallics? They look the same to me.

Going by the examples in WD, the glosses seem like an improvement if you want to keep a metallic shine.

There's a valid point that can be argued either way.

According to Skaven Heraldry Clan Mange is the most loyal Skaven, and don't backstab because they're mercenaries who are entirely loyal to employers. They are also bald.

So Skaven who are bald are closer to human? Or with their lifestyle as wanderers found in as bodyguards to the highest positions of society, or otherwise are always on the move, are just the least exposed to Warpstone and the frantic life of overpopulation and no privacy others suffer?

>Coming out with the best gold and gem paint after squatting Tomb Kings

Its like Games Workshop doesn't like success. Like whenever they have a good idea and write it down, someone comes in and says "This looks too good, I'd better muck it up a bit" and scrawls some sabotage steps.

>So Skaven who are bald are closer to human?
They are sigmarites who want to receive Sigmar's blessings easier.

>Trusting the bald ones

You're falling for their trap.

I'd say not much beyond the pigments in them, these ones are less metallic looking and more colored/glossy. Plus the blue/green ones look more vibrant and the orange-y one looks like another copper. Like I said, though I haven't used them at all so they might look different actually using them. The layer ones definitely look nice, especially the gold on the Necron in the far back.

Another brave son of Sigmar. Karl Franz not Boris Todbringer, ok.

"Hey, kid, wanna ss?"

If you want a "good" skaven, the best idea is to run him like Gollum: spiteful and wicked, but also pathetic and perhaps fawningly loyal to a truly kind, giving soul...at least for a little while, until his baser nature wins out.

>GW has become more open to reprinting their old material in both paper and electronic forms.
>Fantasy being scrapped means that the chances of Liber Chaotica, Liber Necris, etc being reprinted is drastically lower.

Honestly I'd imagine that Skaven are already pretty damaged by Warpstone and that taking them away from it may not do much if anything.

To be fair, gold and gems are not exactly things unique to the Tomb Kings. Various 40k models use gold as spot color or as a large part of a model, the posterboy for the Stormcast is gold and blue, the Craftworld Eldar heavily feature gems on their models and the WD even mentioned that you could use it for stuff like Space Marine helmet lenses.

I think most people want Empire Free Company as ratmen. Not sure how you'd achieve that other than by going Eilistraee and giving them a god who isn't evil for a heresy to occur.

Wait do they not sell ANY tombkings models anymore?

Outside of TW:WH Toddbringer and Franz never seemed to have all that huge a rivalry.

>Wait do they not sell ANY tombkings models anymore?

No

>Wait do they not sell ANY tombkings models anymore?
There's rumors there's be a new Tomb Kings-like faction given that an upcoming book features a Bone Giant in some form, since the writer leaked that info.

But generally speaking no. Whatever comes out will not be Tomb Kings, it will be overdesigned Age of Sigmar garbage that worships Nagash as a god.

They don't make Bretonnia models either.

Nagash is not automatically worshiped as a god in AoS.

The recent AoS lore for ghouls has some Ghoul Kings worshiping him while the vast majority hate or fear him and do their damnedest to put space between themselves and him. The reason why Nagash is so intent on discovering their primogenitor (Hinted or stated to be Ushoran) is because he believes Ushoran is the key to getting all ghouls to fall under his thrall.

Assuming GW makes new Tomb Kings and they're for the most part those that existed in Fantasy I could easily see a split between those who want nothing to do with Nagash and those who bend the knee because they believe he is their rightful ruler after defeating Settra in combat.

Ugh, if they release Settra or Khalida or Apophas or whoever they want to bring back, it'll be another over-designed $80 kit.

Nito Settra. Snake construct Khalida. Apophas the size of a Titan.

They haven't done special characters (yet?). Would cause IP problems.

Look at how combined profiles work in the main rulebook though. I could see both proxied by vampire lords on big nasties. Nagash = Wizard Bloodline + Zombiedragon maybe.

is this calculated as d% or literally 2d10?

>Nito Settra.
10/10, would buy

Rats are actually quite cooperative.

youtube.com/watch?v=hOEC8WbONuU

in this case literally 2d10, starting characters are relatively weak, so having any given attribute around 30-ish is normal

I wish Vermintide had modding support. I love the characters, setting and atmosphere, but I dislike hack and slash gameplay. If I could, I would change the combat to make each Skaven more inclined to block and parry, give them more hitpoints and make fewer of them appear at once. I'd also make their attacks more lethal so that parrying, blocking and dodging are essential.

So... Skaven Dark Souls?

>I'd also make their attacks more lethal so that parrying, blocking and dodging are essential.

Are you playing Easy - Hard? If you get hit on cata you'll be down ~1/3 health.

Yes, that's exactly what I want.