Accidental Magical Girl CYOA: Drama Edition

Welcome to the Accidental Magical Girl thread!

Various worlds and multiverses have become connected together via the mysterious Overcity, a sprawling landscape inhabited by monsters and magical beings. Girls and boys endowed with their new supernatural powers can work together solving conflicts that arise!

>This is NOT a greentext adventure style CYOA with one GM and thread posting to dictate the adventure, but rather a hub thread for multiple storycrafters to use. A majority of activity (including campaigns) instead happens in the IRC, which is open for newbies to join.
Characters can be rolled with either the CYOA's purple PDF which is intended as a writing prompt and is in the process of developing an independent auxiliary combat system, or AMGC's blue pdf which contains combat rules for PNP campaigns along with the rolls. The IRC mostly uses AMGC.

Post builds, roleplay, write stuff.

CYOA Stuff:
Writefag Archive: pastebin.com/rSvTGQzP
Magical Girl Images (updated 02/26/16): mega.nz/#F!xINWxCqY!HsVA2LnU9RDMMmZieoqv9w

Character Archive:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_ugcJa0fs2KkZ-oXy7kexzqAySUzsbUJ42GydS_kV_w/
Add your character here!

RPNP Stuff:
IRC Linkboard:
titanpad.com/RWlqAHmERq
Spec Trees (spells for all 19 normal Specializations, updated often):
titanpad.com/FUjuIO6cfH

IRC on Rizon:
OOC Chat: #MGCYOA
In Character RP Pub: #TheWand&Circlet or #TheRedLine
IC Campaigns: #MGChronicle or #MGPnP
IC Shenanigans: #Overcity
IC Cafe: #MGCafe
IC School: #MGSchool or #MGClass
rizon.net/chat

Early 2015 Old Thread OP Text: pastebin.com/usMM2EC7

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

orteil.dashnet.org/randomgen/?gen=xvJyAbps
mega.nz/#F!b58XRCQL!z50OFF70hX_OsfPpBMgCJQ
dropbox.com/sh/hzcmi8mwy455ydm/AACCowTNhIZ_Nni1zXpQgpBma?dl=0
mega.nz/#F!7lhCDTKS!IYUthet1jHr1pVeEkQPSpQ
dropbox.com/sh/cfn5ax432n87ma2/AACxHDp-JVsc_ipTTXa6YAqka?dl=0
titanpad.com/Bpkgnrtm9T
178.140.224.56/aa2/uploads/AA024562.png
titanpad.com/XANnjx4jQq
titanpad.com/wkBs5Mua8s
sleeplessdomain.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The CYOA's Patron Module, which determines just who bestows your character's magical abilities. But be wary, for not all of these patrons are after your best interests...

This PDF is for AMGC 1.12, used for PNP in the IRC.
>Features 10 additional powers and 20 extra perks, as well as combat actions, point buy, and more.

>Character generator for AMGC, made by Doxy using RandomGen by Orteil.
Just one click and your mahou will be finished!
orteil.dashnet.org/randomgen/?gen=xvJyAbps

!! IMPORTANT !!
>Add-Ons to AMGC Core including the Corruption, Fusion, and Puchuu docs, now in one convenient spot!
mega.nz/#F!b58XRCQL!z50OFF70hX_OsfPpBMgCJQ
dropbox.com/sh/hzcmi8mwy455ydm/AACCowTNhIZ_Nni1zXpQgpBma?dl=0

And for those of you who don't like Filesharing sites, I'll link the additional PDFs here too.

Starting with AMGCorruption!

Fusion Document here. Have fun with your thinly veiled sex metaphor.

Reminder that Puchuu are for bullying. Please bully your Puchuu today.

And, probably should have listed this up higher with the Base CYOA, but we have SCS. The Supplementary Combat System.

Celebrating 50 years of magical girling, I give you this guide to the magical girl genre!

!! IMPORTANT !!
>Add-Ons to SCS now in one convenient spot, even if there's only one so far!
mega.nz/#F!7lhCDTKS!IYUthet1jHr1pVeEkQPSpQ
dropbox.com/sh/cfn5ax432n87ma2/AACxHDp-JVsc_ipTTXa6YAqka?dl=0

Lake/ElkQuest hype!

Reminder that the Doubles Tournament is still accepting applicants!

titanpad.com/Bpkgnrtm9T

That is the rules and sign-up sheet!

Currently the exact start date is up in the air as we need more participants.

Will the Beacon girl and the monster sympathizer finish the job before they're at each other's throats? What kind of monster could be responsible for this? How many dead elk is too many? Find out next time on ElkQuest!

The answers are, in order: Probably, A strong one, never too many

Would you a Kaylee?
I'd a Kaylee.

Reminder that lewd is absolutely forbidden.

Courage virtue doesn't include any stipulations against headpats.

Says you.

Do tell what the premise is?

headpats are gateway drug to heavy petting

Cute beacon girl needs some dickings.

