MTG Pauper Genral: I'm on a train edition

Can someone give me some critique my combo goblin deck?
Creatures:
4x Goblin Bushwhacker
4x Mogg War Marshal
4x Goblin Electromancer
Instant/ Sorcery:
4x Brightstone Ritual
4x Dragon Fodder
4x Krenko's Command
4x Battle Hymm
4x Manamorphose
4x Keep Watch
4x Distant Melody
Land:
4x Island
4x Swiftwater Cliffs
12x Mountain

Other urls found in this thread:

deckstats.net/decks/65794/500905-bg-elvish-pauper
deckstats.net/decks/65794/500933-bg-graveride-pauper
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If you explain what it is it tries to do and how it beats delver and stompy

What about Goblin Freerunner?

I would run 4x goblin matron and only a single bushwhacker. Probably you want to run preordain and maybe ponder as well to look for the combo pieces.

I would probably look at the old goblin matron lists and see what you can do from that. Otherwise, that looks like a sort of fun combo.

The way to deck wins is by amounting a large amount of goblins, using Melody and keep watch to draw out the deck. Then using Hymm and Brightstone to mana ramp into more goblins card draw of walkers and swing in for massive damage. As for Freerunner, I don't have him in so that I can run Electromancers to help reduce the cost of my draw engine

I would run that, but the only goblin cards I'm running are not vital to winning, they just help get there. As long as I can make a good amount of token and kick a Bushwhacker I'll be good. But I want more then one just incase I need a second one.

With the exception of Bushwhacker

I agree, Goblin matron and probably 2 sparksmiths.

OP maybe run this as a start:

4x goblin matron
4x goblin war marshal
4x goblin electromancer
3x goblin sparksmith
3x goblin bushwhacker
4x dragon fodder
2x krenko's command

4x brightstone ritual
4x battle hymn
4x lightning bolt
4x preordain
3x distant melody

I get what you want to do with distant melody, but it's kindof clunky with it costing 4. You HAVE to combo into even casting it, so you will probably not ever hit it as just a draw spell because it's so easy to disrupt this combo.

Counterspell is legal in the format, and there's duress and pyroblast out of the sideboard.

I would suggest you try to go for a hybrid between your combo idea and an aggressive goblin token deck. That way you can still apply pressure even if you get countered when trying to go off.

Just ritualing out a bunch of tokens should probably be a pretty good tempo swing, as long as you find a _reliable_ way of reloading your hand.

You can't go all in on the combo because the combo isn't good enough to go all in on, and you need the consistency to not lose to yourself.

Goblin matron can search up other copies of goblin matron, so you run it as a sort of goblin squadron hawk that can also tutor.

Matron -> matron -> matron -> matron -> bushwhacker is 10 haste damage if you can pay the RRRRR9 upfront cost. But generating retarded amounts of mana is sort of the idea of the rituals no?

>found a format where the only restrictions are Legacy banlist and can finally play Acid Trip because paper pauper is fucking dead

I really do like the list and the deck has been able to net me 11+ red mana off 1 Brightstone. I'm going to test is out and see how it goes, thank you for the tips and ideas

What do you think about tarfire over lighting bolt just for the deft it can be tutored for?

Fact*

Do people still play tribal or rainbow stairwell?

What is rainbow stair well?

Why would anyone ever play rainbow stairwell?

You play six cards of each color with an increasing manager cost of 1-6, also six artifacts/colorless spells increasing 1-6 mana cost

That's sound fun, do you have a deck list?

So I have tried to get my shit together and managed to make these two decks

deckstats.net/decks/65794/500905-bg-elvish-pauper
//Lands
8 Forest
4 Jungle Hollow
4 Swamp
2 Tranquil Thicket

//Spells
4 Disfigure
4 Might of the Masses
4 Night's Whisper

//Creatures
4 Elvish Vanguard
2 Eyeblight Assassin
2 Ezuri's Archers
4 Llanowar Elves
2 Lys Alana Huntmaster
4 Thornbow Archer
4 Timberwatch Elf
4 Wellwisher
4 Wirewood Herald

//Sideboard
SB: 2 Lys Alana Huntmaster
SB: 4 Ivy Lane Denizen
SB: 2 Ezuri's Archers
SB: 2 Tranquil Thicket
SB: 2 Forest

deckstats.net/decks/65794/500933-bg-graveride-pauper
//Lands
1 Fertile Thicket
5 Forest
3 Jungle Hollow
2 Mortuary Mire
10 Swamp

