Your favorite PC

What's your favorte tabletop/pen-and-paper character that you ever made? The one whose concept, backstory, or adventures you enjoyed more than all the rest.

Tell us about 'em.

Oh god I can't. I've written so much post-game fan fiction about them and that group. THEY CAN NEVER KNOW.

A 6'5" Half Orc Fighter. He had a short temper and was a brutal fighter.
Every time the party would reach a new culture or city, he would search the market for, or commission a merchant to make, a trinket or keepsake that he would bring back to his wife and two children so they could see all places he had traveled.
He would also occasionally make terrible dad jokes and be furious when no one laughed.

I really want to bring him back at some point. He was so fun to play.

>pic related: his character portrait

But we can.

>"Visit tranquil and historic BOG OF THE FIRE LIZARDS"

No, they read Veeky Forums. It is impossible.
They can never know the dark depths that I have made their characters endure in my mind. \\

Mine was a tall, civilized ratkin warrior (and pretty blatant love letter to Final Fantasy IX) who ran a winery and whose adventure was mostly an effort to gather up gold for his (offscreen) family and retirement.

Ended up reprising him for another campaign with the same DM after the first group fell apart. Maybe this time he'll finally be able to introduce the group to his wife and kids...

I always sit down after every game session and write a lurid and erotic edited version of the events that transpired. None of my players know that their characters are featured in a sexy and fetishistic alternate universe version of their game..

Orc-todad. I like it.

I love Tales of Alethrion. Naturally, The Reward is the best. As for me, I really haven't done much serious roleplaying, just some trash on Fabletop and a few games of the DM's homebrew system with a group of chudds I met online. Of those that I have done, I guess my favorite was a technofetishist ghoul doctor in a London Fallout setting on Fabletop. Was pretty fun and I was sad when he died to a bandit's gatling gun. My fault for making him a glass cannon though.

MFW my players fought a giant tentacle monster last night. I could so easily turn that into erotica.

I love to play what I call the Starnes archetype.

A character named Starnes who is some form of pilot in a modern/scifi setting, or some kind of solider in the fantasy.

He has a strong sense of right and wrong, and uses his skills to help those in need.

Unfortunately he always has some kind of flaw, once it was wild stubbornness, once it was alcoholism due to wartime trauma, and once it was just plain cowardice.

I like to think that the three Starneses I've played so far are related in some fashion.

Mine is without a doubt my half vamp flind gnoll named Donk.
I've played him in four different games now and each time its been a riot. Every time I've purposefully used int as my dump stat, leaving him tragically stupid and astounding strength, literal retard strength. Hes always had at least a few barbarion levels and either fighter or ranger. Currently he's in a return to ravnica style game at 14th lvl with an old school dick of a dm. It's always a grinder but i love the challenge, even if he is up to 18 deaths as a character.

One thing that has always been a constant is donks deep and abiding desire to be the most powerful gnoll in all of existence. He hopes to achieve this by killing yeenoguh and devouring him in his home relm. Never gotten a chance to fight him but he's approaching the nessisary lvl to do so. The ultimate win would be to solo him but i dont see that happening especially with my dick of a dm. I honestly feel like i can't stop playing him until i kill yeenoghu, donks story must have a true ending.

My favorite part of playing him is the roleplay. He talks in the third person, constantly missunderstand or mispronounce words when its funny and is lead around by his love of shiny things and his always hungry belly. He assumes hes in charge because his much smaller companions always stick close to him for safty and generaly never backtalk him, mostly because throwing logic at him just ends in him getting confused and calling them stupid. I make him pretty easy to prod around with plot hooks and player suggestions. The only times he gets beligerent is when he's hungry, needs blood, sees the symbol of orzov (dm repeatedly dick butted me with their clerics last time he was in ravnica) or someone treats him like he's a bitch despite being 14' 7", having 30 str and a +20 to his intimidate. Hes currently ravnicas most wanted with a 5 mill bounty, but I've got a wish and im not afraid to use it.