Rolled 10, 2, 8, 1, 5, 6, 2, 13, 1, 6, 16, 5 = 75 (12d20)

Never not rolling once per thread.

The girls were in the Pub when they were told about something which another mahou was unable to stop, which was corrupting the animals and landscape.

Rolled 13, 2, 3, 6, 7, 15, 3, 9, 10, 9, 14, 15 = 106 (12d20)

Rolling bump, because can't let this thread die on the day of its birth.

Rolled 10, 10, 19, 3, 9, 1, 12, 2, 17, 11, 2, 15 = 111 (12d20)

178.140.224.56/aa2/uploads/AA024562.png

Honestly I think this is one of my favorite parts of the CYOA.

Why would it be listed higher when no one uses it?

Rolled 10, 2, 6, 3, 10, 2, 4, 4, 7, 9, 10, 2 = 69 (12d10)

Meh, just let it be forgotten like it deserves. Don't take the bait.

Rolled 4, 3, 5, 1, 1, 9, 7, 1, 9, 10, 5, 1 = 56 (12d10)

How inhuman are your monstergirls?

I try to keep them human in appearance but inhuman in mentality, so that people feel like they can relate to the monster but have those feelings inevitably betrayed by the lack of real humanity.
I like making people question their preconceptions and pitting what they feel is right against what they know is right, etc.

My magical girls are less human inside than most monstergirls.

Mine vary depending on how long they've been a monstergirl. One that's been one for maybe a couple years is still wrestling with the beast, and her humanity is present, though occasionally sidelined. One that was turned, say, decades ago, has little to no humanity left, and anything to the contrary is an affectation put on to further her goals.

Monsters choose to resemble pretty girls.

Titanpad talking about corruption fluff in AMGC:
titanpad.com/XANnjx4jQq

In attitude, she's fairly human, with the myriad issues and character flaws that entails. Definitely less so in appearance, when she lets her monstrous appearance show, that is. Normally, she'd rather hide it as while she doesn't dislike how she looks, she fears possible negative reactions and revulsion by others.

Any ideas for new costume elements other than the ones currently listed? We're brainstorming possible new outfit traits in IRC.

Do you mean that in the sense of different costume types or new Outfit Enhancements or what?

New enhancements

either'd be interesting

Pretty similar to what said. Mine are about 50/50 human/monster in appearance, but are definitely more monstrous in mentality. Their thought processes and motivations work out much differently than regular girls. That's an aspect of MonGs that I feel should be core, but seems to be a little underplayed. I don't want to point any fingers, but there are some people in the community who seem to just make Monster Girls for the physical style and free stats, and completely ignore all the monstrous mentalities and character traits that MonGs are supposed to have. They're Monsters ffs, they should act like them.

Rolled 1, 10, 16, 3, 5, 7, 12, 19, 4, 17, 19, 1 = 114 (12d20)

Rolling

Rolled 1, 3, 10, 2, 3, 6, 3, 9, 4, 10, 8, 9 = 68 (12d10)

Good morning MGCYOA, here's a repost of argument fuel:
titanpad.com/wkBs5Mua8s

Rolled 13, 7, 7, 6, 17, 7, 9, 11, 4, 14, 19, 3 = 117 (12d20)

After a random thought how would you go about making a Magical Girl Gilgamesh?

LCK, Masculinity, Hammerspace

Can't forget Money and Eternal Style.

Fated?

Rolled 7, 16, 10, 5, 5, 12, 16, 13, 18, 14, 15, 16 = 147 (12d20)

I was thinking fem!Gil

What specialization do you think works? Metal or Oddball?

Extra limbs and multiple weapons are a must.

>They're Monsters ffs, they should act like them.

Which few people believe in doing or want to see done.

Yeah, which is a pity, but at the same time I can't blame them for playing things the way they want to.

Yesterday's discussion seemed to generate positive feelings in that direction.

Yes, but there also seems to be a large amount of hostility towards the idea of others playing their characters with a monstrous mentality or motivation.

I haven't seen that. Unless you're Nid, in which case that's a straw man.

Not really at all.

Nidhogg is a magical girl, not a monster girl.

The people involved with playing cosmetic monster girls think its dumb that they are FORCED into taking a motivation or being evil.
Just let them do what they want, we don't want to lose even more people to dumb arguments.

I think you missed the drama when it turned out a smily monster girl actually turned out to be you know. Not a good person.

>not a monster girl

She is.

I haven't missed anything.

And, yes, people can play what they want, but it's still a wasted RP opportunity.

Live, damn you!

Rolled 13, 7, 14, 17, 11, 17, 18, 14, 17, 7, 20, 14 = 169 (12d20)

Rolled 2, 6, 8, 7, 15, 18, 11, 8, 5, 10, 9 = 99 (11d20)

Rolled 18 (1d20)

Well shit.

No shit. Only Happiness and rainbows.

Unless something is wrong, in which case, tell us friend!

Masculinity is such a great perk.