//Spells
4 Ghoulcaller's Chant
4 Grisly Salvage
4 Innocent Blood
4 Mulch
3 Night's Whisper

//Creatures
2 Ghoulraiser
4 Gurmag Angler
4 Pharika's Chosen
2 Returned Centaur
4 Satyr Wayfinder
2 Sultai Scavenger
2 Tilling Treefolk

//Sideboard
SB: 4 Hooting Mandrills
SB: 1 Swamp
SB: 1 Night's Whisper
SB: 4 Disfigure
SB: 2 Undergrowth Scavenger
SB: 3 Forest

With eternal masters now I have access to cheap innocent blood, night's whisper and can use elvish vanguard in elf deck.
Need more tips about picking cards that actually work with these decks

Not a complete one but...
Green
Oran Reid survivalist
Tajuru stalwart
Jogara bard
Tajuru path warden
Tajuru beast master
Still need a one drop
Black
Kalastria healer
Vampire envoy
Zulaport chain mage
Kalastria night watch
Still need a one and six drop
White
Cliff side lookout
Ondu war cleric
Makindi patrol
Spawnbinder mage
Need a five and six drop
Red
Zada's commando
Akoum flame seeker
Ondu champion
Shaterskull recruit
Need a six and one drop
Blue
Coral helm guide
Orrdu raptor(still need to get)
Need Tue rest
Colorless
Stonework puma
Everything that's not a three drop negotiable.

Could probably be good yeah. You would probably just run 2 of them though. Or maybe just one?

How set in stone are you on GB?

Never played it before
Whole life I was a WB/WG player and want to try something new. I was always playing with tokens and lifegain and really want to try some graveyard shenanigans.
Elves are BG because I don't like mono decks and don't want to play another WG deck

It might be a stupid question but I have to ask - is there any deck that can be used as "training dummy"?
Something easy but enduring, that allows me to try my deck tempo, efficiency etc

Stompy.

Goblins

Caw blade.

Monoblack midrange and delver

weenies

So, all of the meta decks.

if you cant beat t1 decks youre gunna have a bad time.

Yes, that's why my post was affirmative, not a question.

Now I understand why pauper is dead.

>Waaaah I can't beat meta decks with my brew and so pauper is a dead format.
Go and stay go.

Show me this part of my post where I forbid you to play with meta decks or whatever you want

>Deck must be tested and run against T1 decks to see success in the format
>Now I see why pauper is dead
You implied, if X then Y and I said you're a crybaby fag for calling a format dead because it has a meta with tiers.

>No fun allowed
Still don't see this in my post, user

Format is dead, and typically people don't have to much fun with dead things unless their necrophiliacs or cooks. That said it was more or less the first fitting image I saw and so I used it, not every image is deep and meaningful autist-kun.

>Format is dead, and typically people don't have to much fun with dead things unless their necrophiliacs or cooks
It's just your opinion man

>That said it was more or less the first fitting image I saw and so I used it, not every image is deep and meaningful autist-kun.
Again, it is just your opinion about what I have posted, not what I actually posted - stay salty brave warrior

>Just your opinion
You posted that because of the fact there's a meta the format is dead. That is factually wrong. You're allowed to be wrong user, just don't try to say it's someone else's opinion that you're wrong when there's a factual basis to deny your claims.
Also it's just your opinion is not an argument user, it's an attempt to seek the middle ground in a conflict of views rather than resolving them.

You aren't the sharpest tool in the shed, huh. Did you eat paint as a child?

If you want a meta that is forced to change every few months for you to dump money into fuck off to Standard you retarded fucking ape.

>Being this mad
It's not even funny at this point

So - which reprint pleased you the most?

Reprint or downshift? I really want a good mono white deck, but I dont know if we're there yet.

>Monowhite
>Red flashback cost
user I...

Ancestral Mask and Abundant Growth.

>Reprint or downshift
Both I mean

Oh sorry, I was thinking about the elite vanguard downshift.

Would a RG domain deck with kird ape and nacatl be viable? I saw some speculation on using nyleas presence and tribal flames.

How would you do a Pauper Zoo deck? Naya colors or Gruul colors?

I think you would have to run it two colored, like 50/50 split? Maybe 4x evolving wilds and a single plains for nacatl?

Maybe throw in 2-3 Lush Growths as well

If you go all in on domain, sure.

Domain? I'm not sure what that is, sorry.

A mechanic where something gets boosted based on the amount of basic land types you have.

Oh, that's pretty cool actually.

Thank's for replies. I was thinking about something different but this might be actually only decent way to test it