That's a tough question--I love all my children, y'know?--but it's a toss-up between two wizards.

The first I made when we switched to AD&D 2e. He was a neurotic Necromancer who talked like Jeff Goldblum. He was ostensibly trying to become a Lich for reasons unknown, but his heart just wasn't in it. Through a mix of lovable cowardice (read: survival) and dedication to his craft he ended up becoming the revolving-door party's leader. He was looking to become a nobleman in the northern frontier when the campaign wrapped--his endgame being to resurrect all those who perished getting him to where he was today.

The second is more recent, being a John Rhys-Davies fat egotistical Diviner. He's a conspiracist, painfully proud, and secretly harbours resentment for all the ways his life has gone wrong. He was once a teacher, and he attempts to spread his knowledge for the betterment of the party (whether his advice is wanted or not), as though to live vicariously through the success of his pupils. He's a blame-shifting, stubborn old mule--but he's the heart of the party, because he has an idea of what can/will be, and wants to prevent history from repeating itself. He has only the best interests at heart for the world at large, and can only express frustration when the world around him seems hell-bent on defying his well-studied research. He's a prick with a heart of gold, and he's really quite jolly once you get to know him (not that he makes that easy to do, since he enjoys laying the gadfly and starting arguments).
We got journals for the party in this campaign, and I've been using it both to documents minutes and to write elaborate academic spiels about the nature of Divination, both for the DM's pleasure and to help round out how I think he would act. It's been a blast so far, and I look forward to getting back to him.

I know I've seen that video before. What's the name of it again?

Lucius Praxis.
Imagine Brian Blessed as a Navigator.

Okay I'm cheating a little bit and mentioning a third, but he was really fun and easily the most popular character I played. I'd be remiss not to mention him.

He was a Shadowrun Shaman who talked like pic related. He lived in a dumpster festooned with fetishes and candles, and used mostly healing and illusion spells. He generally preferred avoiding violence, so as not to upset the spirits. His name was Choomba.

Eventually a turncoat runner we worked with sold us out to our Mr. Johnson--Choomba was assumed a benign threat, and was being interrogated by the players' whereabouts. Faced with the crooked runner, Mr. Johnson, and several of his goons in the same room, Choomba busted out his best area spell WAY beyond his limits--killing himself and everyone else involved in this little conspiracy.

His catchphrase ("SPIRIT COMPANION") lives on to this day.

My first tabletop character. A halfling gunslinger with dreams of becoming a lawman, fate dicked her out of it and set on another path.

Tiefling Cleric, in his 40s. A buddy of mine invited me to my first 5e game, told me they had a paladin, a rogue, ranger and warlock. Told me that the best idea was to make a caster. So, I showed up to the table with Chongo, Cleric of Pelor.

Chongo ended up banging his head against a wall for eight solid hours while listening to the rest of the party having a foursome, then killed a good fifteen or so bandits the next morning, because they interrupted his praying time.

I believe his best moment was when he cast Command on a raider that was being particularly ungrateful, and he told the bandit to grovel at his feet. One point-blank crossbow shot later and the bandit's head rolled across the tavern floor.

This is genius.

My DM was making us roll for stats, but allowing us to place them whereever we liked. I was planning on making a cleric that was the party face, because the party needed a healer, and I was the only person good at roleplaying a conversation with the DM, no matter HOW many times I tried to step back down from that roll. Especially because I had a -1 CHA.

I rolled a 4 for one of my stats. So naturally, I did the most sensible thing and put it into CON.

I started seriously thinking about that action and how it would have effected her life. Eventually, I arrived at her character. She was a young girl of maybe about 17, maybe 19, who had contracted a strange illness, rendering her body weak and frail, and unable to travel for extended lengths of time. After hearing the news, she turned to her religion seeking either answers, or a cure, but finding none. The other villagers left her alone and she had relatively few friends. Other than the children who would play in the garden that she grew, as she was a cleric of a nature god. Her garden and the children who came for her lessons were the only thing sustaining her.