Rolled 18, 15, 20, 15, 1, 2, 9, 4, 17, 5, 19, 7 = 132 (12d20)

PSA: Do not try to befriend any monsters.

Monsters are for purification and beatdowns.

Then befriending.

age 16
body undeverloped +1 mag
Spec time1 Vit +2 luck
Fist: +2 str
Outfit: Flowing +1 str
Power Barrage
Perks: Eternal Style, Wings, masculinty, Soul jar, Martial Training

close enough

1.5 when? 1.5 soon. Oddly, not because of my usual procrastination (though yes, that's contributory) but because my POS rustbucket vehicle has blown a seal for the second time in a few months.

That said, I still think I can get this done this week, or next Monday at the latest, provided busing back and forth doesn't eat ALL my time, especially since the actual text is all done, it's just the publishing bits I have to do of slotting text and images into the actual document.

Can you give a tl;dr of the coming changes, as a teaser?

Origins - Origins change how you become a mahou, which some folks were crying for since they didn't like being forced into the 'you killed a girl' narrative. Mechanically, they let you ignore some die rolls or lock in certain rolls before you begin character creation. New frontpage, obviously, since you choose Origin before any rolls happen.

Twin Souls - this fucker does way too much as a Perk, it's annoying to balance, and people complain about it constantly. so... it's a Power now.

Familiar - this is pretty weak for the given powers. Twin Soul is frankly better. Oh, hey, If Twin Soul is turning into a Power, something has to move out of the way. Familiar is a Perk now.

Allies and Big Friend are being merged and balanced. When you roll 'Ally' you can choose between a newish Monster Girl, or a more experienced Magical Girl. MonG gets no coins, Magical Girl gets some coins.

Also, I'll have 1.1 of Patrons, which is mostly editing passes, and a slight bump for some of the MonG options to make them competitive with Second Spec.

New Perk. I have a few options in mind, will decide which one to insert based on how much space I have to use on the page after shuffling things around.

How do you think your changes be implemented into the IRC roleplay?

Hyped!

They'll be good for character creation, and the balance stuff'll make its way into AMGC I think.

Eh. No idea. IRC roleplay largely runs on AMGC rather than my base doc, so could be anything.

After 1.5 though, I don't have any other big plans in mind. I'll probably do some small iterative changes, but I intend to mostly focus on the proposed setting doc for the IRC game, and then let the Base and Patron docs sit for a bit so Core can catch up to it.

AMGC works off CYOA as an inspiration- so I wouldn't worry there too much once they get around to updating the system to match.

Hyped for your system ideas though.

Heartful Punch kawaii desu ne!!!!
sleeplessdomain.com/

If Twins will be losing their Powers they had beforehand, and all girls with Allies, Big Friend (or both) are gonna be losing them, should we have some kind of event in the irc to account for the trauma?
How should this effect existing stories? Just retcon them or make them die?
It won't be fair to new people rolling Twins to not have Powers if old Twins get to keep theirs so I figure we need to reason this out
Thoughts?

Just..fix your character sheets? System got bugfixed, no need to make a song and dance about it.

It's more than just a character sheet. It's part of the story I was making. Don't you think its kind of a big deal that a character suddenly lost a friend, or two, or can't use their power anymore?
I want an in-universe reason that makes sense. It's not much to ask for.

As QuasarBlack said, the IRC primarily uses AMGCore. If you're worried about your story in the IRC, hold off on anything drastic until Core changes too. If it even makes the same changes. If you're writing outside of the IRC, well... Up to you then.

She kind of has a man face.

Just coin to rebuild the sheet? Or point buy it?

As has been said, if you're doing something as collaborative storytelling via RP? You're going to be using AMGC anyway. That hasn't changed and likely won't for some time.

If you're writing a story as a solo writefag, then just roll with it however you see fit - the CYOA is a guide, not a set of rails that cannot be deviated from. Maeve has two allies in Void Guardian. I won't be changing that and I'll still be making use of them as characters for my writing. If AMGC changes to reflect the new Base doc ,I suppose I could kill one off for drama purposes, but I don't think it'd work well. More likely, I'll pick one that's more invested in the local area and have them 'stay home' when it's time to RP. Or, since I've written them both as military brats, I'll have one move away.

I'm not really seeing a problem. If you have a legacy build for your fiction, then you have a legacy build. End of.

Seeing a man in a beautiful waifu is totally ok, user. Some people just roll that way.

Rolled 11, 20, 20, 3, 2, 6, 18, 6, 18, 10, 20, 7 = 141 (12d20)

Rolled 19, 7, 19, 8, 9, 5, 16, 2, 14, 18, 7 = 124 (11d20)

Newfag here.
What is this and how do I get into it?

It's a RP prompt/writing system- come check out the IRC for people to walk you through it.

You roll up a character and either write stories about your new magical girl or maybe play in RP campaigns if you used AMGC. Or just freeform RP.

Rolled 18 (1d20)

There. 12.