I found her incredibly interesting, and I was glad I wound up rolling because it was an interesting concept for a character I would have otherwise never created.

I never got to play her though. The DM thought that me making a female character meant I was a degenerate tranny and started harassing me until I got fed up with his bullshit and politely left. The situation was made worse because the DM ass kisser of the group apparently fell in love with my character and took an obscene interest in her, which I can only imagine pissed off the DM even more even if I never noticed it.

I still wonder what could have been.

Novus Intius, Techpriest Malatek in Dark Heresy.

He'd been converted into a Techpriest on a Void Ship by a slightly insane and out of favor Magos,and spent most of his life learning from him. He'd had very little contact with the priesthood at large, and got recruited by the Inquisition before he ever really got dealt with.

So he had some pretty crazy ideas as far as being a Techpriest, none of them really Heretikal, but certainly not in vogue. The biggest one was his belief that the human flesh was ultimately the equal of machine, properly modified.

I managed to keep him all but unconverted all the way to Ascension, by which point he was a crazy mad doctor who was trying to figure out how to turn humanity as a whole into Psykers, with a bunch of other side projects going.

I was the medic, and everyone was scared shitless of me, mostly because I generally took any major operation as a chance to have some fun and test out some of my combat drugs. It didn't help that pretty much every thing I designed generally ended up resulting in the horrible death of anyone I tested it on.

Jeff, the autistic paladin.

Friend to none except Justice, his dog who could sense evil.

My favorite character to this day that i have ever ran is my kobold rogue, Digs-too-deep.

coming from humble origins in a nameless warren, Digs was hatched and immediately sped off to the ancestral temple of his people, his birth as a Dragonwrought being foretold by his ancestors. Growing up in the temple he grew to love exploring and climbing to the highest spires, not having wings like his brothers and sisters to fly him to their lofty peaks. He took up playing the panflutes and set out on his travels, being taught the ways of war by a passing paladin. Since he was too small to wield a sword or an axe, he took up the crossbow and became a terrifyingly eagle-eyed sniper, eventually getting his hands on a custom made musket he "liberated" from some bandits.

looks like a lizard, fights like a marine, hates being thought of as an animal. Smart mouthed and world weary he seeks his fortunes and glory, plying his trade as an assassin or a repo man. Will eat about anything that wont kill him.

I think it would have to be my character Alice, ship captain and following the events of campaign would found an order of warriors called the silver hearts. Silver standing for purity and the heart for courage and dedication of life.

She didn't run a pirate ship, and due to the run-ins with an ancient sea god (of sorts) decided that her ship would be a transport vessel. Goods and people, of course, and she took leadership to stand for the training she was giving to her crew.

Lots of other stuff happened, but I can discuss that later.

I've been stuck as ForeverDM for a really goddamn long time, so the few times I've been able to have a character of my own I end up getting super attatched.

Probably my favorite was the Rigger I played in a short-lived Shadowrun game. She was extremely paranoid, especially towards ARES after she saw her best friends brains get boiled out of her nose. She used her swarm of drones to keep everyone at arms length, both metaphorically and sometimes literally. She had quite a few good moments, like kicking off a gang war by using the automatic turret on her souped up V8 Hearse to mow down a bunch of Halloweeners, rocketing out of the back of the Hearse on top of a medical Steel Lynx rushing to save her friends, and using her pathetic hacking skills to disable an orc's cybereyes, allowing the team to get away with their lives.

Eventually, her paranoia and refusal to let anyone close got the best of her. After blowing up an ARES supply shipment the team desperately needed, she was hit by a lightning bolt from an enemy mage and had her circuits fried. She was shot in the head by the face after a quick moment of deliberation and left to die in the rain.

The group broke up after that, and I thought it was the best send off she could have possibly gotten.